DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
drkrash

Re: DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Post by drkrash »

Wow, 4 months since anything happened here. Time to try to get back to this. Looking at requests, I see:

The rest of the American Sports Team (though they are from '94, not the Orochi Saga)
Yashiro
Art of Fighting
Fatal Fury
Ikari Warriors

I think I might hold off on Yashiro for now, only because he shows up later in the saga. How about an Art of Fighting dude?
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yes!! More Fight! stuff! And from Art of Fighting, no less :).
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

RYO SAKAZAKI
Power Level 8
Team: England, Art of Fighting
Style: Kyokugenryu Karate
Blood Type: O

Strength 1
Speed 0
Stamina 1

Life Bar 100
Fighting Spirit 143

Accuracy +1, Control +2, Damage +3, Defense +1

Qualities: Attractive, Driven
Weaknesses: Dull Personality
Quirks: Dead Serious

Combat Skills: Defense/Evasion/Tactics 5, Ki 10, Combo 8
Narrative Skills: Agility 3, Animal Handling 3, Athletics 6, Call Forth Wisdom 3, Climactic Super Move 4, Draw Ki 8, Endure Great Hardship 8, Grim Determination 7, Occupation: Dojo Owner 5, Property Damage 4, Reaffirm Purpose 7, Realize Potential 6, Sense Ki 7, The Fighting World 6, Thug Thrashing 8

Comma Design Throw: L2
Hurl, Throw (2)
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+3

Ice Pillar Split: L2
Hard to Evade, Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d10+3

Valley Drop: L2
Throw (2), Inc Dam
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+4

Flying Swallow Gale Leg: L3
Charge Back, Knocks Down (2), Mobile
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+3

Tiger Gleam Fist: L3
Ranged (2), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+3

Wild Tiger Thunder God’s Strength: L3
Inc Acc (3), Inc Dam, Must Advance 1 Range (-1)
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+4

Wild Tiger Thunder God’s Temple: L3
Aerial, Knocks Down (2), Mobile, Inc Dam, Only Hits at Range 1 (-1)
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+1

Tiger Cannon: L4
Aerial, Knocks Down (2), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+3

Sky Tiger Gleam Fist: L4
Aerial, Hard to Evade, Ranged (2), Inc Dam
Acc +1, Dam 1d10+4

Kyokugen-Style Rapid Fist Dance: L5
Knocks Down (2), Inc Dam (5), Range 0 (-1)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+4

Momentary Violent Fist: L5
Knocks Down (2), Multi-Hit (2), Inc Dam (2)
Acc+1, Dam 1d12+3

Supreme King Flying Roaring Fist: L6
Hard to Evade, Knocks Down (2), Ranged (2), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+3

Heaven and Earth Supreme Gleaming Fist: L5 Super
Increased Knockback, Invincibility (2), Unique, Inc Dam (6)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+5

Dragon/Tiger Boisterous Dance: L7 Super
Aerial, Breakthrough (4), Multi-Hit (3), Invincibility (2), Inc Dam (4)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+4

Ryo Sakazaki is one of the two heroes of Art of Fighting, an early SNK game that had a fairly interesting super move mechanic and was ridiculously difficult. I know I’ve never beaten it, and I’m not even sure if I ever made it to Mr. Big. Ryo is also an infamous copy of Capcom’s Ryu, along with Ryo’s partner Robert as a copy of Ken. The two famously were mocked by Capcom in the character of Dan Hibiki, before becoming a distinctive character in his own right.

Ryo’s appearance in King of Fighters required establishing as canon that KOF occurred in a different timeline than other SNK games, because AOF was supposed to occur 10 years earlier than Fatal Fury, but now Ryo and Terry were fighting one another as friendly rivals. Otherwise, Ryo has little part to play in the Orochi saga. He enters the tournaments to raise money for his dojos, and that’s about it.

I’m not a big fan of Ryo, as I find him even more boring than Ryu. His impressively named moves don’t display a great variety. If there are special tricks to playing him as an especially effective fighter, I don’t know them.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, Ryo just comes off as so derivative that it's embarrassing.

Looking at these statlines reminds me of how little I know about the actual moves in the games- I kinda just go off of how they look with my descriptors :). Is the "Swallow Gale Leg" that Hurricane Kick knock-off? What's the "Thunder God's Temple"?

It's funny that the "canon" for the KOF games is basically that Team AOF and Team Fatal Fury constantly lose every time. And to upstarts like Kyo's team, too!
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I'm also using English translations of the move names. Ryo's sound especially impressive, but most are kinda meh.

And yeah, Swallow Gale Leg is a Hurricane Kick. If I remember correctly, Thunder God's Temple is just a big punch.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

LEONA
Power Level 6
Team: Ikari
Style: Martial arts and Heidern-style assassination techniques
Blood Type: B

Strength 0
Speed 1 Control
Stamina 1

Life Bar 80
Fighting Spirit 89

Accuracy +2, Control +1, Damage +1, Defense +1

Qualities: Attractive, Mobility, Power: Cutting Aura
Weaknesses: Amnesia, Dangerous Job, Dark Side, Haunted
Quirks: None

Combat Skills: Defense/Evasion/Tactics 4, Ki 8, Combo 8
Narrative Skills: Acrobatics 6, Agility 5, Athletics 4, Fast Reflexes 2, Grim Determination 4, Intimidation 2, Lost in the Crowd 6, Occupation: Soldier 5, Perception 3, Power: Cutting Aura 6, Realize Potential 4, Sense Ki 2, Shadowing 5, Stealth 6, The Fighting World 3, Thug Thrashing 2

