Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Element Lad! Trainees! Wildfire! Dawnstar!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Spectrum wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:05 pm Thank goodness the ancient Greeks didn't have access to the Internet to try to poke holes in myths and legends.
As I said when I statted the Greek Gods for both this thread and my OC thread, the Greeks have the worst continuity on Earth. EVERY TOWN has their own variation of everything, and half the time they just rivet on the more famous hero to their established myth/s, bungling everything up. Even the MINOR GODDESSES have 2 or 3 potential sires.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (Element Lad! Trainees! Wildfire! Dawnstar!)

Post by Spectrum »

See, no continuity means no problems with continuity!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Nemesis Kid

Post by Jabroniville »

NEMESIS KID (Hart Druiter)
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Curt Swan
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #346 (July 1966)
Home Planet: Myar
Origin of Powers: Alchemical Potion
Eras: Original & Threeboot (as a Wanderer computer hacker)
Relationships: None
Role: The Judas, Psychopathic Killer
PL 16 (227)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+7)
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 6 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 7 (+10)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 2 (+5)
Expertise (Space Villain) 5 (+8)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 3 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 10 (Legion Gear), Fast Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Nemesis Power"
Variable 14 (Powers Based Off of Current Opponent) (Extras: Free Action +2) (Feats: Affects Insubstantial) [127]

eg: (vs) Superboy: Protection 25, Enhanced Strength 21
eg: (vs) Princess Projectra: Senses 4 (Vision Counters Illusion)
eg: (vs) Sun Boy: Environment 5 (Cold) or Immunity 10 (Flame Effects)
eg: (vs) Karate Kid: Enhanced Advantages (various fighting Advantages), Enhanced Attack & Defense Bonus, Additional Strength-Damage
eg: (vs) Saturn Girl: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects)

Equipment:
"Legion Gear"
"Telepathic Ear Plug" Comprehend 3 (Languages) (6)

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
Immunity 7 (Hot, Cold, Vacuum, Pressure, Radiation, Suffocation 2) (7)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (2)
Communication 5 (Flaws: Fifth Rank is only towards Legionnaires) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
vs. Superboy +9 (+23 Damage, DC 38)
vs. Karate Kid +23 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+24 Nemesis), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (Karate Kid)- Nemesis Kid was kicked out of the Legion after Karate Kid was accused of being "The Mole" instead. He still actively hates Val Armorr the most out of the entire Legion.
Power Loss (Powers)- Nemesis Kid works best against a single foe- more than one opponent will either confuse him, Teleport him away, or de-power him.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 127 / Defenses: 5 (227)

-Nemesis Kid involved a rather intense, moody story for 1960s comics- the kind of thing the Legion eventually became well-known for at the time. Of the four Legionnaires introduced (him, Princess Projectra, Ferro Lad & Karate Kid), he was the one ultimately revealed to be a TRAITOR, hired by the evil Khunds to destroy the Legion from within. Using one of the most powerful and original power sets in HISTORY (essentially gaining any power necessary at a time, as a counter or "nemesis" to a chosen foe), Nemesis Kid was tough as hell, but limited in other ways (a hallmark of good Silver Age writing, and comic writing in general), making him vulnerable to some of the least powerful Legionnaires like Triplicate Girl & Projectra (who actually killed him with her bare hands in a later appearance). He hasn't been a truly major force in Legion history, but as their only major traitor, he's something.

-When his plot to betray the Legion failed, he fled (gaining Teleportation as a counter to all the Legionnaires), and would eventually help found the Legion of Super-Villains, under Tarik the Mute's training. His next shot at leading that group would be the big one, as he leads them to Ornado (homeworld of Princess Projectra), deliberately targetting Karate Kid as a focus for his revenge, in addition to wanting to kill as many Legionnaires as he could.

