Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Timber Wolf! Cosmic Boy! Kid Quantum! Karate Kid!

Post by Ares »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:05 pm
Ares wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:15 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:52 pm

I thought that was ol' Jack Burton
"You just listen to the old Idol of Millions here now and take his advice on a dark and stormy night when the lasers's flashin' and the missiles' flyin' and the robots'er coming down in sheets thick as lead. Just remember what old Commander does when the earth quakes, and the invading aliens fall from the sky, and the fabric of existence shakes. Yeah, old Commander just looks that big old invsion right square in the eye and he says, 'Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.' "

heh. one of the best party memories of when I was in college was right after I joined my fraternity and we were all getting ready to down some shots and one of my brothers does the old Wang Chi "Here's to the army and the navy and the battles they have won.." toast to which I immediately throw out "May the wings of liberty never lose a feather" and everybody busts out laughing and all OOOOOOOOOOOH.

It was nice to have found other people who love that movie like I do.
Big Trouble in Little China is somewhere in my top five favorite movies of all time. I don't know precisely where it ranks, save that it's below my #1 movie of all time, which is The Princess Bride. But BTiLC was one of those movies I watched constantly growing up, I can quote most of the major lines, and it had a huge impact on me in terms of the kind of stuff I liked. High action, fun and witty dialogue, genre-mixing, it's just an amazing film, and one reason why I loved the RPG "Feng Shui" so much. And then I grew up and got the extra layers to it, like the fact that Jack is actually the comedy sidekick and not the main hero (which is Wang Chi). Jack THINGS he's John Wayne, and is our POV character because he's the clueless American who needs to have all of this weird Chinese stuff explained to him.
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:25 pm Wang-Chi:"A Man likes the feel of Nature on his face jack...."
Egg Chen(fighting with jack for the umbrella):"But a Wise Man knows when to get out of the Rain!"

I grew-up in the 80's man,don't make me get out Tango&Cash...... :D
If it's raining, there's a good 1/5 chance I'll use that quote. My brothers know it by heart because I said it so much growing up.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Woodclaw wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:44 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:52 pm

I thought that was ol' Jack Burton
"You just listen to the old Idol of Millions here now and take his advice on a dark and stormy night when the lasers's flashin' and the missiles' flyin' and the robots'er coming down in sheets thick as lead. Just remember what old Commander does when the earth quakes, and the invading aliens fall from the sky, and the fabric of existence shakes. Yeah, old Commander just looks that big old invsion right square in the eye and he says, 'Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.' "
And that works perfectly well :lol:
Jack Burton quote can be applied to most situations with minimal tweaking.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Karate Kid! Projectra! Legion of Substitute Heroes!)

Post by Ares »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:23 pm I've included the "Black Blood of the Earth" as a MacGuffin in more than a few RPGs over the years.

When some wild-eyed, clown-school drop-out grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite cowl up against the alley wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just stare that joker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Barbara Gordon always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Babs? Yes ma'am, the check is in the mail."

Jabroniville

Rainbow Girl

Post by Jabroniville »

RAINBOW GIRL (Dori Aandraison)
Created By:
Edmond Hamilton & John Forte
First Appearance: Adventures Comics #309 (June 1963)
Home Planet: Xolnar
Origin of Powers: Unknown
Eras: Original Only
Relationships: None
Role: Joke Hero
PL 9 (40)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Space Hero) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Socialite) 4 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+3)

Advantages:
Attractive, Benefit 2 (Wealth)

Powers:
"Pheremonic Field" Affliction 9 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- Scent Perception) (Flaws: Limited to Irresistability) [9]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pheremonic Field +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +2

Complications: 
Motivation (Fame)

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 4 (40)

-Rainbow Girl briefly joined the Subs at one point, but never really had a major role. The later version in Threeboot takes the Green Lantern Emotional Spectrum as part of her Rainbow Effect. Much like Princess Peach in that one video game she starred, she gains different powers based off of her emotional state.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

All I remember from half-watching that movie was the weird realization that three iconic '80s movies (Police Academy, BTILC, Porky's) featured the same actress; one who didn't even become a name until she became Samantha Jones :).
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:04 am All I remember from half-watching that movie was the weird realization that three iconic '80s movies (Police Academy, BTILC, Porky's) featured the same actress; one who didn't even become a name until she became Samantha Jones :).
C'mon, man, you can't have forgotten about Mannequin!

