Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Voltron64

Re: Jab's Builds! (Fighter's History! Mizoguchi! Zazie! Karnov!)

Post by Voltron64 »

Ares wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:09 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:07 pm But, well, then Tumblr got ahold of the terminology and had to ruin it for everyone.
This is social media’s main purpose, I believe. Ruining things for everyone.
Fixed it for you. :mrgreen:
bsdigitalq

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mothra! Minilla! Anguirus! King Kong!)

Post by bsdigitalq »

I thought Skull Island learned from a lot of the mistakes of the previous modernized Kong films. It's much quicker about its pace and what's going on, with lots of cool monsters and encounters/battles.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

bsdigitalq wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:03 pm I thought Skull Island learned from a lot of the mistakes of the previous modernized Kong films. It's much quicker about its pace and what's going on, with lots of cool monsters and encounters/battles.
I agree with you on all counts,as it also set-up a much wider universe to play in(them adding Cranston's 2014 Godzilla to the Cannon was a brilliant stroke of genius)...
L-Space

Re: King Kong (Toho)

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:04 am -The Monster-themed books at my old school, plus general wisdom at the time, was that both Japan and the U.S. each got a different ending- the Japanese one featuring a victorious Godzilla, while the American version saw Kong as the winner. This is actually one of those mistruths that was told repeatedly- there was no difference in ending at all. Kong was always the winner.
Heh, I always find it crazy how rumors like that get spread around. I remember hearing the same thing when I was in school and actually heard someone bring it up somewhat recently too. :roll:

I was thoroughly entertained by Skull Island, it much better than the previous Kong remakes
Formerly luketheduke86
Shock

Re: King Kong (Toho)

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:04 am
-The famous King Kong (vs) Godzilla is one of cinema's first big Studio Crossover Movies, as RKO Pictures gave the Kong rights to Toho, who made a "Rubber Suit" movie out of it. Now featuring a much larger Kong (he'd be less than half Godzilla's height otherwise), it paints him as a sympathetic figure again, and features him repeatedly struggling against the mighty Godzilla, only to be empowered by a Deus Ex Machina lightning bolt that gives him energy powers and temporarily heals him- this allows Kong to come out of the resulting crater the victor, and he swims back to his home island.
I remember being pretty pissed as a kid when King Kong beat Godzilla.
Jabroniville

Gorosaurus

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "CHREEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRRRHHHHHHH!!!!"

GOROSAURUS (Gorozaurusu- Showa Era)
Created By:
Takeshi Kimura
First Appearance: "King Kong's Counterattack!" (1967)
Role: Giant Allosaurus, Kangaroo-Kicker, Forgotten Character
Size: 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 14 (191), PL 15 (191) Area Attacks
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 11 (+9, +18 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Toughness +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 27) [31]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Burrowing 5 [5]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45) -- [46]
  • AE: "Kangaroo Kick" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical 3) (Extras: Penetrating 20) (Inaccurate -1) (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Kangaroo Kick +5 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +20 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Gorosaurus cannot speak, nor use his paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 124 / Defenses: 31 (191)

-Gorosaurus was a disposable nemesis for the Toho King Kong series (getting his jaw snapped just like the T-Rex in the famous scene in the 1933 original), but got resurrected for the big fight against Ghidorah, since the Baragon costume they were going to use was too badly damaged (they barely bothered to alter the script- the skinny-armed Carnosaur somehow burrows beneath and destroys the Arc de Triomphe!). Gorosaurus is awfully generic and one-note for a Toho Kaiju, but that's kind of his charm- he's a big, floppy-armed T-Rex who bites things and does a big goofy kangaroo kick. Despite this, he had a pretty solid showing against King Ghidorah (knocking him down TWICE!) despite sitting on the sidelines for most of the scrap, but wasn't around for later films. He didn't even get a token appearance in Final Wars!

-Gorosaurus is a standard PL 14 Kaiju, with the +15 Area Attacks. He's more dependent on his less-accurate special attack than other Kaiju are, but is still pretty nasty in a fight. His grappling capabilities are quite advanced, even for a 160-something foot monster, and that kick does EXTREME damage. In the King Kong film, he's 15 meters shorter, probably dropping a PL or two.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Nice work on the Kong builds, jab. and With MK and Gorosaurus

The original King Kong is indeed pretty good....but I think the 70s version is unfairly maligned. It's honestly my favorite Kong movie.....and that includes the original, Escapes, and Skull Island. 05's is good as well, but alot of the luster has been lost from it in the last 13 years.

