Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Maya

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:35 pm Image

Now that's how you update a character's look.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds (Glacius! Maya! Turk! Chief Thunder! Eagle! Fulgore!)

Post by Ares »

In my own headcannon of the game, Ultra-Tech has had Fulgore observing the fighters during the battle, keeping an especial eye on Jago. Fulgore makes it's debut battle in the semi-finals against Jago, and actually has counters for his abilities. It dodges the first time he does his "dragon uppercut" move, and then hits him with it's own version of the move it copied off of him. When he tries to use his fireball, Fulgore just reflects it back at him. To beat it, Jago has to use a property of his "full-screen flying kick" technique he's kept under-wraps: it can bypass projectiles. So when Fulgore tries to hit Jago with its own energy attack, he kicks right through it, smashes its face in, and then starts beating the crap out of it, ending with him running the thing through with his sword.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:32 am Nowadays I tend to also wait until the "definitive" version of a fighting game comes out. By choosing to wait to play, you can save a lot of money.

But I do know that back in the 90s, a fighting game would release a "new" version that was basically the same game with one new character...and I'd buy it without a thought.

To game companies' credit, they're still doing the same thing but, acknowledging that it's the exact same game at its core, you just buy the new characters. Compared to the past, it's actually pretty fair.

Despite this, I still almost always refuse to spend 5 bucks to get a new character. ;)
Yeah, I do recall the infamous "Capcom Sequel Stagnation" that saw a "new" version of SFII each year, which largely only changed one or two mechanics, and altered the "tiers" of fighters. They were really the only ones who were THAT bad for it, though. We had a Real Bout Fatal Fury every once in a while, but most series still came out with a real sequel periodically.

This is a handy new way to get in an artist's new Pet Character without having to wait a whole new edition, though. It's just kind of weird seeing important characters shoved into the narrative long after the game's already come out- it feels so INCOMPLETE.
Jabroniville

The Arbiter

Post by Jabroniville »

Face facts- this character has BY FAR the best theme song out of all the KI characters.

THE ARBITER
Role:
Import (From Halo)
Games: Killer Instinct (2013)
PL 9 (121)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 5 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Space Military) 6 (+9)
Intimidation 10 (+8)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Type-51 Carbine, Plasma Grenade, Energy Shield), Improved Critical 2 (Special Moves), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 8

Killer Instinct Fighting Style:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]
"No Mercy!" Features 1: May Use a Unique Move as a Finishing Move [1]
"Alien Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]

"ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAA COMBO!!!!!" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 8) (Inaccurate -2) [9]

Equipment:
"Arbiter Gear"
"Type-51 Carbine" Blast 5 (10)
"Plasma Grenade" Blast 5 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Diminished Range -1) (11.5)
"Energy Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
"Prophet's Bane" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (5)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Special Moves +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Energy Sword +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Ultra Combo +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Carbine +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Prejudice (Alien)- The Arbiter is somewhat neutral towards humanity, but does not look remotely human, and may be treated differently for it.
Power Loss (Carbine)- The Carbine runs out of ammunition occasionally (you get 18 shots in the game).

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 17 + 7 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 13 (137)

-Another character imported from another game, The Arbiter hails from Halo. He's an armor-wearing reptilian alien with an Energy Sword, a gun and some Plasma Grenades. He is not, however, a specific Arbiter, such as Thel 'Vadam from Halo 2, but an amalgamation of a generic Arbiter-type.

-Packing gear instead of strict Special Moves, the Arbiter fights as a PL 8 for the most part, but has a PL 8.5 Sword attack. One of his "Shadow Moves" (sort of like a Super you build up over time) involves an Energy Shield that gives him a temporary toughness boost.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Anyone else wonder if he's ever met Nicole-458?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I have never played a Halo game properly because I've never owned an Xbox system, but I always thought the Covenant Elites had really neat designs, as well as their cool-looking energy swords. (The jury's still out on if the Covenant Grunts are worse than Stormtroopers.)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

KorokoMystia wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:44 pm (The jury's still out on if the Covenant Grunts are worse than Stormtroopers.)
Variation of the inverse rule of ninjutsu cant have an advanced warrior race in mass numbers be competent because theyd just freight train the heroes. that's why stormtroopers couldn't hit heroes on a dare. though ironically it was a Stormtrooper who hit Leia in ROTJ.

