Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
greycrusader

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mothra! Minilla! Anguirus! King Kong!)

Post by greycrusader »

:D I SO remember those same sorts of Saturdays!
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

kreuzritter wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 am
MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:17 am The only reason Megalon was unpopular,IMHO, was due to the whole Jet Jaguar thing(of which i concure,i personally hate that Robot).
HERESY!
He jock it made of steel.
Eat sushi from a pail...

Jet Jaguar? JET JAGUAR!
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Shock wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 am Godzilla vs Megalon was one of my favorites when I was young. Megalon and Gigan had cool things on their heads and weapons for arms and there was a robot that could grow really big. Plus they used a lot of funny wrestling moves. A perfect monster movie for me to watch on Saturday morning.
yeah, that one's so bad that it goes right around to being awesome. It honestly ranks up there as one of my favorite monster brawls from any era.

Alot of these movies have a special place in my heart, this one included, because one of my late uncles used to tape these for me. He did it without even asking and would always give them to me because he knew how into Godzilla I was. And he'd tape other things like Planet of Dinosaurs, which I likewise still love, and then Day of the Animals though I had my mom take that one back to him because to my six year old self it was too scary. Giant monsters were one thing and I could generally separate fantasy from reality with those, but watching dogs attack someone or birds causing someone to fall off a cliffside was a bit too real for me at the time.

then years later I found out a shirtless Leslie Nielsen fights a bear in that movie so reality wasn't a strong suit of that movie.

Leslie Nielsen: The ORIGINAL Shirtless Bear Fighter
Jabroniville

Gigan

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

Quote: "*ccchhhkk! cchhhkk!! CHHREEEEWWRRRR!!! CHHHREEEEWRRRR!!!!"

GIGAN (Gaigan- Showa Era)
Created By:
Jun Fukuda
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. Gigan" (1972)
Role: Evil Monster, Cyborg Space Chicken
Size: 65 meters (214 feet)
PL 15 (188)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 11 (+9, +18 Size)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Hooks) 2, Fast Grab, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 19 (Str & Sta +19, +19 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -19 Stealth) -- (210 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [39]
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 29) [34]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Space Creature"
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [9]

"Buzzsaw Chest" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical 4) (Extras: Multiattack 24, Penetrating 16) (Inaccurate -1) (46) -- [48]
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
  • AE: "Hook Hands" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Penetrating 15) (15)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Buzzsaw Chest +7 (+23 Damage, DC 38)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +21 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Gigan cannot speak, nor use his hooks to easily manipulate objects.
Enemy (Godzilla)
Reputation (Coward)- Unlike most Godzilla foes, Gigan will quickly turn and flee if the battle doesn't go his way.

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 149 / Defenses: 30 (188)

-Aaawwwww YEAH, Cybernetic Space Chicken of Death to the rescue! Gigan is a monstrous, lethal foe of Godzilla (making him BLEED more than once), flying down to kick ass and be vicious, but he usually runs once things get too hairy. I just love Gigan's bizarre appearance- a green body, golden scales, fin-like wings, a metal beak, Cyclops visor and big ol' hook hands and feet make for one strange-looking Kaiju. Such is my love for Gigan's appearance that I sometimes use him as a personal avatar, just in humanoid form. Plus, I've discovered that every movie poster in the world would look more awesome with Gigan replacing one of the major characters.

-Gigan is PL 15, matching Showa Godzilla in most respects. He lacks a Blast, but is lethal in-close, possessing a crazy-ass Buzzsaw Attack that uses a Penetrating Multiattack with four ranks of Improved Critical- he made Godzilla bleed, and nearly slew both he & Anguirus, and only barely tends to lose (at which point he flees). It seems cowardly, but considering Godzilla's death count, it's probably not a half-bad idea to bail when things start going bad.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:52 am
Shock wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 am Godzilla vs Megalon was one of my favorites when I was young. Megalon and Gigan had cool things on their heads and weapons for arms and there was a robot that could grow really big. Plus they used a lot of funny wrestling moves. A perfect monster movie for me to watch on Saturday morning.
yeah, that one's so bad that it goes right around to being awesome. It honestly ranks up there as one of my favorite monster brawls from any era.

