DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
drkrash

DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Post by drkrash »

This is my thread for posting characters for Fight! The Fighting Game RPG. Here are some guidelines as to how I am doing this.

1) Every build is essentially an interpretation. Since my game is not known by many, I decided to keep these builds fairly simple and easy to use. I’d rather have 10 playable builds available than 2 “arcade-perfect” builds, for example. If you don’t like how I built a move and think there is an important Element missing, change it. Many moves have extra Increased Damage Elements that could be easily exchanged for something else.
2) Power Levels in Fight! are not exactly like Power Levels in M&M. For game balance purposes (both in video games and in the RPG), it is not at all unreasonable that all the Fighters would be the same PL. But that doesn’t work as well when trying to build a “sourcebook” for a setting, taking into account the differences in narrative importance between characters. Therefore, I will post how I determine the PLs for each character in a setting as each game comes up.

This first set of builds will be the King of Fighters, the Orochi saga, which encompasses KOF 95, 96, and 97.

1) Normally, it would be most appropriate to have different versions of these characters for each game, as their moves change subtly through different games. However, I have decided to combine the characters’ move lists for all 3 games, and I have chosen the most common move level for each move.
2) Each video game also has its own fighting system, which in Fight! terms, means different game options. At the moment, I don’t know if I am going to also explain the game system for each game. For now, I’m going to focus on statting up the characters themselves.
3) I am using the following guidelines for KOF Power Levels.
a. The protagonists of their own video game series will be PL 8.
b. Characters that are in other game series as well as KOF will be PL 7.
c. Characters that have multiple KOF appearances but who are unique to the series will be PL 6.
d. Those few characters that only have a single canon appearance in a storyline game of KOF will be PL 5. There will be very few of these.

I probably have some other guidelines that I should include here, but I think this will be sufficient for me to get started.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
drkrash

Re: DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Post by drkrash »

TERRY BOGARD
Power Level 8
Team: Italy, Fatal Fury
Style: Learned from his father
Blood Type: O

Strength 1
Speed 1 Initiative
Stamina 0

Life Bar 100
Fighting Spirit 124

Accuracy +2, Control +1, Damage +3, Defense +1

Qualities: Attractive, Driven, Mobility
Weaknesses: None
Quirks: Revenge

Combat Skills: Defense/Evasion/Tactics 5, Ki 8, Combo 4
Narrative Skills: Agility 2, Athletics 5, Awareness 3, Call Forth Wisdom 6, Climactic Super Move 8, Draw Ki 8, Endure Great Hardship 6, Great Determination 2, Lost in the Crowd 3, Perception 2, Property Damage 8, Reaffirm Purpose 7, Realize Potential 5, Sense Ki 2, Smooth Talking 2, Stance Evaluation 6, Street Society 4, The Fighting World 2, Thug Thrashing 4

Back Knuckle: L2
Reach, Inc Dam 2
Acc +2, Dam 1d10+3

Buster Throw: L2
Position Shift, Throw (2)
Acc +3, Dam 1d8+3

Grasping Upper: L2
Throw (2), Inc Dam
Acc +3, Dam 1d8+4

Rising Upper: L2
Anti-Air, Inc Dam 2
Acc +2, Dam 1d10+3

Burn Knuckle: L3
Mobile, Full Screen, Inc Dam 2
Acc +2, Dam 1d10+3

Crack Shoot: L3
Hard to Evade, Inc Dam 3
Acc +2, Dam 1d10+4

Power Wave: L3
Hits Low, Ranged (2), Inc Dam
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+4

Rising Tackle: L3
Aerial, Anti-Air, Charge Back, Temporary Invulnerability (3), No Movement (-1), Range 0 (-1)
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+3

Power Dunk: L4
Aerial, Knocks Down (2), Inc Dam 2
Acc +2, Dam 1d10+3

Power Charge: L5
Knocks Down (2), Mobile, Inc Acc (3)
Acc +3, Dam 1d8+3

High Angle Geyser: L5 Super
Anti-Air, Breakthrough 3, Invincibility 2, Mobile, Unique, Inc Dam 2
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+3

Power Geyser: L5 Super
Anti-Air, Breakthrough 2, Invincibility 2, Reach, Unique, Inc Dam 2
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+3

Terry is protagonist of the Fatal Fury series. He is somewhat inexplicably on the “Italy” team in KOF 95, but afterwards is just part of the Fatal Fury team (though there was a scene in Italy in the 2nd Fatal Fury anime, but that seems like a stretch).

He and his brother Andy seek vengeance on Geese Howard for murdering their father. The original Fatal Fury takes place in Southtown, and the tournament there was called the King of Fighters tournament, but in the Orochi saga, Terry is not one of the main heroes.

He has a fast, aggressive fighting style. His personality is fairly generic “good guy,” though he is warmer and more sociable than, for example, Ryu.
Last edited by drkrash on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Terry also has my favorite video game voice in all fighting games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ze-xQoEfOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sNjvY580ZE

I'll gladly take requests; otherwise, the next guy will be a less prominent character probably.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sweet- was looking forward to seeing this one. This will greatly assist me in figuring out the Fight! system. Took me a sec to figure out what "ID" and "IA" meant- maybe switch them to "Inc. Accuracy" or "I.Accuracy" or something, for easier reading?
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Thanks a lot, Jab; I'll make those adjustments to the format.

