Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Genji

Post by Jabroniville »

GENJI (Genji Shimada)
Role:
That Guy In Every Game Ever, Cyborg Ninja
Fetish Targets: The Thing Every Nerdy Male Wanted To Be When He Was Sixteen
Group Affiliations: Overwatch
PL 10 (181)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 8
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 13 (+16)
Expertise (Ninja) 10 (+13)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 7 (+11)
Persuasion 1 (+3)
Stealth 6 (+12)
Technology 5 (+8)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Equipment 3 (Katana & Wakizashi, Shuriken), Evasion, Improved Critical (Sword) 2, Improved Defenses, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Cyber-Agility"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling) [4]

"Dragonblade" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) [2]

Deflect 12 (Extras: Reflect) Linked to Enhanced Parry 4 (28) -- [29]
  • AE: "Swift Strike" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable +8) (Flaws: Limited to Distance Travelled, Source- Sword) Linked to Speed 2 (8 mph) (4)
Equipment:
"Shurikens" Blast 4 (Extras: Multiattack) (12)
"Katana & Wakizashi" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Crictical, Split) (Extras: Penetrating 4) (9)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Katana +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Dragonblade +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Dragonblade w/ Katana +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Swift Strike +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Swift Strike w/ Dragonblade +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Shuriken +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- All ammunition has the potential to run out, and must be recharged.
Responsibility (His Sword)- Like all "Sword Guys", Genji is honor-bound to be totally in lust with his own weapon, which has a friggin' name (Ryuichi moji), and he refuses to let anyone else examine or repair it. I bet he goes on about how sharp his sword is.
Responsibility (Once A Man)- Genji, like a lot of cyborgs, gets all "oh woe is me and my lack of humanity" about it, but has finally made peace with his cyborg nature.
Power Loss (Deflect)- The "Deflect" power has no effect against Winston's Tesla Cannon, Lúcio's Sound Wave, Symmetra's Photon Projector, Zarya's Particle Cannon, and Mei's Endothermic Blaster.
Relationship (Hanzo)- The two brothers split apart many years ago, with Hanzo believing that he'd killed Genji. Genji has spent years dwelling on this, and has finally forgiven his brother.

Total: Abilities: 84 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 37 / Defenses: 17 (181)

-Easily the most "Generic Video Game Character"-y character in Overwatch is Genji, who is a Cyborg Ninja because of course he is. Seriously, this is just Grey Fox from Metal Gear Solid with the serial numbers filed off. Or, well, any number of guys out there exactly like this. He's even a badly-injured good-guy. And wields a katana, because of course he does. Because THAT'S THE SHARPEST SWORD EVER, YOU GUYS, never mind that it's historically the weapon of the SAMURAI, not the ninja.

-Genji and Hanzo are brothers, and were raised in a ninja clan- Genji, however, rejected the family's criminal business and engaged in a wealthy playboy lifestyle. An enraged Hanzo clashed with his brother, eventually leaving him badly beaten and near-death. Rescued by Overwatch and Dr. Angela "Mercy" Ziegler, he was turned into a cyborg, replacing almost his entire body and turning him into a living weapon. As a member of Blackwatch, he aided the team in wiping out his former clan. He finally left Blackwatch when the mission was complete, finding inner peace with the help of the omnic monk Zenyatta. Accepting that he was in a cyborg body, but his soul was intact, he began to see his new form as a gift.

-Eventually, the two brothers found each other- Genji tracked Hanzo as he prayed for his "dead" brother, they clashed, and Genji announced that he had forgiven Hanzo his trespasses, and that now Hanzo had to forgive himself. Genji now fights as a hero once more.

-Genji and Hanzo were apparently the same character in the early game- having both bow and sword, using parkour, and packing an "Assassinate" ability- early in development, however, they were split apart and made brothers.
-Genji is a fast-moving, athletic damage-based character, doing lots of melee damage, and being merely okay at range (with his Shuriken). His specialty is running up behind enemy lines and "flanking" everybody with his moves, then escaping- his mobility is second to none except maybe Tracer and Pharah's. A Special Move allows him to do Area Damage (more or less the old "Takedown Attack", before they nerfed it to be "Mooks Only"), and his "Dragonblade" Ultimate is essentially a souped-up version of that, which I put in as an Unreliable Damage Boost. Genji is thus a PL 9-ish Ninja Fighter Guy, upgraded with Dragonblade to PL 10.