Killer Bite: L2
Sustained Hold (2), Throw (2), Reduced Accuracy (-1)
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+1

Order Buckler: L2
Hurl, Throw (2)
Acc +3, Dam 1d6+1

Baltic Launcher: L3
Charge Back, Hard to Evade, Increased Glory, Knocks Down (2), Ranged (2), Decreased Accuracy (-1), Must Move Forward 1 Range (-1), Short Range (-1)
Acc +1, Dam 1d6+1

Eye Slasher: L3
Hard to Evade, Knocks Down (2), Ranged (2), Must Move Back 1 Range (-1)
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+1

Ground Saber: L3
Charge Back, Knocks Down (2), Mobile
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+1

Moon Slasher: L3
Charge Back, Hard to Evade, Knocks Down (2), Ranged (2), Reduced Damage (-1), Short Range (-1)
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+1

X Caliber: L3
Charge Back, Hard to Evade (2), Knocks Down (2), Reduced Damage (-1)
Acc +2, Dam 1d4+1

Gravity Storm: L5 Super
Breakthrough (2), Invincibility (2), Unique, Inc Dam (5)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+2

Rebel Spark: L7 Super
Breakthrough, Increased Glory, Invincibility (2), Harry, Unique, Inc Acc (3), Inc Dam (5)
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+2

V Slasher: L8 Super
Breakthrough, Invincibility, Ranged (2), Unique, Inc Acc (3) Inc Dam (8)
Acc +3, Dam 1d12+5

(Note: Leona has had a couple appearances outside of KOF, which would normally make her Power Level 7, but there’s only a couple, and they came about only because she was in KOF, so I kept her a 6.)

Leona makes her first appearance with the Ikari team in KOF ’96. I have never played Metal Slug, so I don’t know anything about her team’s original story. She is the adopted daughter of Heidern from KOF ’94 and joins Ralf and Clark in ’96 to spy on Geese Howard. However, Goenitz reveals her Orochi heritage, which eventually leads to her violent transformations and the restoration of her memories.

I’m a sucker for ponytails, so I like that part of her design. Visually, I think she is just OK, though her moves are interesting. This version is not high damage, but she can be played pretty defensively and knocks down a lot.

She has a move called Heidern Inferno, but I was not able to execute it and the training mode didn’t list it, so I decided to skip it. It is an L3 move that she needs to be at Range 0 and in the air to do, but that’s all I know. I also built the Gliding Buster, an extra kick added to the Ground Saber, into the Ground Saber rather than as a separate move.
Last edited by drkrash on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Leona's Introverted Ice Queen persona makes her ridiculously appealing to me, but that blue/olive color scheme just does not work AT ALL. She's 100x better in different outfits. I do like her "Slash" style, though. Nice to see her here- is there any way you could describe her moves visually? I often find it easier to picture offense that way.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I've had a couple requests for move descriptions, but I'm not inspired to do so because they are a real pain in the ass to do. Aside from seeing them in action, any descriptor I'd offer would be so short as to make many of them sound the same, or so detailed that I'd never finish a single character. As much as I want to make these as useful as possible for everyone, I think I need to send you to Youtube for those.

On a different note, it's also worth nothing that my builds are deliberately simple. I look at all the moves in action, and I build them with the obvious and essential Elements they have. That often means I have extra Elements and I usually lazily put them into Increased Damage (Leona was an exception - I had to grab some random Liabilities to make some of her moves).

I have read enough high-level fighting strategy to know that a deeper level of research could add lots of fun Elements like Priority, Fast Recovery, Slow Recovery, and more to better emulate these characters. Again, that's too much work for me to do for this project. I've focused on playable versions that are fundamentally true to their arcade roots. But like any good build project, someone else could offer a much different interpretation of the characters than what I'm offering.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Sonuva...lost my Photobucket links also. Have to fix that.

And then they weirdly came back. Huh.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Huh. I definitely need to give this thread a more thorough once over. I just recently got my own copies of FIGHT because I want to take a closer look at the effects system, and seeing actual builds of characters based on it are quite intriguing.

Also, Photobucket has been giving a lot of people issues, so I'll tell you what I've told several people on here: Give Smugmug a try. It's not very expensive, and it gives you pretty much everything you could want in an image hosting site. Definitely the best of anything I've used.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Based on your recommendation in Jab's thread, I signed up for Smugmug, but I haven't re-posted any links. I should get to that. The truth is, I'm writing my ass off for Fight right now, so I haven't had time.

If you're new to the rules, hit me up with questions. I'm obviously happy to talk about it. :)
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Holy crap. Five months have gone by.

Just posting this in case anyone besides Jab was still checking this. :)

Due to my writing on 2nd edition Fight! and the possibility of a fun license for the game, I have not had time to work on these characters.

Sadly, consider this an "indefinite hiatus" for my builds. Not a lack of interest or desire; just time.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Laaaaaaaaaaaaame. I was planning on cribbing more of your work for SNK guys :). Have fun and good luck with Fight!- Round 2!
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I wish I could say I was here to post new builds...but I'm not.

I *am* shamelessly shilling for the Kickstarter for the 2nd edition of the rules. Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... ts/2490305

There's an example of play there as well as a link to the free Quickstart rules.