Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Chameleon Kid

Post by Jabroniville »

CHAMELEON KID (Toog Lintens)
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Jack Harris
First Appearance: Superboy #212 (Oct. 1975)
Home Planet: Durla
Origin of Powers: Natural Racial Abilities
Eras: Original only
Role: Mirror Image Villain
PL 9 (126)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Expertise (Space Villain) 2 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Fast Grab

Powers:
"Durlan Physiology" Shapeshift 8 [64]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Boosted Strength +7 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications: 
Enemy (The Legion of Super-Heroes)- Chameleon Kid desperately wanted to join the Legion. Upon being rejected, he decided to beat the hell out of them instead. Rational, right?

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 9 (126)

-Like Calorie Queen, Chameleon Kid was rejected for sharing the same powers as another Legionnaire (like the Disney Fairies, the Legion must have ONE member of each race... unless you're white), and decided to fight for revenge. He easily overpowers Chameleon Boy in their fight, suggesting he's stronger, but he's easily intimidated in the rematch when Matter-Eater Lad tries to bite him. He never reappeared.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Phantom Lad

Post by Jabroniville »

PHANTOM LAD
Created By:
Home Planet: Bgtzl
Origin of Powers: Racial Abilities
Role: Copycat Villain
PL 5 (85), PL 9 (xx) to Electronics
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Expertise (Space Villain) 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Bgztlian Physiology"
Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Selective) [21]
"Air Walking" Flight 2 (8 mph) (Flaws: Walking- Has to Take "Steps") [2]

"Haywire Electronics" Affliction 10 (Tech Skill of Creator; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Affects Corporeal, Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) (Inaccurate -1) [19]
Senses 2 (Detect Phantom Zone Apparitions) (Flaws: Limited- Only When Phased) [1]

Offense:
Haywire Electronics +7 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications: 
Enemy (Phantom Girl, The Legion of Super-Heroes)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 43 / Defenses: 12 (85)

-Phantom Lad, like Chameleon Kid, only lasted for a single issue and never reappeared. As Phantom Girls' opposite number, he couldn't really be hurt by the Legionnaires, but can touch Tinya, and defeats her easily in their first fight. In their second, she lures him in while being solid, and the overconfident baddie runs up and gets uppercutted by Shrinking Violet, who rapidly grows to normal height beneath him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Re: Jab's Builds! (Element Lad! Trainees! Wildfire! Dawnstar!)

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:07 pm
Goldar wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:28 pm I love love love Night Girl. She has a beehive, she is beautiful and is strong and durable enough to fight Kryptonians!

Second, I love Andromeda and her orange-starfield costume.

There are many great Legion foes too! Just wondering if they are going to make an appearance next, hmmmn??? Would live to see Saturn Queen and Esper Lass, among others.(And don't forget Titania!)
don't worry, everyone - you'll see the LOSV, Fatal Five, and their more solitary foes as well!
Oh goody!! I love those bad guys and gals!
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Chameleon Kid

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:50 pm Image

CHAMELEON KID (Toog Lintens)
Created By:
Home Planet: Durla
Origin of Powers: Natural Racial Abilities
Role: Mirror Image Villain
There was a Legion of Super-Villains member named Chameleon King if I remember right. That wasn't just Chameleon Kid with a new name?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Chameleon Chief-wasn't a Durlan supposedly, though he looked like one (but so what-shapechanging was his power).

Just like in the post-Threeboot era, when the original LSH came back, Sun Emperor was replaced with Sun Killer, who had identical powers but looked like a mohawked Sumo Wrestler. No reason was ever given.

Likewise, sometimes Saturn Queen was the evil counterpart to Saturn Girl in the LSV, otherwise it was Esper Lass (by the time the LSV reappeared just prior to the title starting to go downhill after the original COIE).

Loved me some Legion back in the day...but sadly, I think Jab is right; without a solid revamp of the concept that doesn't depend on knowledge of what came before, it will likely never reattain popularity or commercial success long-term. Pity.

All my best.
Last edited by greycrusader on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
M4C8

Re: Phantom Lad

Post by M4C8 »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:10 pm Image

PHANTOM LAD
Created By:
Home Planet: Bgtzl
PL 5 (85), PL 9 (xx) to Electronics
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Expertise (Space Villain) 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Bgztlian Physiology"
Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Selective) [21]
"Air Walking" Flight 2 (8 mph) (Flaws: Walking- Has to Take "Steps") [2]

"Haywire Electronics" Affliction 10 (Tech Skill of Creator; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Affects Corporeal, Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) (Inaccurate -1) [19]
Senses 2 (Detect Phantom Zone Apparitions) (Flaws: Limited- Only When Phased) [1]

Offense:
Haywire Electronics +7 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications: 
Enemy (Phantom Girl, The Legion of Super-Heroes)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 43 / Defenses: 12 (85)