Now if you really want to call out a King Kong movie as being shitty, let's talk King Kong Lives.....something I LOVED as a kid, but as I got older I realized "Wow....that's BAD". Only in that movie can the world's leading authority on Kong's species as well as being a celebrated biologist not realize that the female Kong is pregnant....despite looking obviously pregnant. This is why Linda Hamilton never really got bigger than she did. This movie.

Also, pretty standard thing I always say.....if you're going to watch King Kong vs Godzilla please try and find the Japanese version. More story, more character development, better music, and no effin' Eric Carter and Dr. Arnold Johnson.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Heh, the only Kong movie I saw as a kid was King Kong Lives, but it was only on TV, and I think I had to leave before it ended, so I have no idea how it ended. I remember a female Kong chasing the guy through the woods, and another Kong getting hurt by hitting a boulder in a river.

And now I'm reminded of how the Universal Studios ride had to change because the original animatronic Kong burned down with the show building :(. Now it's just some boring CGI fight in a tunnel.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 pm Heh, the only Kong movie I saw as a kid was King Kong Lives, but it was only on TV, and I think I had to leave before it ended, so I have no idea how it ended. I remember a female Kong chasing the guy through the woods, and another Kong getting hurt by hitting a boulder in a river.

And now I'm reminded of how the Universal Studios ride had to change because the original animatronic Kong burned down with the show building :(. Now it's just some boring CGI fight in a tunnel.
Kong fought the army off as Lady Kong went into labor. Shortly after winning, his artificial heart gave out just as Lady Kong gave birth to a grown man in an ape suit.

Kong dies, but Lady Kong and his son are sent to Borneo, where it appears the little guy will grow up to be like poppa, beating his chest at the end.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

What about Mighty Joe Young? Will he get a profile?
Jabroniville

Megalon

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "skEEEEERR!!! KREEEEEEKKKKHHH!!! KREEEEECCCCHH!!!"

MEGALON (Megalon- Showa Era)
Created By:
Jun Fukuda
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. Megalon" (1973)
Role: Burrowing Monster
Size: 55 meters (180 feet)
PL 15 (192)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 11 (+9, +18 Size)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 27) [32]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

Burrowing 11 (120 mph) (11) -- [12]
  • AE: Flight 7 (250 mph) (Flaws: Limited to A Few Rounds) (7)
"Nose Horn- Electrical Blast" Blast 22 (Feats: Extended Range 4) (Extras: Penetrating 16) (64) -- [67]
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
  • AE: "Drill Arms" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical 3) (Extras: Penetrating 16) (Inaccurate -1) (21)
  • AE: "Napalm Blob" Blast 20 (Feats: Ext. Range 4, Triggered- Time) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst 15 +2) (65)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Drill Arms +6 (+21 Damage, DC 36)
Electrical Blast +6 (+23 Ranged Damage, DC 37)
Napalm Blob +6 (+20 Ranged Damage, DC 35)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +21 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Kaiju)- Megalon cannot speak, nor use his drills to easily manipulate objects.
Responsibility (The Seatopians)- Megalon is the God of Seatopia, who wish to destroy the surface world for polluting their home.
Responsibility (Dull-Witted)- Megalon is easily-led, and easily-confused. He typically needs assistance in battles, lest he lose focus.

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 153 / Defenses: 28 (192)

-Megalon is the minion of the Seatopians, and brawled with Jet Jaguar & Godzilla for a while as the key villain of his own movie. He is sent to destroy Earth by the Seatopians, but once Jet Jaguar turns on him, they need to bring Gigan out to help him- Gigan eventually abandons him, and he flees back to Seatopia, defeated. He proved rather unpopular, and thus we never saw more of him.

-Megalon had big drills for arms and an electro-horn, but ended up looking kind of bland overall. Not a big Megalon fan, really. He's a fairly standard Burrowing Kaiju (we've seen a few of those so far), packing a PL 14.5 Blast and PL 15 Area Effects, but the rest of him's PL 14 territory, a notch below Godzilla. He also has a Napalm Blob that will hit a target, and then explode later.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

The only reason Megalon was unpopular,IMHO, was due to the whole Jet Jaguar thing(of which i concure,i personally hate that Robot).
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:17 am The only reason Megalon was unpopular,IMHO, was due to the whole Jet Jaguar thing(of which i concure,i personally hate that Robot).
HERESY!
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 am
MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:17 am The only reason Megalon was unpopular,IMHO, was due to the whole Jet Jaguar thing(of which i concure,i personally hate that Robot).
HERESY!
He jock it made of steel.
Eat sushi from a pail...
Shock

Post by Shock »

Godzilla vs Megalon was one of my favorites when I was young. Megalon and Gigan had cool things on their heads and weapons for arms and there was a robot that could grow really big. Plus they used a lot of funny wrestling moves. A perfect monster movie for me to watch on Saturday morning.