Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mizuki! Kusaregedo! Gaoh! Zankuro! Moon Knight Builds!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Keep telling yourself that's the ONLY reason jab... :P

I'm a big fan of Pulp Heroes,as i always thought they had a slightly harder time dealing with threats then Iron Man, Cap, or Thor.
Moon Knight, Daredevil, Black Widow, Shang-Chi, even Power Man&Iron Fist to an extent, have a much harder time dealing with Powered Villians than most, owing to them being able to be badly injured or even killed if they make a Mistake...
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I actually really dig his Mr. Knight, suit and tie, look. I'm not usually a fan of the supers using plain clothes, but like The Question, I feel it really works for Marc Spector. In the preview I read, it was cool seeing him wear that "business" suit, while systematically clearing out a gang hideout floor by floor. :twisted:
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Midnight Man

Post by Jabroniville »

MIDNIGHT MAN (Anton Mogart)
Created By:
Doug Moench & Bill Sienkiewicz
First Appearance: Moon Knight #3 (Jan. 1981)
Role: Thief
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (105)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 7
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 11 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+9)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Thief) 8 (+10)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Firearms) 1 (+9)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+9)
Stealth 7 (+12, +14 at Night)
Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Thief Gear, Pistol +4, Black Costume- +2 Stealth at Night), Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Ranged Attack

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pistol +9 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 14 (105)

-Midnight Man is a short-lived Moon Knight foe that acts as a thief who "always strikes at midnight". He is thought-dead in his first appearance (shot by Marlene Alraune and falling off a building), but returns under Raoul Bushman's employ- he is saved from drowning by Moon Knight after Bushman betrays them both. He died of cancer years later, and was revealed to have been the father of Moon Knight's new sidekick, Midnight.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I liked Midnight Man's Concept and look,as he would've been a great recurring villian (especially if they'd kept his kid Mid-Knight as Spector's Crime Fighting partner).But,just like his name,The Midnight hour has passed......
Jabroniville

Midnight

Post by Jabroniville »

MIDNIGHT (Jeff Wilde)
Created By:
Chuck Dixon & Russ Heath
First Appearance: Marc Spector: Moon Knight #4 (Sept. 1989)
Role: Wannabe Sidekick, Killer Cyborg
Group Affiliations: The Secret Empire
PL 9 (130)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 7
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Athletics 2 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Thief) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+3)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Evasion, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Cybernetic Enhancements"
"Rocket Boots" Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
"Extendible Arms" Elongation 2 (Flaws: Limited to Arms) [1]
Laser Blast 8 [16]
Protection 3 [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Laser Beam +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 11 (130)

-Midnight, the son of Midnight Man, was trained by his father, but accepted his father's dying wish to not use his training for crime. He attempted to atone for Mogart's wrong-doing by teaming with Moon Knight, who was a bit reluctant to adopt a "Sidekick". He was captured by The Secret Empire and turned into a powerful cyborg agent of theirs, and was seemingly killed in the cap-off to the big story-arc (which was left abandoned by Chuck Dixon after his Moon Knight run ended early, leaving Al Milgrom to rapidly scribble out a finale in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man instead, which is an odd use of what's supposed to be a top-tier book, but hey- it was the '90s). He largely disappears from comics after this, though is resurrected and killed at least once more, as Moon Knight grudgingly kills his old pupil in order to let his spirit rest. I guess Midnight goes down as a failure since this would-be superhero is now a Killer Cyborg.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:58 pm I liked Midnight Man's Concept and look,as he would've been a great recurring villian (especially if they'd kept his kid Mid-Knight as Spector's Crime Fighting partner).But,just like his name,The Midnight hour has passed......
The evil midnight robbery what robs at midnight!
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

The Profile

Post by Jabroniville »

