Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Black Tom! The Beast! Pacific Overlords! INVINCIBLE!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:34 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:23 pm THE ROBERT KIRKMAN GRIEVOUS BODILY HARM TABLE:
Literal LOL.

That seems like a bit of a light penalty for losing a leg. I'd throw in a big penalty to defense as well. Maybe Vulnerable? Also, when it happens, I'd throw something like a Fort save vs the Damage DC or go unconscious or into shock or something. Most of the 2nd table should be fight enders.
Oh, yeah. I was just throwing out random stuff, but it'd be way more debilitating than just "Hindered".
Jabroniville

The Immortal

Post by Jabroniville »

THE IMMORTAL (aka Abraham Lincoln)
Role:
Asshole Hero, Flying Brick
Group Affiliations: The Guardians of the Globe
PL 10 (152)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (History) 11 (+14)
Expertise (Politics) 8 (+11)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Hold, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown

Powers:
"Seemingly Immortal"
Immunity 3 (Aging, Poison, Disease) [3]
Regeneration 4 [4]
Immortality 5 (Flaws: Source- People Putting His Body Back Together) [5]

"Mandatory Invincible Major Character Power-Set" Flight 9 (1,000 mph) [18]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Dupli-Kate)- The two are eventually married after a short affair turns serious. He confesses that Kate makes him feel YOUNG again, and she brags about wrapping him around her little finger- getting him to settle down, retire, and start a family.
Relationship (Children)- They are sent out for their first "Super-Hero Battle" in the series finale.
Reputation (Shitty Hero)- Bulletproof claimed to dislike working for Immortal, and Invincible finally loses it on him for acting like he's a PL 12 or something, when he's much weaker.
Rivalry (Invincible)- The Immortal strongly disbelieved that Mark was actually fighting against his father (whom he never liked). He states that he does not trust Mark, and will be watching him, shortly after Mark nearly dies fighting his own father. Eventually, the two make friends.
Responsibility (Cecil, The Government)- The Immortal is old friends with Cecil, and generally does what he's asked.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 13 (152)

-The Immortal was seen in with the Guardians of the Globe- the Justice League stand-ins, in the early days- he threw the villain Bi-Plane into space, saving people from a suicide vest he was wearing. Unfortunately, he was then cut down with the rest of the squad by Omni-Man, as he said "YOU. I've never liked you". Omni-Man said "Likewise" and ripped his head off with a single punch. Apparently nobody really "got" his name, because he was buried alongside his teammates, only for the Mauler Twins to steal away with his corpse, figuring that it might give them great power (they actually swiped it from some kids who had the same plan)- he immediately went mad and beat them up, at which point he re-joined the new Guardians, taking over leadership from Robot, who was deemed incapable (a subplot that went nowhere).

-The Immortal is one of the biggest supporting characters in Invincible, but is one of the biggest antagonists as well. Portrayed as an immortal, ageless yes-man to the government, ol' Immortal (who is clearly supposed to be Abraham Lincoln) is kind of a jerk-ass at heart, ripping on Invincible whenever possible, ignoring his teammates' feelings and wishes (earning their enmity as a result), and thinking he's way tougher than he really is. He's been humiliated several times by Mark, being either one-upped, or easily killed by an Alternate Invincible, and it's generally another way we see bloody mayhem in the books, because they can just bring him back from the dead. It's actually weird how down on him Kirkman seemed in the first 50 issues or so, because suddenly he becomes a more sympathetic character, falling for Dupli-Kate and wanting to retire. In the end of the series, Mark actually puts Immortal in charge of Earth, figuring that he's the best man for the job... which seems INSANELY out of nowhere.

