Jab’s Builds! (Shingen! Leather & Lace! The Lunatic Legion!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Tuxedo Mask! Sailors Uranus & Neptune! Sailor Pluto!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:35 am She’s also got a major recurring role (no spoilers) on the current season of The Flash... Helium voice and all.
It's very weird. I figured I would never see her again, and here she is, being featured in stuff twenty years after I first saw her as a kids' show host.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sailors Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Mercury & Moon!)

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:13 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:55 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 pm I patiently await Kaiju.
LET ME TASTE YOUR TEARS, JACK!! *licks tear off of Jack's face* "mmmm- the tears of unfathomable sadness- YUMMY!!

you on the other hand are weird.

I swear you Sailor Moon fans just make no sense to me

*goes back to watching the Starlight Angel segment from Robot Carnival like a real man*
Allow me to quote JetWolf's review:

"keyofjetwolf
Then it’s the main event, and — proving yet again that maybe Usagi’s on to something with her fervent belief in them always being there — her friends kick death in the nuts to heed her call and lend their strength in what is probably the biggest Their Friendship Is Awesome moment in a season packed with them.

Berytalia’s been screeching about how the world is rotten and people suck and there’s no love, and Usagi’s all oh bitch no, my friends and I love each other so much even you killing them didn’t do shit, so sit your gigantic ass down, shut up and suck on some pink light.

I may be paraphrasing.

But for real, Usagi’s relentless optimism even in the face of a hundred-foot high screaming green ladydeathmonster, and then being completely right because her friends are just not going to be stopped by something stupid like dying is about the purest embodiment of this series. If you don’t get goosebumps every time those ghostly hands come to join Usagi then you need to go immerse yourself in a bathtub of puppies stat because you are dead inside.

Also, because the tiny details are important dammit, mad love for Rei’s hand joining Usagi’s first, and for Mako’s hand being noticeably bigger than everyone else’s.
And then Usagi dies.

Fuck the end of this season is so good."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Here’s a fun bit of mental torture for you of the “OMG, I’m so old!” variety: Usagi is definitively stated to by 14 years old when the series begins and the story took place in the same year it was being serialized in Nakayoshi: 1991.

This means that Usagi was born in 1977. This means Usagi is now 41. Chibiusa was seven years old when she debuted in Act 14. She’d be thirty-four(!) now.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Also, just to add to Jab’s thoughts on the Power of Freindship:

F––k yeah.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 am hunh. so that was her bush.

small world.
No. No it wasn't.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:17 am

small world.
No. No it wasn't.
Here's a clip of her from 2001 on The Zone. INSANELY cute. And she's my exact age, so it's not weird for me to dig her- she was TWENTY here!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhgxEUODB8Q
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 am Also, just to add to Jab’s thoughts on the Power of Freindship:

F––k yeah.
Her powers came from brooches, diamonds, tiaras and make-up, and she destroyed like three or four things that would make Cthulhu shit his pants.

Reminds me of when Winnie Holzmann (writer for the book of the Wicked musical) was on Ken Levine's podcast, and he asked her what the secret was to Wicked's enduring success. She compared it to the then-very-recent success of Wonder Woman, noting that "women don't get to SEE that story very often". That of a female ass-kicker, moving the plot on her own and defining every part of the story without being "a Man With Boobs" (Gal Gadot specifically called out that stereotype in a Rolling Stone interview, pointing out that it was ludicrous to make so many Action Heroines like that). Sailor Moon was the first of its kind- it merged the "Magical Girl" genre with friggin' SENTAI, turning the magical heroine into a combat hero. Girls almost NEVER saw that back then.

And for male fans... well, it's got tiny skirts, funny characters, horrible monsters, some kick-ass fight scenes, and a hell of a story.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm In terms of what she can meaningfully accomplish, she's probably PL10. In terms of absolutes, she's basically a one-shot PL X, and yes, I know you don't go there. The way I understand what happens to her in the series is that the events of S are the endpoint of her personal timeline, and that her appearances later in the series are from earlier in that personal timeline. However, given that reincarnation is a fact in the Sailor Moon universe ...
Yeah, "Time Freeze" is not an easy thing to stat out, so I cheated and went with Selective Speed Boosts :). 2e had a "Time Stop" move, I guess, but I didn't feel like doing something so elaborate.

