Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Stiletto

Post by Jabroniville »

STILETTO (Tom Stuart)
Created By:
Tony Isabella & Billy Graham
First Appearance: Hero For Hire #16 (Dec. 1973)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (112)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Close Combat (Knives) 3 (+11)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 1 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Throwing Knives) 3 (+10)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Knives), Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Knife-Tossing Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [12]
"Knife-Chucker" Blast 4 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Multiattack) (13)
Protection 1 (1)
-- (14 points)

"Knife Array" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [14]
"Noxious Gas Knives" Affliction 5 (Fort; Dazed & Impaired/Disabled & Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition, Area- 15ft. Cloud +1/2) (Diminished Range -1) (17) -- (22 points)
  • AE: "Tear Gas Knives" Affliction 5 (Fort; Impaired Vision & Dazed/Disabled Vision & Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition, Area- 15ft. Cloud +1/2) (Diminished Range -1) (17)
  • AE: "Standard Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
  • AE: "Thrown Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Ranged 3) (Diminished Range -1) (3)
  • AE: "Cryo-Knife" Snare 4 (Diminished Range -1) (11)
  • AE: "Explosive Knife" Blast 6 (Extras: 15ft. Burst +1/2 for 4 Ranks) (Diminished Range -1, Inaccurate) (12)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Knives +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Throwing Knife +10 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Noxious Gas +5 Area (+5 Afflictoin, DC 15)
Cryo-Knife +10 (+4 Ranged Affliction, DC 14)
Explosive Knife +8/+4 Area (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 Costume), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 12 (112)

-Stiletto (with a name like that, you'd expect a Femme Fatale villainess, not a dude in red tights) is yet an other in a long line of silly-ass Luke Cage villains. He was a smart kid who fell off the tracks at some point (he was fired from Seagate Prison when Luke Cage made his escape), and became a generic hired criminal, recruiting his little brother as "Discus"- another Gimmick-User. He did well enough against '70s Cage, but by the '80s he was a joke- being completely ineffectual against guys like Iron Man, and failing to kill Spidey and the New Warriors despite the help of a half-dozen other villains like Rhino & Hydro-Man.

-Stiletto is, of course, named for a distinctive, thin type of knifeblade, which is used exclusively for stabbing (as opposed to slashing). The shape of the blades would eventually give rise to the same name being given to a type of heel in women's shoes- nowadays, of course, "Stilettos" are infinitely more recognizable as heels than they ever were as blades, and I'd imagine most didn't realize the origins of the term.

-Stiletto's a PL 7 because he's so one-note and bad, but he's got your typical Gimmick Guy versatility, and he makes his caps almost everywhere (PL 4 defenses though, like most Jobber Villains). He's accurate in melee with the knife, and +10 at range, and can get more accurate if necessary. Still, he's just a background dude in fights these days.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Tai Cheetah, Foxy Roxy, Dali Llama! Luke Cage!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:35 pm
DISCUS (Tim Stuart)
Created By:
Billy Graham!? You can’t possibly mean...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham_(comics)

So... not the guy Jack Kirby considered the most dangerous man in America :).
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Stiletto is, of course, named for a distinctive, thin type of knifeblade, which is used exclusively for stabbing (as opposed to slashing). The shape of the blades would eventually give rise to the same name being given to a type of heel in women's shoes- nowadays, of course, "Stilettos" are infinitely more recognizable as heels than they ever were as blades, and I'd imagine most didn't realize the origins of the term.
Let’s just say my mother was extremely confused when I was gushing on Facebook about how happy I was with the pair of custom-made $1,000 stilettos I ordered had finally arrived in the mail from Italy.

I mean, I think they’re sexy.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:47 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:35 pm
DISCUS (Tim Stuart)
Created By:
Billy Graham!? You can’t possibly mean...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham_(comics)

So... not the guy Jack Kirby considered the most dangerous man in America :).
I was hoping for this guy
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Yeah, he'd have the dastardly plan of talking up Marvel for years then badmouthing them when they stop sending checks.