-But seriously, the disrespect tossed at this guy was incredible for a good while- Mark FLEW between Immortal and Allen the Alien, desperate to avoid a fight, shouting "NO! This guy's not that strong! You'll kill him!". During the Sequid fight, he slams Immortal into a wall and steals the Battle-Solving Device from him, proclaiming that he won't allow the arrogance of a hero so much weaker than him to endanger everyone else- "This is not about your EGO!". Later, Mark is taken into the future, where he executes a willing elder Immortal, who has gone insane over the centuries, and longs for someone who can end his life (he'd been committing evil acts in order to cause a revolution that would end him). And then suddenly it's like "oh no- Immortal's okay".

-The Immortal's "in-battle" Regeneration has never actually been shown- it's always post battle stuff where he's all stiched together and heals quickly, but it seems likely that he has at least a little bit of the those powers in him. He's also got Immortality (I mean, duh- it's IN HIS NAME), but people have to actually hold him together for it to work, and he seems rather incapacitated by the procedure.

-Oddly, despite throwing a man into space in his first appearance, Immortal is depicted as a bit of a weakling as far as Powerhouses and Flying Bricks go, especially for this universe. A single punch from Omni-Man instantly kills him, tearing head from body. An "Evil Parallel Universe" Invincible also massacres him when he attacks the Guardians' HQ. It gets to the point where Mark has to warn others off attacking him, and forcibly take charge of missions. It's a weird amount of disrespect given to a guy who's actually rather powerful- I ended up giving him pretty good, below-Class-100 strength, but making his durability much lower (I mean, he gets hurt ALL THE TIME). None of the original Guardians seemed that powerful or effective.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 11, 2022 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Dupli-Kate

Post by Jabroniville »

Never was there more of a "Robert Kirkman" super-power than "dies messily and in droves".

DUPLI-KATE (Kate Cha)
Role:
Duplicator, Total Ho-Bag, Bitch With a Captal "C", The World's Most Useless Superhero
PL 5 (149)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Deception 4 (+5, +10 Attractive)
Insight 3 (+4)
Perception 4 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Attractive 2, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Interpose, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
Duplication 5 (Feats: Mental Link) (Extras: Controlled, Active, Horde, 32 Minions +10) [76]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications: 
Relationship (The Immortal)- Kate's relationship with The Immortal is ultimately her biggest, and the two actually settle down and get married. She dreams of starting a family with him.
Reputation (Gets Around)- Kate slept with Rex ("and there was more than ONE of her!"), splitting up him and Eve. She later does the same thing with The Immortal, breaking Rex's heart, too.
Weakness (Durability)- Kate Clones are ridiculously easy to kill. Every one that is struck and damaged must immediately come to pieces in the most gory manner possible.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 76 / Defenses: 6 (149)

-Dupli-Kate is a pretty good example of the mentality of the series- a recurring character on most versions of the central super-team(s), and she's got a silly Punny Name and her power is to basically be bloody cannon fodder. It's actually pretty hilarious- any enemy that's a reasonable threat basically ends up tossing pieces of Kates all over the place.

-Dupli-Kate could have been an interesting character, but instead she's basically a giant slut who bounced from guy to guy, regular causing cheating (helped Rex cheat on Eve, and cheated on Rex with Immortal), but seems to have stuck with The Immortal for now. What she sees in one of the uglier and more unpleasant non-villains in the Invincible Universe is anyone's guess, but needless to say, Kate's always there for Kirkman's love of "Real World Physics" in superhero battles, that being the fact that someone who can deadlift tanks can probably do a hell of a lot of damage to a normal human being. So expect to see lots of Kate Parts flying around in every battle. She's been "killed" once, but duplicating people are the easiest of all heroes to "bring back to life", for obvious reasons- she reveals that she had a "base form" that hides away in a safehouse while she "lives on" via a Duplicate.