That's an interesting note, though. It's not mentioned in Sailor Moon S, though Pluto speaks to Chibi-Usa from some place beyond, which I guess could be the afterlife, given how you can come back as a ghost and help Sailor Moon fuck up Queen Metalia with pink light.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:47 am

small world.
No. No it wasn't.
Here's a clip of her from 2001 on The Zone. INSANELY cute. And she's my exact age, so it's not weird for me to dig her- she was TWENTY here!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhgxEUODB8Q
Yes, it is weird. For you. If she were my exact age, then I could see it. Or if she were pregnant or a giant centaur or something. This? This is way to vanilla for you.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Finally did a true Rifts build, since Ares says they're okay. I didn't wanna break up my Sailor Moon set, but here's my build for a Juicer :): Juicer O.C.C..
Jabroniville

Daimons

Post by Jabroniville »

DAIMONS
Dub Name:
Daimon Heart Snatchers, Heart Snatchers
Role: Villain of the Week, Summoned Mooks
PL 10 (82)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Close Combat (Chosen Attack) 2 (+13)
Deception 5 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Startle

Powers:
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications (Early):
Responsibility (The Death Busters)
Disabled (Mute)- Daimons can often only shout out their own name. Others are quite chatty.
Vulnerable (Distractions)- Daimons pretty much ONLY look at the last immediate thing to draw their attention. This makes them easily distracted, to the point of getting negatives to resist having their attention drawn.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 14 (82)

-The Villains Of The Week for Sailor Moon Super are pretty spectacularly silly, and weirdly out of step with the show's Satanic/Christian Imagery this time around. Like, they're talking about The Silence and Messiahs and the Holy Grail, and so one of our first enemies is an anthropomorphic elephant-shaped vacuum cleaner? What in hell is this? These creatures intially seem to be EXTRAORDINARILY powerful, to the point where the Sailors are easily defeated and Sailor Moon is crushed and de-powered. But of course within a handful of episodes we're back to the "Status Quo" and the Sailors are able to defeat them like normal, and even our super-powerful NEW Sailors are almost never able to kill them single-handedly.

Kaolinite's Daimons:
* Kaolinite's Daimons are seen to be quite powerful, and can remove humans' Pure Heart Crystals through black star-marks hidden somewhere naughty on their bodies- they usually must "lift up" some clothing in order to use the power. Victims treat this as incredibly painful, but it only ever strikes a person once per episode, meaning I'm thinking it has to be a rather specific target, or is otherwise Limited. These Daimons are "infused" into ordinary objects close to the chosen target (very similar to how Nephrite used to target special individuals at the peak of their energy levels), via "Daimon Eggs" that stick to the objects and then slither into them, kind of gross-like, as they pump away like little heartbeats. When defeated, the monster vaporizes and converts back into the object, at which point the egg flops out and cracks open, leaving a creepy little chittering "gas demon" that dissipates into nothing.

EPISODE 90- PL 11 (136): ST +2, STA +2, FIGHTING +2, Dodge +2, "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: Deflect 16, AE: Snares 6 (Accurate 7), Features (Regrows Limbs), Flight 6 [54]
-A tree at Rei Hino's Shrine forms the first Daimon, which not only wipes out the entire team in moments (by firing off parts of its body, which then regrow), but DEFLECTS Moon Princess Halation, which is insane! Then she pins Sailor Moon to a tree, RIPS OFF her Transformation Brooch, and de-powers her! Only the attack from the debuting Sailors Uranus & Neptune stop her, as their attacks surprise the Daimon, vaporizing her. This is quite possibly the most dangerous single minion in the entire series, and so it gets top marks- it's borderline "General"-strong.

