Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (Toni Ho! Haven! White Fox! Weapon: PRIME!)

Post by Spectrum »

brothersale wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:15 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 am Survey time!!

Testing interest in some other things- please let me know which draw your interest the most:

* Overwatch (all new)
* DC Villains (it's been noted I have relatively few non-Animated versions)

* Watchmen (all new)
I would love to see your take on Overwatch or the DC villains. And while i would like to see your take on the Watchmen, i think you may want to wait until the current Doomsday Clock series reaches its concusion, so that all the details are available for the builds.
Hate to say it, but siding with Moore on this one. DC really needs to stop it before the evil beard goes on a rampage in their office.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

DominusExMachina wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:07 am OVERWATCH and WATCHMEN!

OVERWATCH and WATCHMEN!

OVERWATCH and WATCHMEN!
Anyone want to take bets on how long until a Jab-splosion?
Jabroniville

Big Hero 6

Post by Jabroniville »

THE BIG HERO SIX:
OK, so here's a bunch of Japanese heroes that debuted over a decade ago, when the Anime Boom was JUST starting, but hadn't gained much real steam yet. Therefore, this comic kinda came and went and nobody cared. Part of the problem was that it's main characters included Sunfire & Silver Samurai. The former of whom is a famous asshole (and this is before House, Curb Your Enthusiasm and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia brought the "Asshole Protagonist" to the mainstream and made EVERY main character a complete, unadulterated jerkwad of horrific magnitude), and the latter is a crappy villain famous for losing roughly 10,000 fights to Wolverine in a row.

So it wasn't exactly packing on the starpower, which only added to the problem that Bleach and Naruto hadn't hit big yet EITHER, so there wasn't even that much hype towards Anime-focused stuff at the time. It doesn't help that in order to make the book, the creative team basically didn't just let themselves be INSPIRED by anime- they just took stuff from it and used cultural gags and knock-offs. "Hey, you know how Cutey Honey was a thing? Right? Right? Well this is a character who's totally got a similar name! Oh, how Japanese!" Nearly every character exists to be some sort of parody or goofball thing. There's a FIGHTING SUSHI CHEF on the team, too. It's basically the simplest, most moronic type of jokes, and it doesn't work, especially on a book set in the mainstream Marvel Universe.

I know dissing wacky comedy adventures like this can be considered "Anti-Fun" and all "oh, you just don't like humor in comics", but that's not it at all. I LOVE humor in comics. Deadpool's book was great fun. G.I. Joe comics had some classic bits ("For COBRAAAA!" "For personal survival, and the promise of riches!"). Snappy patter and taking the piss out of a serious character are great sources of humor. Jokes and the occasional silly villain are great. BUT... these are AWFUL jokes. Just pointing out that Cutey Honey was a thing and naming a character after it isn't HUMOR- that's just PLAGIARISM. A superhero who's actually a chef would be a great, fun, unique idea (especially if the writer knew a lot about cooking- part of the neatness of Robinson's Starman was that he was actually a fan of the same kitschy collectible stuff Jack Knight was)... but wearing a cook's outfit and using cooking implements as WEAPONS? While calling himself "Wasabi No-Ginger"? That's STUPID. Jokes should come from characters and unexpected things and stuff like that (which is why Deadpool succeeds where The Great Lakes Avengers do not)... not just having some goofy-looking idiot and going "SEE? SEE? LOOK AT THIS GOOFY-LOOKING IDIOT! AREN'T WE FUNNEEEEE?"

Personally, I think it looks dumb- generic Anime Archetypes (mostly pre-Shonen Jump in style), goofy "bwah-hah-hah!"-type humor (which is not my thing in a semi-serious work- Deadpool & the Great Lakes Avengers aren't bad because their books are like 98% jokes, but in a regular ol' comic book series it just seems lame), and bad character designs add up to make a pretty mediocre thing. Also Scott Lobdell wrote some of it, and Scott Lobdell f**king sucks.

