Jab’s Builds (Anna! Kristoff! Olaf! Marshmallow! ELSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville
Posts: 9119
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jab's Builds! (Validus! C. Superman! Computo! Mordru! Universo!)

Post by Jabroniville » Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 am

HalloweenJack wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:57 pm
Jabroniville wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:29 am
BEHOLD!!! Coming up in only two days...

"Uranus Planet Powerrrrrrr... Make Up!" "Neptune Planet Powerrrrrrrr... Make Up!"
wait...we go from the Legion to Sailor Moon?


NO! NOOOOOO! THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL JABRONIVILLE! THIS WASN'T PART!!!!
Hey, you only barely commented on the South Park builds you'd been wanting to see for like a year. You can sit there and SUFFER through stuff you're unfamiliar with :P.

Jabroniville
Posts: 9119
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jab's Builds! (Validus! C. Superman! Computo! Mordru! Universo!)

Post by Jabroniville » Fri May 11, 2018 9:01 am

Batgirl III wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:42 pm
I want the Sailor Starlights. They’re some of my favorite characters in the franchise and the never get including in anything. No toys, no t-shirts, no S.H.Figuarts models, no nothing... Partially this stems from being supporting characters and partially from being introduced so late into the story. But, dammit, I like ‘em.

Kou Yaten is my husbando and waifu!
I've actually never even seen them in motion, given the lack of dubbing for Sailor Stars. My original 3e builds from back in the day should tide you over, though. Hopefully? Right?

Image

Right.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by MacynSnow » Fri May 11, 2018 11:06 am

Jabroniville wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:36 am
MacynSnow wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:45 am
The Raptor suit itself was rather cool,in my eyes.If someone with some Air Force/Military training used it,he/she would've been PL 8,PL 9 at the lowest.

FYI:Ford was the jerkwads that got that stuff passed in the first place(and,just like Damocles and his Sword,it was used successfully against them decades later...Ah,poetic Irony! :D ).
Interesting - what's the full story there?
Supposedly,Ford set this Draconian policy up about 2 years before the Great Deppresion hit in order to keep other Motor companies from poaching their talent(which was a big problem during that time frame,as there was even less Government Oversight then).Sadly,this type of "What's my idea is mine&What's your ideas on the job is mine too"was so successfull,other Companies started adopting it.It was used the most during the 80's and 90's,when smaller companies were trying to start up.....

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by Batgirl III » Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm

That’s because there was (and is) a big problem with people in R&D teams stealing ideas from other people and absconding to the competitior.

Imagine that Alice, Bob, and Charles are chemical engineers at Ford who are trying to develop a better break fluid. The team works for years, the company spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on it... and then one day Alice has that :idea:-moment and makes a breakthrough. Then Bob sells the formula to Oldsmobile.

Industrial espionage isn’t just an fictional plot to let Iron Man battle ninjas. It’s a major security concern for any sizable company.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
M4C8
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:17 pm
Location: South-East England

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by M4C8 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Skaramine wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:26 am
Great name... but he had an armor piercing beak? WHERE?

Killer Shrike was still more fun.
It was a handheld bladed weapon.

User avatar
Woodclaw
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Location: Como, Italy

Re: Jab's Builds! (Validus! C. Superman! Computo! Mordru! Universo!)

Post by Woodclaw » Fri May 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Bladewind wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:43 pm
Shock wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 pm
Is everyone over-caffeinated today?
No such thing as over caffeinated !

Image
I can't be even remotely caffeinated. I'm allergic to that stuff.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by MacynSnow » Fri May 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm
That’s because there was (and is) a big problem with people in R&D teams stealing ideas from other people and absconding to the competitior.

Imagine that Alice, Bob, and Charles are chemical engineers at Ford who are trying to develop a better break fluid. The team works for years, the company spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on it... and then one day Alice has that :idea:-moment and makes a breakthrough. Then Bob sells the formula to Oldsmobile.

Industrial espionage isn’t just an fictional plot to let Iron Man battle ninjas. It’s a major security concern for any sizable company.
True,but the way it was abused that got a lot of people's underoo's in a twist.The basically told employee's that any ideas they had when working for them was the Companies as long as it was done at home or not and ergardless if it was never used when they worked there.

I'm not saying they shouldn't protect themselves from Industrial Espionage,far from it,but doing it the way they have been hasn't worked either...

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by Batgirl III » Fri May 11, 2018 6:40 pm

That’s only enforceable if it was a valid part of a legal contract, so employees can’t be forced into such an arraignment.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
Ares
Site Admin
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by Ares » Fri May 11, 2018 6:53 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:27 pm
Batgirl III wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm
That’s because there was (and is) a big problem with people in R&D teams stealing ideas from other people and absconding to the competitior.

Imagine that Alice, Bob, and Charles are chemical engineers at Ford who are trying to develop a better break fluid. The team works for years, the company spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on it... and then one day Alice has that :idea:-moment and makes a breakthrough. Then Bob sells the formula to Oldsmobile.

Industrial espionage isn’t just an fictional plot to let Iron Man battle ninjas. It’s a major security concern for any sizable company.
True,but the way it was abused that got a lot of people's underoo's in a twist.The basically told employee's that any ideas they had when working for them was the Companies as long as it was done at home or not and ergardless if it was never used when they worked there.

I'm not saying they shouldn't protect themselves from Industrial Espionage,far from it,but doing it the way they have been hasn't worked either...
I can definitely understand the need for corporate security, but I likewise agree that the current policies are a bit draconian. There was a freelance writing site I was tempted to join, until I saw that they'd own any writing work I did on the side. Screw that noise.