EPISODE 91- PL 11 (137): ST +2, STA +2, FIGHTING +2, Dodge +2, "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: Deflect 16, AE: Teleport 8 (Change Direction), Regeneration 12, Elongation 2 (Limited to Tail), Features 1 (Regrows Limbs) [55]
-This Daimon infuses a puzzle, and is actually made up of pieces, which are given some insanely-good animation (as parts of the monster are destroyed, they transform into puzzle pieces and fall off). It's got the incredible power to Regenerate completely from harm, being destroyed by Uranus & Neptune, only to pop back up- the Sailors leave the battle immediately upon realizing that the Talisman isn't with the little girl Victim Of The Week, and so the Sailors are on their own to fight it! This one is strong enough to defeat four Sailors at once by deflecting Burning Mandalah/Sparkling Wide Pressure back at the group. Only a de-powered Usagi's love for her friends can save the day, as she mystically creates the "Spiral Heart Moon Rod" of legend (??), learning her new attack and throwing a giant heart into the Daimon, which successfully kills it.

EPISODE 92- PL 10 (131): FIGHTING +2, Snares 8 (Accurate 5), AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: "Spiked Wheels" Shapeable Damage 8, Speed 6 [49]
-This Daimon is formed from the car our mechanic Victim Of The Week has been working on, and she draws Pure Hearts through her literal boob window- an actual window of the car that rolls down, to reveal her cleavage. This one's the silliest one yet, screaming "Vroomvroomvroomvroom" as she drives around on her back, with her legs up and her arms holding out a wheel. But then Haruka drops a MOTORCYCLE on her, and Uranus & Neptune's attacks wipe it out. This seems to be a lower tier of monster, as it doesn't last long against even a few Sailors, and shows none of the "Impossible to hit/Deflects everything" nature.

EPISODE 93- PL 10 (109): "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: "Octave!" Affliction 5 (Will; Fatigued/Stunned/Incapacitated, 120ft. Burst), AE: Blast 8 (Accurate 4, Distracting) [27]
-This one's made from a violin, and looks pretty stupid. She fires out an "Octave!" attack that knocks out an entire concert hall... except for our heroes, who I guess passed their saves? The poor violinist Victim Of The Week doesn't even get any LINES, either.

EPISODE 94- PL 10 (117): "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2, "Dust Mite Sensor" Homing 3), AE: "Blow-Back" Move Object 5 (Away Only, Cone Area), AE: "Dust Bags" Blast 6 (Accurate 5), AE: "Cord Strike" Damage +2, Speed 4 [35]
-An infamous Daimon, this one is created by a Daimon Egg infusing a vacuum cleaner... with an elephant theme. So now it's an anthropomorphic monster... with an elephant/vacuum cleaner theme. And it targets UNAZUKI, the sister of Motoki, a former major supporting character. This fight is over very quickly (it's Tuxedo Mask/Sailor Moon for the win)- the Daimon is an afterthought to a fight between the Sailors over the Talisman- as this is one that belongs to a recurring cast member, the Inner Sailors fight like the dickens to return it, while Uranus & Neptune argue they need to sacrifice Unazuki if it's a Talisman.

EPISODE 95- PL 10 (108): "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: Summon 5 Guys Who Can Grapple & Shock the Sailors (Summon 4, Horde, 5 Minions +5) [26]
-This Daimon doesn't have a bad design, sporting a heart logo on her butt-cheeks, but is mostly a backdrop to THE MOST AMAZING EPISODE EVER, as the show more or less sends off Naru & Umino with an episode that defines the levels of his adoration for her. Absolutely amazing. The Daimon herself only appears to summon five guys to shock the Sailors with grapple attacks.

EPISODE 96- PL 10 (108): "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: "Grapple With Scarf Arms" Snare 8 (Accurate 5) [26]
-This Daimon is infused into a scarf that Haruka gives Makoto, then takes Mako's Heart Crystal. The monster is swiftly dealt with once the Crystal is returned, as Jupiter sets up Sailor Moon for the victory. The most interesting thing about this Daimon is that her "Star" absorber is on her NIPPLE, meaning she basically flashes a full titty when drawing out Mako's Pure Heart.

EPISODE 97- PL 10 (125): "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: Water Blast 8 (Accurate 4), AE: Water Control 5, Device (Inflatable Tube- Swimming 2 & Snare 8- Accurate 4) [43]
-This one's a pretty hapless threat, dealt with quickly because most of the AMAZING episode deals with Ami and her own personal issues. She's actually befuddled by LUNA AND ARTEMIS, who pop her inflatable tube and send her all over the pool.

