Jab’s Builds! (Shingen! Leather & Lace! The Lunatic Legion!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Jab’s Builds (Goro! Kintaro! Motaro! Sheeva! Shao Kahn!)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Jacqui! Kitana! Mileena! Jade! Skarlet! Jobbers!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:54 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 pm KI and Tekken would be good....though my inner 7th grader is interested in a Time Killers set. Back then everybody thought it was SO KEWL YEW GAIZ...but it's not.

but yeah, Tekken mainly for all the guest stars and I want to hear Jab complain about Negan...and I will join him
I only know the name "Negan" because I was looking up the names for all the characters for the inevitable 2-month series if I ever stat these damn guys. I assume he can slow time to engage in a talk, then a chat, then a visit, then a conversation; because holy hell that is one tiresome damn show to watch.
My dad likes that show and I'm not really sure why. Negan's Tekken 7trailer is kinda intersting, though: https://youtu.be/ItQHo4wVPnI
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Goro! Kintaro! Motaro! Sheeva! Shao Kahn!)

Post by Jabroniville »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:18 pm Upcoming Beauty and the Beast dark ride in Tokyo Disney.

The animatronics are amazing...
We must be following the same things on Facebook, because I saw another article about it last night. Not the MOVING animatronics, though- that is some crazy stuff.
Jabroniville

Sindel

Post by Jabroniville »

QUEEN SINDEL
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat 3
Total Appearances: MK: Deception, MK: Armageddon, MK 2011, MK 11 (misses most of the games)
Role: The Wicked Queen, Hair-Using Lady
PL 10 (158)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletiks 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+6)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Edenian Royalty) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 3 (+16)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Ranged Kombat (Screams) 4 (+14)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Kritical (Screams) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown

Powers:
"Banshee Scream" Affliktion 6 (Fort; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Kondition, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Diminished Range -1) (11) -- [13]
  • AE: "Star Screamer" Blast 4 (8)
  • AE: "Hair Whip" Elongation 1 (Flaws: Limited to Hair) (0.5)
"Levitate" Flight 2 (8 mph) [4]
"Edenian Physiology" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
"Prehensile Hair" Extra Limb 1 [1]

Features 2: Uses Tons of New Moves as Finishing Attacks [2]
"Babality"
"Friendship!!" (Kicks a Field Goal)
"Animality: Neon Wasp Stings Enemy To Death"
"Deadly Scream- Blows Skin Off"
"Spins Enemy With Her Hair Until Their Bones & Blood Spurt Out"
"Spins Swords Like a Helicopter & Throws Opponent Into It"
"Screams In Ear Until Enemy's Head Explodes"
"Shoots a Starscreamer Into Enemy's Mouth, Then Blows Up Their Head"

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Banshee Scream +14 (+6 Ranged Affliktion, DC 16)
Star Screamer +14 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Komplications:
Enemy/Relationship (Shao Kahn)- Kahn brainwashed and married Queen Sindel.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 17 (158)

-Sindel is, quite frankly, the most garbage character in the history of Mortal Kombat. See, there's WORSE guys- silly idiots like Hsu Hao & Mavado. Pointless Ninja Palette Swaps. Joke Characters. But NONE of them just scream "awful" quite the way Sindel does, because none of those characters are important. She’s supposed to be SO INTEGRAL to the overall universe of the games, but she’s such a boring, poorly-designed character. Absolutely nobody seems to like her. She looks stupid- like an old lady with living hair and a purple one-piece swimsuit. And of course... she's the Queen of Edenia, the wife of Shao Kahn, the mother of Kitana, and more. You simply can't avoid her in the story of the games.

-Her unpopularity, and inability to capture the fan's interest the way Kitana, Mileena, and even Jade did, meant that she skipped several games, and really only matters in Mortal Kombat 3. The fact that she debuted alongside the awful Stryker & Nightwolf generally keeps her from being on the "Worst" list of even THAT game, much less the overall series, but given that she's a major character, I'm calling it an even bigger fail.

-The designers based her off of The Bride With White Hair, a kung-fu movie, and she looks a fair bit like an evil Queen from a version of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat that I saw as a teen (Donny "Be A Man" Osmond played the lead).

