Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Genjuro! Gen-An! Earthquake! Sieger! Amakusa!)

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:55 am You know my main problem with Sogetsu story-wise(he's pretty good as a playable character)?He's a Total jerk just because.I got no problem with BOSSES being asshat's,that's part of their job after all(like Zangief said in Reck-it Wralph: Just because your the Bad Guy doesn't mean your a bad GUY),but to not even care that your hunting down your own SIBLINGS to kill them?That takes a special kind of Douchbaggery....
Fun Fact: When I started doing the Samurai Shodown set, I wasn't quite sure which Fighting Games I wanted to stat up first. So Kazuki and Shizumaru were actually the FIRST characters I statted up, as I'd never heard of either, and wanted to build some of the obscure guys as a fact-finding sort of thing! Oddly enough, these turned out to be the "Main Characters" of their respective games. Sogetsu was actually one of the FINAL characters I'd statted up, as I had to resort to typing him out on my BlackBerry phone (before I replaced it recently), using the very detailed GameFaqs page for Samurai Shodown V, which contained descriptions of all the moves. Because I'd started bouncing around various Fighting Game characters so long ago, almost two months separates the builds for Kazuki & Sogetsu, all in all :).

The "fact-finding" stuff also led to me statting up Kung Jin, Torr and his rider, a handful of Ballz characters, and Fox from Way of the Warrior before I'd settled on finishing Brutal- Paws of Fury, then moving on to Samurai Shodown. So I at least have a head start for when I do the next thing :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

OH SHIT, EDMONTON EXPO!!!: https://www.edmontonexpo.com/en/guests/ ... ctors.html

KEVIN CONROY? The BEST Batman? AWESOME!!!

Also, Amy Jo Johnson and the original VAs for Sailor Moon & Sailor Mars. Radness.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:17 am OH SHIT, EDMONTON EXPO!!!: https://www.edmontonexpo.com/en/guests/ ... ctors.html

KEVIN CONROY? The BEST Batman? AWESOME!!!

Also, Amy Jo Johnson and the original VAs for Sailor Moon & Sailor Mars. Radness.
I think I heard you brain going SQUEEE :P
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I'm looking forward to all future FIghting game builds..even Ballz, since I've played most of the mentioned games, and Ballz has some pretty oddball (pun not intended) characters, including having an ostrich, a genie, a kangaroo, and a T-REX (!!) as bosses, and each have a specific special trick you can use against it. (For example, the ostrich recovers health by sticking its head in the ground, and taunting increases your attack power, so you can taunt all you want until you have enough power to OHKO the thing.)
Jabroniville

Suija

Post by Jabroniville »

SUIJA
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown V (2003)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown V-VI
Home Country: Japan
Weapon: Bracelets of Rudra
Role: Demonic Being, Sprite Swap (of Sogetsu)
PL 9 (143)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 11 (+14)
Expertise (Demon) 8 (+8)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Moon Wave) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Short Sword), Evasion, Improved Critical (Fire Grab), Improved Critical (Way of Hell), Improved Critical (Flaming Ball), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Samurai Shodown Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort (Super Move), Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Heavy Attack), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Shodown Fighter" Features 1: Adds Weapon Damage to Special Moves [1]

"Special Moves" (All Have Flaws: Requires Signature Weapon)
"Moon Wave" Energy Aura 3 (Flaws: Distracting) (Feats: Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Lasts for 3 Rounds Max) Linked to Affliction 5 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned) (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Lasts for 3 Rounds Max) Linked to Immunity 10 (Chi Damage) (Quirk- Lasts for 3 Rounds) (24) -- [27]
  • AE: "Moon Wave" Blast 5 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (1)
  • AE: "Flying Moon" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Air Throw" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Equipment:
"Bracelets" Strength-Damage +2 (Split) (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Bracelets +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Flying Moon +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Moon Wave +12 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (+14 Banishing Flame, DC 22-24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Weakness (Predictability)- Suija cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 10 + 12 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 15 (143)

-Suija debuted in Samurai Shodown V, based off of Suija Sogetsu from SS 64: Warrior's Rage. The developers wanted a "Dangerous guy who wants to be a god", and made him out to be a disciple of Lin Yunfei's from 1,000 years ago, having succumbed to the powers of the demon (Makai) world. He and his brother Enja were sealed away, but finally escaped. He was eventually sealed in Sogetsu's weapon, which is why he resembles Sogetsu's style so much now. Also, he's just a recolored sprite for Sogetsu himself, much like Rira and Rasetsumaru are.