Comic Book-izing Genji: Yeah, right. He'd probably have no changes, aside from his "Swift Strike" being more of Takedown/"he's a good fighter" thing with flavor text rather than an Area Attack. Probably more Cyborg Powers, and a lot higher base Strength- he'd probably be PL 10 full-out, without the "Dragonblade" temporary upgrade boosting him that far.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Zarya! D.Va! Mercy! *sigh*... Mei & Pharah...

Post by Ken »

When I see the name Sombra, I think of this stuff. My folks use it.

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

It's not Genji's design that makes him generic to me, but that fact that he completed his entire story arc before the game even started that makes him bland. He was crippled, became a weapon, hated himself, hated his brother, found peace within, and forgave his brother. He has no where else to go character wise, which makes him kind of uninteresting.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Hanzo

Post by Jabroniville »

I'm not gay for Hanzo- YOU'RE gay for Hanzo!

HANZO (Hanzo Shimada)
Role:
Silver Fox, The Scrappy-Doo of the Fandom
Fetish Targets: DILF
Group Affiliations: The Yakuza (formerly)
PL 10 (161)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 8
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 13 (+16)
Expertise (Ninja) 10 (+13)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 7 (+11)
Persuasion 1 (+3)
Stealth 6 (+12)
Technology 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Equipment 5 (Bow & Arrow), Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Storm Arrow) 4, Improved Defenses, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge, Ultimate Aim

Powers:
"Wall Climb" Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling) [4]
"Dragonstrike" Damage 10 (Area- 60ft. Line +2) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day, Source- Arrow) [10]

Equipment:
"Storm Bow" Blast 6 (12)
"Sonic Arrow" Senses 3 (Infravision, Vision Penetrates Concealment) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Ranged, Affects Others) (15)
"Scatter Arrow" Blast 6 (Feats: Ricochet 2, Homing 2) (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (21)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Storm Arrow +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Dragonstrike +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- All ammunition has the potential to run out, and must be recharged.
Motivation (Restoring Honor)- Hanzo believes that he has damned himself by murdering his brother Genji, and has abandoned their clan.
Enemy (The Shimada Clan)- Hanzo abandoned his old clan, and now has a stream of assassins going after him.
Power Loss (Dragonstrike)- The further the enemy is from the start of the Dragonstrike, the less damage they will take.
Relationship (Genji)- The two brothers split apart many years ago, with Hanzo believing that he'd killed Genji. His guilt over this has driven the rest of his life.

Total: Abilities: 84 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 17 (161)

-Hanzo, who I am not attracted to in any way, is the counterpart to his brother Genji. Unlike Genji, he was a loyal assassin in their ninja clan, eventually slaughtering his brother when he proved an "embarrassment" to the family. However, Genji survived and became a Cyber-Ninja, while a guilt-ridden Hanzo went on a spiritual journey of his own. He abandoned the clan himself, swore never to again wield a sword, and went off on his own. Now facing down assassins from his former clan, Hanzo has perfected himself as a bowman, attempting to restore his honor and "put the ghosts of his past" to rest. Now confronted with his brother's survival, Hanzo is forced to reconsider many things, and perhaps finally forgive himself.

-Hanzo, despite being impossibly handsome, is now the most infamous character in Overwatch, to the point where even a non-player like me has picked up on how much people rip on him. This is because he is often an attractive "default" player for newbies because of his cool arrows, but he's also really hard to play- this means that it's now an ongoing joke that shitty players snap him up regardless of what the team needs (The team needs a Tank? Pick HANZO! The team needs a Healer? Pick HANZO!)- "Hanzo Main" is now the default for "Shitty Teammate" because of the players' penchant for utter selfishness ("Screw what the team needs! I just wanna headshot guys with my arrowz!") and awful team-play.

-Hanzo, who I must reiterate I am not attracted to in any way, moves like Genji, but fights more like Widowmaker- taking out enemies with precise headshots from his arrows. Unlike Widowmaker, however, he excels at leaving the area after his arrows have found their mark. His "Dragonstrike" Ultimate is an Area Line Damage attack.

