Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Lei Kung! The Ninja! Master Khan! Montenegro!)

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:05 am
Ares wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:48 am Regarding the fight between Davos and Spider-Man, Danny points out that Davos had basically become drunk on the power of the Iron Fist, and was basically ignoring all of his training and swinging away like a brawler. Even a half-dead Danny was able to avoid Davos due to his swinging wildly and losing control of the IF.

Iron Fist: The Living Weapon, saw Davos return to being a villain and got some ugly cyber-arm, but my GOD that series sucked and I wish it would get retconned out of existence or just flat out ignored. It was kind of interesting having Davos genuinely learn his lesson and reform, something very few mirror image villains do.
LAME- Wikipedia hasn't been updated with that information yet (the guy who edits every moment of every comic for every X-Man must not be an Iron Fist fan), so I missed it. Also, the story sounds lame.

It occurs to me that the only time I've ever read Danny in anything before The Immortal Iron Fist was in Maximum Carnage (where he's arguably the most minor character of the heroes, being only a latecomer who does fairly little aside from an "Area Calming" one-off that's never shown up again) and Contest of Champions (where he and Daredevil manage to spar for a while, without either edging the other). So you can imagine how curious I was as to what was a retcon and what was "legit"- I'd obviously never seen Yu-Ti before, and was of course unfamiliar with Davos.

Weirder still was the fact that The Immortal Iron Fist never seemed to mention Master Khan, who was a HUGE part of Danny's backstory. Maybe they just thought it was dumb, and that Khan was too generic a threat?
My guess is that they realized that Master Khan was pretty much just tacked on to be some mystical threat to Danny, and was really kind of pointless. He was supposedly the God of K'un L'un, but he got thwarted constantly and winds up getting his head ripped off by Namor. Plus his version of K'un L'un history contradicted the origin they set up for the place. With Khan, Shao Lao the Undying was just some poor fisherman a dragon transformed into a pseudo dragon as punishment for some slight. In Immortal Iron Fist, Shao Lao is a dragon that is constantly born and reborn as the guardian beast of the city of K'un L'un, meant to be the final test for the recurring champion of the Iron Fist.

So yeah, much as I love Iron Fist, it's one of those things where the creators of Immortal Iron Fist are to him what Claremont and Byrne were to Magneto and the X-Men as a whole.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Boris & Ninotchka! Iron Fist! Lei Kung! The Ninja!)

Post by Jabroniville »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:15 pm Narwhal

So, I recently learned that Narwhals are actually very slow swimmers, with their cruising speed being about 3.7 MPH. ^_^ I don't know if it's worth keeping the Speed around 2 when you inevitably post that as a template. Sure surprised me... I probably would have given them Dolphin-type speeds.
LOL, this turned into quite the conversation today! Very funny :).

I went with 8 mph just as a general thing- it seems likely that they COULD hit that. Plus, I'm a lot more forgiving and vague about the stats of aquatic creatures in terms of speed. They can be trickier to measure than terrestrial animals.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:17 am
FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:15 pm Narwhal
LOL, this turned into quite the conversation today! Very funny :).

I went with 8 mph just as a general thing- it seems likely that they COULD hit that. Plus, I'm a lot more forgiving and vague about the stats of aquatic creatures in terms of speed. They can be trickier to measure than terrestrial animals.
8 MPH seems reasonable, 4 MPH would be too slow and 16 MPH would be too fast; They can still take double Move Actions and make an Athletics check for +1 Speed when they need too.

(I’m still always flabbergasted whenever I meet someone who doesn’t believe narwhals are real. I’ve met people who honestly believed they were invented as a internet joke.)
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I don't want to sound like a whaling idiot, but narwhals swim speeds are knot what I signed up for.

Though they do have a catchy tune - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcYVCvBq0FY
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:00 pm(I’m still always flabbergasted whenever I meet someone who doesn’t believe narwhals are real. I’ve met people who honestly believed they were invented as a internet joke.)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mashable.c ... tweet.amp/

It's a fun discussion of how unicorns make so much more sense than giraffes.

