Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
greycrusader

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Titan, Mega-Juicers, Dragon & Splugorth Juicers!)

Post by greycrusader »

Weren't there also Death-Juicers, who somehow used unholy necromantic serums instead of the usual Juicer drugs, and became revenant-like monsters? I thought I remembered them appearing in the main Juicer sourcebook, basically being not just metal but DETH METAL!!!! But I didn't think this involved worshiping any the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, or needing to do blood sacrifices? or Or am I just not recalling the Murder-Wraiths correctly?

Also, re: Juicers-the whole "lifespan limited to 3-7 years" bit really doesn't disadvantage the OCC at all. Yeah, it would be a terrible disadvantage in REAL LIFE, but active adventurers in the RIFTS setting, taking on alien and extra-dimensional monsters, facing off against heavily armed Coalition troops,the threat of eldritch abominations, treasure hunting in preternaturally hazardous environments, etc.? ANY character class could die within the span of a campaign lasting several years.

And yes-the tropes you guys were discussing above pretty much are the hallmarks of RIFTS (and the other PB rpgs), LOL>

All my best.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Woodclaw wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:28 am I think that none does the "random life events" as bad as a certain Italian game that was meant to be translated in English (I was the designated translator) until the authors managed to do all the wrong things on RPG.net. I'm dead serious, I've never seen a game forcing you to roll for pre-birth events and then having (I kid you not) 10 random events tables divided by age category and you had to roll on each once per year!
I believe you. Sounds to me like someone was inspired by the Central Casting books. Chesterton's line about new ideas and old mistakes comes to mind.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Juicer Zombies

Post by Jabroniville »

JUICER TECHNO-ZOMBIES:
Stats: INT -2, AWA -2, FIGHTING -2, Pre -- [-6 -Pre]
-The fabled "Prometheus Treatment" meant to lure Juicers to Fort El Dorado in Juicer Uprising is actually an ALIEN PLOT, in one of those weird genre crossovers that are classic Rifts. Instead of curing Juicers of their early death, the Vallax are harvesting Juicer corpses and making zombies out of them.

PHOENIX JUICERS:
Stats: INT -2, AWA -2, FIGHTING -2, Pre -- [-6 -Pre]
Powers: Protection 2 [2]
-Phoenix Juicers are stronger (SDC is halved and converted into MDC) Techno-Zombie Juicers.
Jabroniville

Newcomers

Post by Jabroniville »

NEWCOMERS
Role:
NPC Androids
PL 8 (155)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 4 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Close Attack 3, Equipment 6 (MDC Body Armor +8), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Android Body"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 5) [13]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

Equipment:
"Makeshift Body Armor" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) (7)
"Energy Pistol" Blast 7 (14)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Gun +7 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +8 (+10 Armor), Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Under-Educated)- A huge majority of the human population is now illiterate and under-educated.
Reputation (City Rat)- These kids are typically thought of as criminals, pimps, drug-dealers, thieves or beggars.

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 5 (155)

-The Vallax are using the "Newcomers" as their representatives on Earth, as well as slaves. They're MDC beings with built-in intelligence and a degree of skills, and a complex algorithm that allows these androids to have real personalities.
Spam

Post by Spam »

I wnt to crank up the power creep past 11 and up to Godzilla level with one word... Kaijuicer.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Spam wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:08 am I wnt to crank up the power creep past 11 and up to Godzilla level with one word... Kaijuicer.
Daikaijūicer vs. Glitterzilla: Chi-Town S.0.S.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:14 am
I honestly feel sorry for Chi-Town.

<beat> It's passed.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:14 am
Spam wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:08 am I wnt to crank up the power creep past 11 and up to Godzilla level with one word... Kaijuicer.
Daikajijuicer vs. Glitterzilla vs. Queen Xiticix:Battle Of The Power Creep
I'll just let that thought Stew for a bit.... :lol:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Sūpā Sentai Cosmo-Knight! VS. Kamen Raidā SAMAS coming to a theater near you (provided you live in the fictional Japan inside my head) this Kurisumasu!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:41 am Sūpā Sentai Cosmo-Knight! VS. Kamen Raidā SAMAS coming to a theater near you (provided you live in the fictional Japan inside my head) this Kurisumasu!
I'd love to play a Kamen Rider in the Rifts setting. Well, I'd love to play a Kamen Rider in ANY game, really, but Rifts especially is a good fit for it.