Comic Book-izing Hanzo: A guy with a high-tech bow would probably have WAY more Alternate Effects, given that "type" in comic books. He'd probably have more Chi Powers than just the one, too.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (D.Va! Mercy! *sigh*... Mei & Pharah... and Hanzo!)

Post by Ken »

Funny, I thought Hanzo would be a sword guy. " If you're gonna compare a Hanzo sword, you compare it to every sword ever made -- wasn't made by Hattori Hanzo."

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
DominusExMachina

Post by DominusExMachina »

Ken wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 pmFunny, I thought Hanzo would be a sword guy. " If you're gonna compare a Hanzo sword, you compare it to every sword ever made -- wasn't made by Hattori Hanzo."
Mmmm....Kill Bill reference...nice.

Hmmm...(strokes Pai Mei-esque beard)...makes me wonder if Jab should do some Kill Bill character builds in the future...
Last edited by DominusExMachina on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I tried once to get him to do Tarantino characters as a whole and he said they were basically like Ennis characters and just left it at that
Jabroniville

Ana

Post by Jabroniville »

WEIRD- a character I prefer BEFORE they got old!

ANA (Ana Amari, aka Shrike)
Role:
Aged Fighter, Sniper, Secondary Healer
Fetish Targets: Old Lady, Tough Chick
PL 9 (176)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 8
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 9 (+11)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Soldier) 9 (+12)
Insight 5 (+9)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 7 (+11)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 5 (+9)
Technology 5 (+8)
Treatment 6 (+9)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment (Soldier Stuff), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Languages (A Few), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 3, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Biotic Arsenal" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [42]
"Biotic Grenade" Healing 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Ranged, Selective) (Diminished Range -1) Linked to Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) (Dim. Range -1) Linked to Affliction 7 (Toughness; Impaired Healing/Disabled Healing/Transformed to Un-Healable) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Ranged, Selective) (Flaws: Limited to Healing, Fades) (65) -- (69 points)
  • AE: "Biotic Rifle- Shot" Blast 6 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (14)
  • AE: "Biotic Rifle- Healing" Healing 8 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (Extras: Ranged) (26)
  • AE: "Sleep Dart" Affliction 7 (Toughness; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Non-Damaged Foes) Linked to Blast 2 (18)
  • AE: "Nano Boost" Variable 3 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Boosting Existing Powers & Toughness, Unreliable- 5/day) (14)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Biotic Rifle +11 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Biotic Grenade +7 Area (+7 Ranged Damage & Affliction, DC 22 & 17)
Sleep Dart +11 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Relationship (Pharah- Daughter)- Ana did not wish for her daughter Fareeha to become a soldier as well- this led to some strain between mother and daughter.
Relationship (Soldier: 76)- Ana & Jack were old friends on Overwatch, and remain close.
Enemy (Widowmaker)- Widowmaker shot out Ana's eye many yaers ago.

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 14 (176)

-A surprising choice to add to Overwatch, Ana Amari is the mother of popular character Pharah, and is a founding member of Overwatch. And it's a real sign of how "different" this game is... I mean- an OLD LADY character? And not, like, a "beautiful woman with white hair" kind of old lady. Not a voluptuous, "Susan Sarandon" kind of old lady. An actual kind of grizzled, non-beautiful old lady. Ana was an elite sniper who aided Overwatch greatly, but was badly-injured by Widowmaker- upon recognizing the Talon operative as the wife of her Overwatch teammate Gerard, she was stunned... which allowed Widowmaker to make her own snipe, straight down the sight of Ana's gun, blowing out her eye. Ana was believed to have been killed.

-Ana eventually recovered, but chose to sit out of the world's wars, feeling bereaved by the endless life of conflict she'd had. Eventually, however, she recognized an inability in herself to sit on the sidelines while people threatened innocent lives, and she reluctantly rejoined the fight. She reconnected with her old friend Jack "Soldier: 76" Morrison, and confessed her disappearance to Pharah.

-Ana was the first NEW character added to Overwatch, as the developers felt they needed another Healer (the other two, Mercy & Lucio, were appearing in every single game, being so necessary to a smooth fight!). They were initially thinking of an "Alchemist" character who could drink potions and empower themselves, but soon married the idea to their separate idea for Pharah's mother.