Original Kontinuity:
-Sindel's backstory is a bit confusing- she was the Queen of Edenia- a good-natured woman married to King Jerrod, and the mother of Princess Kitana. However, Shao Kahn and his forces defeated Edenia in Mortal Kombat, and he slew Jerrod himself, adopting Kitana and forcing Sindel to be his wife. Ultimately, she chose suicide rather than be with him. She is unknown until Mortal Kombat 3, in which it's revealed that Kahn has discovered how to resurrect her- an act which breaches the barrier between Earth and Outworld, allowing him to invade. Sindel is corrupted, transformed into an evil witch-woman with shock-white hair, dark eyeshadow, and a freaky banshee-esque design. In the game's end, Kahn is beaten as Kitana gains an audience with her mother, turning her against the Emperor.

-Sindel was thus restored to the Edenian throne, but victory was short-lived- the Elder God Shinnok soon invaded Outworld, capturing the Queen and becoming the new bad guy- Sindel thus misses the next two games in the series, as Onaga ALSO manages to capture her, this time with a brainwashed Kitana as her captor. Sindel manages to show up in MK: Armageddon along with the rest of the cast, and dies.

New Kontinuity:
-Sindel's backstory is the same in the 2011 remake- she committed suicide in order to escape the clutches of Shao Kahn after he took over Edenia. Her death is what keeps Earthrealm protected, in fact- the energy from her suicide creates a dimensional barrier. However, she is resurrected by the manipulations of Quan Chi and twisted to evil- Kahn slaughters Shang Tsung and empowers her using the souls trapped within his body- this renders Earth vulnerable, and makes her SUPER-POWERFUL. While her cyborg aides Sektor & Cyrax are killed, Sindel goes on a mighty tear, executing almost all of the Earthrealm warriors in one fell swoop of kombat! The dead include Jax Briggs, Smoke, Sub-Zero, Kabal, Stryker, and Jade- she even fatally wounds her own daughter, Kitana! However, the shaman Nightwolf is able to stop her- sacrificing himself in order to kill her. She does not reappear in the game, showing up later as one of Quan Chi's revenants- he manipulated her and everyone else in his own power-grab for his master, Shinnok.

-Sindel is only briefly seen as a revenant in MK X, acting as a Jobber to both Raiden, then Jax. She is trapped in that form when Scorpion executes Quan Chi. She reappears as a Revenant in MK 11- Aftermath DLC, but is defeated by Nightwolf again. She is ultimately resurrected by Shang Tsung & Sheeva, and allies with them and others in search for a mystical Macguffin. She & Nightwolf kill Cetrion, her saving Nightwolf's life in the process... but when she moves to ally with her daughter Kitana, she betrays her! She rescues Shao Kahn from torture and heals his eyes, and the murderous couple engage in a war against Kitana's forces. She defeats most of the heroes, kills Kung Lao, and reveals to Kitana that she had ALWAYS been evil- she killed King Jerrod and happily became Shao Kahn's wife! A heartbroken Kitana is then beaten, and the couple prepare to take total power, killing most of the Revenants (Kitana, Jade, Kung Lao) as well... but just then Shang Tsung reveals his OWN deception, taking the souls of King & Queen!

Sindel's Stats:
-Sindel is a bit different from the other fighters, being able to Hover/Fly, though if you expanded upon her fluff, she could be MUCH more powerful, becoming a Flying Blaster/Medusa of the Inhumans hybrid with lots of Alternate Effects. Going by her powered-up version, she easily hits PL 11, killing SIX Kombatant in succession (including Sub-Zero), but is stopped by Nightwolf's shaman magic.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Sindel

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 pm QUEEN SINDEL
While I vaguely recall the character in the game, my firmest memory of her was in a self-insert X-Men fic where the main character was seducing Rogue by playing MK3 with her, choosing the character, and going on at length about how sexy skunk stripes in the hair were on women. I don't remember anything else about the story other than them shoehorning the arcade machine into the X-Mansion so that he could do that.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:48 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 pm QUEEN SINDEL
While I vaguely recall the character in the game, my firmest memory of her was in a self-insert X-Men fic where the main character was seducing Rogue by playing MK3 with her, choosing the character, and going on at length about how sexy skunk stripes in the hair were on women. I don't remember anything else about the story other than them shoehorning the arcade machine into the X-Mansion so that he could do that.
See, you post this and now I wonder what the hell you were doing reading X-Men Self-Insert Romance Fic... OH MY GOD. IT WAS YOURS!!! :P
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 pm See, you post this and now I wonder what the hell you were doing reading X-Men Self-Insert Romance Fic... OH MY GOD. IT WAS YOURS!!! :P
^_^ Far more boring of an explanation. I was a member of the FFML (Fan-Fic Mailing List) and took great pride in reading and providing feedback for almost every posted story. Even had a meta Fan-Fic written about me involving the bar where the characters congregated and fingers in when not in their story. The Subreality Cafe, I think?
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab’s Builds (Jacqui! Kitana! Mileena! Jade! Skarlet! Jobbers!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:54 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 pm KI and Tekken would be good....though my inner 7th grader is interested in a Time Killers set. Back then everybody thought it was SO KEWL YEW GAIZ...but it's not.

