Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Jacqui! Kitana! Mileena! Jade! Skarlet! Jobbers!)

Post by Jabroniville »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 pm Ah. Martial Champion indeed had Titi, known as Chaos in the United States. Their concept is based off of the "hopping vampire" of some Asian countries such as China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzCdTSeB3M
Holy Jesus- how have I never heard of this game? It fits all the criteria- coming out on the heels of Street Fighter II, having a mix of horrible and boring character designs, and being more or less a forgotten blink in history. This is TOTALLY going on the "To-Do List" :)!
Shock

Post by Shock »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 pm Ah. Martial Champion indeed had Titi, known as Chaos in the United States. Their concept is based off of the "hopping vampire" of some Asian countries such as China.

Yep, that's the guy. Was definitely Titi in the arcade version. No way I would have remembered a generic name like Chaos.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Shock wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:16 pmYep, that's the guy. Was definitely Titi in the arcade version. No way I would have remembered a generic name like Chaos.
And I got it backwards. The original name for the Egyptian Princess character was Titi and the hopping vampire was Chaos. They swapped the two in International (including the US) releases to avoid the obvious joke about naming a scantily clad girl "Titty".

Just to let you know, Jab, as the first fighting game Capcom released after the success of SF2, and one they didn't follow up on, there's not a lot of background info to work from, although there are numerous videos of people playing it. ^_^ The other one I mentioned, Power Instinct, is much more fleshed-out.

I remember playing Martial Champion in an arcade. Titi was indeed my preferred character. I liked the look of them, and they came with a weapon.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:53 am

Holy Jesus- how have I never heard of this game? It fits all the criteria- coming out on the heels of Street Fighter II, having a mix of horrible and boring character designs, and being more or less a forgotten blink in history. This is TOTALLY going on the "To-Do List" :)!
Also, if I've never recommended Tattoo Assassins to you, I really should. It's an unreleased, horrible Mortal Kombat Klone, which was made by Data East's pinball division! Also, strangely enough, there's a boss called Prizm who is quite a bit like the Marvel character, to the point that he shatters just as easily.
slade the sniper

Re: Shang Tsung

Post by slade the sniper »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:14 am Image
Why those pictures? This is one of the very few times I shall disagree with your choice of pictures...
This is Shang Tsung

And, if you are taking requests...Tekken, Soul Calibur and of course Killer Instinct.

-STS
Jabroniville

Baraka

Post by Jabroniville »

BARAKA
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat II
Total Appearances: MK II, MK 3 (Trilogy only), MK: Deception, MK: Armageddon, Mortal Kombat 2011, MK vs. DC Universe, MK 11
Role: Mook-Boss Villain
PL 8 (127)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Akrobatics 7 (+13)
Athletiks 5 (+8)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+5)
Expertise (Tarkatan Soldier) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 6 (+7)
Stealth 1 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Kritical (Blades) 2, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown, Tracking

Powers:
"Tarkatan Senses" Senses 1 (Acute Scent) [1]
Features 1: May Regrow Limbs Or Reattach Severings [1]

"Flying Shard" Blast 3 (Feats: Accurate) (Flaws: Takes Move Action) (4) -- [6]
  • AE: "Tarkatan Blades" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) (3)
  • AE: "Chop-Chop Blades" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Takes Move Action on Multiattack) (3)
Features 2: Uses Tons of New Moves as Finishing Attacks [2]
"Babality"
"Friendship!!" (Gift Box)
"Animality: Giant Vulture Eats Torso"
"Decapitate With Blade"
"Lifts Enemy With Blades, and They Slowly Slide Down"
"Severs Limbs By Pulling Torso Out"
"Uppercuts Head Off, Then Places on Blade"
"Chest Stab"
"Lifts With Blade, Then Spins While Cutting Limbs Off"
"Slices Apart"

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Tarkatan Blades +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Flying Shard +13 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Komplications:
Responsibility (The Emperor or Outworld)- Baraka respects power, and is easily led by others- be it Shao Kahn, Onaga, or Mileena.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 12 (127)

Baraka- Elite Mook:
-What with the second Mortal Kombat tournament taking place in Outworld, it made sense than more of Shao Kahn's personal Mooks got to be involved in the actual fighting. So since the first game only had Kano & Sub-Zero as selectable villains (unaffiliated to the main Bad Guy), we now added Baraka & Mileena to the mix against Earthrealm's defenders. Baraka himself is a Tarkatan, one of the main Generic races of Outworld, essentially making him the boss of the Mooks, like one of those video game bosses who's just a bigger, badder version of the baseline henchmen you have to kill. The games reflect this- he has no real character or personality, and is just an easily-beaten minion.

