Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

MOGUERA

Post by Jabroniville »

M.O.G.U.E.R.A. (Mobile Operation Godzilla Universal Expert Robot Aero-Type- Heisei Era)
Created By:
Ishiro Honda
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla" (1992)
Role: Crapper Mechagodzilla
Size: 120 meters (396 feet)
PL 15 (196)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA -- AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS -- PRESENCE --

Skills:
Intimidation 12 (+7, +18 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 22 (Str & Toughness +22, +22 Mass, +11 Intimidation, -11 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -22 Stealth) -- (380 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [45]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 27) [29]

"Mechanical Senses" Senses 4 (Low-Light & Infra Vision, Detect Radiation- Ranged) [4]
"Machine" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]

Flight 8 (500 mph) (16) -- [17]
  • AE: Burrowing 9 (30 mph) (9)
"Laser Line" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (60) -- [65]
  • AE: "Spiral Missiles" Blast 18 (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating 16) (52)
  • AE: "Lasers" Blast 21 (Extras: Penetrating 16) (58)
  • AE: "Chest Maser Cannon" Blast 23 (Extras: Penetrating 16) (Flaws: Distracting) (39)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
  • AE: "Drill Nose" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 16) (18)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Drill Nose +7 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Lasers +6 (+21 Ranged Damage, DC 36)
Spiral Missiles +6 (+18 Ranged Damage, DC 33)
Maser Cannon +6 (+23 Ranged Damage, DC 37)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +24 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Weakness (Robot/Cyborg)- As a machine, MOGUERA is more vulnerable to electrical attacks and magnetics than normal Kaiju. He is also under direct control of others at all times- he will shut down if no one is controlling him.
Disabled (Kaiju)- MOGUERA cannot speak to humans, nor use his hands to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -34 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 190 / Defenses: 27 (196)

-MOGUERA... really isn't that great. Basically a replacement for Mechagodzilla (the creators didn't want Godzilla to team up with the last guy to kick his ass, since they might overwhelm their new foe), he was two vehicles that combined into one robot with drills and lesser-Mechagodzilla abilities. He aided Godzilla tremendously against SpaceGodzilla (blowing up a crystal spire with his Spiral Missiles), but got himself blown up for his troubles against one of the most powerful Kaiju of all time.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gigan! Manda! Mechagodzilla! Titanosaurus!)

Post by Batgirl III »

There are two types of countries in the world: those that use the metric system and the one that invented the Batman.

(If you want to get really nutty about math, ask me to explain ton versus tonne versus tun versus long ton versus short ton versus metric ton versus ISO ton. If you want bonus levels of Cthulhu Mythos type insanity on top of that I’ll explain how that all differs from tonnage.)
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:48 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:45 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:04 am I've been pretty silent on this run because I like the Godzilla verse stuff, but I'm not a huge fan. But Godzilla will always make me smile because it's one of the few things my dad, my boys and myself can all sit down and watch together with smiles on our faces. :D

Plus, not being a fanboy, I am learning a lot during the run and since it's my favorite kind of information, that kind being the type that has no bearing on the real world, I can handle learning something here. Just no more monster size charts, please, that's getting too close to math for my taste. ;)
I keep having to type in the meters into feet in Google, because Green Ronin are RACISTS and only use American units of measurement :). That's math enough for me.
Ummm ... page 224.
That doesn't help with the Growth chart, since Growth assumes you start at -2 Size or whatever, and doesn't increase in size like the. Toho websites all list monster heights in meters, so I have to figure out the size in feet.
Jabroniville

Jet Jaguar

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "*clang*-*shirrrrrrrrr!!* *clang*-*shirrrrrrr!!*"

JET JAGUAR (Jetto Jaga- Showa Era)
Created By:
Jun Fukuda
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. Megalon" (1973)
Role: Ultraman Rip-Off, Heroic Robot
Size: 1.8 to 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 14 (213)
STRENGTH
3/19 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+8, +17 Size)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Set-Up

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Toughness +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Strength -2) [35]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 25) [27]

"Mechanical Body" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
"Robot Senses" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
Flight 10 (2,000 mph) [20]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Giant-Size Smash" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (42) -- [43]
  • AE: "Eye Lights" Environment 3 (120 feet) (Light 2) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Area Attacks +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +20 (+13 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +8

Complications:
Disabled (Kaiju)- Jet Jaguar cannot speak to humans.
Power Loss (Giant Size)- Jet Jaguar must replenish his energy occasionally, and may not become gigantic indefinitely.

