Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Lilandra! Layla Miller! Livewires! Living Monolith!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Also, naming the monkey Yoko..I wouldn't be surprised if that's a reference to Yoko Ono.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, oh man- Jason Aaron's Avengers #10- not only is Namor's group packing members of the FATHOM FIVE, but he's now opposed by the friggin' WINTER GUARD, which now also includes Perun and Vostok once more! And some kind of Squadron Supreme is there! And She-Hulk is still vascular!

Oh, and they revealed that Stingray was still alive, in the most casual manner possible ("almost"), despite not even showing him on screen. Was there some kind of Doom Patrol Fandom uprising over that or something? It seems so off-handedly done!

Almost makes me want to re-post the Namor & Winter Guard builds at some point, though those are a bit recent. Maybe I'll wait till the end of this arc, or when I go on vacation in May :).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Bruiser

Post by Jabroniville »

BRUISER
First Appearance:
Ballz (1994)
Role: Strongman
PL 5 (57)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+9)
Athletics 3 (+6)
Perception 1 (+1)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Hold

Fighting With Ballz: All-Out Attack, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Trip (Throw)

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) (Inaccurate -1) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +4 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Made of Balls)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 2 + 5 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 5 (57)

-Bruiser is the big, strong guy of the group, always flexing his muscles. He's more spry than you'd expect, with many moves being things like a cartwheel kick.
Jabroniville

Kronk

Post by Jabroniville »

KRONK
First Appearance:
Ballz (1994)
Role: Caveman
PL 5 (53)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+6)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Caveman) 6 (+4)
Perception 1 (+1)

Advantages:
Equipment (Club +2), Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 4

Fighting With Ballz: All-Out Attack, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Trip (Throw)

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: "Hock a Loogie" Blast 3 (Reduced Defenses 2, Diminished Range -2) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Club +5 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Special Moves +5 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Loogie +6 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 5 + 5 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 6 (53)

-Kronk is short and squat, and has big googly eyes that make him resemble a Fraggle. He also uses a club (well, four white balls) that he never seems to lose, so I just made it a part of him. Many of his moves consist of him grabbing the opponent and driving them into the ground, at which point he swings his club like he's Tiger Woods, and knocks the guy across the screen.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:15 am Also, naming the monkey Yoko..I wouldn't be surprised if that's a reference to Yoko Ono.
I had to look it up- that's probably the case. I don't remember that song :).

In any case, these guys aren't really deep characters (they don't even have a real PURPOSE as far as I can tell- they're just character designs with a few moves), so I'll post a bunch of them in fairly quick succession. And if you don't like it... blame Thorpocalypse, who named it as one of his picks from that list I made a few months ago :P.
Jack of Spades

Re: Jab’s Builds (Lilandra! Layla Miller! Livewires! Living Monolith! Ballz!)

Post by Jack of Spades »

Of the two Living Monolith looks you posted, I've only ever seen the shovel-head costume. Where's the other one from? Can't say I really prefer it...
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 am Oh, and they revealed that Stingray was still alive, in the most casual manner possible ("almost"), despite not even showing him on screen. Was there some kind of Doom Patrol Fandom uprising over that or something? It seems so off-handedly done!
There were a couple of articles online about Stingray's death, and how it pushed Namor into villain territory and was a waste of a character, so maybe? I'm glad to hear the's not dead, as Stingray is one of my Red Guardian characters.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Lilandra! Layla Miller! Livewires! Living Monolith! Ballz!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jack of Spades wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:21 pm Of the two Living Monolith looks you posted, I've only ever seen the shovel-head costume. Where's the other one from? Can't say I really prefer it...
I believe the first pic is from the now defunct mobile game, Avengers Alliance. It had some pretty good artwork.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 am haha, oh man- Jason Aaron's Avengers #10- not only is Namor's group packing members of the FATHOM FIVE, but he's now opposed by the friggin' WINTER GUARD, which now also includes Perun and Vostok once more! And some kind of Squadron Supreme is there! And She-Hulk is still vascular!