-But really, that final battle with Karate Kid was AWESOME. There's Val Armorr, who's trained harder than anyone in history in order to perfect his physical abilities, and Druiter is just beating the CRAP out of him, taunting him the entire time with "you've fought your entire life to be this good, but I can equal you in SECONDS because of my power!". Val ends up bloody and showing injuries so gory they're all off-panel only, but still gets a few shots in, and is able to fly off in a sacrificial leap that manages to save the day. Nemesis Kid then taunts Projectra the same way (walking through her illusions), at which point she just shuts them off, looks him in the eye, scares the living hell out of him, and snaps his neck with her bare hands.

-The character never reappears properly- a corpse is resurrected by Mordru, but is destroyed. He never appears in "Reboot", and a "Threeboot" version wasn't shown to have any powers on-panel- he was one of Mekt Ranzz's "Wanderers" in that continuity.

-His power was pretty easy to do- in 2e, it was NAMED AFTER HIM. You know your power is unique WHEN... Anyways, it's at a ridiculously high level since it allows him to easily hang with (and eventually BEAT) people like Superboy and Mon-El one-on-one, and counter the powers of pretty much any hero you can think of, INCLUDING gaining the SKILLS AND ADVANTAGES of someone like Karate Kid (he pretty effortlessly annihilated him, only taking a few shots himself), so just being non-powered isn't necessarily a defense either. This makes him lethally powerful, but ultimately he can't hold up to a simple thing like a moderately skilled fighter like Jeckie walking up, scaring him (low Will Save) and snapping his neck. His Power Loss Complication comes up from time to time, but isn't quite problematic if he fights Superboy- since his power gives him much greater power than his opponent, he can just trump Superboy and is thus a match for most Legionnaires. But sometimes his powers flash-out or he panics when attacked by more than one person, so he's better off in solo combat. A Karate Kid solo issue showed him having to THINK to gain certain powers, but every other appearance shows it as an automatic, reactive thing.

-Without his tremendous power, he's a mere crappy PL 6-7. But WITH IT, he can go all the way up to PL 16, being enough to defeat even Superboy or Mon-El by overpowering them- not to mention all the Immunities he can get against certain opponents. He is probably individually the most powerful Legionnaire in their entire history, but of course his flaw means that TRIPLICATE GIRL can beat the pants off of him. I really like the whole concept- a villain so overwhelming that the most powerful superhero in the universe would get the living crap beaten out of him, but yet he has this tremendous Achilles Heel.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wildfire! Dawnstar! Legion Rejects! Nemesis Kid!)

Post by Davies »

The alchemical potion origin story was suggested to be part of his cover, rather than his true origins, which thus remain a mystery.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Speaking of Legion Rejects:

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Bladewind wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:45 pm Speaking of Legion Rejects:

Isn't that Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Not that I recall.

I’d have to search my back issues but in the Archie Legion he was actually Ferro and the Metal Men trying to confuse Computo.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jabroniville

Ron-Karr

Post by Jabroniville »

RON-KARR
Created By:
Edmond Hamilton & George Papp
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #315 (Nov. 1963)
Home Planet: Neptune
Origin of Powers: Unknown
Eras: Original only
Role: Lame Power Guy
PL 7 (82)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Space Villain) 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack

Powers:
"Flattening Skill"
Elongation 3 (60 feet) [3]
Immunity 5 (Falling Damage) [5]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 7) (Flaws: Limited to Physical Impacts) [8]

"Elongation Tricks"
"Malleable Form" Insubstantial 1 (Feats: Precise) (6) -- [9]
  • AE: "Form Shapes" Morph (Shapes) 2 (Flaws: Limited to Simple Shapes) (Quirk: Retains Colours -1) (4)
  • AE: "Flat Sheet" Flight 2 (Flaws: Gliding) (2)
  • AE: "Standing Sideways" Concealment (Visuals) 4 (Flaws: Limited to One Side, Partial) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+5 vs. Physical Impacts), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications: 
Motivation (A Place To Belong)- Ron-Karr was rejected from the Legion, and therefore joined the Super-Villains. However, he is not that evil himself- he just wants a group to belong to.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 13 (82)