THE PROFILE (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Charlie Huston
First Appearance: Moon Knight #2 (July 2006)
Role: Cold-Hearted Mercenary, Profiler
PL 4 (80), PL 5 (80) Defenses
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+7)
Perception 3 (+7)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Profile Divination"
Enhanced Skills 10: Insight 10 (+14) [5]
Senses 4 (Precognition) (Flaws: Limited to Individual He's Looking At) [2]
Senses 2 (Vision Counters Illusion) [2]
Mind-Reading 6 [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- The Profile appears to do his thing only for the profits.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 5 (80)

-The Profile has the unique ability to "read" people at a glance, figuring out everything about them intuitively. Hired by The New Committee in order to get Moon Knight to become their personal assassin, he is detached and amoral regarding his job. The Committee's plan fails, as Moon Knight is reinvigorated by their plot rather than defeated- Moon Knight later hires The Profile himself, using him to track down Midnight. He appears in other Moon Knight-centric stuff, being hired by The Hood, Norman Osborn and even an evil version of Daredevil in order to track down Moonie and others.

-The Profile showcases no fighting skills, but his ability to read others appears supernatural in effect.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I dug The Profile at first. He seemed to have a unique, non-combat ability, which doesn't get a lot of run in the comics. But he's gotten around pretty well over the past few years, which is surprising.

Moon Knight seems to have a Doom Patrol following amongst Marvel fans. Most comic review sites I check always give the series high marks but it never sells that well.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Morpheus

Post by Jabroniville »

MORPHEUS (Robert Markham)
Created By:
First Appearance: Moon Knight #12 (Aug. 1981)
Role: Forgotten Villain
PL 10 (110)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+6)
Intimidation 9 (+9)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Startle

Powers:
Immunity 1 (Need For Sleep) [1]

"Ebon Energy"
"Psionic Blast" Blast 10 (Extras: Alternate Save- Will, Perception-Ranged) (40) -- [41]
  • AE: "Telepathic Nightmares" Affliction 10 (Will; Fatigued/Exhausted) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Limited to Sleeping Targets) (30)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Psionic Blast -- (+10 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Nightmares +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge)- Morpheus wishes to kill Doctor Alraune for transforming him into a monster.
Prejudice (Freak)- Morpheus is all bumpy and looks like a vampire.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 14 (110)

-Robert Markham was given Psionic powers and a hideous appearance from an experimental drug meant to cure him of a rare condition. Calling himself Morpheus (after the Greek God of Dreams, not the DC character), he tries to punish the Doctor who gave him the drugs, and is defeated by Moon Knight. His powers eventually develop further, allowing him to give people nightmares, and tries to seek revenge on both of his enemies- the Doctor sacrifices himself to cancel out Morpheus' powers. He's a bit tricky, as he's got two far-reaching things, and can also give people nighmares, which... doesn't have a lot of battlefield applications, but I guess can make a lot of people very tired.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So with today's set of builds, we have the clearest indication of why Moon Knight always fails: THESE ARE HIS BIGGEST VILLAINS. Just some regular douches. You can't have a great book without a great Rogues Gallery, and this guy has squat for villains.

Today's set also shows why I did a "Moon Knight"-themed set when I did- when assessing which builds to do for the Marvel Alphabet set(s) I've been doing, the "M" names showed a handful of Moonie-themed guys posted only on Ronin Army. As Moon Knight HIMSELF starts with "M", too, I figured I'd just post them all as part of that set. But the more I looked at it, the more I figured he could kind of have his own set. Then, while checking out random names for the last Marvel set I did, I checked out Marlene Alraune as one of the many "Regular Person's Name" characters on my To-Do List. And, realizing that she, TOO, was a Moon Knight character, I figured "the hell with it" and statted them out right away.

Another big reason for this set is because I was gearing up for a Disney Set, and that's going to take a LONG time to get through. Last time I statted up Disney, it took about two months straight, if not more. I don't know how fast I'll be posting them this time (as the builds aren't new, I MIGHT post them faster, but it depends on how well they do; if I get no comments, I'll post them faster), but that's quite a ways to go with no comic-themed builds, since I just did Samurai Shodown.