Oh, and they revealed that Stingray was still alive, in the most casual manner possible ("almost"), despite not even showing him on screen. Was there some kind of Doom Patrol Fandom uprising over that or something? It seems so off-handedly done!

Almost makes me want to re-post the Namor & Winter Guard builds at some point, though those are a bit recent. Maybe I'll wait till the end of this arc, or when I go on vacation in May :).
I think it was mainly so they have an out on Namor there so he doesn't come off as a stone cold killer.

Man that series is all kinds of crap at this point. Glad Namor's getting a boost but still
catsi563

Re: Jab’s Builds (Longshot! Mojo! Lockdown! Lectronn! Lynx! Lilandra!)

Post by catsi563 »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:12 am Oh, geez- I was wondering why this art seemed familiar, and then I realized that as well as Empowered and LIvewires, he also made..well..this for DC:

An Alternate Universe one-shot that really has nothing to do with the (Teen) Titans, takes place in the far future, has a lot of impenetrable technobabble, and features the usual stupid code-names that seems to be one of Adam Warren's trademarks (seriously, Witchie-Poo?), as well as Batman's mind being implanted in one of the character's bodies, because..reasons, and has like half the team dying. And one of the team members is a Reality Warping Mage who can cast pretty much any spell ever. Seriously.

Amazingly, Writeups.org actually has bios and stats for the team (well, there's only four members anyway)
I really enjoyed that one off when i found it at a friends house. some near story premises
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:29 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 am haha, oh man- Jason Aaron's Avengers #10- not only is Namor's group packing members of the FATHOM FIVE, but he's now opposed by the friggin' WINTER GUARD, which now also includes Perun and Vostok once more! And some kind of Squadron Supreme is there! And She-Hulk is still vascular!

I think it was mainly so they have an out on Namor there so he doesn't come off as a stone cold killer.

Man that series is all kinds of crap at this point. Glad Namor's getting a boost but still
Boo- that book had Ghost Rider use hell powers to turn a dead Celestial into a piloted mech, and features some of the most obscure characters in it. It’s rad.
Jabroniville

Tsunami

Post by Jabroniville »

TSUNAMI
First Appearance:
Ballz (1994)
Role: Sumo Wrestler
PL 5 (57)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+6)
Expertise (Sumo Wrestler) 6 (+6)
Perception 1 (+1)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Hold

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) (Inaccurate -1) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +5 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 2 + 5 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 6 (57)

-Tsunami is a big, fat sumo wrestler type of guy, with no ranged attacks.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:56 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Boo- that book had Ghost Rider use hell powers to turn a dead Celestial into a piloted mech, and features some of the most obscure characters in it. It’s rad.
that Ghost Rider scene was cool but I also have to remember they were fighting EXTREEEEEEEME 90s Celestials.

TBH, the only issue I've halfway liked was the ancient Ghost Rider issue with Wendigo and such, but even that didn't really get me.

Be honest, you (and Jason Aaron) just like snusnu She-Hulk ....NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
Jabroniville

Turbo

Post by Jabroniville »

TURBO
First Appearance:
Ballz (1994)
Role: Superhero
PL 5 (52)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+6)
Perception 1 (+1)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [4]
  • AE: "Super Blow" Damage 3 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Reduced Defenses -2, Diminished Range -2) (2)
  • AE: "Hovering" Flight 1 (Low Ceiling) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Special Moves +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Super Blow +3 Area (+3 Affliction, DC 13)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 6 + 5 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 7 (52)

-Turbo is a superhero with blue limbs and a white ball for a torso, and he can fly slowly above the ground and fire out an "Super Blow" that knocks enemies down.
Jabroniville

Crusher

Post by Jabroniville »

CRUSHER
First Appearance:
Ballz (1994)
Role: Fighting Rhinoceros
PL 5 (47)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Hold

Powers:
"Grab & Slam" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: "Overrun" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (2)
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Acute & Extended Scent) [2]
Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Special Moves +3 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Rhinos cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 1 + 5 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 6 (47)

-Crusher is actually a bipedal RHINOCEROS, and fights using an overrunning, grapple-based style.