-Ron-Karr applied for Legion Membership, but was rejected because his ability to become flat wasn't useful in battle. Dejected, he fell in with the Legion of Super-Villains, and gathered the Three Greatest Villains in History (Adolf Hitler, Nero & John Dillinger... really? A mass-murderer, a guy who wasn't even as bad as his successor Caligula, and a bank robber? That's as evil as it gets?) according to one cover. It seems like he never really wanted to become a villain- he just wanted a place to belong. His lack of fighting ability added to that, and made him pretty weak overall in battle, but he found some appreciation in the revolution against the Dominators, joining the side for good.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Guys like Ronn and Flat-Man(The Marvel equivalent) have,IMHO,some of the most intresting uses of the "Mr.Fantastic" power-set i've seen yet.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

so how much more of the Legion do we have?

because I got Legioned out pages ago
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

Long Last the Legion!
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Bladewind wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:45 pm Speaking of Legion Rejects:

From what I remember, that was just Chameleon Boy trying to throw off some villain. The original Computo, I think. He made himself look like the one Legionnaire Computo had no data on as part of some scheme.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:01 am so how much more of the Legion do we have?

because I got Legioned out pages ago
Hahahahahahaha, oh you poor bastard. I don't have these scheduled to end until May 9th. These SOBs have DOZENS of bad guys.
Jabroniville

Chameleon Chief

Post by Jabroniville »

CHAMELEON CHIEF (Jall Tannuz)
Created By:
Jerry Siegel & Henry Boltinoff
First Appearance: Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #63 (Sept. 1962)
Home Planet: Unknown (he swears it's not Durla)
Origin of Powers: Racial Abilities (maybe)
Eras: Original only
Role: Copycat Villain
PL 10 (190)
STRENGTH
2/13 STAMINA 4/11 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4, +13 Elite Forms)
Deception 5 (+7)
Expertise (Space Villain) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Durlan Physiology"
Shapeshift 7 (Flaws: Limited to Simple Physical Powers) [49]
"Re-Shape Damaged Cells" Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrowth) [3]
Senses 9 (Detect Unique Appearances- Analytical, Analytical Hearing, Vision Counters Illusion) [9]
Morph 4 (Any Form, Size or Shape) [20]

(Sample Shapeshift Powers)
"Giant Forms" Growth 12 (Str & Sta +12, +12 Mass, +6 Intimidation, -6 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -12 Stealth) -- (48 feet) (Flaws: Last Two Ranks Do Not Boost ST & STA) (25)
"Club Hands/Claws/Horns" Strength-Damage +3 (3)
"Stretchy Limbs" Elongation 3 (3)
"Winged Species" Flight 5 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (5)
"Animal Senses" Senses 2-10 (Any Animal Senses- Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision, Infravision, Detect Electricity, etc.) (2-10)
"Armoured Shell" Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 7) (12)
"Bug-Like Forms" Shrinking 16 (32)

"Shapeshift Objects" Transform (Anything to Anything) 4 [20]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Melee Weapons +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Super-Strong Forms +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Giant Forms +6 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+5-11 Larger Forms), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications: 
Enemy (Chameleon Boy, The Legion of Super-Heroes)

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 101 / Defenses: 11 (190)

-Chameleon Chief replaced Chameleon Kid (for some reason) as the opposite number to Chameleon Boy on the LSV, where he adds the ability to Shapechange Objects, but generally just grows lobster arms and tries to grab people otherwise. He debuted in the Jimmy Olsen book, showcasing the weird breadth of the Legion's stories in the Sixties- not just showing up in Adventure Comics, they pop up in Jimmy Olsen's book, Superboy, and Action Comics as well! He's just about as good as Chameleon Boy in a fight (they're generally fighting each other, and neither is shown as superior). He insists that he's not a Durlan, despite looking like one. I don't know why.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The absolute weirdest thing to happen in the Jimmy Olsen book, in retrospect, is not the occasional Legion-crossover, the weird grab bag of temporary super-powers he gained, or any of the Super-Dickery. None of that is nearly as weird as the idea that Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #134 was the debut appearance of friggin' Darkseid.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.