Clearly my first big mistake as a builder was starting my thread on Election Day...
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I've seen Fight! mentioned before and always wanted to check it out, but never got around to it. Think I'm going to have to change that, especially with it being only $7.50 on drivethrurpg.net at the moment.

I don't know a whole lot about the system, but I did recently read blog where someone builds Mario as an example of character creation. Terry looks good, he was always a favorite of mine.
Formerly luketheduke86
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

ARGH! Connection wigged out and Triple Posted!
Last edited by L-Space on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly luketheduke86
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Thanks, L-Space! On the Fight! Google group, someone has posted an entire campaign setting with all the characters from Zelda as combatants.

In an attempt to mix up the characters, if no one wants someone in particular, I think Chang will be next - but I'll still take requests if people have them.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Just as long as you make sure to point out that Choi is the WORST CHARACTER EVER when you get to him, and that I died against him like 20 times until I learned the "trick" to beating him (he's so hard to hit that attacking him is pointless. Just stand still, and HE will attack YOU. THEN you can just counter him!).

Also, here's hoping for the American Sports Team at some point :).
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Geese Howard would be great and I can't remember if Ryuji Yamazaki showed up in the Orochi saga, but if so I'd like to see him too.
Formerly luketheduke86
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

L-Space wrote:Geese Howard would be great and I can't remember if Ryuji Yamazaki showed up in the Orochi saga, but if so I'd like to see him too.
Yamazaki is one of the "8 heads" of Orochi! Though he doesn't give a single f*** about that...

EDIT: Also, I vote for Geese and Krauser as soon as possible ^_^
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

GEESE HOWARD
Power Level 8
Team: Boss
Style: Aikijutsu
Blood Type: B

Strength 0
Speed 1 Control
Stamina 1

Life Bar 100
Fighting Spirit 137

Accuracy +1, Control +2, Damage +1, Defense +3

Qualities: Influence: Street Society 3, Intelligent, Intimidating, Wealth 2
Weaknesses: Bad Reputation
Quirks: Arrogant, Attitude

Combat Skills: Defense/Evasion/Tactics 5, Combo 11
Narrative Skills: Agility 1, Athletics 2, Climactic Super Move 5, Deduction 4, Draw Ki 4, Endure Great Hardship 3, Fast Reflexes 2, Grim Determination 6, High Society 6, Intimidation 7, Occupation: Crime Boss 8, Presence 6, Reaffirm Purpose 4, Realize Potential 2, Sense Ki 5, Smooth Talking 3, Spirituality 2, Stance Evaluation 4, Street Society 10, The Fighting World 6, Thug Thrashing 3, Zen State 2

Long One-Hand Throw: L2
Throw (2), Inc Dam
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+2

Vacuum Throw: L2
Throw (2), Hurl
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+1

Violent Wind Fist: L3
Hits Low, Inc Acc
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+1

Double Violent Wind Fist: L3
Hits Low, Knocks Down (2), Inc Dam
Acc +1, Dam 1d6+2

Flying Sun Slash: L4
Aerial, Knocks Down (2), Mobile, Inc Dam
Acc +1, Dam 1d6+2

Whirlwind Slam: L4
Aerial, Hard to Evade, Reach, Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+1

Middle/Upper Grade Strike Throw: L5
Interrupt, Interrupt Only (-1), Knocks Down (2), Inc Acc (3), Inc Dam
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+2

Wicked Shadow Fist: L5
Knocks Down (2), Mobile, Inc Dam (3)
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+2

Rising Storm: L7 Super
Anti-Air, Area Effect (2), Breakthrough (4), Invincibility (3), No Move (-1), Unique, Inc Dam (4)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+1

Geese is the smooth criminal of the Fatal Fury series, though he plays a very small role in the Orochi saga, only appearing in KoF ‘96. He teams up with his half-brother Krauser and Art of Fighting’s Mr. Big, partially for his own amusement, but also to try to learn what the deal is with this “Orochi” stuff. In the end, Mr. Big tries to have him killed, but fails.

In a Fatal Fury version of these builds, Geese should properly be a special PL 10 villain; he is extremely dangerous and an excellent example of SNK Boss Syndrome. This build represents only his KoF appearance.

His combat style is a little trickier to play, but has the potential to be properly annoying for his opponent. He needs to use Fighting Spirit to keep his Initiative high, but his Control should generally be high enough to consistently do Interrupts. Most of his attacks have Knocks Down, which should keep him in control of the momentum of the fight.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

This morning, I tweaked Geese (which sounds filthy) significantly; I had accidentally deprived him of a lot of Fighting Spirit, I added more to his Narrative Skills, and changed one of his moves which allowed him to increase his Combo Skill quite a bit.

Same Geese, now with more badass.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

One of the coolest things about Geese Howard is the fact that he uses a mostly defensive martial art style, but is still considered a major badass. 8-)
Formerly luketheduke86
YagamiFire

Post by YagamiFire »

Awesome. You've started with two of my favorite characters ever.

If I could request a character? Yashiro (Orochi preferably). Definitely one of my favorite hybrid-grapplers in any fighter and just an overall bad-ass.

If possible, considering we have PREDITABLE! Geese here, could you give a brief explanation on how Interrupts work? I've been running play-tests with FIGHT! with a friend and Interrupts still confuse me a bit.

Thanks for doing these builds!