but yeah, Tekken mainly for all the guest stars and I want to hear Jab complain about Negan...and I will join him
I only know the name "Negan" because I was looking up the names for all the characters for the inevitable 2-month series if I ever stat these damn guys. I assume he can slow time to engage in a talk, then a chat, then a visit, then a conversation; because holy hell that is one tiresome damn show to watch.
you're telling me. I gave up back around season 3.

I think Xerxes at HC put it best: The Walking Dead is that show that everyone is always amped for, but are continuously disappointed by
Jabroniville

Li Mei

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

LI MEI
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Total Appearances: MK: DA, MK: Deception, MK: Armageddon
Role: Nobody Who Disappears Quickly
PL 7 (97)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletiks 4 (+6)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
Nova Blast 4 (8) -- [10]
  • AE: "Flying Flurry" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 2) (2)
  • AE: "Heel Kick/Carnival Spin" Strength-Damage +1 (1)
Features 1: Uses New Moves as Finishing Attacks [1]
"Innard-Lodging Kick, Then Exploding-Head Kick"
"Brutality- Kills all Fist of the North Star-Style with an Explosive Gore-Fest"
"Punches Head Off, Then Launches Head Into Body, Where Both Explode"

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Special Moves +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Komplications:
Enemy (Shang Tsung)- The evil sorcerer enslaved her entire village.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 13 (97)

-Li Mei is a rare female character unrelated to either Sonya or Kitana, and is her own deal in MK: Deadly Alliance. Her village was forced into slavery by Shang Tsung, and so Quan Chi hired her on as "insurance" against Tsung. For some reason (I'm guessing the barely-there outfit), she was popular enough to repeat in multiple games, this time as a good guy. She reappears in Mortal Kombat X as a backgrounder, giving the Special Forces some inside information.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Quan Chi

Post by Jabroniville »

QUAN CHI
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Total Appearances: MK 4, MK: Deadly Alliance, MK: Armageddon, MK 2011, MK X
Role: Replacement Shang Tsung, Grand Manipulator
PL 10 (177)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletiks 5 (+8)
Deception 8 (+12)
Expertise (Arkane Lore) 12 (+16)
Expertise (History) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+9)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 1 (+15)
Perception 5 (+9)
Persuasion 6 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Kritical (Special Moves) 2, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Ritualist, Takedown

Powers:
"Magnet Force" Affliktion 8 (Will; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Unable to Use Weapons) (Extras: Ranged) (16) -- [22]
  • AE: "Trance" Affliktion 8 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Ranged) (16)
  • AE: "Tele-Stomp" Teleport 5 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (16)
  • AE: "Skeletal Boost #1" Strength-Damage +2 (Flaws: Is Negated Once Hit) (1)
  • AE: "Skeletal Boost #2" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Is Negated Once Hit) (4)
  • AE: "Green Flaming Skull" Blast 4 (Feats: Accurate 2) (8)
  • AE: Morph 2 (10)
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

Features 2: Uses Tons of New Moves as Finishing Attacks [2]
"Babality"
"Fatality Steal- Copies an Opponent's Fatality"
"Mesmerizes Enemy Into Crushing Their Skull & Snapping Their Neck"
"Tears Off the Guy's Leg and Just Hauls Off & Beats Him To Death With It"
"Summons Broadsword, Severs Legs & Head"
"Grabs Head & Stretches It Grotesquely"

Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 19)
Skeletal Boost +15 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Magnet Force/Trance +12 (+8 Ranged Affliktion, DC 18)
Green Flaming Skull +16 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +8

