Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Belle! The Beast! Gaston! Aladdin! Jasmine!)

Post by Jabroniville »

M4C8 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:46 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:35 pm heh. i wondered if Jab was going to include the Kim K cosplay of Jasmine and he did.
That woman frustrates me so much. She represents everything abhorrent about celebrity worship, money-for-nothing, fame for fame's sake and ridiculous attempts at getting attention... but she was literally the perfect woman physically. It's SO INSANE AND UNFAIR.
She did have a great figure, but now she and one of the other sisters have such a preposterously huge ass in comparison to their bodies they actually look deformed.

I know your a self-confessed 'Disney-phile' but is that strictly for the animated movies or are you a fan of (and therefore can we expect builds from) any of the Disney live action movies?
I haven't watched too many of the Live-Action Movies lately, save for the current spate of remakes- Beauty and the Beast was alright in that "telling the same story with worse actors, graphics and no chemistry because Emma Watson was never actually a good actress to start with COME AT ME POTTERITES!!!!" kind of way. Cinderella was pretty decent but I found it unmemorable (in the sense that I don't remember much about it)- Lady Tremaine was given a few more dimensions, which made her interesting (hilariously, Mick Foley made that same comment when I met him and he responded to my Disney-themed t-shirt). The Jungle Book was my favorite one so far, especially with Idris Elba's Shere Khan, and good ol' Bagheera. Plus Christopher Walken as King Louie.
Shock

Re: Jab's Builds! (Beast! Gaston! Aladdin! Jasmine! Genie! Jafar!

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:30 am So I got some plans for the post-Disney stuff in October-ish. Probably the “C” section of Marvel. Plus there’s been two Overwatch characters and three Street Fighter characters since I last statted out those groups, so that’s a thing.

How ‘bout big projects, though... Mortal Kombat is sorta due. Checking my past builds, Mario Bros. are due as well. The DC Animated Universe is a big one, but of course I have nothing new to add to that. Votes?
I've been working through old issues of Cloak & Dagger and ran across a couple of guys it looks like you haven't touched yet. Night and Day were minions of Mr Jip that made a few appearances in Strange Tales and then were never seen again. The most memorable thing about them is probably Night's ridiculously skimpy costume.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Beast! Gaston! Aladdin! Jasmine! Genie! Jafar!)

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, oh geeze. Delightful jobbers :). Yeah, I can throw them onto The List.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:35 pm heh. i wondered if Jab was going to include the Kim K cosplay of Jasmine and he did.
That woman frustrates me so much. She represents everything abhorrent about celebrity worship, money-for-nothing, fame for fame's sake and ridiculous attempts at getting attention... but she was literally the perfect woman physically. It's SO INSANE AND UNFAIR.
She did have a great figure, but now she and one of the other sisters have such a preposterously huge ass in comparison to their bodies they actually look deformed.
QUIET! A preposterously huge backside detracts from no woman's appeal! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!

LOL.

All my best.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:46 am
M4C8 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:46 am I know your a self-confessed 'Disney-phile' but is that strictly for the animated movies or are you a fan of (and therefore can we expect builds from) any of the Disney live action movies?
I haven't watched too many of the Live-Action Movies lately, save for the current spate of remakes- Beauty and the Beast was alright in that "telling the same story with worse actors, graphics and no chemistry because Emma Watson was never actually a good actress to start with COME AT ME POTTERITES!!!!" kind of way. Cinderella was pretty decent but I found it unmemorable (in the sense that I don't remember much about it)- Lady Tremaine was given a few more dimensions, which made her interesting (hilariously, Mick Foley made that same comment when I met him and he responded to my Disney-themed t-shirt). The Jungle Book was my favorite one so far, especially with Idris Elba's Shere Khan, and good ol' Bagheera. Plus Christopher Walken as King Louie.
I think that M4C8 was referring mostly to the old Disney live action, like Treasure Island with Robert Newton, Broomhandles and Bedknobs with Angela Lansbury and Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews.

Also on the subject of the live action The Beauty and the Beast, I think that entire movie is the perfect example of how not to tell a story. Here the general "show, not tell" advice had to be upgraded to "tell, not explain". It felt like the writers took the entire relevant page of TV-Tropes and created a script that was meant to address as many potential plot holes as possible, except that in doing so they pretty much killed any magic the story had.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

greycrusader wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 pm

QUIET! A preposterously huge backside detracts from no woman's appeal! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!

LOL.

All my best.
Don't get me wrong, I've always been as 'ass' guy but I happened to see a small part of a 'KUWTK' episode the other day (my mum watches it on occasions) and Kim and Khloe just looked ridiculous, they looked like the character 'Jello' from 'Date Movie'
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:27 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:46 am
M4C8 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:46 am I know your a self-confessed 'Disney-phile' but is that strictly for the animated movies or are you a fan of (and therefore can we expect builds from) any of the Disney live action movies?
I think that M4C8 was referring mostly to the old Disney live action, like Treasure Island with Robert Newton, Broomhandles and Bedknobs with Angela Lansbury and Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews.

