Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
greycrusader

Re: Jab’s Builds (Queen Elsa!!!!! Moana! Maui! Pixar Builds!)

Post by greycrusader »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:13 pm
RUSCHE wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:02 pm I went through Bob's workout in the first movie, he is shown pulling 7 cars at a fast pace and benches a train engine as well. That would be 11 to 12 or would you say 10 and 1 to 2 points of lifting?
Pushing & pulling is easier than lifting, and these are wheeled structures, so it's hard to truly say.

As to Power Levels in the Incredi-verse- the heroes seem much less powerful on average, with a standard Kill-O-Bot doing away with most of the retired heroes off-camera. Mr. Incredible seems to be the highest standard of them, and he's more "Ben Grimm Lite". They seem to have countered it by going a bit more "James Bond" instead of focusing on "just hitting".
Yeah, I actually just PMed you regarding the PLs in the Incredibles setting, and I think you're pretty much spot on. And yes, even completely human strongmen/strongwomen have done stunts like pulling semis or buses-Jack Lalaine wasn't even a strength-athlete, just a really, really fit guy and he did things like that for publicity as well. A huge all-out push to get a massive wheeled vehicle rolling, but then it just becomes about endurance, since on a mostly flat, level surface inertia takes over.

I'd agree with the "Ben Grimm Lite" assessment of Mr. Incredible as a powerhouse; he does some power-lifting stuff, but very few "brick tricks" (an old Champions rpg term)-no shockwaves by slapping his hands together, or knocking over enemies with a stomp, or even super-leaping. He makes up for it with his reflexes, accuracy, and enhanced speed. Heck, his power-set resembles that of Warpath/Thunderbird II from the X-Verse (depending on which writer is on board for the character). Elastigirl is skilled and clever, but her malleable body isn't nearly as versatile as Mr. Fantastic, let alone someone like Plastic Man.

All my best.
greycrusader

Re: Jab’s Builds (Frozen! Zootopia! Moana! The Incredibles!)

Post by greycrusader »

Wow, looking at the pics again, Ms. Parr's...uh, assets, REALLY got played up in the sequel (I haven't seen it yet, though its on my list); I mean the hourglass and big-bottom are more exaggerated just in those screen shots. Brad Bird definitely realized the "MILF" appeal of the character.

All my best.
Jabroniville

Frozone

Post by Jabroniville »

FROZONE (Lucius Best)
Played By:
Samuel L. Jackson
Role: Black Best Friend, Ice Guy
PL 9 (135)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 5 (+8)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Super-Suit), Improved Critical (Ice), Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Ice Slides" Flight 5 (60 mph) (Extras: Affects Others) (Flaws: Platform) (Quirks: Requires Snow-Disc Thingie) [9]

"Ice Powers"
Snare 10 (30) -- [33]
  • AE: "Ice Ball" Blast 5 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Multiattack) (16)
  • AE: "Bullet Stopping" Deflect 8 (8)
  • AE: "Snow Cushion" Movement 1 (Slow Fall) (2)
Equipment:
"Super-Suit"
Protection 1 (1)
Immunity 5 (Fire Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) (2.5)
Features 2: Scratch & Tear-Resistant, Produces Ice Skates or Sledding Disc Thingie) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Snare +8 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Ice Balls +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 Super-Suit), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Secret (Super)- All Supers have been publically-banned after a long series of lawsuits drawn from their behavior. As such, all Super-activities must be carried out in secret.
Relationship (Wife)- Frozone argues with his wife enough, but she is the greatest good he is ever gonna get.
Power Loss (Dehydration)- Frozone requires water to be able to use his powers.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 14 (135)

-Frozone is the ever-classic trope "Black Best Friend", and also an excuse for Samuel L. Jackson to act like... Samuel L. Jackson in a movie. Thankfully, he is awesome, so this all works out :). Frozone is your classic Iceman-type character, with many of the same powers, and not the "never lives up to potential" flaw that hangs over Bobby Drake like an albatross no matter HOW many writers decide to be "the one who fixes Iceman" (heh- written before they made him gay). He also acts as a sounding board for Bob Parr's statements, so he's not just talking to himself- both men miss their heroing days, but Lucius is more rational about it. His argument with his wife remains one of the funniest and most iconic moments of the original film ("WHERE IS MY SUPER-SUIT, WOMAN?!?"). His powers look quite cool visually, and actually consist of him rapidly laying down additional ice (instead of just shooting it straight forward like Iceman does). While a minor power in the comics, filmmakers tend to realize just how visually impressive they look on film.