-What's funny is that Kate's sleeping around ends and they STILL don't really develop her character- she's just a face in the background 90% of the time, then does the occasional "I love The Immortal!" bit, with only a tiny line of dialogue here or there. The Immortal seems to like her, though- suggesting that she makes him feel young again, and makes him want to reconnect with his humanity as well. She later got him to settle down and start a family with her, and actually seemed pretty palsy with Eve (though she comments to her husband that "Even can't hold down a man". The last time I saw her, she was being a giant bitch to Eve when they had dinner, commenting on her fatter self and going all "Good for YOU, girl!" when she saw Eve eating a salad, then suggested it was weird that Mark was still attracted to her while she was so plump (so... plump...). In the end, her and Immortal's kids are seen donning costumes, but she doesn't do much else.

-Dupli-Kate is the Worst Superhero Ever, basically being Living Cannon Fodder. Like most Duplicator types, she is much lower in PL than most of her compatriots thanks to having such a game-breaking power- especially because she uses a ton of the Extras available to it- Active, Horde and enough Minions to make 32 of them, meaning she's almost impossible to kill, and any Kate far away from the others can become the "main one" after they're all killed. She's also one of the few Martial Artist heroes in the Invincible U (it really needs them- not alot of variance of powers here), something I'd recommend for all Dupers to make them extra-useful and fill up points for a pretty cheap power otherwise. Except she's actually a pretty terrible fighter, and any villain has no trouble taking her duplicates. Seriously, she's never even factored into a victory- I have no idea why she's still allowed to join teams.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 11, 2022 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Pacific Overlords! INVINCIBLE! The Maulers! The Immortal!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Now to play Devil's Advocate here,if one of my favorite X-Men (Jamie Maddrox) has taught us anything,it's that it's not the Power thats awful,it's more oftentimes than not the Person that's awful..... :D
Jabroniville

Multi-Paul

Post by Jabroniville »

MULTI-PAUL (Paul Cha)
Role:
Background Character

-Dupli-Kate's twin brother, Multi-Paul and she were created via an ancient curse- the far-flung descendant of a man who killed an Emperor of China was fated to "have so many children, it will drive him MAD!". The man was carted off, while the government trained Paul & Kate as martial artists. Multi-Paul eventually disappeared without a trace (he shows up in her origin story, and then doesn't show up for years), while Kate joined the Teen Team, and then the Guardians of the Globe. Eventually, Paul turns up when Kate is thought killed, trying to murder Rex Splode for leading the mission that got her offed. Rex & Invincible fight some duplicates until the REAL Kate arrives, scolding Paul, who is then arrested. It turns out that Paul is a minion of a band of super-villains, and he's soon sprung by his master, never to matter again.

-Paul likely has the same statline Kate does, able to overwhelm Rex at least, crushing him under the weight of their bodies.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 11, 2022 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Re: Dupli-Kate

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 am DUPLI-KATE (Kate Cha)
Advantages:
Attractive 2
she's basically a giant slut who bounced from guy to guy
I have no idea why she's still allowed to join teams.
Really? No idea? No idea? Really?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:06 am
Advantages:
Attractive 2
I take my previous comment back 'bout her not having any "skills" (they DID manage to successfully mass-market Pole Dancing as an exercise routine to middle age housewives a few years back)...... :D
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:06 am
Advantages:
Attractive 2
What? What do you mea--- OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
Jabroniville

Amber

Post by Jabroniville »

AMBER BENNETT
Role:
The Hero's Girlfriend, The Normal Girl

-Amber was SO CUTE. Though a ton of fans hated her immediately because she became Mark's girlfriend after the introduction of "obvious choice" Atom Eve, I felt they did a good job on her for the most part. Mean to be an "ordinary High School girl" who just happened to be dating a superhero, Amber was depicted as cheerful but easily-upset, especially at Mark's frequent disappearances. However, after a few bouts of annoyance, she realizes that Mark is the superhero Invincible, and we get a full issue of Mark explaining the previous 20-some issues as a form of exposition, exquisitely drawn by Ryan Ottley, who can make 21 pages of PEOPLE TALKING into a nice bit of business. After this, they spend the night together for the first time, and things seem happy.

