Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Fighter's History! Karnov! GODZILLAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!)

Post by Ares »

Davies wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:27 am
Ares wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:27 am Though for comparison's sake, Metroplex, the biggest Transformer not named Unicron (with only about 3 other Transformers remotely close to his height) is either 200 meters tall, or 800 meters tall, depending on the source material.
Is the 800 meter version from a universe that includes Trypticon, and if so, how big is that universe's Trypticon?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroplex_(Transformers)
According to the one Japanese Comic Bom Bom article Metroplex is 800 meters tall.[3] In the Marvel U.K. Transformers comic however it says he is 698 feet (212.8 meters) tall.
I couldn't find a listing for Trypticon, but given the two are rivals in pretty much every continuity that features them both, I would guess the Decepticon City-former was roughly as big as Metroplex.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Issues of scale in Transformers are probably best ignored, for your own sanity. Chalk it all up to the alien geometries of R'lyeh.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ares wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:14 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroplex_(Transformers)
According to the one Japanese Comic Bom Bom article Metroplex is 800 meters tall.[3] In the Marvel U.K. Transformers comic however it says he is 698 feet (212.8 meters) tall.
I couldn't find a listing for Trypticon, but given the two are rivals in pretty much every continuity that features them both, I would guess the Decepticon City-former was roughly as big as Metroplex.
Proposed compromise: They're both around 800 feet (240 meters)* tall or a bit more than one original Godzilla shorter than Godzilla Earth. Conceivably threats to him, given their arsenals, though I wouldn't want to be on the same continent where they were fighting.

(*Interestingly, the same size as the Gunbuster.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:23 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:17 am
Davies wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 am This is also another movie that portrays Godzilla as acting in an unquestionably sapient manner. I would put the INT of this particular incarnation at -2, the same as Doomsday.
How so? I don't remember seeing anything like that when I watched it.
Final scene: he chooses to walk away rather than finish off the Gotengo.
That's Awareness, not Intelligence, I think. I mean, I've never seen Godzilla do stuff like tool-usage or skills or whatever that would determine intellect. At best, you get the moments in the '60s films where the monsters can "talk" to one another.
Jabroniville

Godzillasaurus

Post by Jabroniville »

GODZILLASAURUS
First Appearance:
"Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah" (1991)
Role: Huge-Sized Theropod, Oddly-Tripod-Like Dinosaur
PL 13 (127)
STRENGTH
14 STAMINA 18 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 15 (+18 Size)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 7 (-5 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Bite) 3, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent & Extended Scent 3) [5]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
"Theropod Bite" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Penetrating 6) [8]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 12 (Str & Sta +12, +12 Mass, +6 Intimidation, -6 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -12 Stealth) -- (60 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [25]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Reach) [4]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Bite +9 (+17 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +16 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +8

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Dinosaurs cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.
Weakness (Cold Climates)- The Age of Reptiles was a much hotter time period than our own. Creatures from that era will be more susceptible to Cold and Ice-based attacks.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 54 / Defenses: 24 (127)

-A pretty funny Retcon tossed into Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah in the '90s, the Godzillasaurus is meant to explain the origins of Godzilla somewhat. See, it turns out that Godzilla is actually an irradiated one of THESE things- a theropod that's lived to modern times. A SIXTY-FIVE-FOOT LONG Theropod. With a hilariously-tripod stance, because it's still a man in a suit dressed up like a theropod.

-This is all discovered when some Futurians and Japanese scientists go back in time to remove Godzilla from history- they head to World War II, and witness some American soldiers losing to the creature, as it seemingly "defends" some Japanese soldiers instead. The Futurians find the creature, injured by a naval bombardment, and dump it into the ocean, thinking they've saved the future. Unfortunately, ANOTHER nuclear accident gives this creature the ability to transform into Godzilla. There was some criticism that this scene was racist against Westerners, and showing some "wishful thinking" of a dinosaur defending Japan's own against foreigners. At least, that's what my friend's old Godzilla book said.

-Another Godzillasaurus is found in a Rodan nest in a later film, and adopted by the Big G as "Baby Godzilla", and grows slowly through the movies, finally attaining full size in Godzilla's final battle against Destroyah.

-This is just a Giganotosaurus build, modified with Growth 12 instead of Growth 6. Almost unchanged otherwise (save some Defenses bringing it up to par), it produces a PL 13 creature. No match for Godzilla himself, but a frightening adversary.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, so here's my "To-Build List" of the Toho Monsters:
Godzilla (Showa)
Godzilla (Heisei)
Godzilla (Final Wars)
---
Anguirus
Baragon
Battra
Biollante
The Deadly Mantis
Dagahara
Daicondoru
Destroyah
Dogora
Dorats
Ebirah
Frankenstein
Gabara
Gaira
Gamera
Ganimes
Gezora
Gigan
Godzillasaurus
Gorosaurus
Hedorah
Jet Jaguar
Kamacuras
Kamoebus
King Caesar
King Ghidorah
King Kong (RKO)
King Kong (Toho)
King Kong (Modern)
Kiryu
Krystalak
Kumonga
Maguma
Manda
Mechagodzilla (Showa)
Mechagodzilla (Heisei)
Mecha-King Ghidorah
Mechani-Kong
Megaguirus
Megalon
Meganulon
Minilla
MOGUERA
Mothra (Showa)
Mothra (Heisei)
MUTOs
Obsidius
Oodaku
Oodonkoru
Orochi
Rodan (Showa)
Rodan (Heisei)
Sanda
Skullcrawler
Space Godzilla
Titanosaurus
Varan
Zilla
Zone Fighter
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

