Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Anguirus! King Kong! Gigan! Manda! Mechagodzilla!)

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:06 pm So Mechagodzilla has 34 TGH with the force field? Damn! What is his defense when immobile? Would it be zero or -5 or something. Forget how the rules work for that.
I think you'd basically automatically hit when he's using it. It's just that he himself can't attack, so it's a purely defensive, protective move.
Jabroniville

Kiryu

Post by Jabroniville »

KIRYU/MECHAGODZILLA (Kiryu/Mechagojira- Heisei Era)
Created By:
Shinichi Sekizawa
First Appearance: "Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla" (2002)
Role: Opposite Colour Villain, Unstoppable Robot, Kid's Wet Dream
Size: 60 meters (198 feet)
PL 16 (262)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA -- AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS -- PRESENCE --

Skills:
Intimidation 16 (+11, +20 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Beam Weapon) 4, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Takedown Attack 2, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Toughness +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 31) [39]

"Mechanical Senses" Senses 4 (Low-Light & Infra Vision, Detect Radiation- Ranged) [4]
"Boot Jets" Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
"Machine" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Absolute Zero Cannon" Blast 24 Linked to Weaken Toughness 16 (Extras: Ranged) Linked to Snare 16 (108) -- [114]
  • AE: "Tracking Missiles" Blast 22 (Feats: Homing 3) (Extras: Penetrating 16) (60)
  • AE: "Explosive Blast" Blast 16 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (78)
  • AE: "Beam Weapon/Flame-Thrower/Short-Range Laser/Missiles" Blast 24 (Feats: Variable Descriptor- Fire/Laser, Extended Range 5- 3,200 feet) (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating 16) (73)
  • AE: "Atomic Line" Damage 16 (Feats: Variable Descriptor- Fire/Laser) (Extras: Area- 240ft. Line +3) (65)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 16 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (48)
  • AE: "Wrist-Blades" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Penetrating 16) (17)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Wrist-Blades +8 (+21 Damage, DC 36)
Ranged Weapons +8 (+24 Ranged Damage, DC 39)
Beam Weapon +8 (+24 Ranged Damage, DC 40)
Absolute Zero Cannon +8 (+24 Ranged Damage, +16 Weaken & +16 Affliction, DC 39, 26 & 26)
Area Attacks +16 Area (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +26 (+16 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Weakness (Robot/Cyborg)- As a machine, Kiryu is more vulnerable to electrical attacks and magnetics than normal Kaiju. He is also under direct control of others at all times- he will shut down if no one is controlling him. It is also vulnerable to attacks on it's pilot, and can go rogue if the DNA "mind" of the original Godzilla awakens.
Disabled (Kaiju)- Kiryu cannot speak to human, nor use his missile-fingers to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -24 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 238 / Defenses: 22 (262)

-Kiryu is a modification of the Mechagodzilla concept for the Millennium series (which featured smaller creatures than the Heisei era that preceded it- they're only a few meters larger than the Showa era's beasts), created from the very bones of the original Godzilla. Kiryu was built to fight the monsters that had attacked Tokyo since Godzilla's demise, but once a NEW Godzilla arrived, its own memories turned against it, and it broke free of the pilot's control and started destroying Tokyo. I've actually seen this movie, but I barely remember it- it was something like 15 years ago. The lady pilot of Kiryu was REALLY cute, though. Kiryu returned to fight in another movie, defeating Godzilla alongside two Mothra larvae, but it refused to slay the beast- it instead said goodbye to its pilot, sinking beneath the waves with Godzilla, allowing it a final resting place, and sparing the King of Monsters.

-Kiryu is the same PL as Godzilla & the original MechaG, with one super-awesome weapon. That Absolute Zero Cannon is freaking TERRIFYING, though, capable of Snaring, Weakening AND Blasting it's victim. Kiryu fought Godzilla to a standstill, and the G-Man only barely won. Curiously, this creature is a resurrection of sorts- the ORIGINAL Godzilla's skeleton and DNA are used as a basis for the creature, causing it to go rogue once.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Rather glad this MG was on our side....99% of the time.That Absolute Zero Cannon is a BEAST if it can connect,as even a glancing blow'd for you to roll.... :shock:
Jabroniville

Titanosaurus

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "ra-ROWR-err-err-err-RR-err-err-err-err!!!!"