-However, almost INSTANTLY, Kirkman goes off on those multi-issue tangents of his, and so Invincible spends weeks in outer space (meeting his father on the Mantis People's homeworld), then goes to Mars, and finally comes to the realization that it's not fair to Amber to be forced to spend all her time alone while he's off in space doing Superhero-Stuff. They mutually agree to end things, and part as friends.

-The last time we really see Amber at all is when she makes a tearful call to Mark, and reveals to him that her new boyfriend (who'd clearly been moving in on Mark's territory while he was away) got angry and beat her. Mark, enraged, puts on the costume, reveals his identity to the guy, and threatens to MURDER HIM if he ever touches Amber again. And then... we just see the two of them together in a couple of wordless panels during The Invincible War story, and she's never seen again. It's really very weird, and comes off as one of those "Kirkman I-Am-Bored-Of-This-Character" plotline-dropping things. I mean, the guy'd only ever been seen as an attentive type moving in on Mark's girl behind his back, and now suddenly he "gets angry sometimes" and puts a gory black eye on his girlfriend? It's very weird. Especially since we never saw it again. They're spotted together watching Mark supposedly get killed by Dinosaurus, and near the end of the series, she's seen with a new presumed-boyfriend, so obviously her and that guy didn't stay together.

-Amber, though, was sweet. I loved that issue where Mark reveals his backstory to her- she makes such cute faces (especially the "My boyfriend is a superhero" "Looks like" "*adorable smile*" page), constantly sticks her lower jaw out every time she's pouty or upset, and seems to have regular human reactions to things- even after realizing that Mark is a superhero, she gets angry when he leaves her for weeks AGAIN. And I liked her jealousy over Atom Eve- being a woman, she figured out pretty quickly that Eve had a thing for Mark, and pointed it out to him that "I think she only dated William to get closer to you".
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 11, 2022 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Pacific Overlords! INVINCIBLE! The Maulers! The Immortal!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Saw Motown: The Musical today. Very good "Jukebox Musical" show, though I gotta think if you REALLY liked a certain song, hearing only a 45-second clips of it might get a trifle annoying :). They REALLY blitzed out all of them. Berry Gordy himself wrote the book and produced it, so it comes off like a bit of a love letter to himself at times. Though it shows how his relationship to Diana Ross fell apart, and how he kept his stars competitive with each other, which drove some of them away. Portraying Marvin Gaye as this pain in the ass was pretty funny, but his "I already HAVE a father!" line to Berry (whom he sees as controlling; Berry's also the brother of Marvin's wife) is a bit of a "yikes" moment considering how he died. But I guess if a dude openly cheated on my sister, I'd still be a bit bitter as well.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:12 am I take my previous comment back 'bout her not having any "skills" (they DID manage to successfully mass-market Pole Dancing as an exercise routine to middle age housewives a few years back)...... :D
A while back, came across a Northern European ad on Youtube advertising pole dancing for the entire family- from toddlers on up to grandma. That was... odd.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Black Samson

Post by Jabroniville »

BLACK SAMSON (Real Name Unknown)
Role:
Background Hero, Almost-Flying Brick
Group Affiliations: The Guardians of the Globe
PL 9 (108)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Business) 8 (+11)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Wealth), Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Power-Lifting 1 (50 tons) [1]
Leaping 5 (250 feet) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +9, Fortitude +9, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Old Neighborhood)- Samson feels that he's been fortunate in life, so repays society in general by cutting hair for free at a local barber shop in his old neighborhood- helping those less fortunate appear more presentable.

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 9 (108)

-Black Samson's another one of the "super-powerful victims" line-up in Invincible, usually getting the "Early Invincible Character" trademark- a smidgen of interesting backstory, followed by nothing- making you feel like you're only seeing part of the story. When the Guardians of the Globe were killed, he was the lead suspect to the general public and super-heroes in general- he'd recently been kicked off the team after losing his powers in an unexplained situation, and had a suit built that could replicate his might. However, at the funeral for the Guardians, it was revealed he couldn't have been a supect, and then his butler revealed himself to be wearing the same suit, attacking those present for booting his beloved master off of the team.