About the Performer: Samuel L. Jackson has been in about EVERYTHING, famously accepting any role he can get, simply because he loves to work. He was a more minor actor even by the early '90s (he had a bit part in GoodFellas, and was a compuer tech in Jurassic Park), but pretty soon his dramatic charisma in Quentin Tarantino films (like Pulp Fiction) made him a star. His bad-ass intonations made him perfect for just about any kind of movie, either a serious drama or an action film or a comedy. He was Mace Windu in the Star Wars prequels, the new Shaft, and allowed his image to be used for Ultimate Marvel's Nick Fury- a role he'd play in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, famously appearing in the end credits of Iron Man. He works so often, and in such big films, that he is the current all-time Box Office Leader among actors, with his films earning $5.15 billion total in overall gross in the U.S.- an average of $70.5 million per film.
Jabroniville

Omnidroid

Post by Jabroniville »

THE OMNIDROID v. 10
Played By:
None
Role: Robot Minion
PL 12 (134)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA -- AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Intimidation 2 (+13)
Perception 6 (+5)
Technology 6 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Uses Strength For Intimidation Checks), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Startle, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Machine" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
"Giant Size" Growth 10 (Str & Toughness +10, +10 Mass, +5 Intimidation, -5 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -10 Stealth) -- (36 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [21]

Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]
"Multiple Legs" Extra Limbs 2 [2]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 9) [13]

Laser Blast 12 (24) -- [25]
  • AE: "Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split, Penetrating 6) (10)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Claws +11 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Laser +10 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +14, Fortitude --, Will +0

Complications:
Responsibility (Dumb Robot)

Total: Abilities: 4 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 95 / Defenses: 13 (134)

-The Omnidroid is your standard Kill-O-Bot, but is QUITE powerful after all these upgrades, taking the entire Incredible family and Frozone to stop it. It can blast, claw or smash it's way through just about anything, and its LESSER cousins are responsible for the deaths of almost every major Super out there.
Jabroniville

Syndrome

Post by Jabroniville »

SYNDROME
Played By:
Jason Lee
Role: Unwanted Sidekick, Big Bad, Sociopathic Murderer
PL 12 (156)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (Science) 7 (+14)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Technology 7 (+14)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Wealth), Equipment 5 (Small Gadgets, Rocket Boots- Flight 6), Improved Aim, Inventor, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Stasis Ray" (Flaws: Removable) [40]
Affliction 14 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Sustained +2, Ranged) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) Linked to Move Object 6 (Flaws: Limited to Paralyzed Targets) (48) -- (49 points)
  • AE: Blast 10 (20)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Stasis Ray +10 (+14 Ranged Affliction, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Prejudice (Supers)- Rejected as a sidekick by Mr. Incredible, Buddy Pine became obsessed and filled with hatred for them. He seeks to create a world where everyone uses his gadgets in their daily lives, because when EVERYONE is Super, "NO-ONE will be."
Weakness (Cape)- Ask Edna Mode why these are a bad idea.
Weakness (Remote Control)- Syndrome's Robotic Minions are only loyal so long as he can control them via a device on his costume. Without it, they may act on their own.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 15 (156)

-Syndrome is a new super-villain, a former wannabe Boy Sidekick who got rejected by Bob Parr (who prefered to work alone... also Buddy was incompetent) and developed a deep hatred for Supers- he began murdering them one-by-one (this is a REALLY dark Disney movie), set up Mr. Incredible... only to fail because his robot outsmarted him, and he lacked Edna Mode's common sense regarding fashion. Jason Lee did a really good job as the snarky, nasty villain here, trading his usual "Straight Man" or "Funny Friend" act for a really bad piece of work- an utter sociopath who failed to realize what happens when you mistreat your underlings- he gets betrayed TWICE by them.

-Syndrome is a bit difficult to beat one-on-one, as he can whip out various powers (like that nasty Stasis Beam that easily held Mr. Incredible), and generally acts as a schemer, but he's weak defensively, and probably shouldn't be taking on the entire Incredibles Family all at once. The Omnidroid finished the battle with a single shot, f'rinstance. I really have no idea what that Stasis Beam is, though- what would resist it? The super-strong Bob, dextrous Helen and ultra-fast Dash are all equally affected.