Which makes it all the funnier that this failure of a Limited Series (written by the same guys who wrote that utterly-forgettable late-'90s Alpha Flight series that added Manbot, Flex, Radius & Murmur to the team) ended up becoming a SUCCESSFUL FEATURE FILM FROM DISNEY. The comic book characters themselves have not appeared since 2012 (as backgrounders in a Spider-Man arc, two years before the movie came out), and have yet to take advantage of the movie's popularity- the sheer number of differences between the film and the source material kind of kicks any potential for the characters in the ass.

The Roster:
* your standard "Government-Formed Superteam
The Silver Samurai- Wolverine Jobber and appointed team leader, despite being an asshole.
Honey Lemon- Secret agent with a Power Purse with nanotechnology letting her grab any object.
GoGo Tomago- A prisoner released to serve the team. Turns into an explosive ball of energy.
Hiro Takachiho- 13-year old Boy Genius. Reluctant to joint he team.
Baymax- Hiro's creation- a robot designed with the brain engrams of Hiro's late father.
Sunfire- X-allied asshole.
Sunpyre- Sunfire's sister.
Ebon Samurai- Replacement when Sammy was killed fighting Elektra- uses a demonic katana, and the blessing of Amatsu-Mikaboshi.
Wasabi no-Ginger- Fighting sushi chef.
Fred- A pal who turns into a monster.

* For these re-posts, I'm leaving off Sunfire & Sunpyre (I got to them with the "S" builds), and the Samurai guys, as I'll save them for my later "Wolverine" set.
Jabroniville

Hiro Takachiho

Post by Jabroniville »

HIRO TAKACHIHO
Created By:
Steven T. Seagle & Duncan Rouleau
First Appearance: Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1 (Sept. 1998)
Role: Child Genius
Country of Origin: Japan
Group Affiliations: The Big Hero 6
PL 6 (100)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+3)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 9 (+15)
Stealth 2 (+3)
Technology 8 (+14)
Vehicles 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Science Gear- Communication Link with Baymax), Inventor, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Flight Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [39]
Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)
"Cybernetic Display" Communication 2 (Computers) (10)
Senses 1 (Communication Link- Baymax) (1)
"Blasters" Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (21)
Protection 4 (4)
-- (48 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Blasters +5 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +1 (+5 Flight Suit), Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Honey Lemon)- Hiro has a crush on his older teammate.
Relationship (Baymax)- Hiro is devoted to his creation, especially after the death of Hiro's father. Baymax is programmed with the brain engrams of Mr. Takachiho.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 12 (100)

-Hiro Takachiho is your everyday underage Japanese science genius, and the creator of Baymax, among other things. He's made a ton of "breakthroughs", and is thus targetted by some politicians & business people who want a Japanese super-team- he rejects their offer until his mother is kidnapped by the embodiment of all the people who died at Hiroshima & Nagasaki. Eventually, he ends up leading the team. Of course never appeared after his series was cancelled. He's since been totally trumped in the "Punk asian genius with super-science" category by Amadeus Cho, anyway.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Baymax

Post by Jabroniville »

BAYMAX
Created By:
Role: Summoned Monster
PL 9 (149)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Expertise (Business) 8 (+11)
Intimidation 7 (+7)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Eidetic Memory, Power Attack

Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Morph 4 (Any Form) [20]
Variable (Monstrous Forms- Mecha, Dragon, etc.) 5 [35]

Senses 3 (Danger Sense, Communication Link- With Hiro, Radio) [3]
"Remote Monitors" Remote Sensing (Hearing & Visuals) 2 (Flaws: Noticeable) [3]
"Rocket Boots" Flight 10 (Feats: Swimming) [21]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +7 (+11 Variable), Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Hiro)- Baymax treats Hiro like a son. He is also incapable of allowing Hiro to be put in danger, by the nature of his programming.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 112 / Defenses: 9 (149)

