Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Phaeton Juicer

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

PHAETON JUICER O.C.C.
Role:
Action Junkie Pilots
PL 9 (122)
STRENGTH
3/5 STAMINA 3/6 AGILITY 3/6
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 2 (+2)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Technology 6 (+6)
Vehicles 9 (+13)

Advantages:
Equipment 10 (Juicer Gear), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Strength & Stamina 2 [8]
Enhanced Agility 3 [6]
Enhanced Advantages 8: Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Uncanny Dodge [8]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]
Enhanced Will 2 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Psionics) [1]

"Phaeton Enhancements"
Immunity 1 (G-Force) [1]
Improved Initiative +2 (Flaws: Limited to Within Vehicles) [1]

Equipment:
"Juicer Gear"
"Juicer Assassin's Plate" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) (7)
"Mercenary Gear" Assorted Stuff 5 (5)
"Vibro Blade" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (8)

"JA-11 Juicer Assassin's Energy Rifle" Blast 10 (Feats: Range) (Extras: Multiattack) (31) -- (32)
  • AE: "S.D.C. Bullet" Blast 4 (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Vibro-Knife +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
SDC Bullet +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Energy Rifle +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +10 (+18 Within Vehicles)

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +4 (+8 Juicer), Will +5 (+7 vs. Psionics)

Complications:
Responsibility (Early Death)- Juicers must engage in the dangerous "Detoxification" process or die- a Juicer's lifespan is between five and seven years after they join the O.C.C., with no exceptions.
Addiction (Action)- Juicers are touchy, nervous and exciteable. They crave action, danger and adventure. Some have tossed themselves off of buildings for kicks.
Responsibility (Cannot Sleep)- Juicers cannot sleep without sedatives or tranquilizers.
Responsibilty (Owes Money)- Becoming a Juicer costs a pretty penny, and most people who take the process are quite poor. This means they usually owe money to someone.
Power Loss (Juicer Abilities)- If a Juicer Detoxes, they will not only lose all their Powers, but drop BELOW their baseline stats on occasion! They will also look ten years older than normal. Most Juicers crave the lifestyle, and many become suicidal or addicted to other drugs instead.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 5 (122)

-One of the more unique ideas in Juicer Uprising isn't a "Juicer + MOAR" concept (Faster; Stronger; Mega-Damage; Dragon-Blood-Infused) at all; it's the PHAETON Juicer, named for the son of Apollo/Helios, who died piloting his father's uncontrollable Sun Chariot. These guys eschew the "Super-Combat God" Juicer concept and instead turn them into a class of elite PILOTS. See, the physical benefits, durability and reflexes of a Juicer as just as ideal for VEHICULAR combat as it is close-combat, so why not have a group of suicidal, doomed pilots?

-I mean, I dunno if anyone would ever wanna PLAY this, but it seems to fit the "Fighter Pilot" motif. Curiously, the picture just looks like a standard shirtless Juicer with a visor- maybe they just wanted to create SOMETHING for this pic?

-Phaeton Juicers are supposed to be quite diminished from regular Juicers as combatants, but they have identical SDC boosts, Physical Endurance & Physical Prowess, meaning they pretty much look the same in M&M- they just lack the raw strength of a basic Juicer. They notably only get ONE extra attack, however, so I dropped their Enhanced Fighting, making them one of the cheaper variants. They are a fair bit below a regular Juicer in a major scrap, being only PL 8 defensively.

-HOWEVER, if you stick them in Power Armor, they become elite asskickers the likes of which you've rarely seen- adding the two basic attacks everyone gets, the "auto-take" of boxing, two attacks from the fighting style, two attacks from being in a suit, and two attacks from being a Phaeton Juicer (when in vehicles, they have +2 attacks), they become all-time fighters, dealing out horrifying amounts of damage with guns that rival those of the SAMAS.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ken

Re: Phaeton Juicer

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:15 am Image
HOLY CANTILEVER BATMAN!!! I haven't seen a character who looks more ridiculously top heavy since I stopped reading Jim Balent drawn comics. Are the spine and hips made out of vibranium or marvelium or something?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Wilderness Scouts, Borgs, Glitter Boys, Juicers)

Post by Jabroniville »

It's Power Armor- it's said to be 250 lbs., but operates under its own strength. And the top-heaviness is actually given as a flaw in the design, so I guess somebody at Palladium thought of that :). Though that's actually the "Juicer Killer" Armor, not the one I was intending to use, which is the "Icarus Flight System". Which weighs 1000 lbs, and can only be worn by super-strong fighters.