*Kamen Rider Kuuga clenches his fist. The fist of legend. Of this fist, it is said only this: Be you mortal, dragon, godling or Splugorth. It matters not your MDC. If he strikes you, you will bleed.*
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Kamen Rider would probably fit pretty well into Rifts... Okay, sure, everything fits into Rifts, sure. But the idea of a more or less normal human travelling from city to city, small town to small town, and helping out the people he finds. But then when things get really dangerous, he summons a magitek motorcycle and M.D.C. body armor. It's like a Cosmo-Knight meets a Phaeton Juicer.

BTW, if any stuido executives from Japan happen to stumble across this: I'd pay good money to see a Toei / Toho joint-production crossover between Godzilla and Super Sentai and/or Kamen Rider.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ares wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:14 am
Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:41 am Sūpā Sentai Cosmo-Knight! VS. Kamen Raidā SAMAS coming to a theater near you (provided you live in the fictional Japan inside my head) this Kurisumasu!
I'd love to play a Kamen Rider in the Rifts setting. Well, I'd love to play a Kamen Rider in ANY game, really, but Rifts especially is a good fit for it.

*Kamen Rider Kuuga clenches his fist. The fist of legend. Of this fist, it is said only this: Be you mortal, dragon, godling or Splugorth. It matters not your MDC. If he strikes you, you will bleed.*
Then i may have something for you on that VERY SOON(if i can get just a little more free time).... :evil:
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:25 am Kamen Rider would probably fit pretty well into Rifts... Okay, sure, everything fits into Rifts, sure. But the idea of a more or less normal human travelling from city to city, small town to small town, and helping out the people he finds. But then when things get really dangerous, he summons a magitek motorcycle and M.D.C. body armor. It's like a Cosmo-Knight meets a Phaeton Juicer.

BTW, if any stuido executives from Japan happen to stumble across this: I'd pay good money to see a Toei / Toho joint-production crossover between Godzilla and Super Sentai and/or Kamen Rider.
I'd prioritize a Godzilla / Ultraman crossover first, but I'm always a fan of superhero crossovers. That Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and Metal Heroes have done some crossover work the last several years made me no end of happy.

Then again, a Gozilla / Ultraman / Super Sentai AND Kamen Rider crossover would be all kinds of awesome. Godzilla and Ultraman are, naturally, the right size to deal with giant monsters, and Super Sentai have their combining robots to compensate. Some folks would probably want Kamen Rider to either grow or get some kind of power boost, but to me, I kind of like the idea of Kamen Rider doing "Shadow of the Colossus" and taking out giant monsters while normal sized.

Everyone else is trading punches with the giant monster of the day, Kamen Rider leaps off of the roof of one skyscraper, Rider Kicks a giant monster, and lands on the roof of another skyscraper as the monster he just kicked falls on the ground and explodes, backlightning him all badass and such.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

And then Science Ninja Team Gatchaman sweeps in overhead in the God Phoenix, providing air cover as the RX-78-2 Gundam and Mazinger Z take to the battlefield...
Jabroniville

Vallax

Post by Jabroniville »

THE VALLAX R.C.C.
Role:
Evil Bug-People
PL 7 (73)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Deception 6 (+5)
Insight 2 (+3)
Perception 4 (+5)
Technology 10 (+12)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Force Field +4), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Insectoid Physiology"
Senses 2 (Extended & Acute Scent) [2]
Immunity 2 (Heat, Cold) [2]
Extra Limbs 2 [2]
"Disgusting Stink" Affliction 2 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled) (Extras: Area- Scent Perception) (Flaws: Limited Degree) [2]
Communication 1 (Scent) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Stink +2 Area (+2 Affliction, DC 12)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +4 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Under-Educated)- A huge majority of the human population is now illiterate and under-educated.
Reputation (City Rat)- These kids are typically thought of as criminals, pimps, drug-dealers, thieves or beggars.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 9 (73)

-The Vallax are an evil race of bug-like aliens that produce disgusting smells, and are creating Undead Juicers for a planned attack on Coalition territory. This goes to hell in the Juicer Uprising story, as the revolution that builds up there blows the lid off of their "Prometheus Treatment". They are only twelve in number, and are said to have technology "centuries ahead" of anything made on Earth, and stuff even better than is found on Phase World! However, it's said that they lost it all, and are simply making do on Earth after crash-landing.