Komplications:
Motivation (Power)- Quan Chi wants to rule all the Realms.
Responsibility (Shinnok's Servant)- Quan Chi's got a Demon of a Boss.
Secret (Traitor)- Shinnok's Uber-Amulet is being held by Quan Chi, who gave his boss a weaker copy.
Enemy (Moloch & Drahmin)- He betrayed the two Outworlders by abandoning them when he promised them freedom in order for helping him out. They swear revenge.
Enemy (Scorpion)- Quan Chi arranged for the execution of Scorpion's clan and family years ago, and framed Sub-Zero for it.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 17 (177)

-Quan Chi is sort of the Replacement Shang Tsung of the Mortal Kombat series, debuting in Sub-Zero's solo game as a manipulator who blamed the destruction of Scorpion and his clan on Sub-Zero. Personally, I hated this Retcon, as it ruined the Scorp/Sub-Zero dynamic and added an unnecessary plot twist into what should have been a very simple story: Guy Kills Family; Victim Kills Guy; Guy's Brother Is Also Hunted But They Make Good. Quan Chi was initally inspired by Destro, but lacks pretty much all of Destro's characteristics other than having a shiny-ish face (really, it's all white). He is usually the servant of Shinnok, but in Deadly Alliance, he allied with Shang Tsung to become Co-Bosses since they both were tired of the whole "Working For a Demon Lord" thing, and were successful enough to wipe out a good chunk of the heroic cast at the same time (including ol' Liu Kang himself!).

-Of course, Quan Chi's greatest aspect is his legendary "Leg Rip" Fatality- nothing quite like braining a guy using his own torn-off limb. And he looks a good bit like Kratos, making for a kind of funny thing when you consider that Kratos himself has now been copied by Marvel's Drax.

Original Kontinuity:
-Quan Chi makes his playable MK debut in the fourth game in the series, acting as a sorcerer who can cross dimensions, having attained great magical might in the service of his dark lord, Shinnok. He and Shinnok unseated the ruler of Netherrealm, a being called Lucifer, and ruled for a time. He made a deal with the Lin Kuei to destroy their rivals, the Shirai Ryu, which is responsible for the Sub-Zero/Scorpion battle (as the sorcerer framed Sub-Zero). It was Quan Chi who gave Shang Tsung the idea to resurrect Queen Sindel and allow the invasion of Earth- though this failed, it allowed Quan Chi & Shinnok to make their move.

-Quan Chi is later captured by Scorpion, who tortures him upon discovering the truth about his clan's fate. He is freed by Moloch & Drahmin, and abandons them in order to escape further (earning their enmity as well), finally forming a "Deadly Alliance" with Shang Tsung in order to resurrect Onaga, The Dragon King. The two slaughtered Shao Kahn to remove him from the playing field, and then double-teamed Liu Kang- Tsung devouring his soul! The two successfully control a "Soulnado" and beat many Kombatants (Quan Chi kills Kitana), but immediately turn on each other. Quan Chi wins, but Onaga awakens and begins attacking everyone. A "suicide" attack by Raiden stops him- which nearly kills everyone. The next game reveals Quan Chi's survival, and he shows up a minion of Shinnok in MK: Armageddon, the final game in the series.

New Kontinuity:
-Quan Chi is an odd inclusion in Mortal Kombat's 2011 return, as he was featured in none of the three games that comprise the story mode of this one. However, it's all to set up the SEQUEL, and to take place in certain areas of the plot. They keep the old retcon of him being responsible for killing Scorpion's family, as he eggs on Scorpion to kill the first Sub-Zero, then turns the victim into Noob Saibot. He shows up as a mere minion of Shao Kahn's, working with Shang Tsung in a mirror of their Deadly Alliance selves, and actually saves Kahn's life when Liu Kang mortally wounds him. And again, he comes up with the method Kahn uses to invade Earth- resurrecting and corrupting Queen Sindel.

-He turns out to have been promised the souls of all the Kombatants killed so far, and sends Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Sindel, Kitana, Jade, Cyber Sub-Zero, Smoke, Jax, Stryker & Kabal after Raiden in the endgame of the tournament! However, Raiden beats them all, and uses a statement from Quan Chi to figure out the solution: allowing Kahn to merge the realms, thus breaking the sacred rules of Mortal Kombat and making him punishable by the Gods. When Kahn is beaten, however, Quan Chi observes his smoking helmet and reveals his deception all along- he's been working for Shinnok this entire time! Their ENTIRE PLAN was to wipe the gameboard clean- with so much death, Earth is now vulnerable for THEIR takeover!