TITANOSAURUS (Chitanozaurusu- Showa Era)
Created By:
Yukiku Takayama
First Appearance: "The Terror of Mechagodzilla" (1975)
Role: Random Monster, Oceanic Predator
Size: 60 meters (185 feet)
PL 14 (205), PL 15 (205) Area Attacks
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 13 (+20 Size)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 27) [31]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
"Undersea Creature" Immunity 4 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold, Heat) [4]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Terrorizing Gale" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cone +4) (75) -- [79]
  • AE: "Damaging Storm" Blast 20 (Feats: Extended Range 4) (44)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (42)
  • AE: "Wind Storm" Move Object 15 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cone +4) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (45)
  • AE: "Knockback" Affliction 22 (Strength; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree) (22)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Damaging Storm +6 (+20 Ranged Damage, DC 37)
Knockback +4 (+22 Ranged Affliction, DC 32)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +20 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

Complications: 
Disabled (Kaiju)- Titanosaurus cannot speak to human, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.
Vulnerable (Mind Control/Sonics)- Titanosaurus is easily made a slave by sonic mind control, and can be badly distracted by the same.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 155 / Defenses: 27 (205)

-Titanosaurus was always one of my favourites, which is odd, because he only made a one-shot appearance, as a back-up monster in The Terror of Mechagodzilla, backing up the 'bot against the G-Man to make the struggle appear more difficult. He gave a good accounting of himself at first, but eventually got beaten back, and then was taken out of the fight by humans in a helicopter, using a sonic weapon to destabilize him. Once Godzilla got finished with Mechagodzilla, Titanosaurus got Blasted and ended up tossed back into the ocean, where his final fate was unrevealed. As this was the last (and least-profitable) film of the Showa Era, this was the last we ever saw of Titanosaurus.

-I liked the guy's appearance- a standard Godzilla look with brilliant red, and a super-long neck and fish-scales giving the appearance of an aquatic super-predator. But alas, no more Titanosaurus to be seen, not even a token appearance in Final Wars. It may be due in part to Terror being the lowest-selling Godzilla movie of all time (brought on by the oil crisis of the '70s), but I thought the film was one of the better ones- it's certainly considered one of the better ones in retrospect.

-Titanosaurus is sorta like a mini-Godzilla in many ways- he's big, strong, aquatic, and does a lot of in-close fighting (his entire fight with Godzilla was mainly grabbing each other and pounding away, with the occasional kick sending Godzilla flying for hundreds of feet). He has a few extra tricks, like his Wind Storms- a modification of the Winged creatures' tossing attacks. He can do a Ranged Knockback (he took down GODZILLA with WIND- quite a ways beyond Storm, Linka the Planeteer or even frickin' THOR), a Blast, a Move Object Cone, and a Cone Damage effect that wipes out huge swaths of buildings in a giant Area. He's a bit versatile, and a tricky threat, but mostly is PL 14- Godzilla stats on a worse fighter. He can take the advantage for a bit, but will ultimately come up short.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:28 pm Rather glad this MG was on our side....99% of the time.That Absolute Zero Cannon is a BEAST if it can connect,as even a glancing blow'd for you to roll.... :shock:

yeah but if it misses, there goes most of Kiryu's power
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gigan! Manda! Mechagodzilla! Titanosaurus!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

also, love Titanosaurus.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

If they remake Titanosaur for the King of the Monsters movie,the should base it on the third image.The one that looks like a Red Velociraptor...
Jabroniville

Moguera

Post by Jabroniville »

MOGUERA (Showa Era)
Created By:
Ishiro Honda
First Appearance: "The Mysterians" (1957)
Role: Controlled Machine
Size: 50 meters (168 feet)
PL 14 (181)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA -- AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS -- PRESENCE --

Skills: 
Intimidation 12 (+7, +16 Size)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Toughness +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 27) [29]

"Mechanical Senses" Senses 4 (Low-Light & Infra Vision, Detect Radiation- Ranged) [4]
"Machine" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]