-Ana has the incredibly bizarre ability to fire Healing Sniper Shots into her allies, and damage the enemy with the same attacks. This means she has a "Biotic Grenade" that can actually Heal allies AND Damage enemies, simultaneously, while also making the enemies "Un-Healable" for a short time. This is incredibly expensive thanks to all the Linked Powers, but it's in an Easily Removable Device. She can also singly Shoot or Heal at Extended Range, put foes to Sleep (a VERY temporary thing in an FPS game), or use a "Nano Boost" that empowers an ally's attacks and toughness- basically Limited Variable, since there's too many varied powers this could apply to.

-Ana is thus a GREAT Support character, a mildly-good fighter (essentially "Widowmaker Lite" as a sniper), and a good soldier- she simply lacks Improved Critical (she can't crit in the game) or good movement- she's easily-flanked.

Comic Book-izing Ana: A Sniper/Healer is almost impossible to see as a comic book super-hero. They'd probably make all of her specialized ammo into "Afflictions" with varied effects, and drop the Healing. She'd probably also be way hotter.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

DominusExMachina wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:38 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 pmFunny, I thought Hanzo would be a sword guy. " If you're gonna compare a Hanzo sword, you compare it to every sword ever made -- wasn't made by Hattori Hanzo."
Mmmm....Kill Bill reference...nice.

Hmmm...(strokes Pai Mei-esque beard)...makes me wonder if Jab should do some Kill Bill character builds in the future...
I was gonna be all "UGH- another request?", but then I remembered I needed a handful of builds to push back the Black Panther set until February, because I realized that was Black History Month and the timing was perfect :).
I tried once to get him to do Tarantino characters as a whole and he said they were basically like Ennis characters and just left it at that
?? I don't remember that. I just haven't seen that many of his movies.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I was just commenting about the name Hanzo. Kind of like I did with Sombra. If you want to stat up Kiddo, Bill, etc. fine. If not, fine.

Jabroniville

Moira

Post by Jabroniville »

MOIRA (Moira O'Deorain)
Role:
Mad Scientist
Fetish Targets: Lady Goth
PL 8 (181)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 8 (+9)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+15)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 5 (+9)
Stealth 3 (+7)
Technology 5 (+12)
Treatment 8 (+15)

Advantages: 
Equipment (Science Stuff), Ultimate Science Skill

Powers:
"Biotic Grasp"
"Coalescence" Healing 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft Line +2, Selective) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) Linked to Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2, Selective) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) Linked to Healing 4 (Flaws: Limited to Self) (68) -- [73]
  • AE: "Left Hand" Healing 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line, Selective, Concentration) (32)
  • AE: "Right Hand" Blast 4 (Feats: Extended Range, Homing 2, Accurate 2) (Extras: Concentration) Linked to Healing 8 (Flaws: Limited to Self) (25)
  • AE: "Biotic Orb- Damaging" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable, Selective) (Quirks: Limited "Pool" of Available Damage -1) (27)
  • AE: "Biotic Orb- Healing" Healing 7 (Extras: Ranged, Area- 30ft. Shapeable, Selective) (Quirks: Limited "Pool" of Available Healing -1) (27)
  • AE: "Fade" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) & Insubstantial 4 (23)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Biotic Grasp- Right Hand +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Biotic Orb- Damaging +7 Area (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Coalescence +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Recognizable)- Moira has one blue eye and one orange eye, and plenty of scarring.
Power Loss (Biotic Orb)- If Moira is badly-injured, her Area Biotic Orb will heal her instead of her allies.
Vulnerable (Healing in Fade)- Moira cannot be healed while in "Fade" mode, unless it's an Area Heal effect.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 74 / Defenses: 14 (181)

-The most recent Overwatch character, as of early 2018, is Moira- a genetic engineer so clearly a Mad Scientist it's ridiculous. Dressed like a female Phantom of the Opera (with a worse look than Monster High's Lady Phantom- Operetta), she's apparently obsessed with "rewriting the fundamental building blocks of life". When her career was in tatters thanks to a controversial paper on engineering DNA, she was recruited by Gabriel Reyes into "Blackwatch", the dark wing of Overwatch, and she later gave him his superhuman abilities. When Overwatch was disbanded, Moira joined Talon, proving she had no allegiance to any cause but her own.