And, of course, there was that movie based a little know science fiction franchise: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:04 am All I remember from half-watching that movie was the weird realization that three iconic '80s movies (Police Academy, BTILC, Porky's) featured the same actress; one who didn't even become a name until she became Samantha Jones :).
Four: Mannequin

Whoops. BG3 beat me to it.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:25 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:05 pm

heh. one of the best party memories of when I was in college was right after I joined my fraternity and we were all getting ready to down some shots and one of my brothers does the old Wang Chi "Here's to the army and the navy and the battles they have won.." toast to which I immediately throw out "May the wings of liberty never lose a feather" and everybody busts out laughing and all OOOOOOOOOOOH.

It was nice to have found other people who love that movie like I do.
Wang-Chi:"A Man likes the feel of Nature on his face jack...."
Egg Chen(fighting with jack for the umbrella):"But a Wise Man knows when to get out of the Rain!"

I grew-up in the 80's man,don't make me get out Tango&Cash...... :D

heh. Gabriel Cash is pretty much my role model
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Catrall was also in an episode of the Incredible Hulk as a Native American doctor who was passing as a white doctor even using 'White' as her last name before deciding at episode's end to embrace her heritage.

I think it was the episode where they found evidence of cave paintings of a Hulk-like creature in Meso-America with some flower in the paintings where Banner thought it might have been a cure for his condition (though Catrall pointed out it may have been the cause of the mutation and not the cure) though it turned to be an extinct plant
Shock

Re: Night Girl

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:11 am

NIGHT GIRL (Lydda Jath)

-Night Girl's a funny one- she starts out in the '60s being rejected because her Superman-Class super-strength is ONLY AVAILABLE TO HER AT NIGHT.
I know I'm a little late here but how does that work for a team that spends so much time in space? If you're not in a solar system, what/when is night?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Maybe for a youngun' like you. For those of us who were thirteen when Porky's was released, she became a name back then.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Re: Night Girl

Post by Ken »

Shock wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:31 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:11 am

NIGHT GIRL (Lydda Jath)

-Night Girl's a funny one- she starts out in the '60s being rejected because her Superman-Class super-strength is ONLY AVAILABLE TO HER AT NIGHT.
I know I'm a little late here but how does that work for a team that spends so much time in space? If you're not in a solar system, what/when is night?
Presumably when one is far enough away from the nearest star that one receives no more stellar light from that star then one would receive on Earth during a full moon.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:09 am

is Mannequin iconic? I've never seen it, nor heard it referenced, before now.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:38 am
Ken wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:09 am

is Mannequin iconic? I've never seen it, nor heard it referenced, before now.

really? I haven't seen it in years but I recall it was pretty popular.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Rainbow Girl

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:50 pm ImageImage

RAINBOW GIRL (Dori Aandraison)
Created By:
Edmond Hamilton & John Forte
First Appearance: Adventures Comics #309 (June 1963)
Home Planet: Xolnar
Origin of Powers: Unknown
Eras: Original Only
Relationships: None
Role: Joke Hero
Gotta love how in the Subs, half of the guys are these misshapen, fugly types, but every girl is superhot. With each girl apparently dating an official Legion hero. Makes me wonder if any of the LSH heroes ever got a Skittles craving and decided to "taste the rainbow".

As for Nightgirl, really all they needed was to constantly team her up with Shadowlass. The former makes up for the latter's lack of offensive power, the latter keeps the former a Superman-class brick. Hell, since Nightgirl can presumably see in the dark, all Shady has to do is blanket the entire battlefield in darkness and let Nightgirl beat the tar out of everyone.