DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
drkrash

Re: DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Post by drkrash »

Jabroniville wrote:What's so tough about him? I just remember that he stood out as one of the best "Guy in regular clothes" designs of the SNK characters in SNK (vs) Capcom 2 :). It was the first time I'd seen most of these characters (my last KOF game was playing one in Japan around 1998 or so, and falling in love with "that guy who eats those giant dough things"/Shingo and thinking he was awesome).
He has some tricky defensive moves and he has a Super that allows a bunch of different follow-up moves, which are tricky to build.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So how are the chances for a Fight! game in the spirit of the Street Fighter anime?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Spectrum wrote:So how are the chances for a Fight! game in the spirit of the Street Fighter anime?
I do believe the game has received an anime-based supplement recently.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Spectrum wrote:So how are the chances for a Fight! game in the spirit of the Street Fighter anime?
Explain a little more what you mean...but if you're asking, "would Fight be good for doing the SF anime?", then, yeah, it was pretty much designed for that exact thing.

The system even has two related-but-different combat systems so you can choose between the tactical detail of a video game fight or the faster free-flowing approach of a shonen anime fight (using the same character sheet and the same core mechanics).

Just last year, we released a special Shonen mini-supplement that includes all sorts of variants and alternate mechanics to strip out the crunchier video game mechanics (which is the default presumption of the rules) and just play with the "shonen mechanics."

I'm obviously happy to answer questions.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Well, good to know that it can be run as a roleplaying game
BUT the question is more what are the chances of you running a game of it?
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Spectrum wrote:Well, good to know that it can be run as a roleplaying game
BUT the question is more what are the chances of you running a game of it?
Is that a request? And if it is, tell me more what you had in mind.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

It was hinting at least.

I'll work on something more substantial than 'like Streetfighter' :)
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Spectrum wrote:It was hinting at least.

I'll work on something more substantial than 'like Streetfighter' :)
Here's the thing: I've always told myself that if someone actually came to me *looking* for a Fight! game, I would do my very best to put it together and run it, because I love running the game and sharing the game.

I have two concerns:
1) I'm running a successful and long-running ACKS game over on rpgnet and I wouldn't want a new game to take away from their game, so I have to be honest in saying that it would be a somewhat slower posting pace than I ideally would like.
2) I have run many games of Fight! in pbp before, but it has to be said: the rules are totally not suited for pbp. Combat either needs to abstract the rules a bit or you just come to terms that a fight might take 2-3 weeks in real time to play through.

So if that didn't scare you off, and you have some ideas in mind you'd like to explore, and if maybe there is 1 or 2 other people interested also, we can talk about something (but if you're committed, the game works well as a solo venture also).
YagamiFire

Post by YagamiFire »

I might be interested in playing as well. It would get me more familiar with the system.

I can see how Yamazaki would be a pain. He's actually a fairly non-standard fighting game character which is one of the reasons I really like him. His design is also amazing as are his animations in most games. The crazier they made him the better he became.

Plus he's the only guy in the entire series who has the crazy willpower (literally) to have a godlike force of nothingness tell him "OBEY!" and respond with "Nope!"
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Since this is "my" thread, I figure I can pimp my own stuff here.

Fight! Unlockables: Arenas came out today.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/198 ... les-Arenas
YagamiFire

Post by YagamiFire »

Bought
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

RYUJI YAMAZAKI
Power Level 7
Team: ’97 Special
Style: Personal art of combative homocide
Blood Type: A + Orochi

Strength 0
Speed 1 Control
Stamina 1

Life Bar 90
Fighting Spirit 120

Accuracy +1, Control +3, Damage +1, Defense +1

Qualities: Influence: Street Society, Wealth 1
Weaknesses: Warped
Quirks: Brutal, Greedy, Loves Combat

Combat Skills: Defense/Evasion/Tactics 4, Combo 11
Narrative Skills: Athletics 3, Endure Great Hardship 4, Fast Reflexes 5, Grim Determination 7, Intimidation 7, Occupation: Gangster 6, Reaffirm Purpose 6, Realize Potential 5, Shadowing 4, Sleight of Hand 6, Smooth Talking 3, Spirituality 2, Stealth 6, Street Society 7, Thug Thrashing 4

Poke: L2
Hard to Evade, Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+1

Snake Trick: L2
Fake: +2 (2)
Acc N/A, Dam N/A
*Move Cost: 2

Strangle Lift: L2
Throw (2), Inc Dam
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+2

Throw: L2
Position Shift, Throw (2)
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+1

Dagger of Judgment: L4
Inc Glory, Knocks Down (2), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+1