EPISODE 98- PL 10 (154): "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: Snare 8 (Accurate 5), "Tire Form" Morph 1 (Metamorph- Greater Speed), Summon Duplicate 8 (Heroic +2, Controlled) [72]
-This Daimon manages to chain Sailors Moon & Uranus together, provoking a full episode of them debating their personal philosophies, and Uranus contemplating leaving Sailor Neptune to die in order to continue on their mission. They trick the Daimon into severing the chain, which allows them to easily mop it up, even though it's got a Summon Duplicate power.

EPISODE 99- PL 10 (115): "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: "Train Charge" Strength-Damage +4, AE: "Electrical Cables" Blast 8 (Accurate 4), AE: Snare 6 (Accurate 4), Speed 5 [33]
-The girls pretty easily defeat this one, not needing the help of any others, after it attacks Yuichiro (who was abandoning the Shrine because he thought Rei was dating Haruka). Quite varied powers, though, given that it's an animated TRAIN.

EPISODE 100- PL 10 (122): "Invisible Net" Snare 8 (Accurate 4, Subtle 2), AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: "Serve!" Burst Blast 8 [40]
-The 100th episode is actually a Minako-focused one, as a boy she used to know asked her things that made her very introspective about her future as a Sailor Guardian. The monster is of course infused into a Volleyball, but Venus actually uses the "Chekov's Gun" approach to ass-kicking- since the episode was all about her past as a volleyball player, she uses her "Serve Return!" attack to knock a ball right back into the Daimon's face!

EPISODE 101-102- PL 10 (133): ST +2, STA +2, "Mold Glass" Snare 10 (Accurate 5), AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: "Snare Breath" Snare 6 (Cone Area), AE: "Sword Arm" Damage +2, Elongation 3, Leaping 5 [54]
-This Daimon plays a secondary role to Kaolinite's last act as "Acting General". It's a high-end fighter, though, using a LOT of different techniques, and pretty handily holds off Tuxedo Mask when Usagi loses her Transformation Brooch, leaving him alone against the Daimon. It's a pretty epic fight, too, and she eventually freezes him solid with molded glass. It actually takes the next episode for the Sailors to kill her, at which point Kaolinite starts mimicking her attacks but is herself frozen when they're thrown back at her, and she falls of the Tokyo Tower to her doom.

Eudial's Daimons:
* Eudial's Daimons are similar to Kaolinite's, but do not do the Heart Extractions themselves- Eudial accomplishes this via her giant Needle Gun. The Daimon Egg-Infused Objects are actually pre-made this time, with Professor Tomoe "cooking them up" in his lab and then sending Eudial screeching off in her van. Eudial's Daimons are much weaker than Kaolinite's, as the "Threat Level" of the series kind of drops.

EPISODE 103- PL 10 (111): "Fireworks" Affliction 9 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Burst, Ranged), Equipment (Paired Clubs +3) [29]
-This Daimon, created from an infused taiko drum, makes Sailors Moon & Mars dance amidst fireworks. Uranus & Neptune refuse to help ("We can't always be here to help them..."), but is distracted by SAILOR CHIBI-MOON making her arrival. The distraction is just enough to get the monster killed.

EPISODE 104- PL 10 (115): Equipment 2 (Flying Cushion- Flight 5), "Acid Tea" Blast 4 Linked to Ranged Weaken Toughness 5 (Objects & People), Ranged Attack 8 [33]
-This Daimon hails from a Tea Ceremony, and is mostly just annoyed by Sailor Chibi-Moon. However, the Sailors still arrive to crush it. This is the point where many of the Daimons drop down in power a bit, as the Sailors can much more easily defeat them.

EPISODE 105- PL 10 (114): Snare 8 (Accurate 5), AE: "Disc Toss" Blast 8 (Accurate 5), AE: "Paint Brush- Needle Shot" Blast 5 (Multiattack, Accurate 5), AE: Electrical Line Damage 8 [32]
-This Daimon is a bad nemesis for Sailor Jupiter, who has had her self-esteem shattered by a foe that managed to defeat her last time. Training with a martial arts monk in the wilds, she successfully centers herself, throws out Sparkling Wide Pressure... and KILLS IT? Yes, really, a REGULAR SAILOR solos a monster! This NEVER happens!!! Jupiter being so happy she's almost crying is a highlight.

