Arcaene's Abbey of Arcana

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Arcaene

Arcaene's Abbey of Arcana

Post by Arcaene »

Arcaene’s Abbey of Arcana
Character Builds and Conversions for Mutants & Masterminds Third Edition

I’ve been perusing some of these threads, looking at what other readers and posters have built, and I thought, “Why can’t I do some of this?”
This especially came to mind when I saw that certain characters that are favorites of mine don’t yet have a build-out.
So now, this spurred me onward.

Some of my build-outs are conversions from other books, primarily books from HERO Games. (Being an old-school Champions player from 4th edition, this should come as no surprise.) I’m using some of the previous posts and threads concerning converting from HERO as guidelines, not necessarily hard-and-fast rules. So, if I get some of the mechanics wrong, but the concept is okay, I’m happy.

As always, comments, criticisms, corrections, and praise are welcome.

All of my builds have started out as pen-and-paper concepts, then computed, verified and formatted by Hero Lab. Links to the individual entries will be provided as they are created and posted. The list will also be updated with new characters that are not currently present in the same fashion.
Last edited by Arcaene on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Dude abides, man...
Arcaene

Re: Arcaene's Arcana

Post by Arcaene »

Yep, I'm moving over here with the rest of you lot.
And I'm going to redo my builds from the ground up, not realizing that I could work with the PL as a cap on abilities, not just on points. However, I do plan to keep them reasonable, probably no more than, say 20-25% above the standard point levels for a PL.

So far, I had only two characters posted -- Jack Reacher and Jon Sable. I plan to redo them a bit, even though they received good reviews. I plan to have an index up at some point as well with my planned builds, being converted to completed (or at least submitted for approval) builds as I go. I've got quite a few planned out.

As always, comments, criticisms, corrections, and praise are welcome.
The Dude abides, man...