Jab’s Builds! (Shingen! Leather & Lace! The Lunatic Legion!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Fantasia 2000

Post by Jabroniville »

FANTASIA 2000 (2000):
Written by:
N/A

-A largely forgotten part of the canon, it was released the same year as Dinosaur, and was an obvious sequel to Fantasia. Since the original was supposed to be added to every year (and go on repeated tours with new features), this one actually makes a bit of sense. Like the original, it's all animated shorts set to classical music. One is about flying whales, while another shows characters in Al Hirschfeld's distinctive style of caricature. It actually shows The Sorcerer's Apprentice all over again. The most famous bit of this film is Firebird Suite, which showcases a brilliant-looking phoenix devastating the countryside, with a Sprite accomplishing the symbolic rebirth of the forest.

Reception & Cultural Impact:
-About zero. This is one of the least-successful films of the whole Animated Canon, only barely make its money back, owing to only being released on IMAX at first. The movie's failing actually set off the relationship between Roy E. Disney and Michael Eisner, which indirectly led to Eisner's ouster five years later, so there's that, too. Firebird Suite is well-thought-of (just look at this goddamn PENCIL TEST), but the rest of the feature wasn't remembered. A planned Fantasia 2006 never came to fruition, though some of the planned shorts (like The Little Match Girl would see use as Disney Shorts, once those became a regular thing.
Woodclaw

Re: Fantasia 2000

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 pm Image

FANTASIA 2000 (2000):
Written by:
N/A

-A largely forgotten part of the canon, it was released the same year as Dinosaur, and was an obvious sequel to Fantasia. Since the original was supposed to be added to every year (and go on repeated tours with new features), this one actually makes a bit of sense. Like the original, it's all animated shorts set to classical music. One is about flying whales, while another shows characters in Al Hirschfeld's distinctive style of caricature. It actually shows The Sorcerer's Apprentice all over again. The most famous bit of this film is Firebird Suite, which showcases a brilliant-looking phoenix devastating the countryside, with a Sprite accomplishing the symbolic rebirth of the forest.

-About zero. This is one of the least-successful films of the whole Animated Canon, only barely make its money back, owing to only being released on IMAX at first. The movie's failing actually set off the relationship between Roy E. Disney and Michael Eisner, which indirectly led to Eisner's ouster five years later, so there's that, too. Firebird Suite is well-thought-of (just look at this goddamn PENCIL TEST), but the rest of the feature wasn't remembered. A planned Fantasia 2006 never came to fruition, though some of the planned shorts (like The Little Match Girl would see use as Disney Shorts, once those became a regular thing.
In my opinion this a criminally underated movie that had the bad luck of getting bad advertisement and even worst distribution, especially on the international market.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Atlantis

Post by Jabroniville »

ATLANTIS: THE LOST EMPIRE (2001):
Written by:
Tab Murphy, Gary Trousdale, Kirk Wise, Joss Whedon, Bryce Zabel & Jackie Zabel

-This is an interesting one. It comes on the tail end of the Renaissance (ie. well after it ended, but only by a couple years), so the hype was less extreme, the expectations were lowered, and the money was gonna be less. Even so, they did some REALLY high-tech stuff with this one, adding a bunch of CGI monsters into a film that homaged the early-20th century's idea of sci-fi & fantasy (ie. Jules Verne). It's an interesting looking movie, with Hellboy's Mike Mignola doing a lot of the design work (you can tell in a bit of the stuff, though the characters were turned more Disney-fied while looking only slightly angular- the "Disney House Style" tends to overwhelmn even the most distinctive of artists).

Basically, the whole deal is nerdy Milo Thatch (Michael J. Fox doing his "shy guy" voice) gets sent on a voyage to the Lost City of Atlantis (something his grandfather was working on for years before he died) with a "Rag-Tag Bunch of Misfits" and a military dude named Rourke in command. They lose damn near the entire expeditionary force to a giant Lobster/Leviathan, and meet up with the xenophobic, ambiguously-brown natives who've been trapped beneath the ocean's floor for thousands of years. They're to be sent home, but Milo makes nice with the local Princess Kida, and there's a double-cross from Milo's partners, and it turns into a giant fight beneath the surface of the Earth.