-Moira was meant to be a rare "Villainous Healer", sating fan demand for an additional Support character. She was given a thin, androgynous appearance from the beginning, but numerous concepts came and went in the planning phase- with TWENTY-FIVE playable characters coming first, it gets to be a bit of a hassle to create an all-new, stand-out design.

-Moira's specialty is Area-Based Stuff- she can Heal in a Line or in a "rebounding", Shapeable Area. Her Damage effects work mostly the same way. She can't hit very hard, but she can keep her teammates alive quite well, and specializes in doing so (in large groups, no less) and then bailing quickly with her "Fade" Teleport. Her Area Effects can be a bit weird, particularly the Biotic Orbs (which, like her other powers, have Helpful and Harmful settings), because they can miss completely or bounce around wastefully if they're not aimed right- things M&M doesn't really have stats for, since these are pretty well Area Attacks which, by definition, don't "miss" friendly targets.

-Her "Coalescence" Ultimate is just bonkers- a Line Area Healing/Damage effect with a huge range, Selective on both, and some Self-Healing to go along with it, it's an insane SIXTY-EIGHT POINTS, making it easily the most expensive power in the game. With her scientific genius and VERY complicated power-set, she is one of the most pricey Overwatch characters, too.

Comic Book-izing Moira: Yeah, almost all of her weird stuff is very "Un-Comic-Booky"- all weak Blasts and Healing. She'd probably have more "Biological Control" stuff with tons of Afflicting Poisons, Gases and Acids that could wear down toughness. MAYBE some Healing, though. She'd probably also be able to fly or Leap given her spindly look.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

L-Space wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:15 pm It's not Genji's design that makes him generic to me, but that fact that he completed his entire story arc before the game even started that makes him bland. He was crippled, became a weapon, hated himself, hated his brother, found peace within, and forgave his brother. He has no where else to go character wise, which makes him kind of uninteresting.
A very good point, I've thought about it, but it's true.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:16 pm
Davies wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 pm
BriarThrone wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:25 pm Pharah WOULD have been high on my list... but that tattoo kills me. Not even in a place I can ignore...
My friend, you stress very unimportant matters.
I usually hate tattoos on women, too- nothing turns a "10" into a "6" like ink. That said... I kind dig Pharah's.
Some accents have that effect on me, 'oh she's nice looking' and then I hear her talking and I'm like 'nope, that's ruined it for me'
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
L-Space

Re: Jab's Builds! (D.Va! Mercy! Mei! Pharah! Hanzo! Genji! Ana!)

Post by L-Space »

Hanzo Main jokes withstanding, I really like Hanzo both as a character (prideful warrior seeking peace on top of being an archer) and in game. He has good damage, can get around the map well, scout out enemies, and is Ulti is pretty amazing. He's always a killer, but with the right team he can really sign.

Ana is interesting an frustrating for me. I dig the whole healing sniper thing and sleeping a charging enemy is always satisfying, but I hate that she has literally no movement abilities! She's a sniper, let me get to good sniper spots!

My Overwatch play time hit a lull around the time Moira came out, so my experience is nil. I like the idea of an evil healer (much like I love the idea of good necromancers) and her powers seem interesting. I'm hoping to get back into it soon and try her out. Also as someone online pointed out she looks like a David Bowie playing a mad scientist.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Reinhardt

Post by Jabroniville »

I bet a massage from him would feel AWESOME!

... what?