Its why I threw Imperial Army at my PCs in SW D6. they learned rapidly that once the boys in White showed up S**t had just gotten serious and death was on the table
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:32 pm Its why I threw Imperial Army at my PCs in SW D6. they learned rapidly that once the boys in White showed up S**t had just gotten serious and death was on the table
There's an excellent rant about Stormtrooper capability here which argues that the problem isn't Stormtroopers, but the Emperor. And that Ewoks are terrifying of you really think about it...
Jabroniville

General RAAM

Post by Jabroniville »

But isn’t Rosie O’Donnell going to sue them for using her image without permission?

GENERAL RAAM
Role:
Guest Character (From Gears of War)
PL 8 (134), PL 9 (134) with Kryll Shield
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Military) 8 (+10)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 6 (+9)
Ranged Combat (Kryll) 4 (+12)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Military Rank), Equipment 1 (Serrated Sword +2, Improved Critical), Improved Critical (Kryll Swarm), Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Takedown

Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Locust Physiology" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

"Kryll Swarm" Blast 2 (Extras: Secondary Effect) (Diminished Range -1, Reduced Defenses -1) Linked to Weaken Toughness 4 (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2) (Flaws: Limited to 1 Increment Per Turn, Ends When He's Hit) (Diminished Range -1) (12) -- [15]
  • AE: "Kryll Strikes" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Secondary Effect 6) Linked to Weaken Toughness 4 (Extras: Progressive +2) (Flaws: Limited to 1 Increment Per Turn, Ends When He's Hit) (12)
  • AE: "Kryll Armor" Protection 2 (Flaws: Limited to One Attack) (1)
  • AE: "ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAA COMBO!!!!!" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 8) (Inaccurate -2) (9)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Sword +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Ultra Combo +8 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Kryll Swarm +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4 (+6 Kryll Shield), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Home Planet)- General RAAM defends his home planet against human invaders.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 17 + 7 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 14 (134)

-General RAAM is from the game series Gears of War, which is like... an FPS Military Game. Which is the most common genre in the history of the universe. I mainly remember it for the commercials that showed this HILARIOUSLY-built character- the main guy is this stereotypical Modern Video Game Dude, looking like a Warhammer Space Marine with a gigantic body and an itty bitty little square head. My friends hated it when I laughed at this ridiculous build. General RAAM is a villain of the series, I guess, and is a "Locust"- a reptilian humanoid. He's very big and strong, and uses a serrated knife and flying creatures as pets. He fights the humans who landed on and colonized his homeworld.

-General RAAM is a big, strong guy who hits with a Serrated Sword, but his unique attacks are based around a swarm of Kryll that surrounds him. Both the Blast and the Strike act as carriers for a swarm that slowly damages the opponent, and doesn't stop until RAAM is struck. I went with a Ranged Weaken Toughness effect, with flaws akin to those Vampires get (only one increment per turn, since it only does minor damage- this is to avoid using only a few ranks, which would make it impossible to damage opponents with high enough stamina). He's PL 8 but for a "Kryll Shield"- a temporary boost to his Toughness that would have to be redone every turn.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Like Halo, most of my exposure to Gears of War comes from playing it at a friend's house. RAAM was the final boss of the first game and was killed off at the end, but he was popular enough to even get his own DLC campaign in the third game! He's definitely unique at least in a FPS-verse because of the fact that he usually eschews firearms (though he certainly is skilled at using them) in place of his serrated sword and uses the Kryll swarms as his ranged attacks. The Kryll are basically like flying piranhas, too, in that a swarm of them can supposedly reduce a person to bones in seconds, so yeah, more deadly when not restricted to FIghting Game Rules. Locusts also have a insect naming scheme as you might expect from the name (despite appearing more reptilian), with a Queen at the top and Drones as the mooks.
Jabroniville