-Phantom Lad, like Chameleon Kid, only lasted for a single issue and never reappeared. As Phantom Girls' opposite number, he couldn't really be hurt by the Legionnaires, but can touch Tinya, and defeats her easily in their first fight. In their second, she lures him in while being solid, and the overconfident baddie runs up and gets uppercutted by Shrinking Violet, who rapidly grows to normal height beneath him.
That costume :shock:
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Esper Lass

Post by Jabroniville »

ESPER LASS (Meta Ulnoor)
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Mike Grell
Home Planet: Titan (Moon of Saturn)
PL 11 (138)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Space Villain) 3 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 1 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack

Powers:
"Titanian Physiology"
"Telepathy" Mental Communication 4 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area) Linked to Mind-Reading 11 (Feats: Subtle, Sensory Link) (Extras: Effortless) (52) -- [65]
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Control 10 (Feats: Dynamic, Mental Link) (42)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Calming" Affliction 6 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 2,000ft. Burst +7) (Flaws: Limited to Calming) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mental Stun" Affliction 11 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range +2) (34)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mental Blast" Blast 11 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range, Will Save) (45)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Mental Blast" Damage 7 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective, Will Save) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: "Telelocation" Senses 5 (Mental Detection- Extended 4) (Feats: Dynamic) (6)
  • Dynamic AE: Illusion (Visuals) 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Selective) (Flaws: Phantasms) (21)
"Mental Shield" Enhanced Will Save 4 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Mental Attacks) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Mind-Reading -- (+11 Perception-Ranged Reading, DC 21)
Mind Control/Mental Stun -- (+11 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 21)
Mental Blast -- (+11 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Area Mental Blast +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications: 
Enemy (Saturn Girl, The Legion of Super-Heroes)

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 67 / Defenses: 13 (138)

-Esper Lass is a Titanian girl who had all of Imra Ardeen's powers, but lacked her conscience, instead becoming an evil bitch of a villain once she got rejected for LOSH status. Forming the Legion of Super-Rejects (where she's handily beaten by Cosmic Boy spinning her around), she later hooked up with the Super-Villains as a background psionic, and was instrumental in controlling the psychotic Daxamite, Ol-Vir. She does a lot of damage to the Legion too, hitting them with Mind Blasts constantly- this is the kind of thing that can disable even top-tier fighters like Element Lad or Ultra Boy. Hell, her debut features her overpowering SATURN GIRL, so you know she's a high-tier Telepath.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

[Esper Lass] was instrumental in controlling the psychotic Daxamite, Ol-Vir.
Daxamite and Kryptonian names are almost as much fun as Martian names -- but not nearly as much fun as Tamarian ones. Still, I wonder why no comic book writer has yet stumbled upon the obvious creation of a villainous member of Superman's family named "Eve-El."
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:44 am
Daxamite and Kryptonian names are almost as much fun as Martian names -- but not nearly as much fun as Tamarian ones. Still, I wonder why no comic book writer has yet stumbled upon the obvious creation of a villainous member of Superman's family named "Eve-El."
I always thought Starfire's real name was a tad spicy.

Well, there was a Phantom Zoner named Kru-El. And earlier this month I shared this one in a private Facebook group expressly for off-colour and blue humour where there are also a fair number of comic fans.
Indigo Humour wrote: A lot of people have heard of Superman's father, Jor-El. And Superman's uncle, Supergirl's father, Zor-El is getting to be better known. Not many of us remember Jor-El's twin brother, Nim-El. But then there are Superman's two uncles that Superman never mentions: Or-El and Ain-El. They're the two who wanted to kneel before Zod, just facing different directions.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Wasn't there also a Saturn Woman?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Goldar wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:13 am Wasn't there also a Saturn Woman?
Saturn Queen, I believe.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:01 am
Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:44 am
I always thought Starfire's real name was a tad spicy.

Well, there was a Phantom Zoner named Kru-El. And earlier this month I shared this one in a private Facebook group expressly for off-colour and blue humour where there are also a fair number of comic fans.
Indigo Humour wrote: A lot of people have heard of Superman's father, Jor-El. And Superman's uncle, Supergirl's father, Zor-El is getting to be better known. Not many of us remember Jor-El's twin brother, Nim-El. But then there are Superman's two uncles that Superman never mentions: Or-El and Ain-El. They're the two who wanted to kneel before Zod, just facing different directions.
You know the difference between them? one makes your day, the other makes your hole weak.
Last edited by M4C8 on Sat May 05, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

We are going to get into so much Trub-El!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

These puns Sm-El.

Funny thing about these guys is that I'd forgotten I'd built Calorie Queen already, AND that I owned a TPB with the "Rejects" story in it. Re-reading that, I wonder how I forgot it in the first place :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:13 am Wasn't there also a Saturn Woman?
There were a number of stories where the "Adult Legion of Super-Heroes" came back in time to visit SuperMAN. As if there was some kind of lock between Kal-El's age and there's. Lightning Man (Garth), Cosmic Man (Rokk), and Saturn Woman (Irma) were the Adult Legionnaires.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.