Flight 8 (500 mph) (16) -- [17]
  • AE: Burrowing 9 (30 mph) (9)
"Laser Line" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (56) -- [58]
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (42)
  • AE: "Drill Nose" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 16) (18)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+16 Damage, DC 35)
Drill Nose +7 (+18 Damage, DC 37)
Area Attacks +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 15), Toughness +20 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Weakness (Robot/Cyborg)- As a machine, MOGUERA is more vulnerable to electrical attacks and magnetics than normal Kaiju. He is also under direct control of others at all times- he will shut down if no one is controlling him.
Disabled (Kaiju)- MOGUERA cannot speak to humans, nor use his hands to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -34 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 165 / Defenses: 27 (181)

-Moguera is named Mogera for the Japanese word for Mole, owing to his digging ability. He was a war machine created by the Mysterians (not Captain Scarlet's foes), and attacks Japan. He was beaten when lured onto a bridge set with explosives. "Moguera 2" was created, but also destroyed by a collapsing tunnel.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Showa Moguera also inexplicably appeared in the Godzilla: Monster of Monsters NES game, along with Gezora, despite not being monsters that had appeared in Godzilla films at that point. (Of course, later Heisei MOGUERA would be created, and Gezora appeared as stock footage in Final Wars, but this appearance predates both of those.) They seem to just be filler so that there's more boss enemies on each stage.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:48 am Showa Moguera also inexplicably appeared in the Godzilla: Monster of Monsters NES game, along with Gezora, despite not being monsters that had appeared in Godzilla films at that point. (Of course, later Heisei MOGUERA would be created, and Gezora appeared as stock footage in Final Wars, but this appearance predates both of those.) They seem to just be filler so that there's more boss enemies on each stage.
Toho has never been as concerned about what is or is not “canonical” to the Godzilla series as the fandom. The basic approach seems to be ‘any movie we ever made with a guy in a rubber suit is a Godzilla movie, if we want it to be. If we don’t want it to be, it’s not.’
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, that's pretty clear. I actually watched Godzilla vs. Megalon recently..mostly just for Jet Jaguar, Megalon, and Godzilla's inexplicable flying dropkick, but it was so worth it.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I've been pretty silent on this run because I like the Godzilla verse stuff, but I'm not a huge fan. But Godzilla will always make me smile because it's one of the few things my dad, my boys and myself can all sit down and watch together with smiles on our faces. :D

Plus, not being a fanboy, I am learning a lot during the run and since it's my favorite kind of information, that kind being the type that has no bearing on the real world, I can handle learning something here. Just no more monster size charts, please, that's getting too close to math for my taste. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:00 am Yeah, that's pretty clear. I actually watched Godzilla vs. Megalon recently..mostly just for Jet Jaguar, Megalon, and Godzilla's inexplicable flying dropkick, but it was so worth it.
You can't really watch Godzilla vs. Megalon without the subtitles for the song as put together by this group of expert translators from the Gizmonics Institute.

Yahmmmaahoaahoaaaugh!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:04 am I've been pretty silent on this run because I like the Godzilla verse stuff, but I'm not a huge fan. But Godzilla will always make me smile because it's one of the few things my dad, my boys and myself can all sit down and watch together with smiles on our faces. :D

Plus, not being a fanboy, I am learning a lot during the run and since it's my favorite kind of information, that kind being the type that has no bearing on the real world, I can handle learning something here. Just no more monster size charts, please, that's getting too close to math for my taste. ;)
I keep having to type in the meters into feet in Google, because Green Ronin are RACISTS and only use American units of measurement :). That's math enough for me.

Also, some of these are unchanged from my first 3e builds of them... except that M&M CHANGED THE FRICKIN' SIZES FOR "GROWTH" SINCE THEN, so almost everyone is one rank lower than they were before, resulting in an annoying math change across the board.

And also, when I build the Robots last time, I did the math like they had Stamina scores, when they do not. So those all had to be fixed.

STUPID MATH!
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:45 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:04 am I've been pretty silent on this run because I like the Godzilla verse stuff, but I'm not a huge fan. But Godzilla will always make me smile because it's one of the few things my dad, my boys and myself can all sit down and watch together with smiles on our faces. :D

I keep having to type in the meters into feet in Google, because Green Ronin are RACISTS and only use American units of measurement :). That's math enough for me.
Ummm ... page 224.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."