Sadira

Post by Jabroniville »

SADIRA
Role:
Lady Assassin
PL 9 (145)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 12 (+14)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+15)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Assassin) 7 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment (Paired Arm Blades- +1, Split), Defensive Attack, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 (Special Moves), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Initiative 2, Ranged Attack 9

Powers:

"Web Cling"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Movement 1 (Swinging) [2]

"Widow's Bite" Blast 4 (Diminished Range -1) (7) -- [9]
  • AE: "ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAA COMBO!!!!!" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 6) (Inaccurate -2) (7)
  • AE: "Blade Demon" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (Flaws: Distracting) (1.5)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Arm Blades +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +13 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Ultra Combo +11 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Killing People)- Sadira is the leader of a gang called the Red Eyes of Rylai, and works for UltraTech's leader, ARIA. Afterwards, she hooks up with Gargos's army.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 18 + 7 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 15 (145)

-Since there was a new Killer Instinct game, it was a good move to add a new face to the roster, since they shouldn't just do 100% retreads- Sadira was the first newbie introduced to the 2013 game. She's an evil assassin lady out to... kill people, I guess. She wasn't given much characterization in my early build, but now it seems that she was merged with the stories of many other characters- ARIA used her as UltraTech's own personal top goon, which Sadira accepted, realizing that her organization was nothing before the megacorp. However, ARIA eventually dumped her for the more powerful Cinder, leaving Sadira vengeful- she instead joins up with Gargos.

-Sadira fights like Spider-Man, using Web Lines and stuff, along with a pair of bladed gauntlets, making her another super-quick Lady Fighter, with a focus on bouncing around in the air (she has a Double-Jump, making her easily able to avoid people or "cross up" to gain greater advantage for follow-up attacks. This also lets her use Juggle Combos more). I figured her Widow's Bite would be a Snare, but it's actually a standard short-range Blast (actually it's always diagonal, but that's rather hard to utilize in a pen & paper RPG), but she can drag herself towards the opponent with a "heavy" version, which I guess is Swinging (or a weird variant of Speed).
Jabroniville

ARIA

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

ARIA (Advanced Robotics Intelligence Architecture)
Role:
Evil Robot
PL 9 (174)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 9 (+13)
Athletics 11 (+14)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+15)
Expertise (History) 6 (+13)
Expertise (Business) 7 (+14)
Expertise (Science) 7 (+14)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 6 (+8)
Technology 7 (+14)

Advantages:
Benefit 5 (UltraTech CEO), Improved Critical 2 (Special Moves), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 4 [4]
"Mechanical Senses" Senses (Low-Light Vision) [1]

"Drone Upload"
"Bass Drone" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Reduced Defenses -2) (8) -- [12]
  • AE: "Blade Drone" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 4) (Inaccurate -1) (5)
  • AE: "Booster Drone" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (4)
  • AE: "ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAA COMBO!!!!!" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 7) (Inaccurate -2) (8)
  • AE: "Explosive Arc" Blast 4 (Diminished Range -1, Reduced Defenses -1) (5)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Flaming Skull +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +4, Fortitude --, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Guiding Humanity)- As the new CEO of UltraTech, ARIA wishes to ensure its power, and the continued existence of the human race.
Motivation (Understanding Emotions)- Though feelings superior to humans because of her unemotional nature, ARIA wishes to experience emotions first-hand.
Relationship (Ryat Adams)- The founder of UltraTech build ARIA, and she views him a bit admirably- as a father figure.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 60--30 / Advantages: 18 + 7 / Powers: 49 / Defenses: 14 (174)

-ARIA is a character created for "Season Two" of the 2013 Killer Instinct remake, and is an artificial intelligence created by UltraTech to guide the evolution of the human race and ensure their long-term survival. However, she eventually pulls a "Skynet" and takes over the entire thing when the founder, her father-figure, dies. She is opposed by both the heroes, and the demonic forces of Gargos, representing UltraTech in a robotic body that attaches various "Drones" to itself, thus gaining extra powers. This could technically make her three different creatures, all statted separately, but she sort of has the same amount of health as every other character- simply spread into three Health Bars instead of two. And the powers simply manifest as Alternate-Effects in-game.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