EPISODE 106- PL 10 (112): "Hurdle Rope" Snare 8 (Accurate 5), Speed 1 [30]
-Taking up residence inside... a shoe... this Daimon looks like a shoe with arms and legs. Yeah, it's pretty stupid. It's fast and has a Snare (OF COURSE it has a snare! They all have Snares!), but Sailor Uranus is able to keep pace with it, so it's not even, like, SUPERHUMANLY fast, really.

EPISODE 107- PL 10 (139): "Spinning Rope" Affliction 8 (Strength; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Incapacitated) (Extra Condition, Cone) Linked to Cone Damage 8, AE: "Throwing Sculpting Knives" Blast 5 (Multiattack, Accurate 5), Summon Stone Monster 4 (Extras: 2 Minions +2, Active, Source- Sand) [57]
-A weird "Cubist Art Monster" Daimon attacks an art class Michiru was teaching, but is nearly melted by Neptune's "Deep Submerge"- her Sand Monsters actually do remarkably well against even Sailor Uranus.

EPISODE 108- PL 10 (119): Morph (Second Form; Metamorph), "Second Form- Waltz of Hell" Blast 8 (Multiattack, Accurate 5), AE: "Yodel of the Devil" Blast 9 (Burst Area), AE: "First Form- Rose Blasts" Blast 6 (Accurate 6) [37]
-A musical-themed Daimon, this one has two forms. The first just has weaker Blasts, but the second shoots out musical notes and has an Area Blast.

EPISODE 109- PL 10 (147): "Create Doors & Locks" Create 15 (Innate, Continuous, Impervious), "Turn Hand Into Multiple Keys" Movement 1 (Permeate, Limited to Actual Doors & Entrances), "Shield" (Removable- Defenses +1, Shield Bash +2) [65]
-The silly "Doorknobder" Daimon manages to lock all the other Sailors aside from Moon, Uranus & Neptune out of a room with her and the Victim Of The Week (Sailor Venus!), using incredibly strong doors and locks that are impervious to attack! She loses pretty hard to the Sailors, though, particularly when Sailor Moon's attack gets deflected by Eudial... INTO THE DAIMON!

EPISODE 110- PL 10 (147): "Create Doors & Locks" Create 15 (Innate, Continuous, Impervious), "Turn Hand Into Multiple Keys" Movement 1 (Permeate, Limited to Actual Doors & Entrances), "Shield" (Removable- Defenses +1, Shield Bash +2) [65]
-The silly "Doorknobder" Daimon manages to lock all the other Sailors aside from Moon, Uranus & Neptune out of a room with her and the Victim Of The Week (Sailor Venus!), using incredibly strong doors and locks that are impervious to attack! She loses pretty hard to the Sailors, though, particularly when Sailor Moon's attack gets deflected by Eudial... INTO THE DAIMON!

Mimete's Daimons:
* The adorable Mimete uses pre-made Daimons like Eudial does, though when hers die, the Daimon Egg cracks open to reveal a cormorant-shaped image, which squeaks in a bird-like manner before fading away. This is because these creatures literally suck the Pure Hearts out of people, swallowing them up like literal cormorants- Mimete's mission is simply to gather as many Pure Hearts as possible, in order to give the Dark Messiah more power. These Daimons are only wiped out with Sailor Moon turning into "Super Sailor Moon" via a tiring, one-off transformation, but there's not so much indication that these Daimons are any stronger than the show's other ones. Some of her Daimons are the show's craziest.

EPISODE 112- PL 11 (120): Dodge +2, Ranged Attack 10, Equipment 2 ("Pogo-Stick Horse" Leaping 4 & Speed 5), "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), "Cowboy Gear" Easily Removable; Pistol (Blast 10); Lasso (Snare 8- One Target), Paint Pistol (Feature: Shoots Paint), Horseshoe (Affliction 8- Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated, Ranged) [38]
-Case in point, this Daimon is a poncho-wearing Cowgirl riding a pogo-stick horse. It also shoots down Moon Spiral Heart Attack with a PISTOL, which is completely insane. Sailor Moon pulls off her first big "Crisis Make Up!" of the series, transforming into Super Sailor Moon and crushing the Daimon with her new attack ("Rainbow Moon Heart Ache), after Sailor Pluto distracts it with HER first showcasing of her attack ("Dead Scream"). I'm giving her PL 10.5 to Defenses because of that Pistol stunt, though.

