Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Michelle Chang

Post by Jabroniville »

MICHELLE CHANG
Role:
"You Killed My Father!" Girl, Native American Fighter
First Appearance: Tekken
Total Appearances: Tekken 1-2, Tekken Tag Tournament 1-2
PL 7 (92)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+13)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+7)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:
"Can Still Throw Big Guys" Power-Lifting 1 (200 lbs.) [1]
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Special Moves +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge)- Michelle seeks revenge on Heihachi Mishima for murdering her father, an old agent of his.
Responsibility (Amulet)- Michelle's Amulet is considered to be highly important to various individuals, who hunt her for it. The amulet eventually awakens Ogre, the God of Fighting.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 12 (92)

-A peculiarity in the Tekken series for many reasons, Michelle Chang is an odd example of the Japanese tendency towards making minorities (to them) biracial (usually with a Japanese parent) in order to make them more... I dunno, palatable? Understandable? Relatable? to Japanese audiences. As so our Native American fighter is actually Half-Chinese, though looks like a white girl for the most part. And, despite being part-Native, she has no magical powers or foresight or whatever. Michelle's father was once one of Heihachi's agents, sent to find a treasure on Native American land- he instead found love, and married Michelle's mother. Then, years later, Heihachi had the man murdered- Michelle joined the first King of the Iron Fist Tournament for revenge. She opposed Heihachi's agent Ganryu, who himself fell in love with MICHELLE. In Tekken 2, Michelle discovers that her amulet is sought by Kunimitsu, Kazuya AND Heihachi, and Kazuya even kidnaps her mother in order to guarantee her participation in the next tournament.

-Then, strangely for this series (which does a LOT of repetition of characters), Michelle vanishes from the narrative- in her place is a Generation Xerox- an adopted daughter named Julia, whom she found abandoned. Naturally, Julia copies Michelle's fighting style exactly, and even LOOKS like her- it's as if the series didn't want her "sullied" by actually having sex, so she just had to find a kid. Michelle herself is kidnapped by Heihachi in Tekken 3, with her amulet being used to awaken Ogre, the God of Fighting. Michelle has not appeared in the canon since then, though it's believed that she's still alive. Most of the other female characters either didn't age in the decades-long span between Tekken 2 and 3, disappeared (only reappearing in Tekken Tag Tournament, a non-canon game), or had a Xeroxed child. Naturally, all the men just got older.

-An early character who does not reappear, Michelle is stuck at PL 7. Her attack pattern was based off of quick, rapid-fire jabs and other strikes, which would be chained together to make for a higher-damage output than her very small frame would imply. This complicated attack pattern (based off of Xin Yui Liu He Quan & Baji Quan) made her quite difficult to master. She was one of the only early characters to have a "Sidestep" manuever- now standard issue.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Microchip! Saracen! Barracuda! Tekken- Steve Fox!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Something of note: In the animated OVA, Michelle uses a tomahawk (because stereotypes) She's even able to use it in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 if you equip the item to her! (The later games customization lets you equip items and weapons, and they aren't even just for show, since they can actually be used with a specific button command, even guns! Though I'd only give ranks of Ranged Attack to people who actually use ranged weapons in canon.)
Jabroniville

Julia Chang

Post by Jabroniville »

OH GOD SEXY NERD GODDESS

JULIA CHANG
Role:
Fighting Environmentalist, Generation Xerox (With Michelle)
First Appearance: Tekken 3
Total Appearances: Tekken 3-7, Tekken Tag Tournament 1-2, Tekken X Capcom
PL 8 (115)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+13)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+11)
Expertise (Archaeology) 6 (+11)
Perception 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+9)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:
"Can Still Throw Big Guys" Power-Lifting 1 (200 lbs.) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Special Moves +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Michelle- Mother)- Julia fights to save her mother in the third tournament.
Motivation (The Environment)- Julia wishes to reforest much of the Earth, and protect as much of its environment as possible. This takes so much precedence with her that she often ignores the interactions of others, such as Ganry (she is oblivious of his love for her).

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 15 (115)

-Since older women are EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW in Japanese society, Tekken 3 had some choices to make with its female cast: either kill them, drop them from the story, or put them into suspended animation so they could be young and sexy forever. And so Jun Kazama croaked, Michelle Chang was dropped, and the Williams sisters went into suspended animation. Michelle's adopted daughter replaced her- curiously, Julia still resembles her mother. Michelle is abducted by Heihachi in order to summon Ogre, the Final Boss of Tekken 3, and so Julia goes to investigate. After rescuing her mother, Julia became an adventuring Environmentalist, working with various labs in order to reforest much of Arizona. In Tekken 6, she joins the fight to prevent global destruction from all the Mishimas.