No Mothra Leo! :o
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:05 am No Mothra Leo! :o
I have a thing for extra powers for that one, since I think it's around the same level as Heisei Mothra. Like, templates or whatever.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Something I'm curious about, hopefully those who are more knowledgeable about the various Kaiju than me can answer: are any of them considered to be female, aside from Zilla? I think I've read Mothra and Biollante are considered female, but that might have just been someone going "oh, a buttlerfly* and a rose, those must be the girl ones"

*Yes, actually more of a moth, as the name implies, but I'm portraying hypothetical mistakes here, so that would just be one more
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

danelsan wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:53 am Something I'm curious about, hopefully those who are more knowledgeable about the various Kaiju than me can answer: are any of them considered to be female, aside from Zilla? I think I've read Mothra and Biollante are considered female, but that might have just been someone going "oh, a buttlerfly* and a rose, those must be the girl ones"

*Yes, actually more of a moth, as the name implies, but I'm portraying hypothetical mistakes here, so that would just be one more
Almost all versions of Mothra (Mothra Leo is male, as was one of the larvae born in Godzilla vs Mothra), Biollante, one of the Rodans from the original Rodan film, the big non-flying MUTO from the 2014 film, and Megaguirus. If you expand things out to the ancillary media you get a few more, but those are generally insignificant. The Godzilla from the '98 (who is NOT Zilla, despite fan misconception) is described as being hermaphroditic in the film.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

In the Shōwa continuity, the first Godzilla (1954) is a different creature from the Godzilla seen in rest of the films of this era. Toho has never officially said so, but my assumption is that these two Godzillas were a mated pair, since Minilla had to come from somewhere...

Same for the original Rodan.

Kamacuras and Kumunga are likely female too. Since mantidae and arachnids usually are sexually dimorphic and males die quickly. Megaguirus is explicitly stated to be a mutated Meganulon Queen.

The eight-legged M.U.T.O. was female.

Biolante, being a mutated rose plant human hybrid thing, would be both male and female (like most flowering plants) and female from its human half, Erika Shiragami.

And, of course, all of the Mothras are female except Mothra Leo.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab's Builds! (Fighter's History! Mizoguchi! Zazie! Karnov!)

Post by Woodclaw »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:32 pm In 2012, the Criteron Collection released a double feature DVD that contains both the original Japanese Godzilla (1954) and the Americanized edit Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956). As both a diehard Godzilla fan (the big “G” is second only to the Batman in my pantheon) and as a dyed in the wool cinema snob (I own close to 100 Criteron films) I cannot recommend this version of these two films highly enough.

The commentary track to both films by film historian David Kalat — a film historian whose film snob bona fides are unquestionable and yet is also a Godzilla fanboy — is an absolute gem.

Rent, steal, or buy a copy.
Funny you mention that, I recently discovered that around 1966, Shin'ichi Sekizawa (the writer of the original King Kong vs Godzilla) put on paper the idea of a crossover movie between Gojira and Batman (of the Adam West persuasion). I think that just the mere thought can be filed under the "so bad it's good" category.

Also, I might add that while the 2014 Godzilla was not a spectacular movie, I think it was really enjoyable and Kong: Skull Island is really good.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:28 am And, of course, all of the Mothras are female except Mothra Leo.
Fathra?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Fighter's History! Mizoguchi! Zazie! Karnov!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

danelsan wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:46 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:05 am wasn't that Godzilla In Hell? I seem to recall that in there
Some quick googling shows that to be the case, yeah. So, at a certain point in that one, Godzilla pretty much destroys Heaven and Kaiju-God with it using his atomic breath?! As I mentioned, over the top.
I remember him killing little moth angels in there, and then towards the end managing to destroy Kaiju-Satan-Cthullu atop that mountain, but had to get devoured by demons to take over their bodies and that is such a weird series I love it.
HalloweenJack

Re: Godzilla (Final Wars)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:38 am
-The Godzilla of Final Wars is an absolute freak of nature, handily defeating foe after foe like they're nothing. He manages to beat Mothra, Rodan and King Caesar simultaneously, leaving them in a big pile, wipes out the rest of his Rogues Gallery with ease, and then defeats both Gigan AND Monster Zero, then Zero's final form, Kaiser Ghidorah. This thing would basically wipe out anything.

Anguirus. not Mothra. Godzilla and Mothra never fight in that one.