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 158 / Defenses: 30 (213)

-Jet Jaguar's really... kind of sucky. Really, they just took the success of Ultraman and Mazinger Z to heart, and made their own rip-off of him, complete with martial arts moves and goofy posing. There's a reason he's rather unpopular in the Kaiju fandom. He was apparently the result of a 1972 contest to create a new hero for them to use, inspired by such superhero shows. "Red Alone" was turned into "Jet Jaguar" for his feature debut, which was soon called Jet Jaguar (vs) Megalon. However, Toho got cold feet over debuting an unproven character against a new monster, and so they stuck Godzilla & Gigan into it as partners to the hero and villain, respectively.

-Jet Jaguar was created by an inventor, but stolen by the Seatopians so they could destroy Earth, along with their God, Megalon. However, the inventor regained control, and got JJ to fetch Godzilla from Monster Island, and the two fought Megalon and Gigan, eventually fending off the two creatures. Jet Jaguar shrank back to human size, and never reappeared in another film- even in Final Wars!

-Jet Jaguar's a thinking robot who can grow ultra-big from human size, so he has regular ol' Growth (dropping two Strength ranks from the "baseline" increase, but I didn't feel like statting that out as a flaw since Growth is kind of a points-cheat anyways). He's more of a martial artist than the usual Kaiju, earning him a totally different Advantage set-up than is normal. He's PL 14, losing some Area Damage than the more sizeable Kaiju can pull off (he's rather skinny).
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I kind of liked Jet Jaguar as an unambiguously good guy (at least when not under alien control), and while he could use a little re-design, I actually kind of dig the guy.

Funny enough, in a recent IDW Godzilla series, Jet was treated as basically the Superman of the setting and primary hero of humanity, being the all around badass on the side of good. How badass?

He knocked Godzilla the fuck out with ONE PUNCH. And this was after taking a combo of atomic breath to the face and getting tail-smashed for good measure. Jet just gets back up, KTFO's Godzilla, flies his unconscious body into the middle of the ocean, and drops him off. :shock:
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

As for Gigan

:shock:
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

FINALLY got around to watching the Series Finale of Once Upon A Time. MAN that last season was a slog.

Those those unaware, the show basically ended its main plot last season, but was unexpectedly (apparently) renewed by ABC for another season, as its ratings were still making it profitable. So the writers basically did a "Post-Script Season" where the characters had their minds wiped and were living a NEW life in Seattle (as opposed to the show's main setting), necessitating everyone slowly getting their memories back. Oh, and most of the main cast was gone, leaving us with a handful of disparate old characters (Regina, Hook, Gold/Rumple), a new actor playing an old character (grown-up Henry), and then a series of totally new characters.

But the pacing was INSANE for this. First off, a huge part of the story was that most of the characters didn't remember anything... except Rumple did. Then Regina got hers back. But they KEPT STALLING on the other characters, up until they had a couple episodes left, and then suddenly they're blasted out like nothing, meaning the 18-odd episodes they've built up over "when will Henry & Ella realize they're family?" arc both lasts too long for us to care, AND is over so soon that it's glossed over! Never mind that the actors never really had chemistry to begin with. And a bunch of potentially interesting characters never actually had an effect on the plot- the Princess and the Frog cast come off like they weren't even part of the story, but someone was told to include them anyway- kind of a waste, given that we had DOCTOR FACILIER as a potential bad guy (wiped out without mattering), and that Tiana is played by one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen on television.

Also, a whole season where the magically-powered characters can't do magic? LAME. Oh, and they killed this half-season's villain a couple episodes early, then were left with Evil Rumplestiltskin as the bad guy. And Good Rumple had gone back to the dark-ish side so many times that his character lost all meaning.

I really need to watch the first seasons (I naturally didn't start watching until Elsa & Anna showed up), because that's when the show really had more of a pulse and was popular. And most of the popular Disney characters showed up. Having watched the last four seasons, I'm struck at how little some characters appeared, and how many we never saw again- quick arcs for Merida, Mulan, and others. Plus some of the backstory will make much more sense- it was several season before I figured out who Balefire was and why he was important.
Jabroniville

Biollante

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote #1: "RRRRAAAAAIIIIEERRRRRAAAARRRRRHHHH!!!! weeooweeeeh!!"

Quote #2: "It's SUH-UH-UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHPER TI-I-I-I-I-IMMMMME!!!"