But yes- everything in Rifts is insane. There's a Vibro-CHAINSAW in that book.
Jabroniville

Juicer Types

Post by Jabroniville »

There are some peculiarities in all the different types of Juicers:
* Juicers are of course the baseline, getting a lot of standard bonuses. Most of the others are better than the Juicer in at least one way, though a bit of attention is paid to balance... for the first handful. Others are just blatantly better in every possible way.

* The Hyperion Juicer is faster, but notably doesn't get more attacks. It's not even THAT fast (Speed 5-6!)- it's slower than almost any vehicle! And for those bonuses, it becomes weaker, more fragile and more. It does add a small amount of Mega-Damage from a kick, I guess.

* The Phaeton Juicer is a bit worse overall, but great at piloting.

* The Coalition Juicer is the exact same, but has one less attack for some reason. Better gear, though.

* The Delphi Juicer is similar to the Hyperion, in that it's slightly worse. The Psionics are a BIG benefit, though.

* The Psycho-Stalker is better overall (faster and with a flat boost to HP), but a tad less tough unless it takes the short-lived Super-Form.

* The four "Mega-Damage" Juicers, though... forget about it. In no way does a regular Juicer stand a chance in melee. A Titan Juicer is somewhat comparable, though, losing an attack in spite of greater hitting power, which makes a difference in a gunfight.

* The Dragon & Splugorth Juicers are very odd to compare- the Dragon Juicer is tougher by a bit (with Armor + MDC), has one more attack, and heals MUCH more quickly- the Splugorth Juicer is one of the only ones to have only +1 Attack, and the only real advantage is that it's a bit faster (and that its armor is natural, and regenerates on its own). A Mega-Juicer is more fragile than either. But these latter three are far, FAR superior to regular Juicers, and give off a huge sense of "You Want To Play Us!".
Jabroniville

Juicer Assassin

Post by Jabroniville »

JUICER ASSASSSIN O.C.C.
Role:
Action Junkie, Assassin
PL 9 (128)
STRENGTH
3/6 STAMINA 3/6 AGILITY 3/6
FIGHTING 8/10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Expertise (Assassin) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+4)
Perception 7 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+10)
Technology 5 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 11 (Juicer Gear), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Strength, Stamina & Agility 3 [18]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
Enhanced Advantages 8: Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Uncanny Dodge [8]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]

Equipment:
"Juicer Gear"

"JA-12 Juicer Assassin's Energy Rifle" Blast 11 (Feats: Range 2) (Extras: Multiattack) (34) -- (35)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
SDC Bullet +7 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Energy Rifle +7 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +4 (+8 Juicer), Will +5 (+7 vs. Psionics)

Complications:
Responsibility (Early Death)- Juicers must engage in the dangerous "Detoxification" process or die- a Juicer's lifespan is between five and seven years after they join the O.C.C., with no exceptions.
Addiction (Action)- Juicers are touchy, nervous and exciteable. They crave action, danger and adventure. Some have tossed themselves off of buildings for kicks.
Responsibility (Cannot Sleep)- Juicers cannot sleep without sedatives or tranquilizers.
Responsibilty (Owes Money)- Becoming a Juicer costs a pretty penny, and most people who take the process are quite poor. This means they usually owe money to someone.
Power Loss (Juicer Abilities)- If a Juicer Detoxes, they will not only lose all their Powers, but drop BELOW their baseline stats on occasion! They will also look ten years older than normal. Most Juicers crave the lifestyle, and many become suicidal or addicted to other drugs instead.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 6 (128)

-Juicer Uprising features three classes that are just modifications of the regular Juicer O.C.C.- rather than just making a Bigger & Badder Juicer, they simply took the same stats, and assumed a different career path. Though truth be told, "Assassin" doesn't seem like quite a good fit for the Juicers- their whole thing is being action junkies, suicidal warriors and exciteable crazy types. Sitting around and sniping guys from afar seems to run contrary to that whole idea. Plus, I mean... how are steroids going to help you point your gun better?

-The "fluff" establishes them as James Bond-types (though mostly inspired by the legendary Julian Amici- a Juicer from a series of novels) who dress in suave clothing, and fight as stealthy guys with precise strikes. 55% of them are even said to successfully "Detox" and retire as rich men! The art is somewhat notable- R.K. Post is the one using a LOT of photo reference and shading, giving his art a very dark, gritty, "stiff" quality that you get from tracing. The Juicer Asssassin image is about 80% dark, with a visored face peering out, and some kind of glowing spear in his hands. The back of his head seems to include a fluid-filled jar with lots of wires for some reason. Looks very Ghost in the Shell.