The movie's quite decent, with some great acting (especially from Fox), and is interesting visually, though it suffers from a handful of flaws. The plot just FLIES along- going from "We're in Atlantis" to "we're TAKING THEIR ENERGY SOURCE FOR $$$$" in all of five minutes while barely giving Milo & Kida time to interact, and they spent all this effort on making a unique society in Atlantis and then spent barely ten minutes enjoying it on-screen. It throws the entire pacing off dramatically, especially since it's mostly just people running from stuff for half the movie. The action scenes utilize state-of-the-art animation, yet it involves too much stuff going on at once, making things into kind of a mess so you can't appreciate THAT, either. The pacing means many characters (and it's a BIG cast, with Jim Varney's cook charater getting a ton of ad-libbed dialogue despite him not being in a combat role) get very little characterization- Kida in particular is on-screen an in-character for almost no time at all.

And then there's accusations that it ripped off huge chunks of Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, but the directors deny it, and I haven't seen the original so I can't say for sure. But screenshots are pretty damning to the point of "well SOMEBODY must have seen this".

Given that it's a straight-up action movie for large chunks, it was less marketable than more character-based Disney musical stories that people were used to, and the early 2000s were NOT a kind time for Action Movies (it's part of what hurt Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's early career, when 10 years previous, he would have been HUGE- it took him another ten years to really get hit after hit), it's not surprising that it disappointed at the box office (not making it's money back domestically). This makes it the first actual Box Office Bomb since The Rescuers Down Under in 1990- a very ignominious end for a very ambitious movie.

There was going to be an Atlantis TV series, but the disappointing box office meant that the idea was scrapped, and the few episodes produced were cobbled together for a Straight-To-DVD Sequel, Atlantis: Milo's Return. And that remains the movie's only legacy, as Disney more or less excommunicated it from their canon. Good luck finding ANYTHING themed around it in the Parks, or on their TV stations.

The movie's attained a bit of notoriety since its release, however, largely among nerds who really liked the cool scenery and Jules Verne stuff (Verne is REALLY big in Europe, I've discovered). Kida of course went over VERY well with men, and there's often jokes about how "Kida should be a Disney Princess!", because, well... she's a Princess. Her cool design would actually make her a stand-out member, but given how badly her movie did, I'm not seeing Disney try that until the Princess line is dying a slow death and they need ANYTHING to jolt it.

Last time I posted this, Woodclaw stated:
Here in Italy Atlantis got a very bad reputation because a lot of people -- including myself -- saw it as an attempt from Disney to capitalize on a well known Japanese series: Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water is immensely popular here, especially among people born in the '80s.
Since there was already a controversy about the Lion King being a little too close to Osamu Tetzuka's Kimba the White Lion. The striking similarity between Atlantis and Nadia caused the movie to be vastly underated and generally shunned, even by major animations nerds.
Marcosalazarm added:
You'd need to check Wikipedia for the specifics, but Milo is kind of a grown-up Jean Raltique (except he's American instead of French, an archaeology geek with some mechanics knowledge instead of a full-blown inventor (Jean created such things as an long-range steampunk airplane *on the late 1800's* and then some Professor (as in the one of GIlligan's Island)-caliber stuff on a filler arc) and the 'fall apart around a girl' jokes were lacking in Ecchi), while Kida is... well... Nadia (except that grown-up and with a hunter/gatherer/warrior culture background instead of being a circus acrobat... and being less of a Tsundere).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Hades! Circe! Mulan! Shang! Shan Yu! Tarzan! Jane!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

heh. i had two friends in college arguing about that one. One loved it, the other hated it feeling like it was a Stargate rip off.