About the Performer: A former professional skateboarder, Jason Lee got noticed by nerds for his roles in Kevin Smith's movies, starting as the sarcastic, slack-ass Brody in MallRats, getting 90% of the movie's best lines and moments to himself. This earned him a big role in Chasing Amy, Smith's most thoughtful film. His acting career took a while to take off in the mainstream, though, with one Friends star's vehicle doing pretty poorly (my friends and I went to go see it in one of Red Deer's two theaters- opening night, we were among five people there!). It wasn't until much later, with My Name Is Earl, that he took off a bit more. He later played Dave Seville in the Chipmunks movies, earning him another steady paycheck. However, his career fell off the radar in recent years.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I can't help but wonder why no one in the Incredibles world never invented quick release cape clasps.

The Omni-Droid looks a little light on the resiliency side. I would have made it bigger (and easier to hit) and tougher. I also would have made the claws, which are 6 or 7 feet long more damaging. But that's just me. The build is certainly usable as is.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Re: Jab’s Builds (Queen Elsa!!!!! Moana! Maui! Pixar Builds!)

Post by Ken »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:18 pmI'd agree with the "Ben Grimm Lite" assessment of Mr. Incredible as a powerhouse; he does some power-lifting stuff, but very few "brick tricks" ... -no shockwaves by slapping his hands together, or knocking over enemies with a stomp, or even super-leaping.
I'm pretty sure he made a very powerful leap to save the would-be-suicide jumper, and also to get to the monorail.

It may not have been "tall buildings in a single bound", but it was more leaping than I ever recall Petunia's favourite nephew ever doing.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Edna Mode

Post by Jabroniville »

“You can’t! It’s impossible! I’m far too busy. So ask me now before I again become sane.”

EDNA MODE
Played By:
Brad Bird
Role: Spotlight-Stealer, Great Artist, Great Motivator, Cape-Hater
PL 0 (51), PL 3 (51) Defenses, PL 8 (51) Fashionista
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 1 (+6)
Expertise (Fashion) 12 (+18)
Insight 5 (+10)
Perception 3 (+8)
Persuasion 7 (+12)
Technology 6 (+12)

Advantages:
Benefit 3 (Wealth), Inventor, Ultimate Fashion

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Robert & Helen)- Edna finds Robert a bit tiresome, but enjoys her chats with Elastigirl.
Motivation (Challenges)- Edna craves new and exciting challenges.
Hatred (Capes)
Rivalry (Alexandre Galbaggi)- "Elastigirl's SUPER-SUIT is by GALBAGGI!?!?!"

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 1 (51)

-One of the funniest parts in The Incredibles was Edna Mode- with only two scenes, she basically stole the show, using a hilarious quasi-Asian "old lady" voice from director Brad Bird. Here, she was depicted as a wealthy, avante-garde fashion icon whose statements came off as grouchy as they did profound. Her suits were the best in the business- Bob comes to her when his is wrecked, and she fashions incredible new tear-resistant super-suits. A later one for Elastigirl keeps up with her stretching, while those of her children all match their powers as well. But the best stuff comes from her dialogue- "NO CAPES!" she shouts, explaining the hilarious demises of various superheroes in the past (amazingly, this actually PAYS OFF in the movie's final scene!). A simple look at an aged Bob and she gives him a "my god you've gotten fat". When Helen fears that Bob is cheating on her, she cries to Edna, who slaps her a few times, reminding her that "YOU! ARE! ELASTIGIRL!!!" then casually adding "come back any time I love our visits".

-Edna only features in a couple of scenes in Incredibles 2, which is funny given a HUGE chunk of The Merch is based off of her (complete with talking dolls that actually match her movie-height pretty accurately)- "I never look back, darling- it distracts from the NOW". I guess they realized that "less is more" with this character. Her being horrified at getting stuck with Jack-Jack ("I am not a BABY PERSON, Robert!") is completely undone when she realizes his polymorphing potential. She's EXCITED at the mighty challenge now before her, and she meets it with aplomb- his flame-outs are stopped via the suit's delicious filling, it grows and shrinks with him, and they can even track his movements.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Best character! And may I point out she is a PL 8 on skills. I'm a little surprised you made her socials so high.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:25 am Best character! And may I point out she is a PL 8 on skills. I'm a little surprised you made her socials so high.
Oh geez- I always remember the Defenses now, but I forgot "high-skilled powerless people" have PL-breaking Skills :).

