Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
proditor

Re: Jab's Builds! (Genis-Vell! Phalanx! Wolverine!)

Post by proditor »

I have an absolute love/hate relationship with Wolverine. Back in the early 80's, I'd quit reading comics to become interested in manly pursuits like debate club. So while off at debate camp in Maine (I shit out not) I was bored to tears because I was a kid from New York, and this was Maine in the summer of 1983, and there was nothing to do. So we'd hike 3 miles into "town" which was a seven-eleven and a gas station, and we'd buy magazines to read.

Well, I saw the cover of X-Men 172 on the shelves and remembered "Hey, I used to read comics, I read that one about the guy with the bucket on his head (Nova) so these should at least be mildly entertaining." Over the rest of the summer, I read the nest two issues as they came out, and I was completely hooked. The fight between Wolverine and Silver Samurai was awesome. He did better in that encounter than I think he's ever done since, and the whole thing felt like a lucky pyrrhic victory on the heroes part.

I agree with Ares that SS is criminally underused and could be much cooler. It seems like Marvel has decided he doesn't get a turn at the rehab and push circle and is doomed to be either dead, or someone else's punching bag. Like Jab said, he also goes into the fight with everyone pretty sure about the outcome. That's also pretty annoying, as is the "This energy field cuts through anything!!! Oh, except hairy Mary Sue's skeleton and back scratchers, those are too sooooper-special."

Jab, I like the write-up, I'm pretty sure I copied the heck out of yours when I dropped a variant of SS into my Zombie apocalypse supers game.

Oh, and as I sit here in my "Monster Island" t-shirt, I am eagerly awaiting the coming Kaiju. :D
Jabroniville

Silver Samurai (Shingen)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE SILVER SAMURAI II (Shingen "Shin" Harada)
Created By:
Jason Aaron & Adam Kubert
First Appearance: Wolverine #300 (March 2012)
Role: Suddenly-Introduced Son, Legacy Character
Country of Origin: Japan
Group Affiliations: The Hellfire Academy
PL 8 (108)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 3 (+6)
Close Combat (Katana) 2 (+10)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Katana), Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Samurai Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [26]
Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)
Protection 4 (4)
"Energy Cannon" Blast 8 (16)
-- (32 points)

Equipment:
"Twin Katana" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Katana +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Energy Cannon +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- I guess. He's a criminal and a mercenary.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 9 (108)

-Because WHY NOT, here's Shingen "Shin" Harada, Sammy's Suddenly Introduced Son. There are about 9 million guys just like this in comics, and each one is pretty nonsensical (you don't think he'd EVER MENTION having a son before?). He uses gadgets and equipment to fight, but doesn't seem like he's any good. He was seen committing crimes with Wolverine's adopted daughter Amiko once, then helping out Kade Killgore's Hellfire Academy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Are you sure that’s not a Rifts: Japan character? :lol:
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:51 pm Are you sure that’s not a Rifts: Japan character? :lol:
Nah, I found all his rules in one place, so it can't be.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I've liked Silver Samurai ever since I saw him in Capcom's X-Men fighting game, even though he's such a jobber - Though given how I love jobbers, maybe that's not a bad thing! But yeah, it sounds bad that they can never get his backstory consistent. I also remember seeing him in some New Avengers comic, the ones that also featured Echo's debut. (which is where I found out about her from)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:35 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:25 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:08 pm Got a link for that guy's stuff BG?
Nah, I met this guy way back in the early Nineties. He was totally old, like thirty something(!), and hung out at the local hobby shop buying models and arguing with the other customers about the obvious superiority of Space: 1989 over TNG.
Well that's just silly....everyone knows the moon was blown away from earth in 1999. It's just hard science.
{fft LOL he believes in the moon :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Ebon Samurai

Post by Jabroniville »

THE EBON SAMURAI (Kioshi Keishicho)
Created By:
Scott Lobdell & Clayton Henry
First Appearance: Alpha Flight #9 (2005)
Role: Dark Mirror Image Character (to Silver Samurai)
Country of Origin: Japan
Group Affiliations: The Big Hero 6
PL 8 (90)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Athletics 3 (+6)
Expertise (Police Officer) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Magical Lore) 3 (+4)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Perception 4 (+5)

Advantages: 
Equipment 2 (Wakizashi Sword +2, Shurikens, Armor), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Demon-Infested Katana" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [9]
Strength-Damage +5 (Feats: Improved Critical 2) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (15 points)