-What I think about every time I see Baraka, is my best friend from Middle & High School, who though this guy was the most bad-ass villain EVER, and repeatedly brought him up. He wrote fictional stories where Baraka was the best fighter in Mortal Kombat, and imagined him & Mileena as some ass-kicking duo of gross lovers (wow, five years on and I've completely forgotten that. Weird). What's too bad is that Baraka never really got a personality or a rivalry in MK, meaning that he ultimately never mattered to the overall story- he's just some bad guy who showed up and lost. This is probably why he didn't appear in Mortal Kombat 3 (about the ONLY GUY who didn't from MK II, actually- the entire rest of the cast was revamped for the next one), and still skipped two more games after that, in addition to being a pretty nameless fighter who dies with two Henchmen while fighting Liu Kang in the Mortal Kombat: Annihilation movie.

-Early versions of Baraka included what eventually became Kabal (ninja with hookswords), and a huge-ass guy with Doomsday-style arm spikes, who I thought was RAD and turned into my own fictional comic-verse's Mega-Villain (making him look like a Maul/Doomsday rip-off anyways). Eventually, they just found a Nosferatu mask, painted it and added fangs, and we had our clawed Wolverine-style Bad Guy. Hilariously, his gut-ripping Fatality was deemed TOO GORY (for MORTAL KOMBAT), and of course saw life as Kabal's Fatality in MK's 2011 reboot.

Original Kontinuity:
-Baraka was just a generic bad guy- the leader of the Tarkatan Hordes. He plotted with Mileena to rule Outworld themselves, but she was killed by Kitana, and Kahn lost another way. Baraka instead moved off on his own, missing the next THREE GAMES (MK 3, 4, Deadly Alliance) before finally making a comeback, though he appeared in the final MK 3 collection. He returned in MK: Deception, finally finding a new master in Onaga, the Dragon King. Curiously, he appears in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe as a bad guy.

New Kontinuity:
-Again, Baraka is just a glorified Mook. An utter Jobber, he loses to Johnny Cage, Cyrax, Jade, and more, generally being Shao Kahn's dumbest and worst minion. He favors Mileena as Shao Kahn's heir, and allies with her in the backstory of Mortal Kombat X... but is utterly destroyed by the New Villain Stink of D'Vorah, who tears his innards out with her stingers, and mashes them to a pulp. Baraka reappears in MK 11, via Kronika's time-disruption- one of the "deeper cuts" of the older characters, given his ignominious demise as an NPC last time. He loses to Kotal Kahn, then allies with Kronika as a loyal Mook yet again. However, when given the chance to redeem himself by Queen Sheeva, he allies with the Tarkatan hordes and joins her side.

Baraka's Stats:
-Baraka was low-tier in MK II, because he could never move while doing any of his attacks, and his attacks were relatively weak (the Multi-Claw thingie didn't aim well- it's low to the ground and points up), but is alright stats-wise. He's much weaker without his Blades (a paltry PL 7.5!), and boosts a full level up while using his Special Moves, has a Multiattack (though it's relatively poor compared to others since he has to just sit there), and a Blast, but ultimately ends up alright, but less powerful than the elite fighters.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Shang Tsung

Post by Jabroniville »

slade the sniper wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 pm
Why those pictures? This is one of the very few times I shall disagree with your choice of pictures...
This is Shang Tsung
And, if you are taking requests...Tekken, Soul Calibur and of course Killer Instinct.

-STS
I was looking for one where he was doing a bad-ass martial arts stance or something, but Comicvine didn't have any of them :).
KorokoMystia

Re: Baraka

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 pm BARAKA
I always throught Baraka was cool,and he is a good source of Mooks in his Tarkatan soldiers. But, man, he's such a Jobber, to the point that he was used to introduce the Alien into MK (via a Chestburster coming out of him), which angered Baraka's fans, I assume.

Also, I noticed that the Predator was absent from the To-Build list. Are they still getting built?
FuzzyBoots

Re: Jab’s Builds (Kitana! Mileena! Jade! Skarlet! Jobbers! Shang Tsung!)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Under fun bits of trivia, Baraka's teeth were made from Lee's Press-on Nails. Big budget games, you know.
Jabroniville

Nitara

Post by Jabroniville »

NITARA
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Total Appearances: MK: DA & Armageddon
Role: Nobody Who Disappears Quickly
PL 7 (107)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletiks 4 (+6)
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 1 (+13)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Blood Spit" Blast 4 (Diminished Range -1) [7]
"Wings That Rarely Get Used" Flight 3 (16 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [3]

Features 1: Uses New Moves as Finishing Attacks [1]
"Feast of Blood- Standard Vampire Bite"