EPISODE 113- PL 10 (106): "Blank Drafts of Hell" Blast 4 (Multiattack, Accurate 6), AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), AE: "Cut & Paste" Scissor-Fingers +2, AE: "Giant Letter From Editor" Blast 8 (Accurate 5) [24]
-This Daimon is dealt with quickly, as the major parts of the story are too important- the first big interaction between Chibi-Usa & Hotaru Tomoe.

EPISODE 114- PL 10 (92): "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Progressive +2, Once/Day -2) [10]
-Oh God this one was amazing- they spent so much time on Mimete & Sailor Venus performing in a contest to become the co-stars of Arajin in a new "Idol Movie" that the Daimon doesn't even get to do anything. In fact, it literally shows up, prepares to do its lethal singing attack, THEN FORGETS THE LYRICS TO HER SONG, and is thus distracted enough to be one-shotted by Super Sailor Moon. The "Mimete Episodes" tend to be pretty zany.

EPISODE 115- PL 11 (103): "Skipping Rope at High Speeds" Speed 7, Defenses +2, "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Progressive +2, Once/Day -2) [21]
-This episode features the debut of Hotaru's super-powers. In a VERY remarkable way- the Daimon is surrounded by Sailors (who now number NINE), freaks out, and starts dashing about at random, then makes a beeline straight for an innocent little girl in the throes of a seizure. And then Hotaru's eyes START FRIGGIN' GLOWING, light surrounds her body, a chorus of little girls start singing "la-la-la-lah...", and the monster is straight-up nuked, and is easily finished off. It's hard to hit, but... Area Attacks.

EPISODE 116- PL 10 (126): Snare 8 (Accurate 6), AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), Features (Regrows Arms), Thorn Aura 3 [44]
-Second verse, same as the first; this Daimon attacks, Hotaru happens to be present and annihilates it, and Sailor Moon defeats it.

EPISODE 117- PL 11 (125): "Three-Legged Race" Snare 8 (Accurate 6), AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), Speed 5, "Conch Shell" (Removable; Protection 3, Impervious 5) [43]
-A similar situation as the other two, but this Daimon is a bit unusual. Taking up space in a Conch Shell, the Daimon injests the Pure Heart of an athlete who was once sickly (and is thus Hotaru's hero)... but when she spots the sickly Hotaru having another attack, she actaully SHOWS CONCERN, and asks the little girl if she's alright! Hotaru rewards this uncharacteristic kindness by blasting the shit out of the Daimon and getting her killed. The Daimon has a Conch Shell that provides a lot of protection, but that's not gonna stop the Dark Messiah.

EPISODE 118- PL 11 (129): Deception +6 (+11), Gambling Skill 12 (+12), "Trap Within Cards" Snare 10 (Accurate 6), AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel) [47]
-This episode is MUCH different from the others- Mimete buggers up the Professor's Daimon-creating process, resulting in a massive dimensional cascade that threatens the entire Death Busters HQ. But while the Prof just casually starts eating the groceries he just bought on his front lawn, the Sailors have to "Sailor Teleport" in and save the day. The Daimon, uniquely-powerful (she can keep them trapped in that dimension forever), insists the Sailors play her in games of chance, but she CHEATS, changing the number on Jupiter during roulette, pulling a string under Mars' attempt at jenga, and more, freezing the girls in giant playing cards as they lose. Chibi-Usa & Hotaru challenge her to "Old Maid" in a callback to the episode's opening (where Hotaru mourns her unluckiness), and this actually leads to Hotaru pulling the winning card! The villain screams... but goes back on her word. Chibi-Usa transforms after Hotaru faints, but the Pink Sugar Heart Attack fizzles out... until it suddenly pops back up, and the villain's dodging results in Sailor Moon's card-prison being shattered, and she immediately hits the Rainbow Moon Heartache to save the day.