-Suija looks to be a pretty standard guy, albeit with a Blanka-like "Energy Field" technique that also gives him a temporary Immunity to Projectiles. This makes him a lot pricier than average.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Enja

Post by Jabroniville »

ENJA
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown IV (1996)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown IV-VI, 64
Weapon: Giant Bracelets
Role: Fiery Fighter, Sprite Clone (of Kazuki)
PL 9 (124)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 11 (+14)
Expertise (Demon) 10 (+10)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Bracelets), Evasion, Improved Critical (Burning Kick), Improved Critical (Risking Kick), Ranged Attack 2

Samurai Shodown Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort (Super Move), Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Heavy Attack), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:

"Fire Eruption" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cylinder) (8) -- [11]
  • AE: "Fire Emperor Mode" Fire Aura 4 (Flaws: Fades) (8)
  • AE: "Burning Kick" Strength-Damage +4 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Fire Uppercut" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 To Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Equipment:
"Bracelets" Strength-Damage +2 (Improved Critical) (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Bracelets +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Fire Emperor +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Special Moves +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Fire Eruption +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Quirk (Fire Emperor Mode)- Enja may not use Withstand Damage or any Defensive options while in "Fire Emperor" mode.
Weakness (Predictability)- Enja cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 7 + 12 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 16 (124)

-Enja is a "Sprite Clone" of Kazuki, and a demon who's possessed the body of one of the Kazama Clan's ninjas. He and his old friend Suija (the Sprite-Clone of Sogetsu- Kazuki's brother) are banding together for power. He ends up bound within Kazuki's weapon. A big thing with him is the "Fire Emperor" mode, which sees him wreathed in flames and fighting in a faster-paced style with no blocking allowed- potentially devastating but very risky.

-A dangerous, all-out style of attacker, he is actually a bit slow, and sports PL 9 offense and PL 8.5-ish defense. He's also one of the few Fighting Game characters with an honest-to-god Area Attack.
Jabroniville

Kusaregedo

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

KUSAREGEDO (Youkai Kusaregedo)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown V (2003)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown V & VI
Weapon: Sharpened Bone Spur of Severed Limb
Role: Disgusting Monster, Powerhouse, Cannibal
PL 9 (91)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+6)
Athletics 2 (+8)
Intimidation 10 (+8, +9 Size)
Perception 8 (+6)
Ranged Attack (Thrown Head) 6 (+9)

Advantages:
Close Attack 3, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Ground Slap), Improved Critical (Power Slash), Improved Critical (Thrown Head), Ranged Attack 1, Startle

Powers:
"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
Reach on Unarmed Damage [1]
Senses 2 (Extended & Acute Scent) [2]

"Special Moves"
"Throws Own Head" Blast 5 (Reduced Defenses -3) (4) -- [7]
  • AE: "Power Slash" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Weird Ground Slap" Affliction 6 (Strength; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Reduced Defenses -2) (2)
  • AE: "Holds Up Gut" Enhanced Defenses 2 (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Power Slash +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Ground Slap +12 (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Thrown Head +9 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (+8 Gut Holding, DC 16-18), Parry +8 (+10 Gut Holding, DC 18-20), Toughness +6 (+7 D.Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Human Flesh)- Kusaregedo is a demonic cannibal who craves human flesh.
Relationship (Hakana, Daughter)- Hakana weeps for the man her father once was, and seeks to cure him.
Power Loss (Special Moves)- Kusaregedo's bony projection can be disarmed like a regular Device or piece of Equipment. This negates his "Power Slash" move.
Weakness (Predictability)- Kusaregedo cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 9 + 12 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 15 (91)

-GLUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH what an absolutely horrific monster. Aiming to create a disturbing, unnatural monster for Samurai Shodown V, they absolutely hit it out of the park with this insane freak, Kusaregedo. His emaciated face, exposed teeth and bloated body greatly resemble the creatures of later manga sensation Attack on Titan (now more or less already forgotten as a big thing- there's only room for ONE big anime at a time, dammit, and that's now My Hero Academia!). This is something drawn from medieval Japanese culture and their drawings of demons and things like that (specifically the "gaki", a modification of the "Preta" from Hindu and other mythologies- awful people doomed to a new life as cadaver or shit-eating monsters).