I still remember him very loudly "OH THEY CAN'T F***ING READ?!!"

Honestly I had even forgotten that Atlantis even existed..........if it ever did.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Internet reviewer sfDebris did a very solid look into Atlantis (both the lore and the film). I'd recommend checking it out.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Marcosalazarm’s full quote:
You'd need to check Wikipedia for the specifics, but Milo is kind of a grown-up Jean Raltique (except he's American instead of French, an archaeology geek with some mechanics knowledge instead of a full-blown inventor (Jean created such things as an long-range steampunk airplane *on the late 1800's* and then some Professor (as in the one of GIlligan's Island)-caliber stuff on a filler arc) and the 'fall apart around a girl' jokes were lacking in Ecchi), while Kida is... well... Nadia (except that grown-up and with a hunter/gatherer/warrior culture background instead of being a circus acrobat... and being less of a Tsundere).

http://www.thesecretofbluewater.com/nadia00.htm
http://www.thesecretofbluewater.com/atlantis-i.htm
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... l_GcWd3b1U

Dumb idea... since you're already making the 'Atlantis' characs... can you please make some of the 'Nadia' characs at some point in the future, plz?
Alas, I've never seen Nadia, so I couldn't do that one :)

later, he adds:
OK, with Milo and Kida out, I think I can help with that:

Nadia and Jean: For starters, they're both kids. They're not physically very powerful (although Jean is a mite more strong than Nadia, and Nadia is much better at dodging stuff. Jean is also pretty tough, but it's mostly shown as slapstick gags). The fact they're kids may also be a Complication (because the rest of the cast view them as kids, treat them as kids, and try as they might, they cannot comprehend some of the crazy around them).

Nadia has been a circus acrobat and animal tamer since she was small. She seems to have the ability to communicate with animals on a limited basis (but the show never tells if it's a natural aptitude or something the Blue Water provides).

The Blue Water is pretty much a MacGuffin, but do provides to her a constant power, which is a Danger Sense (the thing blinks when something dangerous is near). Also, it's only useable by the Atlantean royals (complication since it makes her a danger magnet, also possibly a Benefit Feat).

Another Complication is that she's 'not good with people' (GAINAX-speak for 'Jerk With A Heart Of Gold').

There is the issue with King.... possibly he's a Sidekick for Nadia or a stand-alone character. Lion cub, pretty damn agile, has some anthropomorphic moments during the series where he exhibits some interesting skills (like fishing with a rod).

Jean.... kid's an inventor. Guess it would be taking Milo, changing the archaeology-related skills for tech-related skills, up the Equipment rank (and he'd carry at least a mini-toolbox), maybe even give him a rank in Headquarters (he's very good at creating workshops).

Complications: aside from being treated as 'just a kid', he's very much an absent-minded professor and a tech geek.

Other characters... may need to wait a mite longer for me to help with (at least until Roarke and Sinclair are up).
Jabroniville

Milo Thatch

Post by Jabroniville »

MILO THATCH
Played by:
Michael J. Fox
Role: The Nerdy Hero
PL 2 (37), PL 4 (37) Defenses
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+4)
Expertise (Archaeology) 9 (+12)
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 3 (+4)
Persuasion 1 (+1)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment (The Shepherd's Journal- The Map of Atlantis), Languages 3 (Almost Any), Ranged Attack 3

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +1 (DC 11), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Discovering Atlantis)- It's been the obsession of Milo ever since it was his grandfather's desire to find the fabled Lost City.
Relationship (Kida)- It's like at first sight for the nerdy linguist when he meets the confident, sexy Princess Kida.