-Baymax is a water-borne synthetic creature invented by Hiro, and programmed with the brain-patterns of Hiro's dead father. He transforms into various attack forms (usually Dragons or Mecha), all around PL 9 in intensity. This Variable effect makes him rather powerful AND expensive, as he's able to tangle with guys like Sasquatch and not be immediately ripped apart. His "Japan"-style thing is basically copying the Kaiju of Japanese cinema, or the Mecha of their TV shows. The film basically takes the name and completely alters him into a robot with a whole new concept.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Honey Lemon

Post by Jabroniville »

HONEY LEMON (Aiko Miyazaki)
Created By:
Role: Miss Fanservice, Gadget Girl
PL 9 (133)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Athletics 3 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Deception 3 (+5, +7 Attractive)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+13)
Insight 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 8 (+13)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Attractive, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Combat 6, Takedown

Powers:
"Power Purse" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [27]
Variable (Any Weapon) 6 (42)
"Wormholes" Movement 3 (Dimensional Travel 3) (Flaws: Side-Effect- Exhausted Condition) (3)
-- (45 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Melee Weapons +8 (+5-6 Damage, DC 20-21)
Weapons +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Rivalry (Go Go Tomago)- Go Go disliked the pretty & popular Honey Lemon, believing she used her looks to get ahead. Eventually, however, the two became good friends.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 27 / Defenses: 15 (133)

-Honey Lemon (an obvious play on Cutey Honey, a Fanservice Show revolving around a heroine whose clothes would shred themselves while she changed into newer, sexier outfits) is the pretty, blonde-haired (in Japan? Oh, right- Anime) Gadget Girl of the team, using a Variable array of weapons (maxing out to a Power Level of 8.5) to help out her teammates, in addition to a bunch of martial arts skill. She's also a super-genius, having created a device to access a series of wormholes, allowing her to basically use Hammerspace (the nickname given because of Akane Tendo's ability to pull a hammer out of nowhere and use it to blast Ranma for pissing her off in Ranma 1/2) to fight, and later lobbied to be made a full-fledged agent. She seemed to engage in a flirtation with Hiro Takachiko, and is generally the Fanservice/Popular Girl of the team.

-Honey Lemon has +11 accuracy and a handful of Advantages to go with it. She's not super-elite, but she's quite decent and effective for someone who's only appeared a tiny handful of times. She specialized in looking weak and helpless thanks to her good looks, then whipping out powerful weaponry.
Bladewind

Re: Jab's Builds! (White Fox! Weapon: PRIME! Big Hero Six!)

Post by Bladewind »

Had no idea this version of Big Hero 6 existed. Much prefer the Disney version based on your write up so far:

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:01 pm
DominusExMachina wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:07 am OVERWATCH and WATCHMEN!

OVERWATCH and WATCHMEN!

OVERWATCH and WATCHMEN!
Anyone want to take bets on how long until a Jab-splosion?
I'm going to say right around the time he builds Zarya. ;)
Formerly luketheduke86
HalloweenJack

Re: Kane

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:57 am ImageImageImage

WEAPON-X (Garrison Kane)
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Rob Liefeld
First Appearance: X-Force #2 (Sept. 1991)
Role: Young Punk (early personality), Weird Power Guy, Captain Poor Fashion Sense
Group Affiliations: Weapon: P.R.I.M.E., Weapon X, The Wild Pack/Six Pack
PL 9 (138)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Athletics 5 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 5 (+7)
Expertise (Mercenary) 8 (+10)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimdiation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+7)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Equipment (Spy Gear), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Jack-of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Partial-Conversion Cyborg"
"Skin-Morphing Armour" Protection 2 (Feats: Subtle) [3]
"Cybernetic Arms" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Cybernetic Eyes" Senses 1 (Infravision) [1]