-Kusaregedo was once a kindly man, but eventually came to crave human flesh. On his execution for cannibalism, he was transformed into a demon, making him even more bloodthirsty- disgustingly, he hunts down Rimururu in order to devour her. The INTENSELY creepy design of the character is played out in his move animations, physical appearance and more- a bloated monstrosity, he is MUCH taller and fatter than any other character, basically sitting down in his sprite mode. He uses the exposed forearm bones of a chewed-off arm as a weapon (humorously, it alternates based off of his pose, this being a 2-D game that has to flip the sprite), has a giant, distended belly, and even EATS HIS OPPONENT as a fatality, barfing up a partially-digested corpse and then blushing at the audience for his rudeness.

-I personally think the character actually fits as more of a "Sub-Boss" or something, and not as a regular character, as he looks SO much different from the other fighters. I think he actually fits into the "Old-Timey Japanese" look of the game, but being a regularly-selectable character led to a bit of a backlash. The guy at Fighters Generation delicately puts it that "he acts retarded, sounds retarded, and is just plain retarded-looking. To top it all off, he has really shitty in-game animation." The latter part is definitely correct, though, as he moves rather stiffly- Samurai Shodown III was probably the graphical peak of the series, with newer characters lacking the smoothness of older ones.

-Kusaregedo is ENORMOUS, but fights like the other large characters in the games, albeit with worse defenses. His moves are as disturbing as his Origin Story, as he makes a grotesque open-mouthed face (noticeably resembling someone with physical and/or mental disabilities, but exaggerated), slapping the ground with one hand while disembodied hands leap up to wrap up the opponent (a tricky Affliction that can really harm them). He can also shoot off his own head (which boomerangs back onto the stump), extend his reach all the way across the screen, and more. I made him PL 9 on offense, but with REALLY bad defenses- if he eschews his Special Moves by holding up his gut (a separate, defensive move in the game itself), he boosts his defenses to PL 7.5 in melee, which is still pretty bad. Never mind when he's doing his "Reduced Defenses" moves, which leave him REALLY vulnerable!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Earthquake! Sieger! Amakusa! Mizuki! Kusaregedo!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Kusargedo is creepy as hell, but certainly pretty unique for a fighting game character. And when you "disarm" him, most of the arm comes off.

Also, for people curious, here's a video of all the supers in the 6th game (which includes every fighter from the 2D games, and since it's a "festival game", doesn't have blood or fatalities like the previous games): https://youtu.be/zirWUyjpBXU And it seems the cog on Ocha-Maro's back counts as their "weapon", since it's what is removed when they're disarmed.
Jabroniville

Mina Majikina

Post by Jabroniville »

MINA MAJIKINA
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown V (2004)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown V & VI, SS 2019
Weapon: Bow & Arrow
Role: Miss Fanservice, Archer
PL 8 (123)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 10 (+11)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Arrows) 4 (+13)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Equipment 2 (Bow & Arrow), Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Arrows), Improved Critical (Multiple Arrows), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Multiple Arrows" Blast 5 (Extras: Multiattack) (Reduced Defenses -2, Inaccurate -1) [5]

Equipment:
"Bow & Arrow" Blast 3 (6)
"Bow Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (Reach) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Bow & Arrow +12 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Multiple Arrows +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Chample)- Mina is very close to her pet.
Motivation (Avenging Her Village)- Mina's village was destroyed by an evil force, and she longs to hunt it down.
Weakness (Predictability)- Iroha cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to her Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 14 + 12 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 13 (123)

CHAMPLE
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown V (2003)
Weapon: Unarmed
Role: Animal Sidekick
PL 6 (53)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Evasion, Improved Critical (Unarmed)

Powers:
"Tiny Size" Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (1 foot) [17]
(-2 Strength, +4 Defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Chample is a simple critter, and cannot speak to humans.
Secret/Involuntary Transformation (Murderous Monster)- Chample
Weakness (Predictability)- Chample cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 7 (53)

-Now THIS is inventive. Mina Majikina hails from Samurai Shodown V, and is an ARCHER in a game set around swordplay. This actually works out pretty well, as she can at least whack people with the bow when she's not launching arrows as Special Moves. She's out to avenge her fallen village, but learns in her ending that it was destroyed by her very own pet, the goofy-looking Chample- who has a DEMONIC FORM! And then in her ending she kills Chample... but then commits suicide so she can be with her friend forever. ... the f*ck?