I also remember being in Russia and trying to convince my host family that hummingbirds weren't mythical creatures.
Jabroniville

Doombringer

Post by Jabroniville »

DOOMBRINGER (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Archie Goodwin & George LaRaque
First Appearance: Power Man and Iron Fist #103 (March 1984)
Role: One-Off Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 8 (130)
STRENGTH
3/5 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Government Agent) 6 (+9)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 5 (+8)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Knife), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Doombringer Powersuit" (Flaws: Removable) [33]
Enhanced Strength 2 (4)
"Force Field" Protection 4 (4)
Senses 1 (Infravision) (1)
"Color Adaptability" Concealment 2 (Vision) (Flaws: Blending) (2)

"Poison Blast" Weaken Stamina 7 (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2) (28) -- (30)
  • AE: "Kali Knife" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)
  • AE: "Spiked Knuckles" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (2)
-- (41 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Powersuit +10 (+5 Damage, DC 19)
Knuckles +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Kali Knife +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+8 Force Field), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge)- Doombringer blames the death of his family on the two Cold War powers, and now seeks to annihilate them.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 6 (130)

-Doombringer appears in only one tale, and has a sympathetic backstory- he was an American assassin, sent to kill enemy agents in a country engaged in a civil war, Russia and the U.S. supporting opposite sides. While he used an experimental armor as part of his last assignment (he was refusing further assassination missions), his wife and child were killed in a terrorist attack. Growing mad with grief, he decided to annihilate the world by setting off a nuclear war between the two world powers. He murders various figures in the split nation, each one set up to blame the other side, then finally tries to blow up Russian and U.S. fleets with some missiles. Iron Fist & Power Man, hired on the UN Secretary General, engage Doombringer and put him on the run- he finally is presumed dead after the missile silo blows up with him inside it.

-Doombringer wears a suit that enhances his physical capability, can Blend, has a retractible knife and spiked knuckles, and even has a "Poison Blast", that... shoots a laser that poisons the opponent. Characters in-story do the "boasting for the audience's benefit" thing that the suit is "Iron Man-Class", but it really isn't.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:33 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:00 pm(I’m still always flabbergasted whenever I meet someone who doesn’t believe narwhals are real. I’ve met people who honestly believed they were invented as a internet joke.)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mashable.c ... tweet.amp/

It's a fun discussion of how unicorns make so much more sense than giraffes.

I also remember being in Russia and trying to convince my host family that hummingbirds weren't mythical creatures.
There are numerous species of fish that regularly walk on land and breathe air... Three of them (the Mangrove Killifish of Africa, the Climbing Perch of India and the Snakehead of Asia) climb trees. The Mangrove Killifish gets even weirder as it's a hermaphrodite that can fertilize itself, producing genetically identical clones... An air-breathing, tree climbing, self-cloning, fish.

The real world is a lot weirder than most fictional ones. Fiction authors have to make sense.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Orson Randall

Post by Jabroniville »

THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST (Orson Randall)
Created By:
Matt Fraction, Ed Brubaker & David Aja
First Appearance: The Immortal Iron Fist #1 (Nov. 2006)
Role: Martial Artist, Gruff Predecessor, Obi-Wan Mentor Guy
Group Affiliations: The Confederates of the Curious
PL 10 (213)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 11 (+14)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+16)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 12 (+14)
Expertise (Pulp Adventurer) 10 (+12)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+6)
Expertise (History) 4 (+6)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 9 (+12)
Stealth 3 (+8)
Technology 2 (+4)
Treatment 5 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit 2 (Millionaire), Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Paired Pistols), Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Guns) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Languages 2 (Many Languages), Last Stand, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2(Close/Concealment, Ranged/Cover), Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Trance, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Break

Powers:
"Possesses the Chi of Shou-Lao the Undying"
"Gun-Fu" Blast 8 (Extras: Penetrating) (Flaws: Requires Firearms) (16) -- [19]
  • AE: "Fists Like Unto a Thing of Iron" Strength-Damage +6 (Extras: Penetrating 8) (Inaccurate -3) (11)
  • AE: "Healing Trance" Healing 6 (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Immunity 2 (Poison, Disease) (Extras: Affects Others) (10)
  • AE: "Hypnosis" Affliction 6 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Perception Range +2) (Flaws: Limited to Close Contact) (12)
"Supreme Physical Specimen"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
Senses 1 (Mystical Awareness) [1]