I made her socials high because... well, she's taken seriously. Like a legend. It's a KIND of Presence. Hell, she snapped Elastigirl back into it, and had basically retrained Jack-Jack overnight. I mean, that Ability's gotta be used for SOMETHING, right :)?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:52 am I can't help but wonder why no one in the Incredibles world never invented quick release cape clasps.

The Omni-Droid looks a little light on the resiliency side. I would have made it bigger (and easier to hit) and tougher. I also would have made the claws, which are 6 or 7 feet long more damaging. But that's just me. The build is certainly usable as is.
I dunno- +13 is a LOT of Toughness for this world, and the family was able to stop it as a group. At PL 12, it can handle a PL 10, two 9s and two 8s pretty well.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:33 pm Wow, looking at the pics again, Ms. Parr's...uh, assets, REALLY got played up in the sequel (I haven't seen it yet, though its on my list); I mean the hourglass and big-bottom are more exaggerated just in those screen shots. Brad Bird definitely realized the "MILF" appeal of the character.

All my best.
It's INSANE. It's to the point where I literally got two nearly identical PMs from people on the same day when they finally saw the movie.

One guy: "you didn't direct incredible 2 did you. because just saw it and the constant ass shots insane"

Another guy (who may or not moderate this form. I'll say nothing): "I just saw Incredibles 2. You weren't kidding about Elastigirl's ass. Good god."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Time to re-read some old comments!:

Ares:
The Incredibles is one of my favorite superhero films of all time, and is probably the best Fantastic Four movie we're ever likely to get. An interesting aspect was that it combined family drama, superheroes and 60's era James Bond tropes into one excellent film. You can see elements of it that carried over into films like X-Men: First Class. Superheroes in the Incredibles universe were probably a lot more well rounded on average than other comics supers, since as government agents they were all trained in a variety of skills that made them equal parts crime fighter and super-spy. Both Bob and Helen showed they could pretty easily infiltrate an enemy stronghold, which is pretty impressive in Bob's case when you think about it. The guy is HUGE and is a POWERHOUSE BRICK, yet the only reason he was even discovered was because of that tracker in his suit going off at the worst possible time, something he had no control over.

The fight scenes in the film were also pretty awesome, especially considering the relatively low power level of the setting. The final fight against the Omnidroid was amazing, and Bob's first fight with it was pretty awesome as well. Why this movie hasn't gotten a sequel or spin-off series I'll never know.

Another aspect about Bob I liked was that they made him genuinely sympathetic. They could have easily made him a Booster Gold style glory hound, but all he really wanted to do was save people. They made it pretty clear that it was less about glory and attention and just the fact that he had these amazing abilities that he could use to help people, and he wasn't being allowed to do it. That and the mind-crushing nature of his job was just wearing away at the poor guy. At the same time, the movie made it clear that he had let his longing for what he couldn't have make him less of a father than he could have been, so he wasn't some perfect paragon either.

Ability wise, I always so Bob as being sort of a mix of Captain America and Golden Age Superman. He was strong, tough, could run pretty fast, leap pretty far, was an excellent hand-to-hand fighter, could hit pretty much anything at range with thrown weapons (he pulls off an impressive shot on a guard with a rock or coconut at one point), etc.

Overall, it's movies like this that makes me wish we got more CGI superhero films. I love the Avengers-verse Marvel Movies, but animation is really where superheroes shine the best. I know Jab's sick of my moaning and groaning at this point, but I'd kill for a Captain Marvel film done in the same vein as the Incredibles.
Crinos!
Indeed, I love the Incredibles, and use them in the crinoverse: The family proper is based in Freedom City, Frozone is a reservist in the Freedom League, Syndrome is a high ranking member of the Crime Union, and, since time has move forward since I started the crinoverse, the Parr children are older as well: Violet is a full adult heroine and on a Sentinels team, Dash is a teenager (And will be in Avengers Academy), and Jack Jack will be starting PS238 soon.
HustlerOne!
It's a pity that the Incredibles never got a sequel. It had a lot of potential for one. They could easily introduce
the supervillains and other superheroes in the sequel. By the way is it just me or did Syndrome end up eliminating
almost all of the known superheroes from that Supers list in the DVD?
Kreuzritter wrote:
he did (excepting cape incidents), considering the secret files section was every super mentioned in the film
Hustler, again:
Well that's pretty dark when you think about it. Although their was a surprisingly large number of Supers dying
because of their capes. I wonder if the other supers had kids like the Incredibles family.