She can also use Assist Attacks from the still-functioning drones she's not uploaded into. So...yeah, she's basically a Marvel Vs. Capcom character. (Seriously, it all fits. Three "characters" that she can switch between and have the inactive ones use assists) Her "Instinct Mode" lets her combine all the drones into one briefly so that she can use all the powers at once, but at the cost that all drones will take damage when she's attacked during it, and being defeated during it will make her immediately lose due to all of them being destroyed.
Jabroniville

Hisako

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

HISAKO (Chiharu)
Role:
Freaky Ghost Chick
PL 9 (143)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Secret Agent/Spy) 8 (+11)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+9)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Equipment (Naginata +2), Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 (Special Moves), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Initiative 2, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
Features 1: Adds Weapon-Damage to Specials [1]
"Onro" Immunity 3 (Sleep, Aging, Disease) [3]

"ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAA COMBO!!!!!" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 6) (Inaccurate -2) (7) -- [9]
  • AE: Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (5)
  • AE: "Suction Force" Move Object 5 (Flaws: Limited to Towards Herself) (5)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Naginata +13 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +11 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +14

Defenses:

Complications:
Enemy (Ultratech)- Ultratech has disturbed her resting place, and now Hisako craves vengeance.
Responsibility (Training Kim Wu)- Hisako has been charged with aiding Kim Wu.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 14 + 7 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 16 (143)

SHIN HISAKO (Chiharu)
Role:
Freaky Ghost Chick
PL 9 (143)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Secret Agent/Spy) 8 (+11)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+9)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Equipment (Katana +3), Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 (Special Moves), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Initiative 2, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
Features 1: Adds Weapon-Damage to Specials [1]
"Onro" Immunity 3 (Sleep, Aging, Disease) [3]

"ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAA COMBO!!!!!" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 6) (Inaccurate -2) (7) -- [9]
  • AE: "Shin Puncture" Strength-Damage +0 Linked to Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Inaccurate -1) (5)
  • AE: Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (5)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Katana +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Shin Puncture +11 (+6 Affliction & +5 Damage, DC 16 & 20)
Special Moves +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Ultra Combo +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +14

Defenses:

Complications:
Enemy (Ultratech)- Ultratech has disturbed her resting place, and now Hisako craves vengeance.
Responsibility (Training Kim Wu)- Hisako has been charged with aiding Kim Wu.
Power Loss (All Powers)- Hisako's powers are at their best with a Spirit Orb present- she must spend a turn to create one. They may be damaged by the attacks of others. Without an Orb present, all powers are at -1 or 2.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 14 + 7 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 16 (143)

-Hisako seems heavily inspired by the modern trends in Japanese horror films, particularly stuff like Ringu, featuring herky-jerky movements, super-pale girls, and insectoid walking- all "Uncanny Valley"-type stuff. She's an "Onryo"- an avenging ghost called from purgatory to harm the living. In her case, the vengeance is of course meant for ULTRATECH, because they're responsible for everything. She was a young samurai's daughter who died after trying to avenge his death, and the shrine devoted to her was disturbed by Ultratech. She manages to defeat ARIA, but remains on Earth to train Kim Wu for her destiny, apparently being a more benevolent force.

-She gets a "Shin Hisako" version that's kinder, which features her decked out a bit more like a samurai, and wields her father's katana instead of a naginata.

-Hisako is a very defense-based character, with a very slow walking speed and a penchant towards countering- she has a separate meter- a "Wrath Meter" that will allow her to gain extra counter-attacks once it's filled.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, she trancends into a benevolent "kami" spirit after reclaiming her father's katana and becoming "Shin Hisako", all her anger and rage being purged from her spirit, and becomes calm and joyful. It works as both character development and adding another "remix" character, since of course the new version plays rather differently.