Also on the subject of the live action The Beauty and the Beast, I think that entire movie is the perfect example of how not to tell a story. Here the general "show, not tell" advice had to be upgraded to "tell, not explain". It felt like the writers took the entire relevant page of TV-Tropes and created a script that was meant to address as many potential plot holes as possible, except that in doing so they pretty much killed any magic the story had.
I was actually thinking about Bedknobs and Broomsticks primarily because of the extended animated sequence, I also saw Disney's The Kid again the other day for the first time in years and it's actually quite good, Spencer Breslin is great in it.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Beast! Gaston! Aladdin! Jasmine! Genie! Jafar!

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:30 am So I got some plans for the post-Disney stuff in October-ish. Probably the “C” section of Marvel. Plus there’s been two Overwatch characters and three Street Fighter characters since I last statted out those groups, so that’s a thing.

How ‘bout big projects, though... Mortal Kombat is sorta due. Checking my past builds, Mario Bros. are due as well. The DC Animated Universe is a big one, but of course I have nothing new to add to that. Votes?
Mario would suit me fine
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Also, not a Nightmare fan TBH. Watched it once, didn't care for it, don't get the fandom for it
Jabroniville

Jack Skellington

Post by Jabroniville »

JACK SKELLINGTON
Played By:
Chris Sarandon (speaking), Danny Elfman (singing)
Role: The Pumpking King, Lamenting Leader
PL 6 (103)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Expertise (Holiday Planning) 12 (+14)
Expertise (Singing) 10 (+12)
Intimidation 6 (+11)
Perception 4 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (The Pumpkin King)

Powers:
"The Pumpkin King"
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
"Really, Really Long Limbs" Reach [1]
Immunity 5 (Fire Damage) [5]
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

"Since I Am Dead, I Can Take Off My Head"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 4 [4]
Features 1: May Remove Body Parts Without Pain [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +4, Fortitude --, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Jack's Lament)- Jack has grown bored with running Halloweens over the years, and longs for something new.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 43 / Defenses: 8 (103)

-Jack is sort of like your typical Tim Burton protagonist- an artistically-brilliant weirdo. Though instead of being a pure outsider, Jack is kind of an "Only Sane Man", being a little more together than his insane town of psychopaths. But not as much as Sally. His design is REALLY incredible- tall and extremely gangly, he nonetheless looks both scary AND cute, with giant eyes and a lil' nose, but capable of being drawn into freaky expressions. Jack longs for "More", like a typical Disney Princess, and thinks that running Christmas is the best way to do it. Unwisely putting a trio of scamps in charge of capturing "Sandy Claws", it proves to be a complete disaster, as the people of Halloween Town can only make presents into horrifying things, and Jack ends up nearly getting killed as a result.

About the Performer: Chris Sarandon's biggest role by FAR is that of Prince Humperdink in The Princess Bride, and I'll fight anyone who says different. Humorously, he was hired AFTER the singing was done- the voice Danny Elfman (who wrote the songs, too) gave him was deemed so good, they cast the speaking voice based off of who could match it.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Huh. Prince Humperdink was Jack Skellington. The Princess Bride is my favorite movie and I never knew that. Learn something new every day.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I’ve never heard of The Kid. This is the fourth time someone’s mentioned Bedknobs and Broomsticks to me, too, but I’ve never seen it. I don’t even know what it’s about or the slightest thing about the story. A quick Wikipedia check doesn’t really help, either, so that ones a no-go.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
sirjolt

Post by sirjolt »

Bedknobs & Broomsticks is absolutely worth watching if you can find it somewhere. Angela Lansbury and David Tomlinson is a pair of casting choices that can't go wrong. Interesting to think of Tomlinson as being in two early movies that combined live acting with animation (this movie and Mary Poppins).
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I concur on that. one of my childhood favorites
Jabroniville

Sally

Post by Jabroniville »

Sally cosplay meets with my approval.

SALLY
Played By:
Catherine O'Hara
Role: Your First Goth Crush
PL 3 (52), PL 5 (52) Defenses
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 8 (+10) -- (Flaws: Limited to Toxicology)
Intimidation 6 (+11)
Perception 4 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+7)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Premonitions" Senses 1 (Danger Sense)
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
Features: May Remive Limbs [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (Dr. Finklestein)- The mad Doctor created Sally, but is cruel and orders her around. She frequenty poisons him so she can run off by herself for a time.
Relationship (Jack Skellington)- Sally falls for him when she sees his inner depths and deep sadness.
Responsibility (Clumsy)- Sally is prone to random movements and a tripping, clumsy gait. This makes her rather recognizable, even in disguise.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 7 (52)

-Sally is a ragdoll-type girl who ends up looking like the Perfect Goth Girl- awkward, vulnerable and beautiful, while also being kind and sweet. She's a bit of a flat character, simply trying to escape the rule of her evil creator, Dr. Finklestein (whom she frequenly poisons with deadly nightshade in order to get some respite). She witnesses Jack's Lament, and finds a kindred spirit who also longs for something more than their lot in life, and this soon leads to her crushing on him, giving him advice (which he completely ignores) in his attempts to take over Christmas. In the end, they finally embrace, Jack accepting his place in life... but Sally leaving Finklestein behind, because I guess her lot sucked and Jack's really didn't. I dunno- she's sexy. It don't all have to make sense.

About the Performer: ... I got nothin'. Oh wait, she's an SCTV alum- I remember seeing her name in the credits of that show (... which I never found to be that entertaining, really. I don't get it). She's done a lot of Canadian stuff, and has appeared in a few major projects, such as Beetlejuice (as Lydia's mother), and Home Alone (as Kevin's mother).