Alot of these movies have a special place in my heart, this one included, because one of my late uncles used to tape these for me. He did it without even asking and would always give them to me because he knew how into Godzilla I was. And he'd tape other things like Planet of Dinosaurs, which I likewise still love, and then Day of the Animals though I had my mom take that one back to him because to my six year old self it was too scary. Giant monsters were one thing and I could generally separate fantasy from reality with those, but watching dogs attack someone or birds causing someone to fall off a cliffside was a bit too real for me at the time.

then years later I found out a shirtless Leslie Nielsen fights a bear in that movie so reality wasn't a strong suit of that movie.

Leslie Nielsen: The ORIGINAL Shirtless Bear Fighter
You want to know something truly scary to child me growing up? The movie Frogs and Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds.No giant monsters...no alien invasions...just Nature trying to kill you for being human...

Also,in my headcannon, Leslie Nielsen retired from Bear Fighting to something "less stressful'...Police Squad! :lol:
MacynSnow

Re: Gigan

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:09 am Image
ImageImageImage

Quote: "*ccchhhkk! cchhhkk!! CHHREEEEWWRRRR!!! CHHHREEEEWRRRR!!!!"

GIGAN (Gaigan- Showa Era)
Created By:
Jun Fukuda
Size: 65 meters (214 feet)
PL 15 (188)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0

Skills: 

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Hooks) 2, Fast Grab, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 19 (Str & Sta +19, +19 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -19 Stealth) -- (210 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [39]

Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Space Creature"

"Buzzsaw Chest" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical 4) (Extras: Multiattack 24, Penetrating 16) (Inaccurate -1) (46) -- [48]
  • AE: "Hook Hands" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Penetrating 15) (15)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Initiative -3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +21 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Gigan cannot speak, nor use his hooks to easily manipulate objects.
Enemy (Godzilla)
Reputation (Coward)- Unlike most Godzilla foes, Gigan will quickly turn and flee if the battle doesn't go his way.

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 149 / Defenses: 30 (188)

-Aaawwwww YEAH, Cybernetic Space Chicken of Death to the rescue! Gigan is a monstrous, lethal foe of Godzilla (making him BLEED more than once), flying down to kick ass and be vicious, but he usually runs once things get too hairy. I just love Gigan's bizarre appearance- a green body, golden scales, fin-like wings, a metal beak, Cyclops visor and big ol' hook hands and feet make for one strange-looking Kaiju. Such is my love for Gigan's appearance that I sometimes use him as a personal avatar, just in humanoid form. Plus, I've discovered that every movie poster in the world would look more awesome with Gigan replacing one of the major characters.

-Gigan is PL 15, matching Showa Godzilla in most respects. He lacks a Blast, but is lethal in-close, possessing a crazy-ass Buzzsaw Attack that uses a Penetrating Multiattack with four ranks of Improved Critical- he made Godzilla bleed, and nearly slew both he & Anguirus, and only barely tends to lose (at which point he flees). It seems cowardly, but considering Godzilla's death count, it's probably not a half-bad idea to bail when things start going bad.
The wierdest combination of ideas ever....but looks AWE-INSPIRING when put together.Besides King Ghidorah,he's come the closest to killing Big G multiple times and only runs when G get's his second wind up...
Jabroniville

Gigan (FW)

Post by Jabroniville »

GIGAN (Gaigan- Millennium Era)
Created By:
Jun Fukuda
Size: 120 meters (360 feet)
PL 16 (217)
STRENGTH
24 STAMINA 20 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0

Skills: 
Ranged Combat (Eye Laser) 8 (+8)

Advantages: 

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 23 (Str & Sta +23, +23 Mass, +11 Intimidation, -11 Dodge/Parry, +5 Speed) -- (336 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [47]

"Space Creature"

"Eye Laser" Blast 22 (Feats: Range 4) (Extras: Penetrating 15) (63) -- [64]
AE: "Buzzsaw Chest" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical 4) (Extras: Multiattack 24, Penetrating 16) (Inaccurate -1) (46)
  • AE: "Chainsaw Hands" Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating 15, Multiattack 20) (36)
  • AE: "Flying Buzzsaws" Blast 22 (Feats: Ranged 4, Split, Homing) (50)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+23 Damage, DC 38)
Eye Laser/Buzzsaws +8 (+22 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Initiative -3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +25 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude +20, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (Godzilla)

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 171 / Defenses: 33 (217)

-The Final Wars movie features a bunch of new variants of Gigan, with an Eye Laser, Flying Buzzsaws, and his hooks replaced with FRIGGING CHAINSAWS. Alas, this boost in power means little, as Godzilla wipes him out easily in their first encounter, and he's decapitated in a subsequent battle with Mothra, where he's decapitated with his own Flying Buzzsaws attack.
Davies

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mothra! Minilla! Anguirus! King Kong! Gigan!)