BIOLLANTE (Biorante- Heisei Era)
Created By:
Shinichiro Kobayashi
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs.Biollante" (1988)
Role: Super Plant
Size: 120 meters (396 feet)
PL 16 (279), PL 17 (279) Area Attacks
STRENGTH
22 STAMINA 20 AGILITY -4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 12 (+10, +22 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Ambidextrous), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 22 (Str & Sta +22, +22 Mass, +11 Intimidation, -11 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -22 Stealth) -- (380 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [45]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 31) [35]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Sentient Plant"
Immunity 4 (Suffocation, Heat, Poison, Disease) [4]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [1]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Multiple Tendrils"
Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]

"Radioactive Sap" Blast 23 (Feats: Extended Reach 4- 1,600 feet) (Extras: Secondary Effect) Linked to Weaken Toughness 15 (Feats: Reach 4) (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects) (122) -- [125]
  • AE: "Multiple Biting Tendrils" Blast 20 (Feats: Accurate 2, Extended Reach 4- 1,600 feet, Indirect 4- Any Direction) (Extras: Multiattack) (70)
  • AE: "Tendril Flail" Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (68)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (51)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+23 Damage, DC 38)
Sap +8 (+23 Ranged Damage, DC 38)
Multiple Tendrils +12 (+20 Ranged Damage, DC 35)
Area Attacks +17 Area (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +24 (+16 Impervious), Fortitude +20, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Biollante cannot speak, nor use her limbs to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -6 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 224 / Defenses: 35 (279)

-Now THIS is a freaking Kaiju design! When I first saw this thing in a friend's Godzilla bio-book (that lists all the Kaiju, as well as the films they were in, circa 1995 or so), I was amazed. A bizarre hybrid of Godzilla and Audrey II from The Little Shop of Horrors ("Downtown... where the folks are broke! DOWNTOWN... where your life's a joke!"), Biollante was hilariously described as the Kaiju with the most "realistic" origin, since it had the story of a scientist merging his daughter's DNA (to preserve her soul, of course- and how many frickin' scientists with beautiful daughters does this series NEED? And DEAD ones, too!) with a rose, which he then merged with some government stuff, AND added Godzilla's DNA to it. And wouldn't ya know it, but this thing soon escaped and grew super-huge.

-Godzilla, being a huge ass, decided to attack it on principle (I don't think it'd even done anything by that point), and the resulting knock-down drag-out nearly killed both of them, but she tried the classic "put the guy with the breath weapon in your mouth" trick, which NEVER works, and that was the end of Biollante, save for a large rose flying around the atmosphere.

-Biollante is a PL 16 super-heavyweight, matching Godzilla all over the place, with attacks that alternate between super-accuracy (it's semi-sentient Tendrils can attack with impunity from nearly all directions- it's Indirect x4 and Accurate x2, as well as Multiattacking) and super-damage (+23 damage for it's Sap and Unarmed damage, beyond even Godzilla's given the thing's HUGE size). It's Area Effects do even more damage than is normal, cutting through nearly anything with ease, and makes it a +17 creature in that regard (have fun fighting it with human-size creatures that all fit under 120-foot templates, is what I'm saying).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:54 am There are two types of countries in the world: those that use the metric system and the one that invented the Batman.

(If you want to get really nutty about math, ask me to explain ton versus tonne versus tun versus long ton versus short ton versus metric ton versus ISO ton. If you want bonus levels of Cthulhu Mythos type insanity on top of that I’ll explain how that all differs from tonnage.)
I thought...

"Tun" and "long ton" both referred to a weight of 2240 lbs. or 160 stone.
"Metric ton" or "tonne" is a weight of 1000 kilograms, or about 2205 lbs.
"Short ton" is 2000 lbs.

In the U.S., "ton" usually refers to a short ton, but it could refer to any of the above. Elsewhere in the world, it could refer to any of the above.

I have no idea on ISO tons.

Tonnage, I believe, is the capacity of a boat (lakes) or a ship (ocean) rated in how many tons it can carry. Which type of ton, I'm not sure, but I'd guess in long tons.

How am I doing?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:10 am
Davies wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:48 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:45 am
I keep having to type in the meters into feet in Google, because Green Ronin are RACISTS and only use American units of measurement :). That's math enough for me.
Ummm ... page 224.
That doesn't help with the Growth chart, since Growth assumes you start at -2 Size or whatever, and doesn't increase in size like the. Toho websites all list monster heights in meters, so I have to figure out the size in feet.
1 meter = 3.28084 feet
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ares wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:27 am As for Gigan

:shock:
and after that he military pressed him over head and chucked him into the air a few hundred feet for Godzilla to blast...so yeah....Jet's pretty damned strong
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gigan! Mechagodzilla! Titanosaurus! Jet Jaguar!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

As for Biollante....it's time for another story.