"Cybernetic Arms"
Built-In Tasers" Affliction 7 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged) [14]
"Anatomic Separation" Features 2: May Separate One or Both Hands [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Tasers +11 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+6 Armour), Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Weapon-X)
Enemy (Cable)
Phobia (Claustrophic)

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 14 (138)

-Kane is a terrible design and a terrible character. He was thrown in to give Cable some backstory, as part of the failing of the Six-Pack (he lost his arms when Cable bailed on them), but ended up in his horrible red turtleneck thing with dark grey tights. Just a mess overall. His weird powers didn't help matters, and his link to the Weapon X program just served to make him seem MORE lame by comparison. He's farted around the outskirts of X-characters for a long time, too- having MUCH more of a life than the rest of the Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. goons.

-Kane debuted fighting Deadpool, grossing him out with his distinctive "his hands pop off" gimmick. He joins G.W. Bridge's anti-Cable group, getting his arm chopped off by Shatterstar, but then defeating the Mojoverse warrior by electrocuting him with the stump- this annoyed me as a kid, because I dug Shatterstar and this dude was clearly a loser. Without Liefeld around, Kane was pretty well forgotten by Fabian Nicieza, but he eventually forgave Cable's transgressions and engaged in a romantic relationship with Vanessa "Copycat" Carslyle.

-The character would actually pop up here and there, largely in "We needed a mercenary" roles, like when he rejoined the Six Pack, teamed up with Nomad, or was later seen working for A.I.M. Recently, however, he resurfaced as a crazy guy who could copy the powers of other Weapon-Xs, meaning that casual link is likely the only reason the character survived to the recent era. He's finally dead, having been blown up when he went nuts and absorbed a ton of Weapon-X powers.

-Kane's built like a weird version of the common Agent build, with some additional stuff. In 2nd Edition, though Anatomic Separation was seemingly BUILT for him (I can't think of too many others who use it), he only got two ranks of it, as it's really only there for him to strangle people from afar (a similar effects is available just by using Features 2 I think- same cost anyways). He once beat Shatterstar, but that was only because of a one-time trick (Shatty tore off one of his arms, so Kane electrocuted him with the stump's wires), but he's an alright PL 9 otherwise. He's got a Taser for long-range attacking, and Weapon-X later gave him tons of powers that are barely worth listing (probably just guns/Blasts, etc.).

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE! THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE! The Undertaker looking into the eyes of this JOBBER that stands in front of him!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Bladewind wrote: Had no idea this version of Big Hero 6 existed. Much prefer the Disney version based on your write up so far:
The movie has even less to do with the source material than most Disney flicks (turning them into a band of scientists, for example)... which is really just a huge benefit.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 am Survey time!!

Testing interest in some other things- please let me know which draw your interest the most:

* Legion of Super-Heroes reposts
* Teen Titans reposts
* Wolverine & Friends (mostly reposts)
* Overwatch (all new)
* Disney Builds reposts
* South Park (all new)
* Watchmen (all new)
* DC Villains (it's been noted I have relatively few non-Animated versions)

I'm gonna start re-reading Invincible from the beginning in anticipation of the ending, but those builds are a couple months off, yet.

South Park FTW
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:51 pm Had no idea this version of Big Hero 6 existed. Much prefer the Disney version based on your write up so far:
Yep, pretty amazing how they took a lackluster concept and punched it up into something awesome. I don't think that Disney is going to give it back to Marvel anytime soon.
Jabroniville

Go Go Tomago

Post by Jabroniville »

GO GO TOMAGO (Leiko Tanaka)
Created By:
Role: Bad Girl/Punker
PL 9 (125)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills: 
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Deception 5 (+5)
Expertise (Street Tough) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 2 (+2)
Vehicles 9 (+9)