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Komplications:
Motivation (Getting the Orb)- An Orb keeps her realm attached to Outworld- she wishes to destroy it, gaining freedom from punishment at last.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 13 (107)

-Nitara is a vampiric demon who seeks total power for herself, not allying with the other evil characters. She appeared only in MK: Deadly Alliance and Armageddon, skipping out on the intervening game, so she wasn't overly popular, despite dressing skimpily. Granted, that's kinda not the way to stand out in this franchise. I chalk it up to her goofy storyline involving her getting Reptile & Cyrax to get her some goofy Orb that separates her realm of Vampires from Outworld. In Armageddon, she is given a feud with Ashrah, who is exterminating vampires because of her magic Kriss that is controlling her mind. In a Konquest mode, she talks almost exclusively in references to 1980s rock bands ("I will watch every step you take", etc.). Like most vampires, she is vulnerable to sunlight, but only that of Earthrealm.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Re: Jade

Post by Arkrite »

Ares wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:30 am Kind of reminds me of the reasoning behind the Phantom Lady costume.

"Do you really think a set of goggles over your eyes is really going to keep anyone from figuring out who you are?"

"Please. No one is going to be looking at my face."

Though that would make sense how Power Girl has a secret identity while not doing anything to disguise her face in either guise.
Power Girl has a face? :shock:
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jade

Post by Ares »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:00 am
Ares wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:30 am Kind of reminds me of the reasoning behind the Phantom Lady costume.

"Do you really think a set of goggles over your eyes is really going to keep anyone from figuring out who you are?"

"Please. No one is going to be looking at my face."

Though that would make sense how Power Girl has a secret identity while not doing anything to disguise her face in either guise.
Power Girl has a face? :shock:
Don't feel bad, it's a DC 30 Will Save vs Distraction to notice.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Goro

Post by Jabroniville »

GORO
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat
Total Appearances: MK I, MK 4, MK: Deception (GameCube Exclusive), MK: Armageddon, MK 2011, MK X (DLC)
Role: Sub-Boss, SNK-Style Boss
PL 10 (155)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletiks 6 (+13)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Arkane Lore) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Shokan Survivalist) 6 (+7)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 11 (+13)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 2 (+13)
Perception 7 (+8)
Ranged Kombat (Fireball) 6 (+14)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit 2 (Ambidexterity, Prince of the Shokan), Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Fireball" Blast 6 (12) -- [13]
  • AE: "Ground Pound" Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliktion 10 (Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Distracting, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) (10)
  • AE: "Untamed Fury" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 7) (Flaws: Grab-Based 7) (3.5)
"Shokan Physiology"
"Four-Armed" Extra Limbs 2 [2]
"Long Arms" Reach 1 [1]
"Death From Above" Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Immunity 1 (Heat) [1]
"Draco Senses" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

Features 2: Uses Tons of New Moves as Finishing Attacks [2]
"Stabs Opponent in Chest & Throat"
"Tears Limbs Off"
"Snaps Spine Over His Knee"
"Tears Head Off, Then Quarters It"
"Rips Off Enemy's Legs, Then Arms, Then Vertically Rips Body in Half"

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Fireball +14 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Ground Pound +5-10 Area (+5 Damage & +10 Affliktion, DC 20 & 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +7, Fortitude +10, Will +6

Komplications:
Motivation (Kicking Ass)- Goro isn't the most in-depth of characters. In most kontinuities, he just hurts people.
Responsibility (Ego)- Goro is so confident that he'll beat his opponents that he'll often just sit there and flex his muscles in the middle of a match.
Hatred (The Centaurians)- The Shokan and Centaurians are ancient enemies, and constantly struggle for dominance.
Enemy (Dan Hibiki)

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 26 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 18 (155)

Goro- The UItimate Sub-Boss:
-Goro. I loved Goro. Everyone did. He was the TRUE symbol of the first game, one of the first sub-bosses (known on TV Tropes as "The Dragon") who REALLY beat the living crap out of you (much like the earlier Sagat). He was WAY more of a beast than Shang Tsung ever could be, and he looked way the hell cooler, too. Classic "Nintendo Hard" stuff like an unblockable leaping attack, super-damaging moves, and ridiculous amounts of defensive power teamed up with crazy speed to make a mini-boss terrifying- he's one of the hardest Fighting Game bosses to not come from SNK's legendary "SNK Boss" stables. It's amazing it took them three sequels to bring the bastard back from the dead, though in their defense, they tried to go cooler with Kintaro (and it worked- I loved him even more than Goro, because he had 1990s TIGER STRIPES), and again in MK3 with Sheeva, but in the end, they had to go back to the original Big Man. It's truly bizarre how long it took for them to make him PLAYABLE, too. That was baseline Fighting Game stuff by a certain point, and Mortal Kombat was always hesitant to allow it.