Features 1: Attacks Count as Unholy [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Katana +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Shuriken +8 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+6 Armor), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Demonic Influence)- The demon inside Kioshi's sword is constantly reminding him of his debt to Amatsu-Mikaboshi. It constantly attempts to corrupt his soul, and he is prone to berserker rages.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 6 (90)

-Kioshi Keishicho was slain while defending The Emperor of Japan from The Silver Samurai, and convinced by Amatsu-Mikaboshi, The God of Evil, to try and gain vengeanace. But the baddie tricked him, and left Kioshi trapped in a nasty suit of armor as the dark version of Sammy- The Ebon Samurai. Since Sammy was ALREADY dead by this point, poor Ebon Samurai was stuck as a revenant- he joined Sammy's old group The Big Hero 6 for lack of anything else to do. He eventually fled to Sunpyre's home planet of Coronar to help her liberate it, and was never seen again.

-As a guy with a limited role in the books, Ebon Samurai doesn't really pile on the stats- even his status as a "Revenant" brings into question whether or not he'd gain the full set of Immunities- he's really more Demon than Undead.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

catsi563 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:37 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:35 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:25 pm

Nah, I met this guy way back in the early Nineties. He was totally old, like thirty something(!), and hung out at the local hobby shop buying models and arguing with the other customers about the obvious superiority of Space: 1989 over TNG.
Well that's just silly....everyone knows the moon was blown away from earth in 1999. It's just hard science.
{fft LOL he believes in the moon :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Weekly World News taught me it was an alien spaceship made out of gold that was turning to blood that had giant snakes on it so scientists wanted to blow it up
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

nah that's just the cover story its really a giant searchlight mixed with a hologram to convince people theres actually a vertical angle to things. its horizontal discrimination I tell you. *shake fist*
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

...PAINT MY CHICKEN COOP!
Jabroniville

Shingen

Post by Jabroniville »

LORD SHINGEN YASHIDA
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Frank Miller
First Appearance: Wolverine #1 (Sept. 1982)
Role: Crime Boss, Evil Daddy (to Mariko)
Group Affiliations: The Yakuza
PL 9 (123)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills: 
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 7 (+22)
Expertise (Criminal) 8 (+12)
Insight 4 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 3 (+8)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Diehard, Equipment 2 (Sword +3), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Sword) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown 2

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sword +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +12

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (Wolverine)

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (123)

-Because of course Wolverine's lady-love, Mariko, was the daughter of a Yakuza crime boss. Lord Shingen was the Obayun of a Yakuza family, having taken his once-noble family down a criminal road. He had two children- Mariko, and the illegitimate Keniuchio, who became the Silver Samurai. He made an alliance with a rival crime-boss, solidified by marrying Mariko off to him, and he then brutally beat Logan in a duel after drugging the mutant. He even cruelly made it look like Wolverine was cheating (Shingen was striking nerve-endings secretly, such was his skill with the martial arts; Wolverine had to defend himself or die), so that Mariko would reject him as dishonorable.

-Wolverine, when he learned the truth about the drugging, had an epiphany about human life, and destroyed Shingen's criminal empire, ending with the Obayun's death. Mariko then devoted her life to undoing the harm Shingen had caused, and turning the family legitimate. Shingen was resurrected many, MANY years later by The Hand, and he apparently survived and hasn't been seen since. That seems like a really unnecessary resurrection, though to be fair, that IS something they introduced to The Hand years ago... and it's been a weird mix of "God, why did they bring THAT character back?" and "well Doctor Octopus shouldn't have been killed in the first place, so...".

-Lord Shingen is apparently one of the finest swordfighters alive, and can easily hold his own with Wolverine, despite being old enough to have an adult daughter. He's also a brilliant criminal.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

wasn't he the guy that fought Wolverine and Logan's skeleton stopped him from being beheaded and allowed him the killing strike?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

yeah thats what happened in their rematch.

Shingen who was beaten by Wolvie honorably, attacked Logan from behind dishonorably slashing him with a stroke that should have cut him in half. But Logan skeleton stopped the strike beyond just a deep cut, while he popped his claws which impaled shingen.

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:12 am wasn't he the guy that fought Wolverine and Logan's skeleton stopped him from being beheaded and allowed him the killing strike?
Actually yeah.In fact,that was used to point out how dis-honorable Logan was because earlier they'd agreed to a duel to the Death....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HJ: oh yeah, I meant the Gargantuas. Wasn't there a kaiju Frankenstein, too?