Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Genis-Vell! Phalanx! Wolverine!)

Post by Jabroniville »

I wasn't sure how many of the "Variants" I was gonna include, but many of them will probably show up. I think my old builds had both Rodan and Fire Rodan, for example. For some I'll just stick to the movies, or leave notes. That's a heck of a list, though! I'll sort through it and deal 'em out later :).
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Just be kind to my beloved Mothra.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 am Just be kind to my beloved Mothra.
Did you enjoy Mothra's Day, a few weeks ago?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:16 am
Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 am Just be kind to my beloved Mothra.
Did you enjoy Mothra's Day, a few weeks ago?
Yep, the larvae took me to Ikea.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Ares wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:58 am The Silver Samurai is, honestly, someone criminally underutilized. He has a cool name, a distinctive look, and a pretty solid set of abilities. They just need to decide if he's a villain or a reformed villain trying to be a hero. Honestly, I'd choose the latter, give Japan another good guy, even if he is another "foreign hero culture stereotype".

Honestly, I'd probably get rid of the Mutant Power bit and give him just flat out Chi powers, where he does something similar to a trick that Iron Fist picked up where he can transfer his chi into a weapon to make it extra damaging. Then you can give him a few extra chi techniques, maybe let him use his abilities on thrown weapons to give him some range, make it clear he's one of the best swordsmen around, and then figure out if he's someone who'll be fighting the heroes and fighting alongside them.
Agreed.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

I saw the end of the most recent Japanese Godzilla movie, I thought it was going to be a modern Japanese big budget movie akin to the last Hollywood version (which I enjoyed) but it was still a guy in a rubber suit trampling on miniatures.
I don't own any comics featuring the Marvel version of Godzilla, was there anything about him that was distinct from all the other versions?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:28 am Kaiju fans, help me out here

Godzilla
Manda
Mothra
Gororosaurus
Spacegodzilla
Mechagodzilla
King Kong
Mechani-Kon
Varan
Battra
Megaguirus
Anguirus
King Caesar
Jet Jaguar
Minilla
Kamacuras
Orga
Biollante
Destroyah
Ghidorah
Kiryu
MOGUERA
Gabara
Megalon
Titanosaurus
Rodan
Gigan
Hedorah
Deadly Mantis
The Frankensteins
Ebirah

Am I missing anyone big?
by the Frankensteins i assume you're including The Gargantuas?

May want to throw Odaka (the giant Octopus from King Kong vs Godzilla, War of the Gargantuas, and an alternate ending of Frankenstein Conquers The World) and Daicondoru (the big bird Godzilla kills in Godzilla vs the Sea Monster) as sort of jobber monsters (though Odaka did defeat Frankie in that alternate ending)

maybe the Yog Monsters (Gezora, Ganime, and Kamoebas) for more jobbers.

Gamera could be a whole different set

OOOH i don't see Baragon on your list there!

Zilla, Godzilla 14, the MUTOs, Skull Island Kong and the Adult Skullcrawler if you wanna do the American stuff. Or Shin Godzilla too
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Am I missing anyone big?
Pun intended ? :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

(list)

Am I missing anyone big?
Most of the names I was gonna say have been mentioned already, like Bagan, the Gargantuas (Sanda and Gaira), the original Moguera and Gezora, Legendary Pictures Godzilla and Kong, the MUTOs, ect. but I got a few more obscure names: Obsidius and Krystalak, two western-created guys created specifically for the Godzilla Unleashed fighting game. There's also a rather minor guy, the walrus kaiju Maguma from the Toho movie Gorath, mostly notable just because it's a freakin' giant walrus, and probably only useful if you want another Jobber Kaiju. If you wanna get even more obscure, the Japan-only PS1 card game Godzilla Trading Battle has a few original kaiju.

Thankfully, the Godzilla wikis seem to be pretty well detailed. There are two I know of: Gojipedia and Wikizilla. And huh, they even seem to have info on some Gamera kaiju as well. (And Zone Fighter, as well: These wikis seem to not only have Godzilla, but Toho kaiju from other movies as well, which is good.)
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

KorokoMystia wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:25 pm

(list)

Am I missing anyone big?
Most of the names I was gonna say have been mentioned already, like Bagan, the Gargantuas (Sanda and Gaira), the original Moguera and Gezora, Legendary Pictures Godzilla and Kong, the MUTOs, ect. but I got a few more obscure names: Obsidius and Krystalak, two western-created guys created specifically for the Godzilla Unleashed fighting game. There's also a rather minor guy, the walrus kaiju Maguma from the Toho movie Gorath, mostly notable just because it's a freakin' giant walrus, and probably only useful if you want another Jobber Kaiju. If you wanna get even more obscure, the Japan-only PS1 card game Godzilla Trading Battle has a few original kaiju.

Thankfully, the Godzilla wikis seem to be pretty well detailed. There are two I know of: Gojipedia and Wikizilla. And huh, they even seem to have info on some Gamera kaiju as well. (And Zone Fighter, as well: These wikis seem to not only have Godzilla, but Toho kaiju from other movies as well, which is good.)
There's also that ax-crazy thing known as Godzilla Earth from last year's anime, which makes all other incarnations of the big G looks like hobbits.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Toho’s official stance is that all their kaiju are part of the Godzilla canon, even if it makes no sense. The thinking seems to be “dude, they’re all giant monsters, we can’t keep track of it, why should you? Stop thinking about it too hard and watch them stomp on this train!” :lol:

Of course, the fans dutifully ignore this and obsessively catalogue, categorize, and detail everything. Everything. I know a guy who had a whole big theoretical model to explain why registry numbers on military equipment showed the same tanks, trucks, and planes getting destroyed at different times or in different locations. Low budget filmmmakers trying to eek an extra ¥2,000 out of the budget by reusing props or recycling footage? No! It was an elaborate PsyOps plan to foil Soviet intelligence efforts to learn the true force size of the JDF and American forces station in Japan... He had charts and diagrams and everything. I’ve meet actual military logistics officers who put less thought into moving actual military assets than this guy put into his efforts to explain away less than fifteen seconds of Godzilla Raids Again.

Goddamn, I love nerds. You are my tribe.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I like that.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Got a link for that guy's stuff BG?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:08 pm Got a link for that guy's stuff BG?
Nah, I met this guy way back in the early Nineties. He was totally old, like thirty something(!), and hung out at the local hobby shop buying models and arguing with the other customers about the obvious superiority of Space: 1989 over TNG.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:25 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:08 pm Got a link for that guy's stuff BG?
Nah, I met this guy way back in the early Nineties. He was totally old, like thirty something(!), and hung out at the local hobby shop buying models and arguing with the other customers about the obvious superiority of Space: 1989 over TNG.
Well that's just silly....everyone knows the moon was blown away from earth in 1999. It's just hard science.