DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
drkrash

Re: DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Post by drkrash »

Good to see you, Yagami!

I am absolutely taking requests, so I will add yours to my list.

I apologize that I haven't posted yet this week; I'm sort of doing one for Jab and it's proven trickier to put together. I finally finished the moves last night, so the rest should come together more easily.

I'm really having fun doing this...I just haven't reached the machine-like efficiency of some of the regular builders here! :)
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote:Good to see you, Yagami!

I apologize that I haven't posted yet this week; I'm sort of doing one for Jab and it's proven trickier to put together. I finally finished the moves last night, so the rest should come together more easily.

I'm really having fun doing this...I just haven't reached the machine-like efficiency of some of the regular builders here! :)
Hah- was it Choi? Is he as painful to stat as he is to fight?
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Jabroniville wrote:
drkrash wrote:Good to see you, Yagami!

Hah- was it Choi? Is he as painful to stat as he is to fight?
Yup. He had one move in particular that I had to ponder for a good long while, but I think I got it now. Choi is on his way.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

CHOI BOUNGE
Power Level 6
Team: Korea/Kim
Style: Speed Brawling with some Tae Kwon Do
Blood Type: B

Strength 0
Speed 2 Initiative/Control
Stamina -1

Life Bar 80
Fighting Spirit 99

Accuracy +1, Control +2, Damage +1, Defense +1

Qualities: Jumper, Mobility, Short
Weaknesses: Duty Bound, Unattractive
Quirks: Brutal, Distinctive Appearance

Combat Skills: Defense/Evasion/Tactics 4, Combo 8
Narrative Skills: Acrobatics 8, Agility 6, Athletics 5, Climactic Super Move 3, Fast Reflexes 7, Intimidation 6, Occupation: Murderer 5, Perception 3, Realize Potential 3, Shadowing 8, Stealth 7, Street Society 4

Bloody Bowel Discharge Poke: L2
Throw, Hurl, Inc Dam
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+2

Direction Change: L2
Buff (-2 Defense, +2 Evade) (3), Decreased Duration (3-count) (-2), Movement Only (-1), Aerial, Mobile, Only after Whirlwind Flying Monkey Stab or Flying Sky-Ripping Slash (-1)
*Only costs 1 Move Point
Acc N/A, Dam N/A

Double Step Slash: L2
Mobile, Moves Low, Inc Dam
Acc +1, Dam 1d6+2

Overhead Stab: L2
Throw, Sustained Hold (2)
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+1

Passing Demon Kick/Phantom Killer Kick: L2
Hard to Evade, Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+1
*These attacks look different but have the same command (from 2 different games) and are functionally the same.

Tornado Gale Slash: L3
Aerial, Anti-Air, Charge Back, Dec Acc (-1), Knocks Down (2)
Acc +0, Dam 1d6+1

Whirlwind Flying Monkey Stab: L3
Charge Back, Knocks Down (2), Mobile
Acc +1, Dam 1d6+1

Flying Leg: L4
Aerial, Hard to Evade, Inc Dam (3)
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+2

Flying Sky-Ripping Slash: L4
Aerial, Charge Back, Dec Acc (-1), Hard to Evade (2), Knocks Down (2), Mobile, Slow Recovery (-1)
Acc +0, Dam 1d6+1

Rotary Flying Monkey Slash: L4
Charge Back, Hard to Evade, Mobile, Moves Low, Inc Dam
Acc +1, Dam 1d6+2

True! Super Suppressed Tornado Vacuum Slash: L5 Super
Aerial, Breakthrough (3), Charge Back, Hard to Evade (2), Invincibility, Unique, Inc Dam
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+2

Phoenix Leg: L7 Super
Breakthrough (4), Increased Glory (2), Invincibility (2), Mobile, Unique, Inc Dam (4)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+1

Choi is found only in the KOF series, and only as part of Kim’s team. He was a murderer who picked the wrong target one night (Kim) and ended up being conscripted as one of Kim’s “projects” (along with Chang), with the goal of rehabilitating his criminal ways. According to events after the Orochi saga, this has been partially successful. But only partially. His visual inspiration is blatantly borrowed from Freddy Krueger of Nightmare on Elm Street (who would later appear as a character in Mortal Kombat X).