So there you have my unnecessarily-complicated reasoning for posting three days of Moon Knight builds between two larger sets :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Funny thing I noticed while looking at my "Archive" set:

A (Aardwolf to Azure)
B (Baal to Byrrah)
C
D
E (Earthforce to Ezekiel Sims)
F
G (Gaea to Gypsy Moth)
H (Haechi to The Hypno-Hustler)
I (Icarus to Ixchel)
J (J2 to Juston Seyfert)
K (Kade Kilgore to Kylun)
L
M
N (Nakota to Nyx)
O (Oblivion to Oya)
P
Q (Quagmire to Quoi)
R (Rabbit to Rusty Collins)
S (Sabra to Syphon)
T (Tag to Tyrant)
U (Ulik the Troll to Utgard-Loki)
V (V-Battalion to The Vulturions)
W (Walker to Wyre)
X (X-23 to X.S.E. Officers)
Y (Yandroth to Yu-Ti)
Z (Zaladane to ZZZXX)

I wanted to make it look like the Official Handbooks, so I threw in the first and last-named character for each letter. But because of Marvel's glut of characters, the names are always completely obscure losers :). I think X-23 is the only big character on here. Next up is like... J2 or Gaea. Imagine putting the names on the cover, like old comics used to- "Oh, MAN! I HAVE to pick up THIS copy! It starts with Walker, and ends with WYRE!"
Jabroniville

Deadzone

Post by Jabroniville »

DEADZONE (John DeZoan)
Created By:
Terry Kavanagh & James Fry III
First Appearance: Moon Knight #47 (Jan. 1993)
Role: Forgotten '90s Villain
PL 9 (126)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 2 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Agile Feint, Improved Critical (Truncheon), Improved Initiative 2, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Weapon Bind

Powers:
"Adamantium Truncheon" (Flaws: Easily Removable) (Features: Unbreakable) [5]
"Whip" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 3) (5) -- (6 points)
  • AE: "Thrown Weapon" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Ranged 5) (Flaws: Non-Returnable- Must Go Get It) (5)
"Pain Is No Longer An Enemy"
Impervious Toughness 3 [3]
Immunity 3 (Pain Effects, Sedatives) [3]

"Overloading Electrical Field" Damage 9 (Fortitude Save +0) (Inaccurate -1) [8]
Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split, Takedown 2, Reach 3) (Extras: Fortitude Save +0) (Flaws: Removable- Requires Truncheon) [4]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Truncheon +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Thrown Truncheon +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Electrical Field +9 (+9 Fortitude Damage, DC 24)
Field With Truncheon +11 (+7 Fortitude Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +6 (+14 Telepathic)

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +6 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Killing)- Deadzone is a serial killer, and gets off on pain and suffering.
Enemy (Moon Knight)- Deadzone's first opponent was Moon Knight.
Enemy (Tombstone)- Deadzone briefly moved in on Tombstone's territories.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 27 / Defenses: 12 (126)

-Deadzone is a typical '90s super-villain- a convicted serial killer sentenced to die, only to be resurrected when a power-outage (caused by Moon Knight) mixed with the sedatives in his bloodstream to turn him into an electrical-powered guy. He stole one of Moon Knight's whips as a major weapon and then underwent the usual "New Villain Push", beating the hell out of Marc Spectre several times (using electricity to stun him) until Moonie finally got one over on him, wearing an insulated costume and knocking him out. Tombstone, who'd been losing territory to the villain, tries to kill him, but Moon Knight intervenes, being attacked by both, but he finally KO's Deadzone once and for all. He hasn't been seen since- Moon Knight did not have a particularly-good run in the '90s, and was mostly forgotten, as was this newbie '90s villain of his.