Then he'd go after Ronda Rousey.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

I interrupt this thread to bring you this important message from Twitter

November 16th, Netflix

For the Honor of Grayskull!

That is All.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

If you’ll excuse me, I have to go recite my “Please don’t suck.” prayers for the next six months.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

kreuzritter wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:29 pm I interrupt this thread to bring you this important message from Twitter

November 16th, Netflix

For the Honor of Grayskull!

That is All.
That couldn't POSSIBLY look more inspired by modern cartoons. Why don't they just call it She-Ra Versus The Powers of Evil , lol.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

She looks kinda young, but I'll give it a shot. I know my wife will because she's nuts over She-Ra and He-Man related stuff
Jabroniville

Big Ben

Post by Jabroniville »

BIG BEN DONOVAN
Created By:
Steve Englehart
First Appearance: Luke Cage, Hero For Hire #18 (Oct. 1973)
Role: Huge Criminal
PL 7 (74)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+5)
Expertise (Religion) 1 (+3)
Expertise (Law) 3 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 1 (+3)
Persuasion 1 (+4)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed)

Powers:
"Huge Size"
Reach 1 [1]
Features 1: Increased Mass [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Relationship (Son)- Little Ben is estranged from his father, but Big Ben still put money aside for him.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 8 (74)

-Big Ben is one of those rarities in comics- a guy who's borderline superhuman due to his sheer size (he looks to be at least three heads taller than DAREDEVIL in some shots), yet remains a normal human being along the lines of The Kingpin or Imus Champion. He's a one-time Luke Cage foe who ended up becoming a bit of an ally (respecting Cage for beating him in hand-to-hand), defending people as a lawyer at times, but he was used a few other times against other heroes- he snapped when his brother was killed by agents of the Maggia, becoming a criminal once more. He still sought Cage's help occasionally, but was eventually just a background villain, once working for Tombstone (alongside Bengal and Bullet), but the Black Widow took him down. He showed up in jail, again teaming with Tombstone, but he and others jobbed to THE KANGAROO. Another time, he was made to confess to a murder he didn't commit in order to save his Suddenly-Introduced Son's life, but was saved by Dakota North & Matt Murdock before he could be executed.

-Big Ben was even seen in an Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes episode as a minion of Crossfire's! And then in the Marvel Netflix shows, he's actually a crossover character of sorts, acting as a criminal defense lawyer working for The Kingpin, Black Mariah and others, showing up in Daredevil and Luke Cage.

-One shot shows him dressed like a Prison Muslim, so I gave him some expertise in Religion, but other than that, he's a simply-built super-heavyweight fighter, pushing Superhuman Stats at PL 7 brawler levels.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Yeah, it just seems odd how so many Cage villains from the 1970s just somehow have minor super-strength, enough to hang with Luke back in the early days of his career. No explanation given at ALL-Big Ben Donovan, Cottonmouth, Mangler, Boris....like, shouldn't these guys either have had origins for their powers, or even just some sort of simple "super-steroids" or something?

Then again, in the MU, getting power-armor, bionics, or some super-soldier elixir seems to be totally routine for even minor villains.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

greycrusader wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:33 pm Yeah, it just seems odd how so many Cage villains from the 1970s just somehow have minor super-strength, enough to hang with Luke back in the early days of his career. No explanation given at ALL-Big Ben Donovan, Cottonmouth, Mangler, Boris....like, shouldn't these guys either have had origins for their powers, or even just some sort of simple "super-steroids" or something?

Then again, in the MU, getting power-armor, bionics, or some super-soldier elixir seems to be totally routine for even minor villains.
70's Cage used more Power Lifting than actual Super-Strength,so alot of his early enemies that had Peak Human Strength could make a decent Go of it.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Well, it was certainly a different design decision to turn She-Ra into a boy.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
statue345

Post by statue345 »

Ares wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 am Image

Did you just assume She-Ra's Gender?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ares wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 am Image

From this pic alone, i'd Assume it was a Boy too if i didn't know the Lore or watched the Original Show.That's why they had He-Man on for 2 Seasons BEFORE they made She-Ra,so they could set it up....