Choi is a tricky character to play. Relying on his Short Quality and his Hard to Evade and Aerial moves, he should be able to avoid a lot of attacks. His Direction Change Buff can be a good Combo ender, followed up by the use of Fighting Spirit to control the time and make the most use of it, particularly to get closer or further away from his opponent as necessary. As many of his attacks are Charge Back, spending FS on Control gives him more choices each turn.

According to Jab, Choi sucks.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

drkrash wrote:Bloody Bowel Discharge Poke: L2
Throw, Hurl, Inc Dam
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+2
Is that really the name of one of his moves?! :? :lol:
Formerly luketheduke86
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

L-Space wrote:
drkrash wrote:Bloody Bowel Discharge Poke: L2
Throw, Hurl, Inc Dam
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+2
Is that really the name of one of his moves?! :? :lol:
Yup. He rolls behind his opponent, stabs them in the kidneys, causing blood to shoot out before the fighter flies across the screen away from Choi.

But if you just heard the name and nothing else, you could come up with some really creative and disgusting alternate descriptions.
YagamiFire

Post by YagamiFire »

Very cool Choi. I'm definitely going to have to look him over a few times to get a good idea of how all his stuff works together.

I'm going to assume Jumper and Move Points are 2nd Edition updates?
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

YagamiFire wrote:Very cool Choi. I'm definitely going to have to look him over a few times to get a good idea of how all his stuff works together.

Jumper is; Move Points aren't. There is a rule in Round 2 where you can reduce the Move Point cost of a move that does no damage, down to a minimum of 1. I had extra Elements to blow, so that's how I used them.

I think the Choi I built would be challenging to actually play, but I suspect if you could nail him down (and, of course, get a little luck on some die rolls), he might be legal-but-broken in his defensive capabilities.

I have no idea if he was ever considered a high tier character in competition, but I doubt it.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I've heard tell of Choi being really hated due to his small size making hitting him a nuisance in battles. But SNK always had to include him, because he was wildly popular in his "home country" of Korea :). Like I said, fighting him near the end (as difficulty spiked the further you got, I believe) was a nightmare. It wasn't until I realized that fighting defensively was the way to do it.
YagamiFire

Post by YagamiFire »

drkrash wrote:
YagamiFire wrote:Very cool Choi. I'm definitely going to have to look him over a few times to get a good idea of how all his stuff works together.

Jumper is; Move Points aren't. There is a rule in Round 2 where you can reduce the Move Point cost of a move that does no damage, down to a minimum of 1. I had extra Elements to blow, so that's how I used them.

I think the Choi I built would be challenging to actually play, but I suspect if you could nail him down (and, of course, get a little luck on some die rolls), he might be legal-but-broken in his defensive capabilities.

I have no idea if he was ever considered a high tier character in competition, but I doubt it.
Don't doubt it. Choi is typically a BEAST in games that feature him. His mobility and combo-potential usually make him a very solid character in KOF

Oh! Move Points *slaps head* I'm sorry I totally know that. I read that and for some reason my brain thought of it as mobility instead of technique cost My bad!
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Hey now, that's cool. I didn't mean to do that, but I'm glad I made an accurate Choi then.

I think I have 2-3 more requests still in the queue...
YagamiFire

Post by YagamiFire »

Yeah interestingly enough, your Choi looks to play in FIGHT! like he does in KOF...very difficult to actually use and requiring a lot of usage of mobility...

Which is quite the kudos to the system I would say to see something reflected so accurately
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Well, if you don't mind requests, I'd rather see the Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury crews early on. And possibly the Ikari team too. Not too many KoF characters I care about outside of those.

Also, if you ever do Tung Fu Rue, please give him that "kamehameha" he has on Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and/or that "buda's palm smash" he uses in KoF XIV
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

So Ryuji is proving to be annoying odd to build...
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

What's so tough about him? I just remember that he stood out as one of the best "Guy in regular clothes" designs of the SNK characters in SNK (vs) Capcom 2 :). It was the first time I'd seen most of these characters (my last KOF game was playing one in Japan around 1998 or so, and falling in love with "that guy who eats those giant dough things"/Shingo and thinking he was awesome).