-Mina was actually rather overpowered at first, owing to... well, having a BOW AND ARROW in a Fighting Game. Being able to use Ranged Attacks as a single-button maneuver was a bit of a game-breaker, and they'd never managed to lower her defenses enough to make the benefit not be too overwhelming- the fact that most of her Special Moves were just "Fire Arrows in a Unique Direction" meant that she had a counter to almost every opponent. She's a not-too-shabby PL 8 fighter, but as her Bow & Arrow hits at PL 7.5, she's one of the more dangerous fighters at her level, since most Shodown guys are lower on Dodge than they are on Parry. She's only PL 8 because she wasn't in many games.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Rasetsumaru

Post by Jabroniville »

RASETSUMARU
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown V (2003)
Weapon: Katana
Role: Mirror Image Villain (of Haohmaru)
PL 9 (132)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Sword) 3 (+12)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Demon) 6 (+6)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 5 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Wind) 8 (+10)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Katana), Improved Critical (Cyclone Slash), Improved Critical (Crescent Moon Slash), Startle

Powers:

"Sake Attack" Deflect 6 (Extras: Reflect) (Flaws: Source- Sake Bottle) (6) -- [8]
  • AE: "Crescent Moon Slash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Cyclone Slash" Blast 4 (Feats: Accurate, Increased Knockback) (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (2)
Equipment:
"Katana" Strength-Damage +3 (Improved Critical) (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Katana +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Crescent Moon Slash +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Cyclone Slash +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Enemy (Haohmaru)- Rastetsumaru depises that there is a human being who looks just like him, and resolves to murder this "copycat".
Weakness (Predictability)- Rasetsumaru cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 4 + 12 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 15 (117)

-Rasetsumaru is a rather uninventive "Dark Version" of Haohmaru, sporting purple skin and an evil nature. He's actually a bloodthirsty demon from the Makai World, and just HAPPENS to look like Haohmaru, whom he then decides to kill. I basically took Haohmaru, and reduced him down to a PL 9 wannabe.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Earthquake! Sieger! Amakusa! Mizuki! Kusaregedo!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, posting these "Sprite Clone" guys feels like such a cheat. But also it feels like actual work- you still have to check out YouTube clips of their fighting styles and everything :). Some mimic the statlines of their originators... but others have totally different MENTAL stats, and are usually more low-skilled. I was initially going to post the Sprite Clones with the originals as I went along... but since the Clones came much later, I didn't want to clog up the major characters with similar guys- I'd hate to post Haohmaru- the top-tier Shodown fighter- and then water him down with the dumb Rasetsumaru. Similarly, Ukyo didn't need Yumeji right behind him.

With the Kazama Brothers... I didn't care so much. Suija & Enja were actually the #3 and #4 Shodown fighters I built, too, so I don't even remember statting them out, lol.
Jabroniville

Gaoh

Post by Jabroniville »

GAOH (Gaoh Kyougoku Hinowanokami)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown V (2005)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown V, V Special & VI
Weapon: Giant Cross-Tipped Spear
Role: Final Boss, Would-Be Ruler
PL 12 (168)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 15 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 11 (+15)
Expertise (Demon) 8 (+12)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+12)
Perception 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Spear), Evasion, Improved Critical (Power Slash), Improved Critical (Spear Barrage), Improved Critical (Spear), Improved Initiative 3, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
Deflect 8 (Extras: Reflection) (Reduced Defenses -2) (14) — [16]
  • AE: “Power Slash” Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: “Spear Barrage” Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 7) Linked to Affliction 7 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (11)
Equipment:
"Cross-Tipped Spear" Strength-Damage +3 (Improved Critical) (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Spear +15 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +17