-A Juicer Assassin is basically a Juicer with different Skills- dropping Survival for extra Stealth & Perception. The gun comes from Juicer Uprising, and is a bit more powerful than the standard JA-11 Rifle.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 pm -Juicer Uprising features three classes that are just modifications of the regular Juicer O.C.C.- rather than just making a Bigger & Badder Juicer, they simply took the same stats, and assumed a different career path. Though truth be told, "Assassin" doesn't seem like quite a good fit for the Juicers- their whole thing is being action junkies, suicidal warriors and exciteable crazy types. Sitting around and sniping guys from afar seems to run contrary to that whole idea. Plus, I mean... how are steroids going to help you point your gun better?
I don't know if they qualify as 'steroids', exactly, but the Grisaia series of Japanese video games includes a drug that helps a sniper's eye muscles remain extraordinarily focused instead of losing focus as time passes. (I think; it's been a while since I played them and forget the exact details of the drug's functionality.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Juicer Gladiator

Post by Jabroniville »

JUICER GLADIATOR O.C.C.
Role:
Sports Stars, Action Junkies
PL 9 (104)
STRENGTH
FIGHTING 8/10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+15)
Expertise (Pro Athlete) 8 (+8)
Perception 4 (+4)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
Enhanced Advantages 7: Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Seize Initiative, Uncanny Dodge [7]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]

Offense:
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +4 (+8 Juicer), Will +3 (+5 vs. Psionics)

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 35 / Defenses: 6 (104)

-Juicer Uprising features a significant amount of content that describes Juicer Sports, which are said to be incredibly popular. The logistics of this are somewhat hard to figure out, as kingdoms are typically far apart and poverty is widespread, yet there's apparently tons of leagues and these guys are real celebrities. The sports are hilariously violent, featuring rules that would leave 90% of the competitors absolutely maimed within a few action rounds- Rifts personified. Many of the sports are basically "Regular Sport + Punching".

-The Juicer Gladiator is an O.C.C. that matches most of these guys. They're as good as regular Juicers as far as their stats go, but they're even said to lack the experience of a standard Mercenary-type, leaving them naive and vulnerable if they quit their jobs. So they're PL 9 melee fighters, but hopelessly outmatched in a gunfight.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Rifts is technically a post-post-Apocalyptic setting, being some 300-400 years since the Coming of the Rifts and 110-ish years since the founding of Chi-Town (depending on how far along in the metaplot any given book was printed). So there’s actually a fairly “safe” corridor running diagonally from Free Quebec in the northeast, down through the Upper Peninsula (Northern Gun), down through modern day Wisconsin, through Chi-Town, down to Arkansas, and then over to Lone Star in the southwest.

“Safe” is a relative term, but trade convoys and merchant caravans (in M.D.C. transports with guards packing M.D. weaponry) can make the trip between the major cities without too much risk... Just enough risk to justify having the Player Characters work as “caravan guards” to get from one city to the next, prior to building up enough XP to got further afield.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Gamebook

Post by Gamebook »

I'd heard of Rifts from reading Dragon magazine years ago but never knew much about it. Looking over these builds and their backgrounds it seems rather like how I imagine Terra was in Warhammer 40K before the coming of the Emperor and the Wars of Unification.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Gamebook wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:03 am I'd heard of Rifts from reading Dragon magazine years ago but never knew much about it. Looking over these builds and their backgrounds it seems rather like how I imagine Terra was in Warhammer 40K before the coming of the Emperor and the Wars of Unification.
That’s not a bad way to think of it. Although I always pictured it as more dusty, dirty, and desert-like. Mad Max being a big influence, that and the GW designers dropping hints constantly throughout Rogue Trader that the Emperor was Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star!
Gamebook

Post by Gamebook »

From my reading of the old 40K background it seems that Terra became a desolate wasteland with the seas boiled away and the ground reduced to a desert cut with great chasms during the Horus Heresy. Horus plasma bombed the planet as a preliminary to his landings, apparently leveling it apart from a few fortresses and the Imperial Palace, killing nearly all of the population and destroying most of the accumulated knowledge and treasure brought back from the Great Crusade.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Waaaay back in the day, GW published a game called Dark Future. Sort of a very British version of Steve Jackson Games’ better known Car Wars, it’s a post-apocalyptic 1995 where Earth is a nuclear-scorched hellhole. Officially, they’ve never connected it to their better known Warhammer properties, but I’ve kind of always liked to imagine that Dark Future does presage the techno-barbarian world that was the backdrop of the Unification Wars that brought the Emperor to the fore.