I mean, if someone sells a project that has obvious links to something they were paid to work on while at a company, then there's a legitimate case for a lawsuit. But if someone is managing the projects assigned to them in a reasonable way, and then they have another job with products unrelated to what his previous job had, then it's a bit crazy to claim that you own any ideas they had while working for you.

The burden of proof should be on the company making the claim that the person used company time to develop their own projects, they shouldn't be able to just say "We believe that based on the timeline that you developed Idea X while working for us, therefore we own it".

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by Batgirl III » Fri May 11, 2018 7:11 pm

There was a freelance writing site I was tempted to join, until I saw that they'd own any writing work I did on the side. Screw that noise.
Thank you for illustrating my point about how companies cannot force these terms on anyone.

Always the contract before you sign, people.
The burden of proof should be on the company making the claim that the person used company time to develop their own projects[.]
That is exactly where the burden of proof rests.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
Woodclaw
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Location: Como, Italy

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by Woodclaw » Fri May 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:11 pm
There was a freelance writing site I was tempted to join, until I saw that they'd own any writing work I did on the side. Screw that noise.
Thank you for illustrating my point about how companies cannot force these terms on anyone.

Always the contract before you sign, people.
The burden of proof should be on the company making the claim that the person used company time to develop their own projects[.]
That is exactly where the burden of proof rests.
I've done that mistake twice submitting stuff for evaluation to two game companies -- which shall not be named -- and I still regret it to these days.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

Jabroniville
Posts: 9119
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Raptor (Ryder)

Post by Jabroniville » Fri May 11, 2018 8:37 pm

ImageImage

RAPTOR III (Damon Ryder)
Created By:
Marc Guggenheim & Patrick Olliffe
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #36 (July 2009)
Role: Jobber Villain
PL 8 (114)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+12)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment 4 (Paired Submachine Guns +6- Multiattack), Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Terrible Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Claws +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Enemy (Ben Reilly)- Raptor believes that Ben killed his family in "protest" against Raptor's experiments in genetic engineering. It was actually Raptor himself, while in a psychotic state.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 11 (114)

-Marvel's fourth character named "Raptor" (technically the third in continuity, since the ACTUAL third is an "MC2" character from the future), this guy was part of the "Villain of the Month" era of the Spider-Man book. He was notably in hating BEN REILLY, not Peter Parker, and attacked Pete, thinking he was Ben. It turned out that Ben was once the lab assistant to this guy, who was mutating himself using dinosaur DNA (what I love about the Marvel Universe is that no bios ever even bother indicating where this insane stuff comes from; guys can really just fly to Antarctica to get some live stuff, after all)- Kaine (another of Peter's clones) got involved, and the guy murdered his family while in a mutation-induced psychosis. Now insane, he fooled himself into thinking that BEN had killed his family!

-Raptor attacked Peter again, but Kaine then jumped in, trying to get Raptor to kill Pete, as Raptor had promised to cure him of his cellular degeneration. Spidey instead beat down Raptor, who was dragged off by Kaine. When Raptor admits to Kaine that he lied about curing him in order to secure him as an ally, Kaine snapped his neck in a fit of rage.
-So yeah, kind of a pointless guy, and a needless wrinkle in an already goofy storyline. But this was back when they were messing around with Clone Saga stuff again, as enough years had gone by that writers were comfortable with it again.

-I figure Raptor to be a PL 8 guy- he can't even beat Spider-Man (specifically weak against new threats) in his first outing, and loses handily in his second to both Spider-Man and Kaine. Standard Scrapper Build, but of course much more intelligent than normal. I dunno how many ranks in Science you need to turn yourself into a Half-Velociraptor, but given the sheer number of living velociraptors in the Marvel Universe (god I love comics), it's not as difficult as it would be in real life.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 929
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Jab's Builds! (Validus! C. Superman! Computo! Mordru! Universo!)

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri May 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 am
HalloweenJack wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:57 pm
Jabroniville wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:29 am
BEHOLD!!! Coming up in only two days...

"Uranus Planet Powerrrrrrr... Make Up!" "Neptune Planet Powerrrrrrrr... Make Up!"
wait...we go from the Legion to Sailor Moon?


NO! NOOOOOO! THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL JABRONIVILLE! THIS WASN'T PART!!!!
Hey, you only barely commented on the South Park builds you'd been wanting to see for like a year. You can sit there and SUFFER through stuff you're unfamiliar with :P.

....YOU GO TO HELL! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!!


Is that enough of a comment you sanctimonious son of a -----one second


*goes to google famous philosophers*


....TILLICH!

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by Batgirl III » Fri May 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Woodclaw wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:18 pm
I've done that mistake twice submitting stuff for evaluation to two game companies -- which shall not be named -- and I still regret it to these days.
I got @#$&'ed over by Palladium Games when I was a teenager. Work I submitted to be published in a magazine got a "thanks, but no thanks" letter... and then a few months latter something very suspiciously close to what I sent them was published with no attribution to me. Our family attorney thought that what we stood to gain versus the likely costs would be worth it. But I've held a grudge against Palladium ever since.

Read your contracts, kids... and never, ever submit written works without retaining original copies yourself.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1519
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Jab's Builds! (Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done! Raptors!)

Post by catsi563 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:17 pm

surprised to hear Palladiums usually pretty good about ownership, in fact they got screwed over pretty hard because of it a while back
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Post Reply