Jab’s Builds! (Shingen! Leather & Lace! The Lunatic Legion!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Scots Dragon

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sailor Pluto! The Witches 5! Kaolinite! Sailor Saturn!)

Post by Scots Dragon »

I saw this and figured why not, since it's on topic.

Adorable cosplay, with the extra-adorable dimension that the two cosplayers recently got engaged. The cosplayers are Rizzy CosArt as Sailor Neptune, and RachAsakawa as Sailor Uranus.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I’ll be in my bunk.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Scots Dragon wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:24 pm I saw this and figured why not, since it's on topic.

Adorable cosplay, with the extra-adorable dimension that the two cosplayers recently got engaged. The cosplayers are Rizzy CosArt as Sailor Neptune, and RachAsakawa as Sailor Uranus.
There were also Rinaca and Sorina Cosplay from Denmark, who got married last year.

"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

when are we gonna get to the fireworks factory?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, man- a good Sailor Uranus Cosplay is just... I mean... damn.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

A good Sailor [Insert Name Here] is always high on my “daaamn!” list. But, then again, I have a thing for ladies with nice legs that rival’s Jab’s MILF devotion.

The Sailor Senshi, universally, have legs that go all the way up.

Wait! No! That’s not what I meant!
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sat May 19, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Pharaoh 90

Post by Jabroniville »

PHARAOH 90
Dub Name:
Pharaoh 90
Name Translation: N/A
Role: Silent Menace, That Thing From Beyond
PL 20 (494)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 26 AGILITY -5
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 10 AWARENESS 7 PRESENCE 6

Skills:
Expertise (Cosmic Lore) 9 (+25)
Expertise (Space Traveller) 9 (+25)
Intimidation 2 (+8, +23 Size)
Perception 4 (+14)
Persuasion 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Ambidextrous), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Cosmic Blast), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 12, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Cosmic Being"
Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep) [12]
Regeneration 6 (Feats: Regrow Parts) [13]
Flight 14 (32,000 mph) [28]
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]

"Cosmic Mind"
Comprehend 4 (Languages 4) [8]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]
"Cosmic Sight" Senses 12 (Radius Sight, Extended Vision 8- 1 billion miles, Microvision, Analytical Vision) [12]

"A Living Freaking Planetoid Thing"
Growth 30 (Str & Sta +30, +30 Mass, +15 Intimidation, -15 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -30 Stealth) -- (192 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [61]
Growth +54 (+84 Mass, -84 Stealth) -- (16,384,000 feet) (Extras: Permanent +0) (Flaws: Limited to Non-STR & STA Gains) [54]
"Giant Beast" Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 31) [35]

"Atmosphere" Immunity 3 (Suffocation 2, Vacuum) (Extras: Affects Others Only +0, Area- 4,000 miles +21) [63]
"Seven... Whatever Those Things Are" Extra Limbs 5 [5]
"Planetary Deflection Field" Enhanced Dodge & Parry 8 (Flaws: Limited to Far-Ranged Attacks) [8]

"Phenomenal Cosmic Power"
"Elemental Wave" Damage 15 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 10) (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cone +4) (86) -- [100]
  • Dynamic AE: "Elemental Stream" Damage 15 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 10) (Extras: Area- 250ft. Line +4) (86)
  • Dynamic AE: "Elemental Burst" Damage 15 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 10) (Extras: Area- 250ft. Burst +4) (86)
  • Dynamic AE: Cosmic Blast 20 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 14, Extended Range 10- x102,400 ft.) (65)
  • Dynamic AE: "Topographical Features" Environment 21 (Impede Movement 2, Cold) (4,000 miles) (Feats: Dynamic) (64)
  • Dynamic AE: Move Object 18 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range) (55)
  • Dynamic AE: Communication (Mental) 5 (Feats: Dynamic, Subtle, Dimensional) (Extras: Area, Selective) (33)
  • AE: "Sense Energy" Senses 22 (Detect Energy- Ranged 17- 1,600 trillion miles, Acute & Analytical, Tracking) (22)
  • AE: "Sense Life" Senses 22 (Detect Life- Ranged 17- 1,600 trillion miles, Tracking) (22)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Cosmic Blast +12 (+20 Ranged Damage, DC 35)
Cosmic Waves +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -5

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (+10 Deflection Field, DC 20), Parry +0 (+10 Field, DC 20), Toughness +30 (+16 Impervious), Fortitude +26, Will +14