EPISODE 119- PL 11 (117): Dodge +2, Flight 6, Star-Shaped Blasts (Line Damage 10), AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Progressive +2, Once/Day -2) [35]
-This Daimon is scantily-clad even compared to other ones- she just has stars over her nipples! She fires out star-shaped energy blasts that leave similarly-shaped holes in everything- it's a very cool effect to see the shapes "cookie-cuttered" out of walls and stuff. She holds her own againts the Sailors by virtue of that powerful Area Attack and her good defenses, but a blast awakens Hotaru, who gains an evil smirk and then HER FOREHEAD GLOWS WITH THE MARK OF SATURN, and she blasts the thing away.

EPISODE 120- PL 10 (110): Defenses +1, "Throws Mice, Computers & Diskettes" Blast 6 (Multiattack, Accurate 7), AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Progressive +2, Once/Day -2) [28]
-The final Witch's Daimon seen in the series (Tellu, Viluy & Cyprine did not use any) is a pretty standard-issue one. It manages to take out Sailors Mars & Jupiter, while Mimete takes out Sailors Venus & Mercury. Tuxedo Mask & Sailor Chibi-Moon arrive and this lets Sailor Moon finish off the Daimon, though.

EPISODE 127- PL 11 (128): ST +2, STA +2, FIGHTING +2, Dodge +2, "Electrical Cords" Blast 8 (Multiattack, Accurate 6), AE: "Oven Blast" Line Damage 8, AE: "Draws Pure Heart" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Dying) (Accurate 5, Ranged, Progressive +2, Once/Day -2), Elongation 2 [46]
-This Daimon is actually the series finale villain, as it arrives having survived the purging of the other Daimon Eggs, and incubates itself in Professor Tomoe's oven, becoming an Oven-Themed Daimon. It actually beats on the assembled Sailors so well that only Chibi-Moon returning and distracting it lets them win- the Multiattack strike in particualr is devastating.

GOO DAIMONS
Dub Name:
Daimon Heart Snatchers, Heart Snatchers
Role: Villain of the Week, Summoned Mooks
PL 5 (64)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+7)
Intimidation 6 (+4)
Perception 3 (+1)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Startle

Powers:
"Liquid Bodies"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Insubstantial 1 [5]
Immunity 20 (Bludgeoning Damage) [20]
Elongation 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +4, Fortitude +4, Will +0

Complications (Early):
Responsibility (The Death Busters)
Disabled (Mute)- Daimons can often only shout out their own name. Others are quite chatty.
Vulnerable (Distractions)- Daimons pretty much ONLY look at the last immediate thing to draw their attention. This makes them easily distracted, to the point of getting negatives to resist having their attention drawn.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 4 (64)

-These Daimons appear in the final episodes- awakened when Professor Tomoe unleashes every "un-hatched" Daimon Egg in his laboratory and sends them to protect Mugen Academy. The Sailors attack, but are thrashed by literally HUNDREDS of the things- enough to basically constitute Walking Area Attacks. Individually weak, they are even killed by Season One Attacks, but their numbers count. Sailor Moon uses her attack as a heart-shaped Area Effect to wipe out scores of them, but Mistress 9 uses magic to drag Sailor Moon into her lair, leaving the other girls alone. They use their Sailor Moon R "Future Magical Force Field" thing to keep out the foes, successfully preventing the Daimons from getting inside the building until it explodes. Others of these things manage to blow up Sailor Uranus's inexplicable helicopter, basically by throwing their bodies at it until it cracks and explodes.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:47 am

No. No it wasn't.
Yes, it is weird. For you. If she were my exact age, then I could see it. Or if she were pregnant or a giant centaur or something. This? This is way to vanilla for you.
Jeez, a guy talks about his lust for Meredith Vieira ONE TIME, and suddenly he's marked as a weirdo for life.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Hey jab, it okay if I post that thing I sent you?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

kreuzritter wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:16 am Hey jab, it okay if I post that thing I sent you?
Oh yeah, go ahead. I saved it, but forgot to SmugMug it. I was about to post those guys today anyways :).
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

okay, word of warning to you on the phones, this is LONG