-As a recurring character, Julia is much more capable than Michelle is, and smarter, too, given her career. Their fighting styles are the same, which means she pulls out some of the craziest shit from "Joshi Puroresu" (Japanese women's wrestling), including the insane JAPANESE OCEAN CYCLONE SUPLEX (a back-arching throw with the opponent pulled onto one's shoulders).
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Microchip! Saracen! Barracuda! Tekken- Steve Fox!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

And as of Tekken 7, Julia is also a pro streamer (which is kinda meta, considering how prominent streaming FGC tournaments is now), as she streams her fights online in order to gain donations to her reforestation fund.
Jabroniville

Ganryu

Post by Jabroniville »

GANRYU
Role:
Sumo Wrestler
Total Appearances: Tekken 1-2 & 5-6, Tekken Tag Tournament 1-2
PL 8 (89)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+11)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Michelle Chang)- Ganryu fell head over heels in love with her, worshipping her from afar. She finds him a disgusting pig.
Relationship (Julia Chang)- Finding her similar to Michelle, Ganryu pursues her next. She turns down his proposal.
Motivation (His Restaurant)- In the sixth tournament, Ganryu fights to put the word out regarding his failing sumo-themed Restaurant.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 11 (87)

-“Sumo Wrestler” is a somewhat rare character type in Fighting Games- odd, given the existence of E. Honda in the highly influential Street Fighter II- there are dozens of Guile and Bison knockoffs, a ton of Chun-Li rips, and Ryu is quite possibly the most directly copied character in video game history (an industry rife with “well, if THEY did it...”). It just never caught on- there’s only a few I can think of. Tekken’s only example is the short, stocky Ganryu.

-Ganryu was banned from sumo for fixing fights. Unable to make a living, he hooked up with Heihachi Mishima’s organization, becoming one of his goons. In the first game, he was a throwaway character fighting Yoshimitsu. Working for Kazuya in the second game, he’s matched up against, and falls in love with, Michelle Chang. Michelle, of course, considers him a gross whoremonger.

-Appearing in later games, it’s said he returned to sumo after the ban was lifted, becoming the youngest ever Rikishi. However, he misses two straight generations of the series, only reappearing in the fifth and sixth games, where he... chases after Julia Chang, noticing her similarities to Michelle. Yeah, this guy’s a pretty one-note character. He helps her with some forest-saving Macguffin, which she gratefully accepts... but she turns down his proposal of marriage. In his most recent appearance... he gets the “Capcom Origin” of Fighting To Make His Restaurant Famous.

-Ganryu actually appears fairly often, missing about half the series. A minor character, his stars aren’t terrific, but he has a very fun fighting style for a fat guy, hitting wrestling moves like Powerbombs and stuff. Much more than your typical sumo.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Saracen! Barracuda! Tekken- Steve Fox! Michelle & Julia Chang!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Doing Tekken builds is of course a big challenge in terms of the rate and timing of posting. I don't wanna post too many, but many builds are QUITE similar, so there's a struggle.

Determining the posting order was REALLY difficult, as there are over seventy guys, many of whom of varying importance... but also a lot of people who really HAVE to be posted close together. As the most important characters in the cast are all members of the same family, that's tricky. Plus I wanted to post the Laws, Changs, Kings, Jacks, Animals, and Williamses together, creating further issues with posting too many strong or weak characters in a row. I mean, if I posted the Mishimas one after another... that's 50% of the Main Eventers of the series right there. So I can't do THAT- especially since they have related characters like Kuma, Lee, and others.

So I re-did my "Posting List" like three times, and I'm FINALLY satisfied with it :). Though of course there's weird bits like Steve Fox being first (I normally want to wait on characters who debuted later on), etc. But now we can see some showcasing of the various types of builds- a PL 7 Small Fighter (since Michelle doesn't fight in the later canon), her PL 8 successor (since she shows up more), a PL 9 Semi-Main Eventer, and a Powerhouse character. Just a BIT of versatility so I'm not just posting endless PL 8 +2/+14 fighters over and over again (Tekken has a lotttttttttttttttttttttt of those guys).

Re: the notes-

* That's interesting about Steve Fox. And funny that Namco would have an amateur/dabbler do the moves of a character :).