-He ruled in the movie too, with Frank Welker doing his roars, and his goofy-ass animatronic face. He beat the CRAP out of "Disposable Minority Buddy" Art (seriously, it was like a pro wrestling match between a 360-lb. guy with a manager, mascot animal, pre-match outfits and theme song versus Duane Gill from the local gym), killing him for Shang Tsung, and only got killed because Johnny Cage had a REALLY good Agile Feint. And also he punched Goro square in the Shokans.

-Goro only appears in MK I, 4 and Armageddon for real (he's a GameCube exclusive to a middle game), which is odd considering how big a deal he was- MK just didn't like to re-use Sub-Bosses. The most iconic moment for many of us here, however, would be his infamous loss to DAN HIBIKI in our Fighting Game Tournament several years ago :). There, I managed to biff roll after roll, allowing L-Space's Dan to score a handful of key hits, even Goro's +7 Toughness faltering after 5-6 shots in a row. Given that there's three full Power Levels between the two men, that's a bit crazy. But it was hilarious, and totally made up for the fact that literally every single person got bored of dice-rolling by the time the first round was over, and the tourney died on the vine (poor L-Space felt so guilty that he bailed that he avoided me for WEEKS- not realizing that I was doing the same thing!).

Original Kontinuity:
-Goro is the Grand Champion of Mortal Kombat, having killed Kung Lao generations ago on behalf of Shang Tsung, allowing the two to become immortal warriors. He was eventually defeated by Liu Kang, and thought to have died. It was three games later when he finally reappeared, showing up in MK4 to fight Kang once more. He again failed, but joined his fellow Shokan in their race against the Centaurians. However, Princess Kitana organized a peace treaty between the two warring races... which nearly fell apart when this generation's Kung Lao arrived and challenged the Shokan Prince. But after one blow from his razor-hat to Goro's chest, both men considered the score settled- a ceremonial blow- and they shook hands.

-The Shokan now allied with the Edenians, they marched on Shao Kahn's weakened army, where Goro was killed by a sneak attack from Noob Saibot. However, he was raised from the dead by Shao Kahn, with the promise of the return to glory for the Shokan. Goro agreed, and helped Kahn become Emperor once more in MK: Armageddon, before the world ends.

New Kontinuity:
-The story is much the same- Goro has one nine straight Mortal Kombats, and one more will allow Outworld to merge with Earth. He is defeated by Liu Kang, but survives- appearing in Shao Kahn's throne room later. He is later beaten by Kung Lao (who thus avenges his ancestor). Both he and Kintaro later lost to Cyber Sub-Zero. He does not appear in the story of MK X, but is Downloadable Content, and is said to have allied with Mileena's army against Kotal Kahn- with the promise that she will lift the Shokan to their former glory. However, in the comic series, he is maimed by Kotal Kahn, who severs each of his four arms, then taunts him by refusing him a merciful death. He makes a deal with the villain Daegon, suggesting it involves Onaga (the boss of the middle MK games).

Goro's Stats:
-Goro's a beast, much more than the 'lowly' PL 8.5-9.5s who make up the rest of the cast. Goro is nearly as strong as Spider-Man, so he hits like a truck, can grapple multiple people or just punch the crap out of someone he's BEAR-HUGGING, he can leap, he can throw a mean Fireball(much higher than the rest of the cast), Trip anyone at close range, etc. He's immortal so long as he's still Grand Champion of Mortal Kombat, too, so at times he could gain the Immunity to Aging. Goro's focus towards power and toughness means that getting through him is a HELL of a challenge for the Kombatants, 90% of whom max out at +4 damage for their strongest attacks. Even Power Attacking they're only a bit above his Toughness, and HE can ALSO use Power Attack.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Baraka

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 pm BARAKA
I always throught Baraka was cool,and he is a good source of Mooks in his Tarkatan soldiers. But, man, he's such a Jobber, to the point that he was used to introduce the Alien into MK (via a Chestburster coming out of him), which angered Baraka's fans, I assume.

Also, I noticed that the Predator was absent from the To-Build list. Are they still getting built?
Yeah, I'm building all the Horror-themed add-on guys, plus Kratos.

Regarding future Fighting Game builds, ones that never even got RELEASED might be a little too obscure to be worth tracking down, so I can't promise anything on those. Even Primal Rage 2 required more or less a guessing game based off of move names.
Spectrum

Re: Nitara

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:54 am Image
I might not be reading this picture correctly. Is that knife directly against the femoral artery? What is the odd phallic shadow next to it?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.