Advantages: 
Contacts, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Tomago/Egg Form" (Alternate Form, Move Action -1) [-1]
"Egg Shield" Force Field 9 (Extras: Impervious) [18]
Flight 7 (240 mph) [14]
"Ricochet Attack" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable, Selective) (Quirks: Only at Max Power After Hitting a Few Other Targets -2) [25]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Ricochet Attack +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2 (+11 Force Field), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Reputation (Thug)- Go Go was a member of a gang of hooligans with Yakuza ties, and everyone knows it. She has a nasty attitude, and few really like her.
Rivalry (Honey Lemon)- Go Go thinks everyone treates Honey better than her, and she's right. Go Go disliked the pretty & popular Honey Lemon, believing she used her looks to get ahead. Eventually, however, the two became good friends.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 66 / Defenses: 9 (125)

-Go Go is a high-impact, "mean" kind of character with a criminal past, making her sort of the "Bad Girl" of her team. She turns into an Energy Ball thing that Ricochets all over the place, doing mega-damage after a point, which makes her PL 9. She's high-damage and high-defense for a jobber, but that's kind of how that sort of power-set would work out.
Jabroniville

Fredzilla

Post by Jabroniville »

FREDZILLA (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & David Nakayama
First Appearance: Big Hero Six #1 (Sept. 2008)
Role: Kaiju Guy
Country of Origin: Japan (Ainu Region)
PL 10 (95)
STRENGTH
1/13 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
None

Powers:
"Kaiju Aura"
Enhanced Strength 12 [24]
Protection 11 (Extras: Impervious 11) [22]
Enhanced Skills 14: Intimidation 14 (+15) [7]
Enhanced Advantages 4: Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2 [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Kaiju Aura +7 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2 (+13 Kaiju Aura, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Ainu)- Fred is one of the Ainu people, a largely-hidden minority amongst the Japanese population.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 8 (95)

-Fredzilla was created by Chris Claremont for a failed 2008 update of Big Hero Six- he's an Ainu kid who grew up in a secret S.H.I.E.L.D. base in Japan (hey wait, isn't S.H.I.E.L.D. supposed to be an American organization now? After they changed it from a worldwide one? I'm so confused). The Ainu of course being the indigenous population of the Japanese islands who were there before the MODERN Japanese showed up, and were promptly treated like every other indigenous culture ever- ie. they were stomped on and forced into crappier lands, then had their culture slowly eroded into a fraction of its former self. Because that's how the world works EVERYWHERE.

-Fredzilla's power is to basically manifest a "Kaiju Aura", that sort of works like Armor's Psionic Armor form- he doesn't have a lot of appearances, so lacks versatility. Nonetheless, he's a major-league Powerhouse, only becoming PL 10 because his accuracy bites.
Jabroniville

Wasabi-No-Ginger

Post by Jabroniville »

WASABI NO-GINGER
Created By:
Chris Claremont & David Nakayama
First Appearance: Big Hero 6 #1 (Nov. 1998)
Role: Fightin' Chef
PL 8 (91)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Acrobatics 5 (+9)
Athletics 5 (+7)
Expertise (Chef) 9 (+10)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+7)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 2 (Swords +3), Improved Critical (Stun Knives), Takedown

Powers:
"Qi Energy Knives" Affliction 5 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Split) (Extras: Cumulative) [11]

Equipment:
"Swords" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Swords +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Qi Knives +10 (+5 Affliction, DC 15)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (His Restaurant)- I guess. You can't be a "chef" without a restaurant. His bios are all pretty short.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 11 (91)

-Yes, a fighting sushi-chef superhero. This series kind of leans more heavily into the "this is WILD AND WHACKY!! GUFFAW!" type of humour that I usually hate, especially since it's actually a part of the mainstream Marvel Universe. Like... imagine the Avengers showing up in Japan, and one of the members of that country's primary super-team is a friggin' SUSHI CHEF. He doesn't even have a COSTUME. This guy is a good cook and a good fighter, and his Swords & Qi Knives (Stunning Psionic Weapons) make him a PL 7.5 hero- nothing impressive, but not super-duper awful or anything.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.