-Quan Chi reappears as a big name in Mortal Kombat X, though some of his revenants have been taken from him in the backstory- Jax, Sub-Zero & Scorpion all escape, and Shinnok himself is kept trapped for decades. The sorcerer secretly allies with Kotal Kahn's vizier, D'Vorah, in order to return Shinnok to power. They succeed in freeing him from his amulet prison... but Scorpion has finally arrived- knowing now that Quan Chi's manipulations were responsible for the deaths of his clan, his family, and even the original Sub-Zero, Scorpion brutalizes the sorcerer, then finally decapitates him.

Quan Chi's Stats:
-Quan Chi is a powerful sorceror like Shang Tsung, and is a consummate liar, shapeshifter and martial artist, making him quite the handful. Given that he's played the boss once or twice, he could be higher in PL, but he's been downgraded to "regular roster" enough times to justify him being a mere PL 10 well-balanced sort.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
greycrusader

Re: Jab’s Builds (Motaro! Sheeva! Shao Kahn! Sindel! Quan Chi!)

Post by greycrusader »

I have to vote for TimeKillers next, because: 1)There are a manageable number of characters, unlike Tekken; 2)the protagonists are all atrocious and ridiculous, and;3)my early 1990s self thought it was really damn cool.

All my best.
Jabroniville

Shinnok

Post by Jabroniville »

SHINNOK
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Total Appearances: MK 4 (Playable Boss), MK: Armageddon
Role: The Big Boss, "Dark Lord" Villainl, Dark God
PL 12 (279)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 16 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletiks 5 (+10)
Deception 5 (+10)
Expertise (Arkane Lore) 12 (+18)
Expertise (Lord of Netherrealm) 10 (+16)
Klose Kombat 2 (+17)
Insight 3 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+10)
Perception 5 (+10)
Persuasion 5 (+10)
Ranged Kombat (Special Moves) 6 (+16)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Artificer, Chokehold, Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Kritical (Special Moves) 3, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative 3, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Ritualist, Startle, Takedown, Taunt

Powers:
"Copy Others' Powers" Variable 8 (Other Kombatants' Powers) (56) -- [63]
  • AE: "Summoned Fiend" Snare 8 (24)
  • AE: "Tricky Portal" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Perception Range 5) (10)
  • AE: "Judgment Fist" Blast 8 (16)
  • AE: "Hell Sparks" Blast 6 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Multiattack) (19)
  • AE: "Hellfire Beam" Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (14)
  • AE: Move Object 8 (16)
  • AE: "Scepter Strike" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) Linked to Affliktion 8 (Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Distracting, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) (18)
"Copy Appearances" Morph 2 (Humanoids) [10]
"Elder God" Immunity 10 (Aging, Life Support) [11]

"Sacred Amulet- Copy" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [4]
Movement 3 (Dimensional Travel 3) (6 points)

"Hand From Hell Squeezes Opponent's Head Off"
"Levitates Victim & Two Skeletal Hands Squash Him"
"Summoned Skeletal Hands Twist Victim Apart"
"Summoned Skeletal Hand Flicks Head Off and Into Shinnok's Hands"
"Summons Sleletons To Throw Victim onto Blades, Then Eviscerates Them"

Offense:
Unarmed +18 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Summoned Fiend +16 (+8 Ranged Affliktion, DC 18)
Judgement Fist +16 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Hell Sparks +18 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Hellfire Beam +7 Area (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Scepter Strike +6-8 Area (+6 Damage & +8 Affliktion, DC 21 & 18)
Tricky Portal -- (+5 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +17

Defenses:
Dodge +16 (DC 26), Parry +18 (DC 28), Toughness +6, Fortitude +10, Will +12

Komplications:
Motivation (Power)- Shinnok seeks to extend his control over Netherrealm to all of the others.
Enemy (Quan Chi, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang)- Shinnok has many enemies, including his traitorous pawn, Quan Chi.