Complications:
Weakness (Out Of Our Star System)- Pharaoh 90 requires a specific set of circumstances to enter our Solar System- the sacrifice of the Holy Grail (the positive emotions of humanity in solidified form).
Enemy (The Sailor Senshi)

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 26 / Powers: 405 / Defenses: 42 (494)

-Like most seasons of Sailor Moon, the S chapter featured a Cosmic Death Being From Afar who didn't appear until near the end, revealing itself as the reason behind everything. But Pharaoh 90 was a bit different- while Metalia was an energy being in constant contact with Queen Beryl, and the Death Phantom was manipulating the Black Moon Family from the start, Pharaoh 90 never speaks in the anime. It doesn't even have a humanoid shape- it's just a big planetoid structure with some floating "arms" around it. The "manipulator" role is taken up by Mistress 9, said to be an agent of this guy. It adds up to make this the most inhuman and hard-to-understand Final Boss of the series, which makes it unique and notable, if not a fascinating CHARACTER (I don't know many "Pharaoh 90 Fans"). There's a reason good writers don't use Cosmic Intelligences as the only villain- it's 90's AGENTS that are the main factor in the story.

-Pharaoh 90 (often called "Master Pharaoh 90"- all of the early Fansites did so) is a sentient being of Chaos from the Tau Star System. He was alerted to our galaxy via the experiments of Professor Tomoe- when an explosion blew up his lab and killed his beloved daughter Hotaru, an energy convinced the Professor to make Hotaru the "Dark Messiah" of Pharaoh 90, allowing him to come to our dimension. In the manga, he was out to infect and corrupt Earth with his darkness.

-Pharaoh 90 is only really seen in the very end of Sailor Moon S, when Mistress 9 uses the Holy Grail to summon him. He appears before Earth, floating in the sky, and appears to do nothing but spread some darkness. He "attacks" when Mistress 9's attack misses, and he returns the blast her way. However, Mistress 9 is taken over by Hotaru, who becomes Sailor Saturn and attacks Pharaoh 90 with full strength. Multiple slashes are seen from afar, before Sailor Moon produces her "Super Pure Heart Crystal" and joins the battle, refusing to sit back and watch Hotaru die (her attacks will ultimately kill her as well as the villain). We never see the fight, but Sailor Moon's face when she returns indicates she saw SOMETHING- her stunned, hundred-yard-stare is really haunting. The combined power of Sailors Saturn and Moon have destroyed Pharaoh 90 for good, and Sailor Moon's presence allowed Hotaru the strength to return, but as an infant.

-Pharaoh 90 is a bit inexplicable, given that it only appears for one single battle, and we see very little of what it did. It can return Energy Blasts, and presumably can destroy the entire Earth. It's tough enough that SEVERAL shots from Sailor Saturn are witnessed, and don't seem to have much visible effect. Two Sailors together are enough to kill him, however- the planet-destroying power of Saturn is no joke.

-This is one of those builds that's a thousand times easier to do since I've already statted up Planets before (god, how many people have the opportunity to say something like THAT?). I just took my build for Ego The Living Planet, moved some stuff around, and created a PL 15-16 attacker, with PL 20 Defenses. Very devastating, but PL 22-ish Sailor Saturn, and Super Sailor Moon combined can take him out.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Witches 5! Kaolinite! Sailor Saturn! Pharaoh 90!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

It's funny, the off-screen battle thing reminds me of two Marvel examples: The infamous "completely white panels" one in Alpha Flight, and the astral battle between Xavier and the Shadow King.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:52 pm It's funny, the off-screen battle thing reminds me of two Marvel examples: The infamous "completely white panels" one in Alpha Flight, and the astral battle between Xavier and the Shadow King.
I believe this is the panel you're referring to:

Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 pm A good Sailor [Insert Name Here] is always high on my “daaamn!” list. But, then again, I have a thing for ladies with nice legs that rival’s Jab’s MILF devotion.

The Sailor Senshi, universally, have legs that go all the way up.
Then, the name I shall insert is "Bubba"... Sailor Bubba is a cosplayer who I met at Anime Central decades ago, back when ACen was new.

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I said "good Sailor [Insert Name Here]" cosplay was always high on my list. Sailor Bubba doesn't have screen-accurate pleats in his skirt or screen-accurate hair decos. Clearly I have to dock him some points.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Ladybeard's version is not quite accurate either, but I give points for the relatively high production value of the costume used by the pro-wrestler/Kawaii-metal singer :)

Jabroniville

1993 Annuals

Post by Jabroniville »

Marvel 1993 Annual Trading Card Characters:

* AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH YOU POOR BASTARDS. Gaze upon my next set and WEEP!!