-Samson was mortified at his butler's actions, but kept using the suit as a background Guardian- he didn't get any play until he was rendered comatose by the attacks of Battle Beast, who nearly killed both him and Bulletproof. Badly injured, he awoke from his coma with a TON of additional strength, fighting back a villain when Invincible wasn't on-scene, but this power boost did not last.

-Black Samson thus seems like a guy who COULD be interesting- he's a billionaire super-hero with great power- but he's treated as so minor-league in fights (usually being defeated off-panel) and given so little to do (he's often just "that guy flying around in the background or being K.O.'d) that there's really not much to him. In a sense, all that backstory and random happenings help him feel "legit", however- he actually comes off like a major character in some OTHER book- just not one we're currently reading. He was eventually defeated in a casual manner by Robot's preemptive strike over Earth's superheroes- shot down by an energy blast while working charitably in a local barbershop. It's actually really jarring to see him in a rapid-fire re-read, as he seems like he's supposed to be important, but just ISN'T, and then Robot slaughters him with a single shot, blowing a hole through him.

-Samson loses points to most other comparable heroes because we see so little of him, but he's a standard Powerhouse with a Leaping specialty. Though to be honest, he appears so little I assumed he was a Flying Brick, even on a re-read. That his temporarily wore a suit that made him a minor-league Flying Brick/Blaster didn't help.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 11, 2022 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (INVINCIBLE! The Maulers! The Immortal! Dupli-Kate!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Black Samson could probably be a decent hero..in a world that wasn't completely focused on Flying Bricks that completely dwarf him power-wise. The fact that he's a leaper instead of a flyer (like Superman originally was, right?) helps him stand out a little, but it means he's less useful than fliers.
Jabroniville

Guardians of the Globe

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ORIGINAL GUARDIANS OF THE GLOBE:
-The first story arc of Invincible truly starts in earnest when we meet the Guardians- obvious JLA knock-offs with totally unoriginal concepts. They are introduced in quick 2-page introductory sequences, which do little other than established some basics and some powers, at which point they hear an emergency response, and head to their base. At which point a sneak attack from Omni-Man kills the entire team, one after the other, leaving only The Immortal, who is helpless before a single other punch. Save The Immortal, the characters are never seen again.

-This, of course, did not stop the fans from writing in a lot and asking questions about these guys, who were obviously never meant to be REAL characters (I mean, two pages for each one?). Only tiny bits of backstory would be revealed for a couple of them, and none of them deserve stats or bios- their Power Levels are way too unclear, and they're certainly not very durable:

The Roster:
THE IMMORTAL: Team Leader, and an immortal Flying Brick. Becomes a major recurring character after he returns to life. Takes the "Superman" role, though 90% of Invincible characters also do that, and often do a more accurate job of it.
RED RUSH: Russian Super-Speedster who commits heroic acts while on a date with his annoyed girlfriend. Like most Speedsters, is really vulnerable to sneak attacks. Flash knock-off.
WAR WOMAN: Hails from Amazonia, which she apparently abandoned to visit "man's world". Has a female lover and some degree of super-strength, along with some weapons. Her girlfriend returns in the Guarding the Globe Limited Series, demanding revenge on Man's World. Wonder Woman knock-off.
AQUARUS: A goofy-looking fish-man, who spends all his time sitting on his throne in Atlantis, bored out of his skull. A parody of how "Atlantis is boring" in the comics. His wife is betrothed to his slayer (as per Atlantean rules), but Invincible is roped into taking the role when Omni-Man leaves Earth. Invincible manages to finagle a plot where Lethan, the Royal Advisor (who loves the Queen dearly), takes his place and becomes King instead. Lethan later has to ally with the Guardians to get out of a jam caused by Octoboss, and ANOTHER plot is hatched to give him his "face" back in front of his wife & people. Aquaman knock-off.
DARKWING: A grim vigilante with a "Darkboy" sidekick who later becomes Darkwing II, and gets a slightly expanded role. Batman knock-off.
THE MARTIAN: An actual shapeshifting Martian, having left his people. Their culture is given more detail during Shapesmith's debut. Martian Manhunter knock-off.
THE GREEN GHOST: A guy who can fly and go Insubstantial, having replaced a former Green Ghost. He has to swallow a green jem in order to take "Ghost Form", and then barfs it up when the fighting's done. Is quite annoyed when he has to re-swallow a vomity, green jem. Green Lantern knock-off (sort of). A flashback/alternate timeline or sorts shows that he can disorient people by passing through their bodies- this is powerful enough to stagger even OMNI-MAN, causing him to vomit and leave himself open for a KO.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Rex Splode