* Yeah, the "Weapons & Gear" stuff about the Tag Tournament games always took up a big chunk of their Tekken Wiki bios. Very annoying to sort through :).
FuzzyBoots

Re: Jab’s Builds (Saracen! Barracuda! Tekken- Steve Fox! Michelle & Julia Chang!)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:40 am * That's interesting about Steve Fox. And funny that Namco would have an amateur/dabbler do the moves of a character :).
Yeah. The other quirk that keeps coming up is that the first Tekken was only partially motion-captured, with a decent amount of it being hand-animated, which means not all of the movements (Yoshimitsu obviously, but Baek was apparently pretty bad too) are physically possible, or make physiological sense as offense.
Woodclaw

Re: Michelle Chang

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:59 am -A peculiarity in the Tekken series for many reasons, Michelle Chang is an odd example of the Japanese tendency towards making minorities (to them) biracial (usually with a Japanese parent) in order to make them more... I dunno, palatable? Understandable? Relatable? to Japanese audiences.
I don't want to generalize, but there's often a massive nationalistic -- sometimes even racist -- streak in Japanese pop culture. This is especially prevalent in movies, partially due to the difficulty of getting foreign-born actors. For example, the American congresswoman in Shin Gojira was, in fact, half-Japanese.
Comics and cartoons are all over the place, in no small parts thanks to Osamu Tezuka, who was a notorious anti-racist and addressed these issues in numerous works (just look at Black Jack, the main character has a graft of dark-colored skin because the only person willing to make some sacrifice was his African-American buddy).
What I try to appeal through my works is simple. The opinion is just a simple message that follows: "Love all the creatures! Love everything that has life"! I have been trying to express this message in every one of my works. Though it has taken the different forms like "the presentation of nature," "the blessing of life," "the suspicion of too much science-oriented civilization," anti-war and so on.
-- Osamu Tezuka
Videogames are often an unhappy middle ground. Some of them get a really varied cast (Metal Gear Solid), others stick to stereotypes like crazy.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Japan at least as far as ive seen it has gotten better about that actually, Mostly due I feel to the rise of a number of English VAs who've really expanded the craft of Dubbing. People like Nolan North Tara Strong, Liam Obrien Travis Willingham Laura Bailey Mary McGlinn and many others to name, have all become iconic in their own right by voicing popular series and speaking in Japan and working there to promote the series.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Bruce Irvin

Post by Jabroniville »

BRUCE IRVIN
Role:
Kazuya's Goon
First Appearance: Tekken 2
Total Appearances: Tekken 2, Tekken 5-6, Tekken Tag Tournament 1-2
PL 8 (96)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+12)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Militia Member) 7 (+7)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Working For Kazuya)- Bruce makes a living working for Kazuya.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 10 (96)

-Bruce is something truly special and unique- a guy who's been in video games for twenty-three years, yet is almost a completely flat character, just kind of doing whatever. First appearing in Tekken 2, he is simply one of Kazuya's goons, having been recruited after beaten an opponent to death after being told to throw the fight. His flat nature means that he's missed several games in the series, as after his debut, he didn't appear in a main title until three games later! Though he looks cool and tough, he's one of the most generic "Muay Thai Guy" fighters in Fighting Games, representing a pretty simple archetype, as that fast & lethal style produces a lot of "guys in shorts with their wrists and ankles taped up" in terms of designs.

-In Tekken 2, he's simply an agent of Kazuya's, fighting Lei Wulong as his Sub-Boss (Lei's partner had been killed in a plane crash caused by Bruce fighting an assassin of the bookie who wanted him to throw the fight). In Tekken 5, he reappears having heard that his boss is still alive. He fights on, planning to assassinate any rivals to Kazuya, including his son Jin.

-Bruce is, quite oddly, one of the VERY FEW black characters in the Tekken series, and the only one until Raven. His fighting style is somewhat mimicked by Bryan Fury, who went on to become much more popular.

-As a guy who skips out on numerous generations of the series, Bruce isn't quite a full PL 8 to me, but he's close- about PL 7.5 in most respects. Despite that, he's actually quite potent when you play him, as the direct, violent nature of Muay Thai gels extremely well with Tekken's hard-hitting style. Using many knees and elbows, Bruce is hard to counterattack and throw, and he specializes in "poking" away at the enemy's health over time.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

keep 'em coming Jabward.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Bruce Irvin

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 pm BRUCE IRVIN
Eric Jacobus as Bruce Irwin