Total: Abilities: 102 / Skills: 66--33 / Advantages: 32 / Powers: 89 / Defenses: 23 (279)

Meet The New Boss:
-Shinnok is the Elder God & Ruler of the Netherrealm, and became the Big Bad Final Boss of MK4 after an appearance in the Sub-Zero side-game. He's got a VERY dull, plain design, and I don't consider him a very good character (I mean really, who you gonna pick? This doofus or Shao Freakin' Kahn?). The fact that he's your same generic Dark God doesn't help. He appeared in MK: Annihilation in a move I COMPLETELY forget, playing the boss of all the Gods, and Raiden & Shao Kahn's father, who wanted Kahn to take over everything. He was eventually unseated by his peers and replaced with Raiden. In the games, he came forth to capitalize on Kahn's defeat in MK 3 and take over the Realms himself, and made a clone of himself to battle for him in MK: Armageddon (his main body was busy I guess). In the final moments of MK's 2011 reboot, Shinnok reappears, implying that he's going to be making a comeback.

Original Kontinuity:
-Shinnok is an Elder God, having existed since the dawn of time. His heart has always thirsted for more power, and finally invaded Earthrealm- he was only barely beaten back by Raiden and the other Elder Gods, who trapped him for centuries. Shinnok was tortured for years by Lucifer, overlord of Netherrealm, but the sorcerer Quan Chi then arrived, and the two killed Lucifer- Shinnok taking his throne. He also recruits the mortal Tanya and ninja Noob Saibot, and forms an army called The Brotherhood of the Shadow. He finds the amulet that contains the rest of his lost power, takes Outworld from Shao Kahn, and kills three of the four Elder Gods (leaving only Fujin, who is depowered and heads to Earth). However, at the last moment it's revealed that his amulet was a fake created by Quan Chi (who wanted the real power for himself)- the sorcerer is defeated by Scorpion, while Shinnok loses to Liu Kang and is banished back to the Netherrealm. He appears in MK: Armageddon, manipulating the main hero Taven, but is killed along with all the others.

New Kontinuity:
-Shinnok is revealed to have been the manipulator behind all of the events of Mortal Kombat's 2011 revival, having used Quan Chi as an agent in order to kill many of the best fighters of both realms. He enters via a portal in the Story Mode's finale, thus setting him up as the Final Boss of Mortal Kombat X. In the intermediary stories, he is defeated by the last-minute "Secret Power" of Johnny Cage of all people, and is trapped in an amulet for twenty years. Finally, in the Story Mode, he is awakened by Quan Chi (who is immediately slain by Scorpion), and faces the Special Forces team. He defeats and imprisons Raiden and has Johnny tortured, which allows his daughter Cassie to use the same "Secret Power" to defeat Shinnok himself. Raiden is freed, and uses his own powers to absorb Shinnok's own might into himself, thus purifying many of his minions and returning Earthrealm to normal. Shinnok is violently decapitated, now catatonic, as Gods cannot die. This saves the day... but corrupts Raiden, who is now set up as the boss of the NEXT game...

The Might of Shinnok:
-Shinnok proves even more problematic than Kahn, since he has nearly all-powerful Godly Might in the fluff, yet is still a guy who lost in HAND-TO-HAND KOMBAT to a Bruce Lee knock-off with mini-Fireballs- this can be justified because he's got some Sacred Amulet that gains him more power, and he's without it for the duration of the series. Therefore he's PL 12 and can suck it. Hell, even Sub-Zero I beat him in his own video game. He's just an Uber-Boss like any other, really. He of course has a TON of theoretical powers (maybe he Summons Minions with Rituals and junk, because there's no reason NOT to use that in a fight), but usually just Mimics guys like Shang Tsung. Should he add a Summon Power onto him, he gets even MORE expensive. He greatly differs from Kahn in general koncept, being a Martial Artist on the quick side rather than the uber-strong one, meaning that he can PL 12 the crap out of most people with intense speed.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Reiko

Post by Jabroniville »

REIKO
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat 4
Total Appearances: MK 4 & MK: Armageddon
Role: Nobody Who Disappears Quickly
PL 8 (108)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletiks 4 (+6)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+5)
Expertise (Tactics) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 1 (+13)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Equipment 2 (Shuriken +3), Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Vertical Teleport" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (7) -- [8]
  • AE: "Charging Pain" Strength-Damage +1 Linked to Speed 2 (Flaws: Limited to Short Bursts) (2)
"Thrust Kicks Their Torso Out"
"Shuriken Barrage"

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+3 Damage, DC 17)
Special Moves +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 13 (108)