I’ve also always thought that GW’s other really old and seldom remembered game, Chainsaw Warrior should be the story of events that lead in to Dark Future.

So in a mythic ancient past, we’d have the Warhammer Fantasy Battles world. Then things happen, eons pass, magic fades and we get the history of the “real world,” up until the Late Eighties. That’s when the Darkness (read: Chaos) returns and unleashed zombies and other monsters that the titular Chainsaw Warrior needed to stop. But he failed, the nukes fly, and soon enough, we’re in the post-apocalyptic 1995 of Dark Future. Eventually that all gets even worse, then the Emperor begins his Unification Wars. Then the Great Crusade. Then the Horus Heresy... then, 10,000 years latter, it’s Warhammer 40,000.
Jabroniville

Juicer Scout

Post by Jabroniville »

JUICER SCOUT O.C.C.
Role:
Steroid Scouts, Action Junkies, Hunters
PL 9 (127)
STRENGTH
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 7 (+13)
Expertise (Mercenary) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 9 (+10)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 7 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Technology 5 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 10 (Juicer Gear), Ranged Attack 4, Tracking

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]

Equipment:
"Juicer Gear"

"JA-11 Juicer Assassin's Energy Rifle" Blast 10 (Feats: Range) (Extras: Multiattack) (31) -- (32)
Offense:
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +4 (+8 Juicer), Will +5 (+7 vs. Psionics)

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 6 (127)

-This is actually a pretty good idea- Wilderness Scouts always felt like "Unsung Heroes" (considered SCHOLARS instead of warriors, despite the horrors of Rifts Earth!), but a Juicer seems more fit for the job. It combines both O.C.C.s into one, making them great survivalists, at the expense of some interpersonal skills.
Jabroniville

CS Juicer

Post by Jabroniville »

COALITION JUICER O.C.C.
Role:
Steroid Soldiers, Action Junkies
PL 10 (150)
STRENGTH

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Expertise (Soldier) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 2 (+2)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Technology 6 (+6)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Rank- Coalition Special Trooper), Equipment 11 (CS Gear), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]

"Bionic Implants"
"Cyber-Armor" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) [7]
"Laser Finger-Blaster" Blast 6 [12]
Features 1: Climb Cord [1]

Equipment:
"Juicer Gear"
"CS Special Trooper Armor" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 6) (8)
"Vibro Blades" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Penetrating 8) (11)
"CS Gear" Assorted Stuff 5 (5)

"Coalition Energy Rifle" Blast 10 (Feats: Range) (Extras: Multiattack) (31) -- (32)
AE: "S.D.C. Bullet" Blast 4 (8)

Offense:
Vibro-Knife +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Laser Finger-Blaster +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6 (+8 Cyber-Armor, +10 CS Armor), Fortitude +4 (+8 Juicer), Will +5 (+7 vs. Psionics)

Complications: 
Responsibility (The Coalition States)- All Coalition military personell are expected to uphold the virtues of the CS, and are subject to "reorientation", or worse, if they stray.
Enemy (Tolkeen)- The Magic-heavy state is anathema to the Coalition States.
Hatred (D-Bees, Psychics, Magic)
Responsibility (Kill-Switch)- Coalition Juicers are given "Kill Switches"- cybernetic installments that will kill them if they ever desert or turn on the Coalition. Most are unaware of this.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 56 / Defenses: 6 (150)

-On an "official" level, the Coalition States outlaws Juicer Augmentation. Publicly, it's a matter of "human life is important", but it's really more of a power thing- Juicers are powerful, and the CS don't want unregistered ass-kickers running around their cities. Game-wise, it turns your Juicers into sexy outlaws.

-HOWEVER, certain voices within the CS have won out, and now you can find Coalition Juicers as a regular feature in the army- the planned invasions of much of North America (including D-Bee, Magic & Monster-heavy locations) makes the super-strong Steroid Warriors a big bonus. Emperor Prosek is still against the idea (he's ACTUALLY an idealist), but his son Joseph is perfectly willing to sacrifice the otherwise-useless "rabble" in the 'Burbs and other regions. There's even a neat bit on how the Coalition recruits these guys with promises of giving their families places within the large, well-off cities instead of the crime-ridden areas. It makes these guys out to be nobler types, fighting to better the lives of their relatives.

-I would actually say that Vince Martin's design for this character is his best art for the entire Coalition series- this guy just looks BAD-ASS, like he's the entire reason the "New Design" of CS troopers took over. He's even covered in spikes! A shoulder pad and elbow pad are spiked, and his wrist-guard is basically a huge, rounded piece of tech with a bunch of weaponized spikes sticking out.