Defenses:
Dodge +16 (DC 26), Parry +17 (DC 27), Toughness +5 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Weakness (Predictability)- Gaoh cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 42–21 / Advantages: 15 + 12 / Powers: 16 / Defenses: 18 (168)

---

DEMON GAOH (Gaoh Kyougoku Hinowanokami)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown V (2005)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown V, V Special & VI
Weapon: Giant Cross-Tipped Spear
Role: Final Boss, Would-Be Ruler
PL 12 (174)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 15 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 11 (+15)
Expertise (Demon) 8 (+12)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+12)
Perception 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Spear), Evasion, Improved Critical (Phoenix Flash), Improved Critical (Dark Destroyer), Improved Critical (Holy Spirit Slicer), Improved Initiative 3, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
Deflect 8 (Extras: Reflection) (Reduced Defenses -2) (14) — [18]
  • AE: “Power Slash” Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: “Spear Barrage” Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 7) Linked to Affliction 7 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (11)
  • AE: “Fiery Wave” Damage 8 (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Multiattack) (Reduced Defenses 2) (14)
  • AE: Teleport 2 (Fests; Change Direction) (5)
Equipment:
"Cross-Tipped Spear" Strength-Damage +3 (Improved Critical) (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Spear +15 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +17

Defenses:
Dodge +16 (DC 26), Parry +17 (DC 27), Toughness +6 (+7 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Weakness (Predictability)- Gaoh cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 90 / Skills: 42–21 / Advantages: 15 + 12 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 18 (174)

-Gaoh is the final boss of the fifth game, and is based off of Oda Nobunaga. Gaoh turned his back on the Shogun and led a revolt against him, which drew in Yoshitora Tokugawa and his allies. Nobunaga has been treated as a huge villain by Japanese culture for years- he's seen as a rebellious, ambitious (Japanese society frowns heavily upon disharmonious things like these two things), cruel warlord who endangered the very culture of Japan, leading directly to the "Shogunate Period" for 300-ish years, as his successors completed his rule, and took power from the Emperor. Nobunaga's acts of legendary cruelty include burning thousands of people alive in Buddhist temples that vocally disagreed with him). Also, he modernized much of Japan, revolutionized its warfare via the use of muskets, and courted foreign influences- all controversial things. Expect any Japanese fiction to treat him like a Demonic Warlord of Death with no redeeming characteristics (the Tokugawas, who were the "Augustus" to take power from this "Julius", are much more popular.

-Gaoh was a once-loyal general who saw Japan falling into chaos and famine, and took arms against the Shogunate. He was a former mentor of Yoshitora (SS V's Main Hero), but eventually takes arms against him and his fellow Tokugawans. He pleads for Yoshitora to accept his responsibility as Shogun, saving the people of Japan, but does so by fighting him, even making an alliance with a demon! Gaoh was designed by Watsuki Nobuhiro of Rurouni Kenshin fame, and has a very cool, stoic style, with a distinctive weapon that makes him both cool-looking and the perfect level of unrealistic that defines Samurai Shodown.

-His “Demon Gaoh” form is faced in the second round, as is much stronger. An infamously difficult, cheap villain, the demonic version also has one of the greatest Super Moves of all time, jumping off-screen and riding in on a goddamn GLOWING SPECTRAL STEED.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Zankuro

Post by Jabroniville »

ZANKURO (Minazuki Zankuro)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown III (1994)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown III, IV, V Special & VI
Weapon: Huge Katana
Role: Final Boss, Insane Murderer
PL 12 (164)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 11 (+15)
Expertise (Survival) 7 (+10)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+12)
Perception 5 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Chi) 8 (+16)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Katana), Evasion, Improved Critical (Dog Attack), Improved Critical (Multi-Slap), Improved Critical (Teleport Attack), Improved Initiative 3, Minion 6 (Wolf), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Shodown Fighter" Features 1: May Add Weapon Damage to Special Moves [1]

"Special Moves" (Most Have Flaws: Requires Weapon)
"Standard SNK Ground Wave" Blast 6 (Reduced Defenses -2) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: "Power Slash" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Equipment:

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+5 Damage, DC 10)
Katana +14 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Blast +16 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +18