And his notes:
Breakdown - As most of you probably know, Bruce's movelist is 99% Muay Thai. When I posted a training video that included Bruce's #39 move "Anjaneya" people thought I was doing Eddie Gordo's movelist. But the Anjaneya kick isn't just some Capoeira ripoff. It looks like it was modeled after the roll spike in Sepak Takraw, a leg-based Thai version of volleyball. Bruce also has an obligatory back handspring, which I modified into a back whip because doing a back handspring in gloves wasn't working. The rest of his arsenal is straight Muay Thai, with some older Muay Boran moves thrown in, like that knee and elbow sandwich. You could run an aerobics class with this movelist.
Jabroniville

Kazuya Mishima

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

KAZUYA MISHIMA
Role:
Major Character, Main Antagonist, Upstart Son, Evil Businessman
Total Appearances: Tekken 1-2, Tekken 4-7, Tekken Tag Tournament 1-2, Street Fighter X Tekken, Namco X Capcom
PL 10 (136)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Deception 4 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+17)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 9 (+12)
Expertise (Business) 8 (+11)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit 4 (Wealth), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Startle

Powers:

Offense:
Unarmed +17 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +15 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (For the Evulz)- Kazuya is even more merciless and cruel than his father was- as ruler of the Mishima Zaibatsu, he has people killed for his own amusement, and declares the second King of the Iron Fist Tournament for the sole purpose of killing his rivals.
Enemy (Heihachi- Father)- Kazuya learned when he was a child that Heihachi killed Kazuya's own mother, Kazumi, and resolved to do anything he could in order to murder the old man. Especially after Heihachi threw him off a cliff as a boy in order to toughen him up.
Responsibility (The Devil Gene)- Kazuya accepted the Devil's power in order to kill Heihachi.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 14 (136)

-The Main Character of the first Tekken game, the ambitious Kazuya Mishima ended up becoming one of its biggest villains. A huge conceit of the series is that Kazuya hates his father, Heihachi of the Mishima Zaibatsu corporation, for killing his mother, Kazumi, and fights him in the first King of the Iron Fist Tournament. Badly beating him, Kazuya becomes the Final Boss of Tekken 2- I loved the concept of the "Best Fighter" of the last game becoming the Boss of the current one. Here, Kazuya also reveals something- dark forces within him that make him even more ruthless and merciless than his father was, and energies that turn him into "Devil Kazuya"- a winged, fire-breathing monster. We would learn that he sold his soul to the devil for more power.

-Kazuya is beaten and tossed into a volcano by Heihachi in the second tournament, disappearing in Tekken 3- however, we learn that he has a son with Jun Kazama, and Jin becomse the new Main Character. Cameos in the game make it clear that he's alive- he's been reanimated by G Corporation (rivals to the Zaibatsu). Kazuya returns for Tekken 4, now more merciless than ever- it was the inner conflict between "Angel" (the good side brought out by Jun's love) and the Devil that caused him to hesitate and lose the rematch to Heihachi. He promises now to accept only his evil side, and tries to take Jin's Devil Power, but fails because of the Kazama blood in him. In Tekken 5, he's a bit superflous, only finding out that his grandfather- Jinpachi Mishima- has returned to life and held the fifth tournament.

-Tekken 6 features him in a more prominent role- when G Corporation betrayed him in the fourth game (attempting to kill both him and Heihachi, seeing them both as pointless to their goals now), he swore revenge, and finally slaughters everyone in charge and takes over the company (... you can DO that? I hope they're not publicly traded, or that shareholder conference is gonna be a bitch). Humanity by this time sees G Corporation as their only saviors against the Mishima Zaibatsu (led by Jin, who ruthlessly controls it to "save the world from a greater evil"), making Kazuya a public hero. In Tekken 7 we learn that his "Devil Gene" is in fact inherited from his mother's side- Kazumi shows up as a ghost/revenant, and wields the same Devil Powers as do Kazuya and his son. In this game, a "Mishima Saga" Storyline Fight occurs- we see the full breadth of his history, such as his childhood (you can play as 5-Year Old Kazuya against a brutal Heihachi, abusing his son), his complicated relationship with his son, and more. Ultimately, Kazuya kills Heihachi in the end of this mode, causing Kazuya to feel an amount of pity, now realizing that his mother had darkness in herself, too.

-Kazuya is of vast importance to the franchise, being a Top-Tier fighter and involved with a large chunk of the cast in some way. He is related to Jinpachi, Heihachi, Kazumi & Jin. He had Eddy Gordo's trainer murdered, as well as Leo's mother. His minions are Bruce, Ganryu & Lucky Chloe, and he forced Doctor Bosconovitch to create the Jacks, Roger and Alex. Paul Phoenix considers him a rival, and Anna Williams is one of his bodyguards in later games. Lee Chaolan is his adoptive brother & childhood rival, while Lei Wulong wants to arrest him. He's apparently based off of an author named Yukio Mishima.