"Immortal Weapon" Immunity 1 (Aging) (Extras: Affects Others, Continuous) [3]

Equipment:
"Paired Pistols" Blast 5 (Feats: Split) (11)

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Iron Fist Punch +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Gun-Fu +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Hypnosis -- (+6 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
Power Loss (The Iron Fist)- While Orson is not Fatigued or Exhausted if he uses the Iron Fist Technique, he still cannot simply spam the attack out willy-nilly. His Chi is a terrible weapon, and could consume him with over-use. He can use it multiple times in succession, but it's not a "use every time" kind of attack- he will eventually get Fatigued or Exhausted, suffer incredible internal damage, or lose the attack entirely.
Responsibility (Shell-Shock)- Orson fought for the Americans in World War I, and was utterly destroyed by the experience. Witnessing hundreds of men slaughtered, he resolved to never engage in such horrors again.
Addiction (Opiates)- Orson has been "Chasing the Dragon" for decades to dull his senses from his memories, and to dull his chi against those who would sense it and hunt him down.
Relationship (The Confederates of the Curious)- Orson was devoted to his friends in the Confederates, and engaged in many amazing adventures for years with them. One has written his entire autobiography, a selection of reading that holds great interest to Danny Rand.
Relationship (Phineas Randall)- Orson's father invented The Randall Machine, a device capable of sending the user to K'un-Lun and back. Orson & his old man were not close, but came to terms with each other over the elder's deathbed.
Relationship (Wendell Rand)- Orson kept the young kid on as one of his Confederates, but always tried to dissuade him from following in his footsteps as The Immortal Iron Fist. He believed Wendell would die trying, and he didn't want that kind of a violent path for a boy he thought of as his son.
Responsibility (K'un-Lun)- Orson was meant to be the weapon & defender of K'un-Lun, but rejected its hedonistic leadership.
Enemy (The Lightning Lords of Nepal)- Orson's assassination was ordered by The Bride of Nine Spiders, who charged the Lightning Lords with killing him. Failing and dying, their heirs continually hunt Orson and anyone else bearing the mantle of "The Immortal Iron Fist".
Enemy (The Immortal Weapons)- Orson ran from his "duty" in the Tournament years ago, and was hunted by the Immortal Weapons of the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven, in order to protect the corrupt leadership of each city. After murdering The Crane Champion, he is especially hated by Crane Mother, who has resurrected the Steel Phoenix to replace her fallen daughter.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 94--47 / Advantages: 48 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 21 (213)

-Orson Randall came into the series like a hurricane, and proved that ANY retcon can be a good one if the writing is good enough (Ed Brubaker would prove this YET AGAIN by resurrecting Bucky Barnes)- he is the Iron Fist prior to Danny Rand, and survived the ages thanks to his Chi, and dulled it using opium after having a lifetime of adventures with a pulp hero-esque squad of Confederates. Returning to aid the new Iron Fist (Danny), he uncovered all of the lies and secret history of K'un-Lun, and how there are other Immortal Weapons, and than Nu-An, the current ruler, is a corrupt and vile man. He taught Danny a lot, but alas, they only had a few issues together, as Orson went the way of many Obi-Wans before him, and died fighting Davos, the resurrected villain now known as The Steel Phoenix, here to settle an old score Orson had with Crane Mother.

-It says something that a guy with a run THIS SHORT (only a handful of issues) left such a mark (especially considering how fan-ficcy the whole "I am your predecessor, and I know all of your techniques PLUS MORE because I'm so awesome" is), as Orson soon got dozens of backstory pieces in the Iron Fist book- many adventures with The Confederates of the Curious, taking on a very pulp-y tone of mystical/street-level adventure, appear in his Journals. And then he bequeathed to Danny The Book of the Iron Fist gave Danny a huge bunch of stuff to learn. Here, Danny would real the tales of the other Immortal Iron Fists, the adventures of Orson Randall and his team, and many of the mystical secrets of K'un-Lun and other realms. Alas, with the series' cancellation, we appear to have seen the last of him, but he was a hell of a character- taking part in a usually-untold portion of Marvel History (the World War I/Pre-WW II era) and using the almighty power of GUN-FU, transferring his Chi into his personal firearms.