Defenses:
Dodge +16 (DC 26), Parry +17 (DC 27), Toughness +6 (+7 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Destruction)
Weakness (Predictability)- Zankuro cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 50–25 / Advantages: 21 + 12 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 20 (164)

-Zankuro just looks EPIC. An insanely muscular, intimidating figure with a scary "cross-armed" stance, huge katana, and wild hair- this dude looks straight up DEMONIC. Zankuro was a 100% evil douchebag who spends his time wandering around Japan slaughtering people. However, after killing an entire village, he lays eyes on a single young girl, and unwilling to execute her, he realizes the error of his ways- he now becomes a hermit, swearing to only draw his blade to kill worthy opponents in duels. Here he waits, as the girl (actually his own daughter, Shiori) sends Haohmaru against him, while the young boy Shizumaru, himself possessed by a demon, also seeks him out. The two heroes combined are able to kill Zankuro, but he is revived in the next game by Amakusa, and is slain again, this time by Sogetsu Kazama. He reappears in the fifth game's Special edition, and again in the sixth game, which includes EVERYBODY.

-Zankuro is a standard PL 12 SNK Boss, though a bit cheaper than the others, as his fighting style is way less extraordinary than those of the others. It's really just a bunch of varied types of slashes- straight across, a dashing one, an upwards swing... that sort of deal. It's LETHAL and hits like a ton of bricks, but it's very simple.
Jabroniville

Yumeji

Post by Jabroniville »

YUMEJI (Kurokuchi Yumeji)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown V (2003)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown V & VI
Weapon: Nodachi ("Fish-Drying Pole" Sword)
Role: Sub-Boss, Ambiguously Gendered Character
PL 9 (140)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+13)
Athletics 11 (+13)
Close Combat (Sword) 3 (+13)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Samurai) 2 (+4)
Insight 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Katana), Improved Critical (Blast), Improved Critical (Strength-Damage), Ranged Attack 8

Powers:

"Mirror Image" Morph 2 & Variable (Powers of Other Fighters) 2 (Extras: Move Action) (26) -- [29]
  • AE: Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 1) (2)
  • AE: Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cylinder +1/2) (Reduced Defenses 1) (1)
Equipment:

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Katana +13 (+5 Damage, DC 21)
Spider Thrust +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Snowfall Slash +13 (+5 Damage & Affliction, DC 20 & 15)
Blast +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Cylinder Damage +4 Area (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Body Issues)- Yumeji is possibly male or female; nobody says either way. It's implied this might be why the character was booted from their father's school.
Weakness (Predictability)- Yumeji cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time Yumeji tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 11 + 12 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 14 (140)

-Yumeji is an ambiguously-gendered character from Samurai Shodown V, meant to be "whatever you believe Yumeji to be", sporting a long ponytail and a sprite clearly ripped off from the popular Ukyo Tachibana. Yumeji hails from the same school as Ukyo, explaining the similarities. However, Yumeji was kicked out of the school (run by his/her own father), and has since become a minion of Gaoh's, making Yumeji the Sub-Boss of the game. When defeated by Ukyo, Yumeji begs for death; instead, Ukyo slices off part of Yumeji's ponytail, sending them to a nunnery. Yumeji is later said to have beheaded Rasetsumaru.

-In SSV, Yumeji has the Shang Tsung-like ability to mimic the appearances and moves of other fighters, but this is removed in the sixth game. I left it in here for completion's sake. The other moves are mainly taken from Ukyo. As a Sub-Boss/Lieutenant character, I upgraded Yumeji to a PL 9 instead of a PL 8, like other charaters from the V-VI era. However, the stats are pretty much just a lower-grade version of Ukyo's made better by the existence of that Variable.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Amakusa! Mizuki! Kusaregedo! Gaoh! Zankuro!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Intresting fact:Nobunaga is NOT considered a Villian in the Romance Of The Three Kingdoms series of games.In those,he's a Complicated man who feels it's the "Decree of Heaven" that he Rules.One of the main reasons he originally went against the Shogunate was due to how he as ordered to put down The Yellow Turban Rebellion...It was still a total Tool and Certifiably Crazy at the end,but he was never THAT bad...