I had heard of this one for a while from my neighbors, and it was a big deal for me. Godzilla 1985 had been the last Godzilla movie released as far as i knew and that ending.....look when you're three and your personal hero drops into a volcano.......just damn man.

But there was hope now! And in the summer between my 5th and 6th grade year, my entire family gathered in Ohio for my cousin's wedding. I'm telling you, this was a huge gathering. My aunt and uncle had to be driven crazy by how many people were there all week. I think this was also the summer Jurassic Park came out so there was ALOT of dinosaur related stuff on tv, so us kids that camped out in the living room to sleep always had something to watch.

I perused TV Guide alot in those days. My skimming allowed me to figure out when things like Frankenstein Conquers The World and Vampire Hunter D were on to tape them. And I saw Godzilla vs Biollante was going to be on Cinemax!

My aunt and uncle didn't have cinemax.

But their neighbor, who was also my uncle's cousin, did, and he was happy to let me come over and watch it as I was usually the best behaved and me and my cousins.

I loved it and when we got home from Ohio, it came on Cinemax again and this time I taped it on the same tape as the Wizard of Oz and Godzilla 1985. poor Red Sonja was taped over....and nothing of value was lost.

but yeah, Biollante, cool design, never heard of its supposed Norse myth (less that doctor was referring to Yggdrasil), and Godzilla attacked it because...well they were the same creature on some genetic level being made of the same cells (just like War of the Gargantuas). and essentially Biollante was calling Godzilla out the moment she sensed his presence too.

As for their final battle, I always saw it as kind of a draw. Godzilla certainly didn't win, given he was drugged with anti-nuclear bacteria that slowly rendered him unconscious. But Biollante didn't really come away a winner either given how Godzilla's breath had an adverse effect on her. she just survived, scattering back into space

and then maybe making Space Godzilla (seriously, look at their faces and the 'scatter' when Space Godzilla dies)....except it couldn't be given time travel....except that didn't matter to the story as someone was dead when time should have been rewritten so that event didn't happen and I've gone cross-eyed.

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah: TIME TRAVEL DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Jab, do you have any recollection of the name of your friend's kaiju guide? My son has been looking for one for a couple years and we've never found anything like it (in English, anyway). I assumed this would have been an easy thing to find, but no.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:23 pm Jab, do you have any recollection of the name of your friend's kaiju guide? My son has been looking for one for a couple years and we've never found anything like it (in English, anyway). I assumed this would have been an easy thing to find, but no.
A quick search revealed this, which I'm 90% sure is the book in question. It's been years, though: https://www.amazon.com/Official-Godzill ... B2YGPEQE3X
Jabroniville

Ookondoru

Post by Jabroniville »

OOKONDORU (aka The Giant Condor)
Role:
Background Monster, Totally Not My Roc Build With The Growth Changed
First Appearance: "Ebirah- Horror of the Deep" (1966)
Size: 45 meters (150 feet)
PL 12 (148)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 15 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+5)
Close Combat (Natural Weapons) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 11 (+17 Size)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 2, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended, Ultra & Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Natural Weapons- Talons & Beak" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Penetrating 12) [15]

Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]

"Natural Size" Growth 17 (Str & Sta +17, +17 Mass, +8 Intimidation, -8 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -17 Stealth) -- (150 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [35]

"Wing Sweep" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (48) -- [50]
  • AE: "Wing Storm" Move Object 12 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Cone +3) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (36)
  • AE: "Wing Storm- Knockback" Affliction 12 (Strength; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 240ft. Cone +3) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree) (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Natural Weapons +6 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Wing Storm +12 Area (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Wing Sweep +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +15, Fortitude +15, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Birds cannot speak to humans, nor use their talons to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -12 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 109 / Defenses: 27 (148)

-Appearing with no origin story or reason, the Giant Condor simply appeared in Ebirah- Horror of the Deep, attacking Godzilla out of nowhere. It was nothing but a speed-bump, however, and Godzilla one-shotted it with his Atomic Breath, sending its burning corpse falling into the ocean below. HOLY SHIT I NEED TO SEE THAT NOW. Pretty much the same thing happened in All Monsters Attack's dream sequence, as well. Humorously, his suit is the same one used for Rodan in the older films- it's simply been redesigned multiple times.

-At PL 12, this is little more than a nuisance to Godzilla.