-Reiko was going to just be Noob Saibot, but they wanted fewer ninjas around in MK 4 ("Too many ninjas" was a common fan complaint by then), and Noob faded into many of the dark backgrounds of the game. Ergo, Reiko came in as a General in Shao Kahn's armies. As a one-shot guy (his only other appearance in a playable role was the "EVERYBODY gets in" game), he has a weird amount of fan interest, since one of his endings seemed to imply that he was either secretly Shao Kahn, or became the new Emperor. This turned out to be incorrect, but then people started arguing over how to pronounce his name (it's been both "Ree-ko" and "Ray-ko" in-game, and his name is also a Japanese feminine name... but given that he's from Outworld, that's not a big thing. It's just odd). All for basically a "Generic General" one-note personality.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Onaga

Post by Jabroniville »

ONAGA THE DRAGON KING
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat: Deception (Unplayable Boss)
Total Appearances: MK: Deception, MK: Armageddon (Playable)
Role: The Boss
PL 12 (217)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletiks 2 (+11)
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Arkane Lore) 9 (+14)
Expertise (History) 4 (+9)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 10 (+14)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 4 (+15)
Perception 6 (+9)
Persuasion 3 (+7)
Ranged Kombat (Blasts) 5 (+13)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Kritical (Dragon Fire) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Ritualist, Takedown

Powers:
"Shapeshifts Into Other Fighters"
"Dragon Fire" Blast 9 (18) -- [20]
  • AE: "Flame Breath" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (18)
  • AE: "Ground Pound" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Affliktion 10 (Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) (16)
"Wings" Flight 4 (16 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [4]
"Immortal God-King" Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
"Projectile Immunity" Immunity 80 (Toughness Saves) (Flaws: Limited to Ranged Attacks- More Than 50% Off) [35]

"Centaurian Physiology"
"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (8 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
"Tremendous Size" Reach 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Dragon Fire +13 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Dragon Breath +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Ground Pound +6-9 Area (+6 Damage & +9 Affliktion, DC 21 & 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +9, Fortitude +12, Will +10

Komplications:
Motivation (Revenge, Power)- Onaga was betrayed by his advisor Shao Kahn, and wishes for revenge. He also wants the seat of his power back in Outworld.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 76 / Defenses: 19 (217)

-Onaga, The Dragon King, is the Final Boss of Mortal Kombat: Deception, adding a new bad guy after a few years of Shinnok. He is a retcon, having ruled Outworld millennia ago, until his advisor Shao Kahn pulled the "Evil Vizier" trick and poisoned him. Speaking from beyond his mummified state, he convinced Shujinko to release him, and he possessed Reptile's body in order to resurrect himself. He faced off against Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and Raiden combined, but all three laid slain before him, and he brought his army to the fore once again. Shujinko, realizing the deception (oh hey, there's the reason for the name), now fights to gather an army of Kombatants to oppose Onaga.

-Onaga is finally beaten by Shujinko, his soul bound to Reptile's body and imprisoned in the Netherrealm. However, he is freed by Shinnok, who was similarly trapped- the two make an unholy alliance and invade Earth during MK: Armageddon. However, while he is sent after Blaze (the Final Boss of that game), he is too obsessed with revenge against the vizier who betrayed him millennia ago, and instead assaults Shao Kahn. He is killed at some point. Unlike Shinnok, he has not reappeared during the revamp of Mortal Kombat.

-Onaga is an appropriate "Final Boss" design, but he's a little too much like Tekken's Bosses for my taste (Ed Boon is a vocal Tekken fan, and may have been copying aspects of Devil Kazuya and Ogre here), but he's no worse than a lot of guys they could have chosen.

-Onaga is, like other Bosses, a PL 12 Monster, hitting way harder than the other guys. In-game, he can fly around and beat the hell out of you, but has pretty simple attacks, in addition to the usual Projectile Immunity. His schtick in the "fluff' is creating a horde of Undead Warriors that can instantly Regenerate themselves, which would probably multiply his cost by about a thousand times- none of it gets involved in the actual fights or the game, so it's left out- just take Summon and add Multiple Minions on it by the dozen, and let 'em Regenerate themselves.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab’s Builds (Shao Kahn! Sindel! Quan Chi! Shinnok! Onaga!)

Post by Woodclaw »

I'm going to voice the unpopular opinion, but I like Shinnok's general concept much more than Onaga. Like Shao Khan, the Dragon King looks a bit too much of a direct physical menace.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)