-Though he only showed up a few times, he was no laughing matter- HANDILY defeating Moon Knight a few times before he learned from his mistakes and put on an insulated uniform. His electrical powers have made him stronger, faster and more dangerous than most, and his Overloading thing has the unique effect of affecting his enemies' pain and pleasure centres, essentially overloading them to death. I went with a Fortitude Damage thing (+0 Extra, since I can think of very few characters whose Fortitude is lower than their Toughness) since it's almost more of a descriptor for how people die. He has a unique trick in that his Truncheon (stolen from Moon Knight, back when he was using Adamantium gear for EVERYTHING) allows him many more Power Feats, which are effectively all under one "Limited" boost to his base powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Black Spectre

Post by Jabroniville »

THE BLACK SPECTRE (Carson Knowles)
Created By:
First Appearance: Moon Knight #25 (Nov. 1982)
Role: Angry Veteran, Mirror Image Villain
PL 9 (120)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Politics) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+7)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Equipment 3 (Weapons Arsenal- Swords & Stuff), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Sword), Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Mace, Sword & Axe +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Destroying New York)- Knowles feels let down by the system, and wishes to tear it apart.
Responsibility (The Agent of Seth)- Carson is an Agent of Seth, an evil Egyptian God of Douchebags.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (120)

-Another "Disenfranchised Veteran" character, Carson Knowles decided to take his frustrations out on the city of New York, and ran for Mayor while also copying Moon Knight as "The Black Spectre" (unrelated to the organization Daredevil fought in his own book). He was naturally beaten, then teamed up Bushman & Morpheus in a Villain Team, but was beaten again. He wouldn't reappear until MUCH later under Moench's pen once more, and would later meet his end (after framing Moon Knight for a series of murders by carving crescent moons into his victims) by a more murderous Marc Spector, on national television. A deranged NYPD officer attempted to become a new Black Spectre, but was swiftly beaten.

-The Black Spectre is basically just a regular guy who's a good fighter and uses a Weaponmaster gimmick, much like Zaran. He's been seen wielding gigantic maces (the head of a mace generally isn't a FOOT IN DIAMETER, but hey- it's comics), smaller maces, an axe and a sword, so he's got most of his bases covered in combat, making up a pretty good PL 9 fighter.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
greycrusader

Re: Jab's Builds! (Zankuro! Moon Knight Builds! Midnight! Morpheus!)

Post by greycrusader »

Cripes, but Moon Knight really DOES have a weak-sauce roster of foes! Not as embarrassingly bad as Cage's (with the exception of a tiny few, like Chemistro), but as forgettable as Iron Fist's definitely (one memorable one before the modern era is Steel Serpent). Most aren't really terrible, but...they're almost all one-shot (or at most one story-arc), non-powered, minor-league mercs, crime bosses, serial killers, terrorists, or hi-tech thieves. Most even just use conventional weapons, rather than any kind of specialized gear or inventions. This DOES make a certain sense if its true Doug Moench intended him to be a Pulp Hero type-because characters such as Doc Savage, The Shadow, and the Spider rarely fought anyone twice, and were always more colorful than their opponents.

Still, MK really DID have a strong run in the late 1970s/early 1980s-if you count his B&W back-up stories, then he enjoyed a four year run, followed by appearances in the West Coast Avengers, a mini-series, and then a five year series. Pretty decent as characters created AFTER the Silver Age go (only a handful have endured since that era).

I'd almost think with Moon Knight's connection to Khonshu, his origin involving an actual werewolf, his rather eerie costume and such, that a successful approach might move him to an occult investigator and monster hunter, going up against evil cultists, mad scientists conducting experiments on the homeless, psychopaths with bizarre motifs, and so on, even using Morpheus as a sort of Freddy Kruger figure. Basically moving him away from the Batman analogue role to a more distinctive position in the MU.

All my best!
Jabroniville

Bora

Post by Jabroniville »

BORA (Anzhela Federova)
Created By:
Tony Isabella & Kevin Nowlan
First Appearance: Moon Knight #35 (Jan. 1984)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: The Avant Guard

-Bora was a mutant who could create arctic winds via spatial rifts. She was also seven feet tall (droooooooooooooooooooll....), ruining her chances of being a ballerina. She troubled Moon Knight, who had to call in the X-Men and Fantastic Four for help. Years later, she allied with two other weirdos, Spark & Painter, against Spider-Man- this ended when she and Spark, who were lovers, were turned into a painting by their ally. She is stated to have lost her powers after M-Day.