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 8 (37)

-Milo is the main protagonist of Atlantis and stands a bit apart from the others, because he's basically Peter Parker's nerdier brother, in a sea of Handsome Leading Men and Tragic Monsters. He's played with likeable aplomb by Michael J. Fox, who did a REALLY good job here. You understand immediately that he tries hard and is non-threatening and likeable, but ends up alienating people, without coming across as annoying TO THE AUDIENCE. Not an easy thing for the "quirky dork" character to pull off. It helps that he's got the classic "dork" appearance, with the big glasses and scrawny body, and doesn't do the "Urkel/Wallowitz" thing and try to flirt with the girls in an incompetent manner. The whole "I swim pretty girlPRETTY GOOD, I swim pretty good" thing is a great definition of the difference (and is probably a Joss Whedon line, knowing him). he's not much in a fight (check his combat against Rourke- Rourke just grabs Milo's fist and slams it back into his face), but he's more athletic than you'd think (climbing up that damn super-pedestal would NOT be easy, and he can swim "pretty good" as he says), and has a wealth of linguistics knowledge (of course, it helps that the Atlanteans automatically speak all languages because of Magic- well that or Atlantean being a root language, but that makes no sense).

-A funny thing that I associate with the character is Wiki sites, because APPARENTLY someone edits his friggin' Disney Wiki page at least once a week, because I've been receiving constant updates from it since like 2013. I'm too lazy to unsubscribe from it or something, lol.

About the Performer: Local boy Michael J. Fox is and was a big name and a heck of a "get" for a nebbish character. Despite being super-tiny and childlike, Fox was VERY popular with girls, looking about as nonthreatening and cute as humanly possible during the course of Family Ties, which made him a huge star (at its peak, the show drew 1/3 of American households every week, which you'll never see again in a sitcom). And unlike MANY Teen Stars and '80s celebrities... he JUST. KEPT. WORKING. He famously played Marty McFly in the Back To The Future trilogy, which resulted in eternal classics that ensure he'll ALWAYS be recognized. He didn't even stop there- I thought Teen Wolf was really awful (I just don't get it), but it ALSO did amazingly well (leading to a TV series, which I remember seeing a lot of- right place, right time).

-He segued that into a career as an older actor, but that went a bit iffy (a few big hits, and then a few things like Doc Hollywood and The Frighteners, both of which disappointed)... until Spin City, a clever comedy about the Deputy Mayor of New York, hit big and made him an established TV star again. The show did AMAZINGLY well, and I really loved it, but his career famously took a hit when he revealed a diagnosis with Parkinson's Disease, which has turned him into more of a "Cause Celebrity", as the disabling illness has kept him from much regular work. He had to leave his show, usually doing bit parts from then on (imprsesively so in Scrubs, where his charater has crippling OCD, despite being the God of Doctors otherwise, and loses his shit out of frustration), and voice acting (like for Stuart Little). He's become an activist for causes related to his condition (you REALLY don't wanna have a disease that DOESN'T have a celebrity who suffers from it), especially stem cell research. His crumbling physical condition is VERY apparent to people who see him these days, and it's a pretty tragic thing to watch, especially since it's been happening for twenty years. He missed the Calgary Comic Expo over it, and was barely legible at a conference my mother attended.
greycrusader

Re: Jab's Builds! (Shan Yu! Tarzan! Jane! Queen La! Dinosaur! Atlantis!)

Post by greycrusader »

MUCH respect for Michael J Fox; he was struggling badly with Parkinson's during his really critically well-received guest runs/recurring star bits on Boston Legal and The Good Wife. And he mostly played against type both times, especially in the latter, where he portrayed an Alex P. Keaton-type who grey up to be a conniving, callous conservative instead of a decent, empathetic conservative (oddly, his onetime co-star Julianna Marguilles pulled a similar move recently with her role as a hypocritical, faux-feminist in Dietland). Anybody who could remain positive and keep working under those circumstances is an impressive human being.
Jabroniville

The Crew

Post by Jabroniville »

SUPPORTING CREW MEMBERS:
-There were a ton of Navy-type guys on this mission, but most of them were killed when their ship was attacked by the Leviathan. Of the remainder, only a handful were given any characterization, turning into a really large supporting cast for a Disney film (which usually keeps it a bit smaller). There were still some generic Mook Crewmen, but they were never anything other than background, and were soon killed in another set of explosions in the film's climax.

