Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Quislet

Post by Jabroniville »

QUISLET (Unpronouncable Glyphs)
Created By:
Paul Levitz & Steve Lightle
First Appearance: The Legion of Super-Heroes #14 (Sept. 1985)
Home Planet: Teall
Origin of Powers: Stolen Flying Ship, plus Racial Abilities
Eras: Original Only
Relationships: None
Role: Forgotten Character
PL 8 (188)
STRENGTH
0/-3 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Technology) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Space Hero) 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 12 (Legion Gear, Tiny Spaceship), Power Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Energy Form Body"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 3 [3]
Insubstantial 4 (Flaws: Permanent Without Possessing Matter +0) [21]
Shrinking 12 (Feats: Innate) (Flaws: Permanent) [25]
Flight 3 (16 mph) [6]

"Possession and Destruction of Matter" 
Concealment (Visuals) 2 [4]
Shapeshift 7 (Flaws: Medium- Possessed Objects, Fades- Disintegrates Slowly) (42) -- [43]
AE: "Deliberate Corrosion" Weaken Toughness 6 (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Limited to Possessed Objects) Linked to Damage 4 (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Limited to Possessed Objects) (30)

Equipment:
"Legion Gear"
"Telepathic Ear Plug" Comprehend 3 (Languages) (6)

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
Immunity 7 (Hot, Cold, Vacuum, Pressure, Radiation, Suffocation 2) (7)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (2)
Communication 5 (Flaws: Fifth Rank is only towards Legionnaires) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (-3 Damage, DC 12)
Shapeshifted Forms +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (+12 Size, DC 22), Parry +8 (+11 Size, DC 21), Toughness +3 (+8 Possessed Forms), Fortitude --, Will +5

Complications: 
Responsibility (On the Run from Home Dimension)
Involuntary Transformation (Energy Being, if Ship is Destroyed)
Disabled (No Hands)
Vulnerable (Magnetic Attacks)

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 132 / Defenses: 10 (188)

-I keep forgetting this thing was on the original Legion, not the Reboot one.

-Quislet is perhaps the least-known and most minor Legionnaire ever (and that's saying something), being one of the few non-humanoid members. A tiny little spaceship imbued with an alien energy, Quislet was a prankster and annoyance, acting sorta like Wheelie from Transformers but less Satanic, bothering his teammates and talking about how great he was. Quislet was always referred to as "he", despite being a genderless construct.

-Quislet turns out to have stolen the spaceship and imbued it with his own life-force, and used to to travel the stars. He also helped Wildfire form a corporeal body! However, when the Emerald Empress destroyed his ship, he had to return to his homeworld of Teall, where he was captured. His ultimate fate is left unknown, but it's believed that his people were about to wipe out his personality- tantamount to execution.

-With his super-complicated powers and inhuman appearance, he was doomed to a short run. And yes, they really did the "Poochie died on the way back to his home planet" ending. Though seen as "Missing" and as a statue in Legion headquarters in the Post-Infinite Crisis era, Quislet showed up in the "New 52" era as a roving "Cameraman" for the Legion as they entered the 21st Century.

-One of the more difficult concepts to stat EVER, Quislet had the power to possess technology or other objects (the ground, etc.), animating them into some kind of shapeshifting thing (usually becoming a powerhouse) for a short time. After a time, the object would disintegrate, slowly but surely. I think Shapeshift is the best power for this, as he can basically turn into just about anything, depending on what he possessed- I don't really like the H&V version which uses Summon, as that requires a TON of weird Flaws like "uses his own stats" and stuff- Shapeshift is much more simple and reflects a more Variable ability. He gets a minor Corrosion Effect from the disintegrating nature of his possessions (they break apart as soon as he leaves the objects)- he can do this deliberately to evil robots and computers and stuff.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Legion of Substitute Heroes! Thunder! Brainiac 5!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Now, stat up Excalibur's Widget and have the two of them fight. To the death.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:56 pm Now, stat up Excalibur's Widget and have the two of them fight. To the death.
:lol:
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:56 pm Now, stat up Excalibur's Widget and have the two of them fight. To the death.
Preferably a simultaneous death.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ares wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 pm
Preferably a simultaneous death.
Dang. You beat me to tha5 line.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:13 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:03 pm Hot damn it I have to examine some things too closely.

There's always things you can ignore and the like, but Revenge of the Nerds really gets my goat (despite me still liking the movie)

Lewis and Betty is just the icing on the cake. He totally raped her while posing as someone else and is really lucky she liked it.

Yeah, the Alpha Betas were asshats and had the run of the place, and yeah their sister sorority were bitches, but I'm not sure that means "Hey let's put cameras in their sorority house and watch them naked cause hijinks! Hey should Wormser be watching this? Ah hell DELINQUENCY! And hey....let's put Betty's nude body on the bottom of those pie plates we sell at the fair! I'm sure that she'll be totally cool with that once Lewis gives her a few Os"

Those, sure, they bug me....but you know what really bugs me?

Their rampant cheating at the Greek games. Kind of unfair to all the other frats and sororities that weren't assholes to them, but the greater good right?

THE GREATER GOOD!
Ok,jack,just take a deep breath.There you go....Just remember those meditation techniques you were shown by Mr.Miagi....Woosa,woosa.....

I'd like to think the other frats were just as tired of the Alpha Betas as the nerds were,so they ignored it in favor of petty revenge.

I'M NOT SHOUTING!

ALRIGHT, I'M SHOUTING! I'M SHOUTING!

*hit in head by falling candlestick*
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:29 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:03 pm Hot damn it I have to examine some things too closely.

There's always things you can ignore and the like, but Revenge of the Nerds really gets my goat (despite me still liking the movie)

Lewis and Betty is just the icing on the cake. He totally raped her while posing as someone else and is really lucky she liked it.