-Kazuya is one of the high-end characters in every Tekken game- part of their balance (or lack thereof) is to make Mishimas and their descendants into powerhouses- Kazuya is both strong AND fast, making him lethally powerful.

DEVIL KAZUYA
Role:
Dark Form
Total Appearances: Tekken 1-2, Tekken 7, Tekken Tag Tournament 1-2, Namco X Capcom
PL 11 (156)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Deception 4 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+18)
Expertise (Business) 8 (+11)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit 4 (Wealth), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Startle

Powers:
"Devil Beam" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) [12]
"Weak Flight" Flight 1 (Flaws: Low Ceiling) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +18 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +16 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Devil Beam +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +17 (DC 27), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (For the Evulz)- Devil Kazuya wishes to corrupt other people to be like him.

Total: Abilities: 84 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 15 (156)

-Kazuya revealed his evil form as a secret in the first Tekken game, and he acts as the true Final Boss of Tekken 2. And in a game of pretty normal stuff (albeit with a bear and a kangaroo among the cast), suddenly there's this WINGED DEMON who can both fly and blast out eye beams and stuff. The backstory was finally revealed in Tekken 7- a demonic being appeared before a five-year old Kazuya, beaten and thrown off a cliff by his father Heihachi- he grants Kazuya the power to kill his father, in exchange for his soul. And I guess there's no legal precedent to prevent a minor from making deals involving material like his soul, because sure as shit, Kazuya's now part-Devil.

-Devil allows Kazuya to defeat Heihachi in the first tournament, and leave him for dead. However, meeting Jun Kazama during the second tournament changes him- her peaceful nature creates the being "Angel" within him, restraining him from evil. However, this creates weakness in Kazuya, and he is beaten by Heihachi in the end, then thrown into a volcano- half of Devil leaves Kazuya's body. Many years later, Jun and Kazuya's son, Jin, becomes the receptacle for the part of Devil that fled- Jun kept it at bay, but her death to Ogre allowed the Devil a way in.

-Kazuya being reborn by G Corporation awoke the "Devil Gene" within him. He skips Tekken 3, and reappears in the next three games without Devil powers, though he shows them in cutscenes- even casually transforming into the monster, and absorbing the other half of the power from Jin.

-Devil Kazuya is a PL 11 version of Kazuya that simply adds some hitting power and skill, plus the Flight & Devil Beam attacks. In Tekken 7, he can take the form by sacrificing some Rage, essentially making Kazuya this build, with some Flaws to Enhanced Fighting, Strength, Toughness & Powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I still find it pretty funny how Kazuya appeared to be the Main Character, only to become the villain int he very next game. And that purple business suit he wore in the second game as the boss was awesome, too. I still remember being really shocked the first time I got up to Kazuya in Tekken 2, only for him to transform into Devil. And the ending of Tekken 7 story where you get to play as Devil Kazuya in his full glory, then after killing Heihachi, suddenly friggin' AKUMA shows up..for a really, really brutal bonus fight.
Jabroniville

Angel

Post by Jabroniville »

ANGEL
Role:
Light Form
First Appearance: Tekken 2
Total Appearances: Tekken 2, Tekken 7, Tekken Tag Tournament 1-2, Namco X Capcom
PL 10 (147)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Deception 4 (+80
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+17)
Insight 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 6 (+10)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Startle

Powers:
"Angel Beam" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) [12]
"Weak Flight" Flight 1 (Flaws: Low Ceiling) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Angel Beam +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Purifying Kazuya)- Angel existed as a "good half", trying to drive Kazuya towards good instead of evil.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 17 (147)

-The most unexplained character in the Tekken lore is Angel, who appears as a "Player 2" version of Devil Kazuya once you beat the game. Sharing Devil Kazuya's fighting style and powers, she is nonetheless a distinctly FEMALE character, with angel wings. She does not reappear in the canon after Tekken 2, and it's simply believed that she was supposed to be the "good half" of Kazuya personified, and left him after that tournament. She reappears in a Tekken comic book series, having been captured by Jin, who wants the secrets of her power. Finding him beyond redemption, she attacks him after she's freed during a fight between the Mishima Family, then disappears in a flash of light alongside Jin.

-Angel is largely a clone of Devil Kazuya, but as Tekken 2 was five editions ago, I left her weaker. I also modified her Skills to be more peaceful (Persuasion instead of Intimidation), and dropped Kazuya's "Businessman" aspects (Wealth & Expertise).