The ones here were given some characterization, and were part of Rourke's plan to capture the Atlantean Power Source to sell for profit, thus betraying Milo, whom they'd only recently come to like (he was kind of a putz at first, screwing up and being incompetent). Milo guilts them over this, but once they see that capturing Kida/The Source will soon kill all of Atlantis, they switch sides and start helping Milo to get her back. These are the characters who see combat or prove themselves quite useful- there's also Cookie the cook (not good at cooking), and the chain-smoking communications officer Packerd.

Of course, it goes without saying they're a Rag-Tag Band of Misfits, and ludicrously-multiracial given the time period (and the second-in-command is a WOMAN). Most of them are actually quite competent, however, and do some good fighting with the Atlantean Fighter Bikes (basically Motorcycles with Flight & Blast 8 on them).
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Quasimodo! Esmeralda! Frollo! Hercules!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ares wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:36 am As for the scene when Herc was a kid and gets ostracized for being freakishly strong, that's actually very true to life.

Paul "The Big Show" Wight talked about how he got picked on due to his size growing up, because that's the thing: It doesn't matter how you're different, teenagers will frequently ostracize people who deviate too much from "the norm". Teenagers are so awkward due to hormones and wanting to not be different that they will immediately pick on the least normal person in the bunch so that they themselves will fit in and not be seen as different. You'd think it'd be great for a kid to be a super-genius and be able to get all of the questions right, that they'd be someone everyone would want to be friends with, but that kid is going to get the shit kicked out of him for being different.

Likewise, teenagers already get into trouble for breaking stuff because they're going through growth spurts, being incredibly awkward, and are generally uncoordinated. Now add to that someone who can bench press a building and it's no wonder people are afraid of him. And as the only guy with legit superpowers in the world, if he ever did snap at them and get angry, there's nothing they could do to stop him.

So yeah, while it was overdone, I could easily buy Herc being treated as an outcast.
I'm going back and commenting, Jab, so there. ;)

Totally on board with this take. My son is huge and went through the exact same thing. If he picked on someone, he was the bully and got in trouble. If someone called him fat or freak and he told the teachers, they rarely did anything.

And being a big, fat, black kid in the 70's, which just happened to be the heyday of the Fat Albert show, you can guess what I got to hear quite often...
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

The Mole

Post by Jabroniville »

GAETAN "MOLE" MOLIERE
Played by:
Corey Burton
Role: The Weird & Annoying One
PL 2 (36), PL 3 (36) Defenses
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 1 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+4)
Deception 4 (+2)
Expertise (Digging) 10 (+10)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 3 (+1)
Perception 3 (+2)
Stealth 2 (+4)
Technology 5 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Digging Machine, Digging Equipment, Goggles), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"At Home In The Dirt"
Burrowing 4 (1 mph) [4]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Underground) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +1 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +1 (DC 11), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Money)
Secret (Taking Atlantis' Power Source)

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (36)

-The Mole is your classic "Weird Character", and acts all crazy around dirt, digging stuff up, getting angry when others mess up his dirt, etc. Your generic Comic Relief character- I never really got into him. His VA, Corey Burton, has made a career out of replacing Paul Frees in many of his roles (like Captain Hook & Mr. Smee, as well as the Ghost Host of The Haunted Mansion). He's also The Mad Hatter, Dale in Rescue Rangers, and more- he gets a LOT of Disney work.
Spam

Re: Jab's Builds! (Quasimodo! Esmeralda! Frollo! Hercules!)

Post by Spam »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:07 pm

I'm going back and commenting, Jab, so there. ;)

Totally on board with this take. My son is huge and went through the exact same thing. If he picked on someone, he was the bully and got in trouble. If someone called him fat or freak and he told the teachers, they rarely did anything.

And being a big, fat, black kid in the 70's, which just happened to be the heyday of the Fat Albert show, you can guess what I got to hear quite often...
Hey, hey, hey?