Yeah, the Alpha Betas were asshats and had the run of the place, and yeah their sister sorority were bitches, but I'm not sure that means "Hey let's put cameras in their sorority house and watch them naked cause hijinks! Hey should Wormser be watching this? Ah hell DELINQUENCY! And hey....let's put Betty's nude body on the bottom of those pie plates we sell at the fair! I'm sure that she'll be totally cool with that once Lewis gives her a few Os"

Those, sure, they bug me....but you know what really bugs me?

Their rampant cheating at the Greek games. Kind of unfair to all the other frats and sororities that weren't assholes to them, but the greater good right?

THE GREATER GOOD!
LOL!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the sequels as well! :lol:

I honestly haven't seen any of them in years but I imagine it's a downward slide with each one into one big mess where you just wish Flanders was dead

edit: I remember Lewis cheated on Betty( the girl he made love him via rape) in the second one. And then in the third one, Stan, who was a villain, actually turned down Betty when she was going to give herself to Stan sexually in order to help free Lewis from jail.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:37 pm The key word in the name of the “Revenge Fantasy” genre isn’t revenge, it’s fantasy. You aren’t supposed to want to emulate Michael Douglass in Falling Down, you’re supposed to empathize and say “Yeah, man, I wish I could bring a sawn-off shotgun with me during my rush hour commute!”
just some lines I can't get across, fantasy or not. Particularly when I'm supposed to like the characters.

It's....it's like Dawn of Justice all over again.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Booster Gold's Skeets reminded me of Quislet.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:19 pm For the ‘why don’t comic book geniuses cure cancer?’ question, my personal head canon is simple: They Have. It’s just that “cancer” isn’t one disease, it’s thousands of very different, very complex, and very rapidly changing different aliments. So Doctor Genius and Mister Smarty have cured dozens of types of cancer, but whatever type of cancer the writers have decided to give Captain Hero’s father-in-law (for adding pathos in his relationship with Linda McHostage, Intrepid Reporter) just happens to be one of the forms of cancer they haven’t cured.
When my mother was going through cancer- years ago, thankfully she pulled through aok. :) That was one of the things her oncologist talked about, there are many many types of cancer. There isn't a single magic bullet answer. This might have changed over the years, but there was also a big problem of certain organizations getting all the funding. Of course, she had to be different and go for one of the less 'sexy' kinds that wasn't getting as much funding. Able to fully recover for years now *knock on wood*.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:37 pm The key word in the name of the “Revenge Fantasy” genre isn’t revenge, it’s fantasy. You aren’t supposed to want to emulate Michael Douglass in Falling Down, you’re supposed to empathize and say “Yeah, man, I wish I could bring a sawn-off shotgun with me during my rush hour commute!”
I had a character on the boards shortly.. very shortly.. based on that character. Unfortunately, I was a jerkass and played the character to type and completely derailed things.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

M4C8 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:15 pm Just once, I want to see a man with prehensile hair. He can beat people up with his hipster beard.
Oh God, now I'm picturing some 'Guido' mobster with prehensile chest hair.
Ahh, I'll have to try to play Barry the Bro-Barian again somewhere. He had absurd levels of muscle control- including grappling with his pecs. Ah, that was a fun character.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sorry for the massive multiposting...

On the CutLex Luthor a Check topic, sounds like a massive recipe for continuity lockout. Each small advance adding up more and more, snowballing out of control until nothing resembled the real world. It would be a nightmare to keep consistent across multiple writers, the editorial control would be dictatorial and readers would get even more lost.

On the other hand, a number of RPGs have done that sort of thing really well. Two that stand out for me are Aberrant and Godlike/Wild Talents.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

I never played anything with the tabletop Champions, but at least the MMO mentions things like power armor technology having contributed to advances in prosthetics, and I think it mentioned something about various diseases being cured, too.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Spectrum wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:27 pm When my mother was going through cancer- years ago, thankfully she pulled through aok. :) That was one of the things her oncologist talked about, there are many many types of cancer. There isn't a single magic bullet answer. This might have changed over the years, but there was also a big problem of certain organizations getting all the funding. Of course, she had to be different and go for one of the less 'sexy' kinds that wasn't getting as much funding. Able to fully recover for years now *knock on wood*.
Numbers vary a bit from year to year, but as a general trend, prostate, colon, and testicular cancers kill just as many men (or more) as breast cancer kills women. According to the American Cancer Society in 2017 about 54,000 men died from prostate or colon cancer. About 41,000 women died from breast cancer...

Now, don't get me wrong. Breast cancer is a devastating illness and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I've had aunts, great-aunts, and family friends who have all battled breast cancer. But, well, groups like Susan G. Koman for the Cure are pulled in $118,392,709 in 2015. But groups like the Testicular Cancer Society operate with less than $50,000 per year. No I did not leave off any zeroes. $120 million compared to $50 grand... and that's comparing two of the biggest "awareness" groups for each.

Breast cancer also attracts oodles of federal funding, corporate donations, and all sorts of "awareness" activity: Google Doodles, Fun Runs, 5Ks, and every October damn near every product on every shelf of every store gets replaced with a pink version to "raise awareness."

Look, I like boobs. I like my boobs, I liked the boobs of all my ex-girlfriends, I like to look at boobs of pretty women in movies or on billboards.But for every "Save the Ta-Tas" t-shirt that is sold to give a dollar to Koman for the Cure, prostate and testicular cancer charities are getting less than a penny. Thus, with all due respect to the boobs of the world, I donate my money and my limited time to help with prostate and testicular cancers.

Check out my favorite charity: kiltedtokickcancer.org!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.