REINHARDT (Reinhardt Wilhelm)
Role:
Aged Fighter, Powerhouse, The Tank
Fetish Targets: Bearded Old Dude, Macho Man
PL 10 (125)
STRENGTH
4/6 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Soldier) 9 (+10)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Technology 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Diehard, Interpose, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown 2, Ultimate Toughness

Powers:
"Crusader Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [20]
Enhanced Strength 2 (4)
Protection 4 (4)
Enhanced Advantages 2: Last Stand (Ignores All Damage For 1 Round w/ HP Spent), Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness) (2)
"Barrier Field" Force Field 5 (Extras: Affects Others 6, Selective 6, Area- 30ft. Burst 6) (Flaws: Limited to Blasts, Limited to When Not Attacking, Limited to Frontal Attacks) Linked to Enhanced Advantages 2: Last Stand, Withstand Damage (Extras: Affects Others, Selective, Area- 30ft. Burst) (13) -- (14)
  • AE: "Charge" Strength-Damage +4 (Flaws: Ranks 3-4 When Opponent Is In Front of Wall) Linked to Speed 2 (8 mph) (5)
-- (24 points)

"Rocket Hammer" (Feats: Restricted- Great Strength) (Flaws: Easily Removable) [22]
"Earthshatter" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) Linked to Affliction 8 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 60ft. Cone) (32) -- (34 points)
  • AE: "Fire Strike" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (16)
  • AE: "Hammer Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) (3)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Armored Up +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Rocket Hammer +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Charge +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Earthshatter +8 Area (+8 Damage & Affliction, DC 23 & 18)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5 (+9 Armor, +14 Barrier Field), Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
Weakness (Best Counters)- Flankers like Genji and Reaper are extremely dangerous to Reinhardt, who needs to hide behind a frontal barrier.
Responsibility (German)- Reinhardt loves David Hasselhoff.
Responsibility (Knightly Virtues)- Reinhardt behaves like a knight of old, believing in chivalry and other old-fashioned things.
Responsibility (Protector)- Reinbach deeply values his role as a protector of others, ever since watching his mentor die years ago, beacuse Reinhardt was young and reckless.
Relationship (Family)- Reinhardt has numerous children and a lovely wife.
Relationship (Brigitte Lindholm)- The daughter of his teammate Torbjorn, Brigitte is the engineer who fixes up Reinhardt's gear.
Power Loss (Earthshatter)- Earthshatter requires line of sight to work properly, for some reason. Even ducking behind a box will save an enemy from damage.
Disabled (Barrier Field)- Reinhardt moves more slowly while using Barrier Field.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 13 (125)

-The most iconic "Tank" of Overwatch, Reinhardt is wearing the biggest, baddest suit of Power Armor possible for that universe. Reinhardt acts like a valorous knight of old, being the last of the "Crusaders", a band of Omnic-fighters that died out during the Crisis, leading to him joining Overwatch. When Overwatch booted him out for hitting the mandatory retirement age, he could only watch as it fell apart- he then began travelling the world with his daughter Brigitte (*drool*...), righting wrongs in the suit she repairs for him. He considered not heeding the call of Overwatch's reformation (the bitterness of his dismissal still stung), but ultimately rejoined the fight.

-Reinhardt is the most "classic", iconic Tank of the game, and thus fights a very defensive style, good only at close range attacks and one minor Area Attack that hits at PL 8. Offensively he can do a lot of damage with his "Charge" move, but primarily he protects his allies with the Barrier Field, which really only works against Non-Beam weapons (Zarya's Particle Cannon goes straight through it, for example)- even melee attacks like Genji's will break through!

-The Barrier Field is a MASSIVE Health-sink, packing multiple times the Health of any character in the video game (2000 vs. an average of 200-ish), but he both slows down and cannot attack during it, requiring Reinhardt to be a very big "Team Player", guarding his allies behind the Barrier while they use it as cover and attack through it.

-Ultimately, Reinhardt is a PL 9 Melee Fighter with PL 8 Area Attacks (even his "Ultimate" does minor damage and packs a Stun onto it), PL 8.5 to Parry, and PL 10 to Dodge... and only attacks to the front. So don't see the "PL 10" status and think he's a god of war- that only extends to blocking Blasts. He's a godsend to his fleshy, spongy teammates, though (they even get a +1 boost to the Force Field that Reinhardt himself doesn't).

Comic Book-izing Reinhardt: He'd probably be a way better melee attacker with some more ranged options, and drop the Barrier Field down to lower levels. His Armor would also probably be a Thing-like Class 100 suit of Power Armor, not something that doesn't appear to boost Strength, and barely provide a regular toughness upgrade. The Barrier Field would probably work on EVERYTHING and work more like a standard Force Field than a frontal blocker.

Torby's amazingly beautiful daughter, Brigitte.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.