-The Coalition Juicers are notable in being identical to the standard Juicer in every way, except they have BETTER GEAR, being Coalition troopers. They have Cyber-Armor worth as much as the "standard" Juicer Armor, and then ADD ARMOR TO THAT, maxing out at around 155 MDC!! Their better Vibro-Blades push them higher as well, making a Coalition Juicer out to be a PL 10 adversary, costing more than his "normal" version by a ways.
Jabroniville

Delphi Juicer

Post by Jabroniville »

DELPHI JUICER O.C.C.
Role:
Steroid... Psychics?
PL 9 (183)
STRENGTH
3/5 STAMINA 3/4 AGILITY 3/6

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Expertise (Mercenary) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+4)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Technology 5 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 10 (Juicer Gear), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Strength 2 [4]
Enhanced Stamina 1 [2]
Enhanced Agility 3 [18]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]

"Cybernetic Psychic Amplification System Helmet"
Features 1: Additional Psychic Energy [1]
Senses 2 (Infravision & Low-Light Vision) [2]

"Master Psionic"
"Bio-Manipulation (The Evil Eye)"
"Pain" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired & Daze/Disabled & Stunned/Incapacitated) (Ranged, Cumulative, Extra Condition) (32) -- [45]
  • AE: "Blindness" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Ranged, Cumulative, Sight Only) (24)
  • AE: "Deafness" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Ranged, Cumulative, Hearing Only) (16)
  • AE: "Mute" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated) (Ranged, Cumulative, Speech Only) (16)
  • AE: "Paralysis" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired & Dazed/Disabled & Stunned/Paralyzed) (Ranged, Cumulative, Extra Condition) (32)
  • AE: "Stun" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Ranged, Cumulative) (24)
  • AE: "Tissue Manipulation" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled) (Ranged, Cumulative, Limited Degree) (16)
  • AE: "Clairvoyance" Precognition (4)
  • AE: "Presence Sense" Senses 3 (Supernatural Creature Awareness- Radius, Ranged) (3)
  • AE: "See Aura" Senses (Life Detection- Acute, Analytical, Magic Detection, Psychic Detection, Possession Awareness) & Senses (Mutant/Non-Human/Illness Detection- Uncontrolled) (8)
  • AE: "See the Invisible" Vision Counters Concealment (2)
  • AE: "Impervious to Fire" Immunity (Fire Effects) (10)
  • AE: "Ectoplasm" Move Object 4 (Subtle 2) (9)
  • AE: "Mind Block" Immunity 20 (Mental Powers) (Flaws: Fades) (10)
Equipment:
"Juicer Gear"

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Vibro-Knife +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Afflictions +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+6 Armor), Fortitude +4 (+8 Juicer), Will +5 (+7 vs. Psionics)

Complications:
Responsibility (Early Death)- Juicers must engage in the dangerous "Detoxification" process or die- a Juicer's lifespan is between five and seven years after they join the O.C.C., with no exceptions. In addition, Delphi Juicers will experience random power-flashes during their last year alive- this "Last Call" results in bursts of power every two hours!
Responsibility (Delphi Visions)- Delphi Juicers often have precognitive flashes that can cause them to lash out at nearby targets.
Power Loss (Physic Powers)- Psionics have a finite energy source that must be replenished before more powers can be used.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 93 / Defenses: 6 (183)

-Arguably the most "WTF?" Class in the book is the Delphi Juicer, who combines the Suicidal Steroid Warrior archetype of the Juicer with... Psionics? I mean, the creators obviously LOVE their Psionic powers, riveting them onto every kingdom, army and book they can find, but this is just a weird fit. Delphi Juicers are basically the "Disney's Animal Kingdom" of O.C.C.s- instead of making one Superstar Concept, they combined two concepts at half-strength, hoping the whole is better than the sum of its parts. It's... eh. I dunno. DAK (as we theme park afficionados call it) is good, but really a half-strength Theme Park riveted onto a half-strength zoo. Such is the Delphi Juicer's problem.

-These guys are INCREDIBLY-expensive, owing to adding one "Super Psionic" power and a handful of mandatory "takes" to a minor Juicer's build. Super Psionics are actually REALLY good, and even one can be potent. I went with the pricey one with six Alt-Effects :). I dunno, it feels more interesting than "Mental Blast Guy". They are quite a bit weaker and less durable than regular Juicers, however, but put them in MDC Armor and it won't even matter in Rifts.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.