Post by Jabroniville »

REX SPLODE (Rex something)
Role:
Jerkass-Turned-Good Guy, Blaster
PL 10 (137)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Deception 4 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)
Insight 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Great Endurance, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment (Throwable Objects), Improved Aim, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Taunt

Powers:
"Wrist-Shooter" Blast 6 (Feats: Accurate) [13]

"Charging Objects"
Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Penetrating) (Flaws: Source- Increasingly Large Objects Per Blast) (Diminished Range -1) (29) -- [30]
  • AE: "Small Object Toss" Blast 6 (Feats: Accurate) (Flaws: Source- Objects) (13)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications: 
Reputation (Jerk)
Relationship (Atom Eve, Dupli-Kate)- Rex was with Eve for years, but cheated on her with Kate, who eventually did the same thing to him, with The Immortal.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 43 / Defenses: 16 (137)

-Rex is one of the better supporting cast members in the Invincible book, being initially written as a pure jerkass boyfriend of Atom Eve, meant to obviously "get in the way" of the "obvious" Eve/Mark hook-up that fans were predicting since Invincible #1. He cheated on her with Dupli-Kate, but got the same treatment by The Immortal, and once we'd learned his past (a penniless family gave up their only son to the government for experimentation, and got rich for it), he became a bit more understandable. Not ABSOLVED, mind you- but it helped explain him. This is an important aspect of "Jerk" characters- they shouldn't just be 100% dickheads for no reason; they need character and reason behind their actions. It doesn't absolve them.

-This was aided by him performing several heroic acts, cheering on Mark/Eve once they'd finally hooked up, and surviving a brutal amount of damage from The Lizard League, a battle that "killed" Shrinking Ray & Dupli-Kate (Kate's since returned, but Ray's supposedly been "digested" by Komodo Dragon). But alas, just as Eve was beginning to like him as a person, he was killed as the biggest death of "The Invincible War", as one of the Evil Invincibles defeated the Guardians of the Globe. Rex had the other Guardians flee, so he could handle the bad guy, who of course taunted him- "You've run out of materials to use for explosions! What could you have charged THIS time?". A bloodied Rex merely replied "MY SKELETON.", and a huge eruption vaporized both him and Evil Invincible.

-Rex thus got a good send-off a few issues later (Mark hadn't even realized that Rex had died), mourned even by Eve, and it turned out that his teammate Robot had, while being annoyed by Rex, also IDOLIZED him, as he represented the cocky, outgoing type Robot only wished he could have been. Robot took Rex's name in tribute, and Rex never returned, as he's not a Viltrumite with "Plot Armor". This was in the sixtieth issue, so he was actually dead for more than half of the book's run.

-Rex surprisingly doesn't come near his points cost in terms of PL, mainly due to being a background character who isn't shown with lots of Skills or Advantages. His Blast power, while insanely powerful at times, is dependent on Power Attack to do excessive damage, and has two big Limits placed on it (he can only throw objects he's charged, not Blast at full distance). He's been established at peak-human strength (though it hasn't SHOWN him doing that- it's in his bio and his official origin), and is quite durable.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 11, 2022 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.