Double Return (Absorb): L4
Absorbs Attacks, Transform Energy: Super Energy, Interrupt, Knocks Down (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d6+1

Double Return (Bullet Discharge): L4
Absorbs Attacks, Absorb and Use Ranged (2), Interrupt, Inc Dam
Acc +1, Dam 1d6+2

Sand Sprayer: L4
Harry, No Move (-1), Inc Acc (3), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+1

Snake Tamer (Upper/Middle/Lower Level): L4
Anti-Air, Hard to Evade, Reach, Slow Recovery (-1), Inc Acc (3)
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+1

Bomb Headbutt: L5
Throw (2), Inc Dam (4)
Acc +2, Dam 1d10+1

Sadism/Masochism: L5
Invincible Interrupt (2), Knocks Down (2), Limited: Not vs. Ranged (-1), Inc Acc (3)
Acc +2, Dam 1d6+1

Guillotine: L5 Super
Anti-Air, Breakthrough (2), Invincibility (3), Throw (2), Carrying Grapple, Unique
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+1

Drill: L9 Super
Breakthrough (4), Invincibility, Power Up: Control, Throw (2), Unique, Inc Acc (3), Inc Dam (6)
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+2

Ryuki Yamazaki originally appeared in Fatal Fury; his first appearance in KoF is not until ’97, and he doesn’t appear again until ’03. In the Orochi saga, he joins with Billy and Mary (who was working undercover at the time) on orders from Geese; his actual motivation in the tournament is really just the violent thrill he gets from injuring others. His deeper significance to the plot is that he is one of the characters that possesses the blood of the Orochi, though he is so twisted and violent, he seems to just work with it rather than being mastered by it.

His Special Moves are an interesting combination of attacks with reach and close up attacks. He needs to rely on high Control for most of his attacks, including his anti-Ranged absorption attacks and his massive Drill Super, capable of a potential 1d12+8 damage. He is especially effective against characters who rely on Evasion, but with Increased Accuracy on several attacks, he should be able to land consistent hits.
Last edited by drkrash on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirAston

Post by SirAston »

drkrash wrote:Here's the thing: I've always told myself that if someone actually came to me *looking* for a Fight! game, I would do my very best to put it together and run it, because I love running the game and sharing the game.

I have two concerns:
1) I'm running a successful and long-running ACKS game over on rpgnet and I wouldn't want a new game to take away from their game, so I have to be honest in saying that it would be a somewhat slower posting pace than I ideally would like.
2) I have run many games of Fight! in pbp before, but it has to be said: the rules are totally not suited for pbp. Combat either needs to abstract the rules a bit or you just come to terms that a fight might take 2-3 weeks in real time to play through.

So if that didn't scare you off, and you have some ideas in mind you'd like to explore, and if maybe there is 1 or 2 other people interested also, we can talk about something (but if you're committed, the game works well as a solo venture also).
AstonWildsteel from the Google Group here. Just saying that I would gladly join a session led by you. We can discuss that further in the Group or in a new thread here, if desired. (Just so that it's clear for now: I'm open for pretty much every setting or source inspiration. I'll tell you when I'm inexperienced in a source material, but wouldn't mind learning about it [heck, in late 2008-early 2009, I've read the entirety of Naruto up to the newest chapter within a few days just to play well in a Naruto RPG Board that seemed promising])

And to actually contribute to the topic here: While I'm not that deep into KoF, it's very nice to see several high PL-builds at one spot. Choi especially made me wonder about the mechanics behind the Jumper Quality (and how that might affect Mobility, given that Mobility's domain in 1st Edition IS aerial movement).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ooops- forgot to comment on Yamazaki before. I hate it when I look at a build at work and then forget to comment later.

Yamazaki is one of the Fatal Fury series' most excellent characters. It's funny how a design as simple as his somehow manages to look super-effective- "blond guy wearing black", yet he's bad-ass as hell. I love his casual pose, his crazy appearance (without going WAY over the top), and his one-handed fighting style.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Aaargh!!! Maintaining a build thread is hard!

I'm a professor and I have been hip-deep in piles of tremendously mediocre papers and probably will remain so for a couple more weeks.

My goal is to post 6 characters a month; I'm not going to make that for November; here's hoping to catch up in December with some time off.

Next up is King, because the thread needs women. After that, I still have a handful of requests to hit.

@Spectrum, if you're ever up for a game, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

@Friends from the Google group, thanks for finding your way here. I appreciate it.

@Jab, thanks for taking the time to comment. Sorry I've been quiet on your thread - see above. Yamazaki is an interesting character; visually he doesn't do as much for me, but he makes up for it with everything else about him. Building him taught me quite a few things I never knew about him (same for Choi, though not as much).