Post by Davies »

Good lord, and here I thought the original was Image-before-Image.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Varan

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "rraakk... rrraaakkk... rowrrrrrrr!"

VARAN (Showa Era)
Created By:
Ken Kuronuma
First Appearance: "Varan the Unbelievable" (1958)
Role: Forgotten Monster
Size: 50 meters (168 feet)
PL 14 (158)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 13 (+20 Size)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 27) [31]

Immunity 4 (Drowning, Cold, Heat, Pressure) [4]
Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged, Gliding) [3]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Giant-Size Smash" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) [42]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Giant Smash +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +20 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

Complications: 
Disabled (Kaiju)- Varan cannot speak to human, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.
Vulnerable (Anti-Salinity)- Varan enjoys saltwater, but is easily driven off by a special anti-salinity compound in the waters.

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 120 / Defenses: 28 (158)

-Varan actually had his OWN movie in 1958, but it wasn't a major smash (in fact, Wikipedia describes it as "one of the least successful Toho films of all time"), and so he got relegated to supporting roles thereafter, showing up to threaten Ghidorah (he didn't actually fight in Destroy All Monsters; his suit was far too damaged for more than just a stationary shot) and not much else.

-He's kind of odd-looking for a Kaiju, being rather thin and possessing membraneous wings that allow him go glide. Never mind that he weighs THOUSANDS OF TONS, so this makes even less sense than flying via wing-beats, but we crossed the line of realism ages ago with these guys. Varan was apparently part of an ancient species called "Varanopodes", and survived into modern times by sleeping at the bottom of a lake in Japan. He was awakened by scientists and went on the rampage, being stopped after the Japan Special Defense Force tricked him into eating a pair of explosives- he sank beneath the waves, and a mushroom cloud of water indicated his demise.

-Varan is a typical PL 14 Kaiju otherwise, but a bit weaker (PL 13.5 offensively, PL 13 defensively) than a few of the others.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm What about Mighty Joe Young? Will he get a profile?
I built one for Roll Call, but I can re-post it to here.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh my God!! You guys!! Tokyo DisneySea is adding an extra port! A FROZEN-THEMED PORT!!!

Okay, so a "Fantasy" port which has Frozen, Peter Pan and some other stuff. But still... more Frozen!!!

https://www.facebook.com/tdr.jp/?hc_ref ... tion=group

It must amaze Japanophiles/Weebs to go over to Japan and see that Disney is MUCH more popular over there than any anime. I mean, they have a big store/area devoted just to One Piece, but it seriously doesn't even compare to seeing Disney in EVERYTHING.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 am

HERESY!
Eat sushi from a pail...

Jet Jaguar? JET JAGUAR!
He mother never really love him...
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

kreuzritter wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 am

Eat sushi from a pail...

Jet Jaguar? JET JAGUAR!
He mother never really love him...
Man, this kid stinks. I want to smash his head against a rock.

Rock Rock Rock.

Knock Knock Knock.

Who's there?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

well, with Ares flubbing his line, here's the SoL translation of the Jet Jaguar Fight Song
Jabroniville

Meganulon

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGANULON (Showa Era)
Created By:
Tomoyuki Tamada
First Appearance: "Rodan" (1956)
Role: Evil Grubs
Size: 2 meters (6.5 feet)
PL 6 (46)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Intimidation 9 (+6)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2

Powers:
"Bug Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
"Carapace" Impervious Toughness 7 [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +1

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 5 (46)

-The Meganulon are those grub things that show up in the beginning of Rodan- they come from underground and kill a woman's husband, but a group that goes down to deal with the creatures ends up discovering RODAN instead- a giant Pterodactyl that takes these creatures (mostly larger than a man) and EATS THEM like a bird would a worm! That these creatures are immune to machine-gun fire, but can be casually consumed by Rodan, effectively set the "scale" of the threat in this picture.

-Meganulon are large for grubs, and pretty well bulletproof, but nothing before the PL 14 Rodan. In Godzilla (vs) Megaguirus, they morph into flying Dragonfly-like creatures that can sap Godzilla's energy.