-As a fighter, Orson is extremely elite, being a bit slower than Danny (he comes across as less lithe and agile, and more of a hardcore brawler and Blaster), and also possesses a few more mystical Chi Techniques. The most awesome of these is surely his ability to use the power of Shou-Lao the Undying to channel chi into his paired pistols, using them as SUPER-Blasters, mowing down HYDRA mooks all over the place. He can also use low-level Hypnosis (Perception Range, but he has to be pretty close to someone to use it), and is completely Immune to Aging (a power he can bestow upon others close to him- the Confederates begin dying soon after Orson himself moves on to the next life). He is also notably a LOT more Skilled than Danny- having the abilities of a longtime adventurer, detective and soldier.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

God sneezed.. and thus jellyfish were Created.

Supposedly this is based on an African creation story, but probably not.. life is strange. I may have completely forgotten the origin, but I smile when I remember the story. Once upon a time, there was no man and no woman, only people. (Something) got bored/annoyed/etc and decided to tear them apart. cleaving them in two with great gaping holes. Well, one of the good spirits saw the sad shape people were in and decided to do something about it, so gave each half person a needle and some string to close themselves back up. Well, the lady half persons used tiny little neat stitches and ran out of thread, leaving a gap down at the bottom. The men half persons, they were more sloppy, and ran out of space before they ran out of thread, leaving a little extra down there. And so, everybody is still trying to set themselves right and even out the string- which is how people get together.

Another one from my Jesuit high school physics class taught by crazy old Father Deeves. "Boys, you see God was getting bored, so he took his remote control and hit a button... and the Big Bang happened! He watched the show for a while, pretty good overall. But after a while, he got bored again... and hit another button on his remote control.. and the first human soul went into the first human being."
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
L-Space

Re: Orson Randall

Post by L-Space »

God the Immortal Iron Fist was such a great series!
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:12 pm -It says something that a guy with a run THIS SHORT (only a handful of issues) left such a mark (especially considering how fan-ficcy the whole "I am your predecessor, and I know all of your techniques PLUS MORE because I'm so awesome" is), as Orson soon got dozens of backstory pieces in the Iron Fist book- many adventures with The Confederates of the Curious, taking on a very pulp-y tone of mystical/street-level adventure, appear in his Journals. And then he bequeathed to Danny The Book of the Iron Fist gave Danny a huge bunch of stuff to learn. Here, Danny would real the tales of the other Immortal Iron Fists, the adventures of Orson Randall and his team, and many of the mystical secrets of K'un-Lun and other realms. Alas, with the series' cancellation, we appear to have seen the last of him, but he was a hell of a character- taking part in a usually-untold portion of Marvel History (the World War I/Pre-WW II era) and using the almighty power of GUN-FU, transferring his Chi into his personal firearms.
I particularly liked the story of the Iron Fist who concentrated her power through her bow and took out an invading fleet.

Ares wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:07 pm I don't want to sound like a whaling idiot, but narwhals swim speeds are knot what I signed up for.

Though they do have a catchy tune - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcYVCvBq0FY
Oooooh no no no! I'm 99% sure I know where that link leads to and I'm not getting that song stuck in my head again! It stays in there for months!
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Dog Brother #1

Post by Jabroniville »

DOG BROTHER #1 (Sihing the Orphan)
Created By:
First Appearance: The Immortal Iron Fist #8 (Oct. 2007)
Role: Martial Artist, Defender of the Helpless, Gritty Vigilante
Group Affiliations: The Immortal Weapons, The Under-City
PL 10 (178)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 10 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+14)
Deception 5 (+7)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 10 (+12)
Expertise (Streetwise) 11 (+13)
Expertise (History) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+8)
Treatment 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike, Diehard, Equipment (Samurai-Esque Armour), Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Swords) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Languages 2 (Many Languages), Last Stand, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Possesses the Chi of The Herd"
Communication (Mental) 2 (Feats: Dimensional) (Extras: Area) (Flaws: Limited to His Pack) [9]
Comprehend 2 (Animals) (Flaws: Limited to Strays) [2]

Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

"Immortal Weapon" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

"Awesome Paired Swords" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [6]
"The Exquisite Twin Cut of Buddha's Breath" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Split, Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (10 points)

Equipment:
"Samurai-Esque Armour" Protection 2 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Paired Swords +13 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +4 (+6 Armour), Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (The Under-City)- We never see this Capital City of Heaven, but he holds allegiance to it. His manner of passing the mantle to the next involves willfully allowing the other to behead him with his own blade- his chi then passes to the successor via his dogs.
Responsibility (Orphans & Strays)- Dog Brother #1 is resolute in his defense of "the truly lost"- he will kill those who threaten orphans, and has an empathic connection to the pack of stray dogs & kids who surround him. But "I am a weapon, not a God"- he can't save everyone- one nasty gang member says "I'm what happens when he never shows".

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 70--35 / Advantages: 31 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 17 (178)

-Dog Brother #1 has kind of the crappy job in The Immortal Iron Fist and it's grand tournament- while Fat Cobra gets the Main Event Push of beating down Danny Rand, and Tiger's Beautiful Daughter permanently maimed Steel Phoenix, he was the poor sap who got to lose in his first fight to The Bride of Nine Spiders. Off-panel, even- it scarcely looked like he even held the advantage! In fact, his only feats seem to involve killing Mooks & Gang Members, making him look like the poor man out of The Immortal Weapons. His powers are among the least esoteric of the group- no fancy Chi Attacks or Summons- he's just some guy with Swords and the ability to talk to his Pack.

-His solo issue was pretty good, describing his origins as a young boy named Sihing, orphaned in Canton during the First Opium War (aka "The British want to keep the opium trade going, so they go to war to force China to keep everyone addicted to drugs"). His life is AWFUL, and he loses everyone, and only THEN does the fabled Dog Brother (whose stories he'd been telling to his now-deceased young friend, trying to keep him strong) appear, kicking ass with his Dog Pack. Dog Brother commends the boy's fighting skills, and then asks if he knows how the mantle is passed down- Sihing does. And so Dog Brother takes off his armour, revealing a body full of scars, and asks Sihing to behead him. Sihing's body is then full of the Chi of the Pack, and eventually experience will guide him to even greater power.

-His name appears to come from the "Dog Brothers" organized fighting leagues going on in the Filipino martial arts community, where guys use sticks, nunchaku and even impromptu weapons (canes, garden hoses, the usual) with the understanding that "we're friends at the end of the day". Of course, the Dog Brothers are named for something Conan said in The Savage Sword of Conan, which was ALSO published by Marvel.

-Dog Brother #1 is probably the weakest out of the Immortal Weapons, at least judging by appearances & feats- he can still hang with the group, and is a great fighter in his own right (he costs 178 points, which is a ways beyond most characters with this few appearances). He's at his best using his Paired Swords, and note that oftentimes you'll see him fight with the pack of stray orphans & dogs that follow him around. At one point, you can see two dogs tearing at a man's hands while DB#1 slices him in half.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spam

Re: Jab's Builds! (Montenegro! Doombringer! Steel Serpent! Orson Randall!)

Post by Spam »

At least it's nice to see an Asian guy using swords that aren't katanas.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Spam wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:56 am At least it's nice to see an Asian guy using swords that aren't katanas.
Freaking truth.

Just wish there was something to the character's status as one of the Immortal Weapons. He seems like a mid-level D&D Ranger.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spam wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:56 am At least it's nice to see an Asian guy using swords that aren't katanas.
And him being a jobber is probably why all the rest of them do :).
Jabroniville

The Bride of Nine Spiders

Post by Jabroniville »

"Je je je je je je"

THE BRIDE OF NINE SPIDERS
Created By:
First Appearance: The Immortal Iron Fist #8 (Oct. 2007)
Role: Martial Artist, Woman Warrior, Creepy Girl
Group Affiliations: The Immortal Weapons
PL 10 (223)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+13)
Athletics 10 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+15)
Deception 2 (+6, +10 Attractive)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 10 (+11)
Expertise (History) 6 (+7)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+11)
Investigation 2 (+6)
Perception 5 (+9)
Ranged Combat (Spider Attacks) 5 (+14)
Stealth 6 (+12)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (Immortal Weapon), Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Spider Attacks), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Languages (Various), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Spider Queen"
Comprehend 2 (Animals) (Flaws: Limited to Arachnids) [2]