As for the supervillains I always figured they too were sanctioned by the government. Kind of like the
Guild of Calamitous intent from the Venture Brothers.
Woodclaw:
Personally I rank "The Incredibles" as #1 among the Pixar movies, it got the right mixture of commedy and important ideas (the whole "celerate mediocrity" speech was fantastic) that a good superhero movie should have. I also liked the fact that they won most of the fights by outsmarting their opponent, rather than pummeling them into the ground, essentially setting for characters that are more skilled, opposed to just being powerful.
EmeraldFlame:
I had to smile about your "big butt" comments about ElastiGirl. My wife and I had a somewhat similar conversation about her body proportions... Our conversation was more focused on the concept that she is a polymorph... her body is technically a giant rubber band. My wife thought that it would be great for child-birth and I thought that if she can control her body to elongate it or make shapes... why would she not have the body wants? She could just "will" her butt to be smaller? Just a thought...
RossN raised an interesting point, re: Mirage.
I love The Incredibles. Probably my only real problem is that Mirage never really got called on her hypocrisy - the woman who willingly assisted a serial killer in dozens of murders (which is essentially what Syndrome was doing) gets to be self righteous about valuing human life? Still it's a minor quibble for a great film.
Woodclaw's response:
I agree with you that it was a bi strange. I guess there's more unexplained backstory to Mirage's motives that we don't know about. My guess is that she had something of an anti-supers sentiment, probably believing that they were out for the glory, rather than helping people.
Crinos adds:
I think Mirage started caring about the sanctity of human life when Mr. Incredible had the chance to crush her and let her go, even after he thought his entire family was dead he didn't have it in him to kill one of their murderers, and meanwhile Syndrome was willing to gamble Mirages life on that fact. That, coupled with Syndrome happily shooting down a plane with children on it, was probably enough to convince Mirage she was playing for the wrong side.
Emerald Flame:
I would like to offer anther possibility though... What if Mirage, is actually 'burned out' by the existing "anti-super" movement and she is drawn into Syndrome's rhetoric about "when everybody is super...". She is blindly following Syndrome out of some sense of kindred... maybe even affection... I always thought that Mirage was secretly in love with Syndrome. It was not until the point in the movie where Syndrome blows up the plane and is willing to test Mr. Incredible using her life that the "veil" is lifted and she sees what she had done. Does this excuse her actions? No... but it is a possible reason...
Ross's last note:
That is probably true but I guess it still makes me uncomfortable that her being an accomplice murder gets treated relatively lightly by the story. She wasn't Syndrome's intern, she was a key part of his organisation and personally involved in scouting down ex-supers for 'missions' that she knew would lead to their deaths. She knew these people, buttered up their egoes, had casaul dinner conversations with them all the time knowing what was going to happen. That is pretty seriously evil and I'm not sure I buy helping the Incredibles escape karmically 'made up' for that.

Weirdly I think I'd like her more if she had a personal anti-super agenda. The whole Punch Clock Villain amorality actually makes her seem more villainous, not less.
Huh- whatever happened to RossN, I wonder? All his comments appear to center in my thread, but I don't recall much of him. I DEFINITELY remember him saying that he didn't consider Belle all that hot or interesting, though. For SOME REASON that debate always stuck with me :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorp with probably my favorite exchange ever :D:
0_0 Those proportions! My HEART!
Dude, you're killing me. I laughed out loud at work reading your comments when I was supposed to sneaking peeks at Roll Call in silence, so as not to tip my hand that I was, in fact, looking at Roll Call instead of working. :wink:

It's also frightening that we share the same taste in women because your assessment of what you like is pretty much mine. That personality must lead to compulsive character building as well. 8)

I love The Incredibles, definitely top 5 in comic movies ever made. The hit all the tropes with reverence and humor and Jason Lee's overacting as Syndrome was perfect hammy villainy.

Syndrome: See? Now you respect me, because I'm a threat. That's the way it works. Turns out there are lots of people, whole countries, that want respect, and will pay through the nose to get it. How do you think I got rich? I invented weapons, and now I have a weapon that only I can defeat, and when I unleash it...

Mr. Incredible throws a log at Syndrome, who dodges it and traps Mr. Incredible with his zero-point energy ray

Syndrome: Oh, ho ho! You sly dog! You got me monologuing! I can't believe it...

Classic. 8)
Jabroniville

The New Supers

Post by Jabroniville »

Next up... the new Supers from Incredibles 2, followed by the Screenslaver (SPOILERS on that one!)