ADAM-X- THE X-TREME: (X-Force): Build
** Got a fairly decent push in a few Fabian Nicieza-written issues here or there, but then the '90s bust happened and he was forgotten. Initially supposed to be the Third Summers Brother. If only.
ANNEX: (The Amazing Spider-Man): Build
** Saint Matthew spoke highly of a Limited Series featuring him. One of the more successful guys, he was an Involuntary Cyborg.
ASSASSIN: (Namor): Build
** A seductive android created by Apocalypse. She was badly damaged, but survived the conflict. Has never reappeared.
BANTAM: (Captain America): Build
** Forgettable Boxing-themed Puerto Rican, given super-steroids against his will. Killed in a later story set during Civil War.
BLOODWRAITH: (The Avengers): Build
** Black Knight's Mirror Image Villain, of sorts. Possessed by an alternate Ebony Blade. Showed up a couple of times, but was trapped permanently in an empty country.)
THE CADRE: (Web of Spider-Man): Build
** Three members of a band of Hellbent, a huge army of underground weirdos created by Terry Kavanagh. Never reappered.
CHARON: (X-Factor): Build
** A dingus from Strong Guy's past, now working for Satannish. Was basically annihilated in that very story.
CUCHULLAIN: (Guardians of the Galaxy): Build
** A Celtic War God, later re-used and re-invented in a Thor book into something totally different from the '60s-style Powerhouse. Virtually a retcon, in fact.
DARKLING: (The New Warriors): Build
** Actually, this one is a lie. Darkling appeared in a PRIOR New Warriors issue, but was still given his own Trading Card in this set.
THE DEVOURER: (Daredevil): Build
** A guy possessed by a demonic being working for the Mayan Gods. Showed up once more, without a human host, but died.
DREAMKILLER: (Darkhawk): Build
** A wimpy occultist who gained powers to get even with people in his personal life. Never reappeared.
EMPYREAN: (X-Men): Build
** A pretentious snob who absorbed energies given off by mutants dying of the Legacy Virus. Never reappeared.
ERADIKATOR 6: (The Punisher): Build
** Sarcastic Kill-O-Bot. Never reappeared after being destroyed.
THE FACE THIEF: (Iron Man): Build
** One-Off Demon. Never reappeared.
THE FLAME: (The Mighty Thor): Build
** Fire Demon/Light Elf hybrid with a mad-on for the Asgardians.
THE HITMAKER: (Wonder Man): Build
** One-Off Jobber Villain. Was possibly meant to be Splice.
KHAOS: (Excalibur): Build
** One-Off Drizzt Knock-Off. Maybe. Based off of the writer's old D&D character.
KYLLIAN: (Dr. Strange): Build
** Later called WildPride, something was attempted in making him into a regular character in the Dr. Strange book. It didn't take.
LAZARUS: (The Incredible Hulk): Build
** A vengeance-seeking guy in a suit. Showed up once or twice more.
LEGACY: (Silver Surfer): Build)
** Genis-Vell, the suddenly-introduced son of Captain Mar-Vell, later taking the "Captain Marvel" name. Eventually went crazy and died.
NIGHT TERROR: (Ghost Rider): Build
** An Assassin-turned-Vampire. He lost to Ghost Rider, but killed his old handlers. Hasn't shown up again.
NOCTURNE: (The Spectacular Spider-Man): Build
** A bat-like Mutate, she appeared a few times, dealing with the Puma, but eventually disappeared.
PHALANX: (Punisher War Zone): Build
** An inventor turned one-man-war on the mob after they threatened his family. He was killed in a later Punisher issue.
RAPTOR: (Avengers West Coast): Build
** A guy turned into an orange bird-creature. Sort of a Hulk-ish deal. Never reappeared.
TRACER: (Deathlok): Build
** A guy who blamed super-humans for the death of his father, and became an assassin targetting them, using specific plans to wipe out his victims. Appeared only twice.
WILDSTREAK: (The Fantastic Four): Build
** Crippled girl turned into a Speedster super-hero. Has only showed up in cameos.
THE X-CUTIONER: (The Uncanny X-Men): Build
** Appeared periodically as a vigilante out hunting evil Mutants, but was always treated as misguided. Doesn't show up anymore.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu May 24, 2018 5:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I'm fine with it. Actually looking forward to the Assassin. I'd like to see her/it again.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I like the ideas of Annex and Hitmaker myself.They weren't necessarily Villian,just kindof forced into it....