"Covered in Spiders" Affliction 6 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Dim. Range -1) Linked to Weaken Stamina 4 (Extras: Ranged) (Dim. Range -1) (12) -- [13]
  • AE: "The Black Milk of Hell" Blast 3 (Dim. Range -1) Linked to Weaken Stamina 4 (Extras: Ranged) (Dim. Range -1) (12)
"Summon Spiders" Summon 4 (Extras: Active, 4 Minions +4, Controlled, Continuous) [36]

"Vaulting Mantis Spine Snap" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

"Immortal Weapon" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

"Spiked Choker" (Flaws: Removable) [11]
"Mistress of All Agonies" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) (12) -- (13 points)
  • AE: "Spike Shot" Blast 4 (Diminished Range -1) (7)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Spike Shot +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Mistress of All Agonies +4 Area (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Spiders in the Eyes +14 (+6 Ranged Affliction & +4 Ranged Weaken, DC 16 & 14)
Black Milk of Hell +14 (+3 Ranged Damage & +4 Ranged Weaken, DC 18 & 14)
Initiative +15

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Home Realm)- Not much is known of the Bride's home realm, but she apparently goes their via some kind of mystical portal. Her predecessor was sent after Orson Randall repeatedly, so she apparently must follow orders.
Responsibility (Other Spiders)- When one Spider was lost a century prior, it came into the ownership of various ne'er-do-wells. Its song led the current Bride to its wereabouts, where she was happily united with it. Thus, there is apparently a kinship here.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 28 / Powers: 66 / Defenses: 17 (223)

-The Bride of Nine Spiders is easily the creepiest and most-frightening of the Immortal Weapons (Aman is more unbeatable, Fat Cobra is strongest, Danny is hardest-hitting, but The Bride's powers are to COVER YOU IN SPIDERS), and came into the series beating Dog Brother #1 off-panel and then mowing down mooks with a combination of Spiders and a Spiked Choker than can shoot out thin elongated spikes that kill people. She's also good at staring at people creepily, laughing in a sinister way ("je je je je je"), and looking the most visually-interesting of her crew. She's also easily the most-unknown of them- we've seen the life story of Fat Cobra, the origin of Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, and even get bits and pieces of John Aman, but the Bride almost never speaks, and we know nothing of her aside from that she had a predecessor that hunted Orson Randall and lost a Spider Minion once. Even her solo story was mostly about other people who met her in the last few pages. She appeared for a bit in a link to Spider-Man's Spider Island storyline. Interesting, weird character.

-The Bride is probably the least-capable physical fighter of the Immortal Weapons, but one of the trickiest to fight- her powers let her summon four separate Swarms of Spiders (but not all at once), each of which can hamper her opponents' ability to fight her (as well as cause some low-level Weaken effects), and she can basically mimic their abilities herself. Plus she can shoot at people with her weird Spiked Choker, still fight like a martial artist and talk to Spiders. So altogether she's the costliest Immortal Weapon yet- you have to fight her AND stop a bunch of Afflictions on you at once.

SPIDER SWARM
Role:
Summoned Minions
PL 6 (49)- Minion Rank 4
STRENGTH
-5 STAMINA -3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -5 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -5

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

"Biting Aura" Weaken Stamina 4 (Extras: Reaction +3) (16) -- [18]
  • AE: "Covered in Spiders" Affliction 6 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled) (Flaws: Limited Degree) Linked to Weaken Stamina 4 (7)
  • AE: "Spider Webs" Snare 5 (Flaws: Touch Range) (10)

"Difficult to Destroy"
"Fluid" Insubstantial 1 (Feats: Innate) [6]
Immunity 40 (Bludgeoning, Piercing & Slashing Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [20]

Senses 4 (Radius Sight, Ranged Touch- Accurate 2) [4]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]
Protection 5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (-5 Damage, DC 10)
Biting Aura +6 (+4 Weaken, DC 14)
Spiders in the Eyes +6 (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2, Fortitude -3, Will +0

Total: Abilities: -18 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 60 / Defenses: 4 (49)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.