Dammit, add Thorp to the list of Cosby's many victims.
Jabroniville

Vinny

Post by Jabroniville »

"Hey, look! I made a bridge; it only took me eight seconds!"
-Vinny, after Milo commented on the beauty of an ancient stone column

VINCENZO "VINNY" SANTORINI
Played by:
Don Novello
Role: The Weird & Annoying One
PL 2 (49), PL 3 (49) Defenses, PL 10 (49) Explosives
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Botany) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Demolitions) 11 (+11)
Intimidation 2 (+2)
Perception 4 (+4)
Technology 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 5 (Explosives, Dynamite, etc.), Ranged Attack 2, Ultimate Demolitions Skill

Equipment:
"Explosives" Damage 4-10 (Extras: Area- 30-60ft. Burst +1-2)

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Money)- Vinny wants to buy a new flower shop.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (49)

-Vinny is the "Ensemble Darkhorse" of the film, being a sarcastic, deadpan kind of guy, which is exactly the kind of thing that can make someone stand out in a Disney movie, where most people act "big". He makes a lot of sarcastic remarks, jokes about Milo blowing up a bunch, and is the source of most of the laughs, really. He knows a lot about flowers & blowing stuff up, and his array of explosives boost his PL a bit (though unlike many Super-Heroes with Area Effects, he needs to get out of the way of his own stuff, and has less of it).

About the Performer: Don Novello is most famous for playing Father Guido Sarducci on Saturday Night Live for two years (spread out across five). I remember the character's name, but... I can't remember anything about him. The name was just REALLY memorable. Sarducci himself was popular enough to show up on numerous unrelated TV shows (Blossom, even!) and networks. The character actually pre-dates SNL itself, as he'd invented it for the nightclub circuit in the early '70s. He was hired as a writer for SNL after Lorne Michaels read some of his letters as "Lazlo Toth", a strange, obtuse fellow who would send correspondence to celebrities and politicians, acting generally absurd- many of the targets of his mockery had no idea they were being messed with! His biggest stunt was showing up at the Vatican and getting arrested, in-costume, for "impersonating a priest". As Vinny in Atlantis, he was said to improvise many of his lines with a casual tone, pretty much stealing the show.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Dr. Sweet

Post by Jabroniville »

DOCTOR JOSHUA STRONGBEAR SWEET
Played by:
Phil Morris
Role: Double Minority, The Doctor
PL 4 (49)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 1 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 1 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Perception 1 (+3)
Treatment 7 (+10)
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Advantages:
Equipment (Medical Gear)

Offense:
Unarmed +1 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +4, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Money)

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 5 (49)

-Dr. Sweet is the son of a black soldier and a Native American medicine woman, and is the resident Doctor. He's the biggest of the crew, but is never seen fighting. His VA, Phil Morris, is best known for playing Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld, but has had a few other minor roles.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Philoctetes

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Woodclaw wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:52 pm
Shock wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:07 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:43 am
About the Performer: Danny DeVito is famous for being short and ugly, and typically plays characters who fit that type- cantankerous sorts, perverts and low-class individuals. He got his start in the sitcom Taxi (which netted him an Emmy), and was famously in Twins, Batman Returns, and My Cousin Vinny during my childhood, and kept getting work later, usually in bit parts- he's one of the busier actors out of this whole Disney list, but rarely in major roles until It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Still working while in his 70s, he's known to be legitimately talented but pretty much relegated to smaller joke-y roles, to the point where he was nominated for a Tony as recently as 2017.
My Cousin Vinny?
A comedy about a pair of New Yorkers going through the most godforsaken parts of Alabama. I only know it because my old GM quoted a couple of lines from it over and over again. apparently it has a pretty accurate depiction of courtroom procedure.
It's a great movie. One of Joe Pesci's few chances not to be the stereotypical gangster. One of the better "fish out of water" comedies in (moderately) recent memory IMHO.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum