Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Tad

Post by Jabroniville »

TAD MIKOWSKI
Role:
Stereotypical Movie Jock
PL 3 (46)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+7)
Expertise (Skiing) 5 (+9) -- Uses Agility
Expertise (Building Traps) 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
None

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +2

Complications:
Enemy (Stan Darsh)
Responsibility (Cheater)- Tad tends to stop and cheat, even when he has a massive lead.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 0 (46)

-Tad comes from the hilarious episode Asspen, in which the parents are stuck in a boring Time Share meeting that never ends (even the police are in on the scam), while the kids get roped into a rivalry with the rich, arrogant Tad Mikowski, a pro skier who immediately takes a dislike to Stan. Cracking wise that the amateur skier is trying to challenge him, Tad embodies every single stereotype of the antagonists of 1980s movies- he deliberately misspells Stan's name ("Stan DARSH!"), represents his nasty father (who's of course planning on shutting down the local youth center), steals Stan's "girl" ("Dude, he's got Heather!" "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HEATHER!"), and challenges Stan to a race.

-Given that Tad is a full-grown teenager and pro skier, and Stan is a child, this is patently ridiculous, but the entire episode hinges on how stereotypical to '80s movies this is. Stan suddenly gets held up as this icon by the local trainer and some "hot nerdy girl", and it's then on him to "save the Youth Center" in a race against Tad. Stan undergoes emergency training (to the Team Amerca: World Police song Everybody Needs a Montage), gets flirted with by the shy nerdy girl, and starts the race with his amateur skiing abilities. And of course Tad gets way ahead... then proceeds to build an escalating series of elaborate traps, thus wasting time and eventually allowing Stan to win once Tad is distracted by the nerdy girl's breasts (which are revealed in the end to be talking, deformed heads with arms attached). The boys decide that skiing sucks ass, just as their parents reveal that they've been roped into buying a time share.

-The best part of the episode is either Butters mimicking 5's dance from the famous Peanuts Christmas Special, or Tad's idea of a mocking song to Stan, simply picking up a guitar and wailing "Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn DARSH!!!... Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn DARSH!!!" then doing the "mock fear" thing with his buddies (OF COURSE he has two buddies with him at all times) when Stan yells at him in response.
Jabroniville

Crab People

Post by Jabroniville »

CRAB PEOPLE
Role:
Walk Like Crab; Talk Like People

-The episode that parodied Queer Eye For The Straight Guy was just fantastic. It starts off with a standard parody, poking fun at all the men in town getting "product" in their hair and acting really effeminate, but then turned into a searing satire, with Mr. Garrison pointing out that gay people DELIBERATELY created a culture that wasn't like that of regular people, and that aping it was basically swiping from an oppressed minority. He ends up going to Chef to ask him what black folks did when white people co-opted their culture (Chef tells him about the changing black slang, and his final one, "Flibbitty-Flobbitty-Floop", caused my college roommate from Korea to mutter "I don't understand black people").

-Of course the episode gets ridiculous again when it turns out that the Queer Eye guys are actually Crab People from beneath the Earth, who plan to wipe out humanity by turning men into effete wimps too afraid to defend themselves. They are beaten by the town's wives, who have grown tired of their husbands falling into this fad (they were initially happy to see the hygienic and fashion changes; but soon grew bored of the men acting so wussy and timid), particularly when they staged a Metrosexual Pride Parade ("We're here! We're not queer! But we're close! Get used to it!"). The show later parodies this when Stan suggesting that "I think we can do a LITTLE better than Crab People" when the other boys are spitballing suggestions for "more episodes" (a riff on the show's occasional lack of episode ideas producing some really bizarre stuff).

-The best part of the episode is the silly "CRAAAAAAAB PEOPLE, CRAAAAAAAAAAAB PEOPLE" song, which runs behind everything they do.
Jabroniville

Mecha-Streisand

Post by Jabroniville »

"A lot of our fans ask us 'Do you really hate the celebrities you make fun of in South Park?' And the answer is, of course not. It's all just in good fun... except when it comes to Barbra Streisand. We hate her."

MECHA-STREISAND (Barbra Streisand)
Role:
Arrogant, Soulless Abomination
PL 15 (241)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 17 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills: 
Expertise (Acting) 5 (+5)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 9 (+9, +18 Size)
Perception 1 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Atomic Breath) 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Benefit 2 (Wealth), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Atomic Breath) 3, Improved Initiative, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Startle, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju"
Growth 11 (Str & Sta +11, +11 Mass, +5 Intimidation, -5 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -11 Stealth) -- (50 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [23]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 27) [31]

"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Detect Radiation- Ranged) [5]
"Unstoppable Creature" Immunity 6 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold, Heat, Poison, Disease) [6]
Regeneration 2 [2]
Immunity 2 (Nuclear Attack) [2]

"Atomic Breath" Blast 22 (Feats: Extended Range 4- 1,600 feet) (Extras: Penetrating 16) (64) -- [67]
  • AE: "Atomic Line" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Line +3) (60)
  • AE: "Explosive Blast" Blast 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (60)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Atomic Breath +7 (+15 Damage/+22 Ranged Damage, DC 30-37)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +21 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +17, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Unlimited Power)
Reputation (Evil, Egotistical, Diabolical Bitch)
Enemy (Leonard Maltin, Sidney Poitier & Robert Smith of The Cure)
Normal Identity (Barbra Streisand)- Mecha-Streisand's base form is that of a hideous old woman with a massive nose. 
Disabled (Animal)- Mecha-Streisand loses the ability to speak in Monster Form.
Relationship (Neil Diamond)- Even the evil Mecha-Streisand will calm down and sing if Neil Diamond wants her to.
Responsibility (Bad Singer)- Barbra Streisand's voice is so annoying it can cause pain in children.
Responsibility (Female)- All females become famished for blowjobs after seeing Broadway musicals, via extremely-subtle subliminal messaging.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 25 / Powers: 136 / Defenses: 18 (241)

-Among the more cruel early parodies in South Park was the appearance of Barbra Streisand, who'd just been in the news decrying the people and state of Colorado for not recognizing homosexuals as a "protected class". Offended by her moralistic outrage and referring to Coloradans as "a bunch of hicks", and hating her music and acting anyway, Stone & Parker wrote her in as a fantastically-arrogant, fame-obsessed old woman of hideous visage, with a voice so horrible it caused the boys physical pain to hear it. Seeking a magical device (the Diamond of Pantheos) that transformed her into Mecha-Streisand, she soon demolished the town of South Park, requiring a trio of celebrities to form an alliance to stop her- they transformed into giant monsters of their own, with Robert Smith of The Cure finally killing her. Her face was later used in a "Spooky-Vision" episode, with images of her face being used in the corners of the screen to simulate the most horrific sight imaginable.

-Mecha-Streisand returned in a major anniversary episode, representing the ultimate power of the various celebrities the show had mocked. She killed former major character Pip and nothing could stop her until the Super Best Friends managed to- Jesus came up with a plan to have Krishna imitate Neil Diamond, thus pacifying Mecha-Streisand by singing a duet with her.

-Mecha-Streisand's build is much easier since I've statted Kaiju before :). Though she's very small for a Kaiju, appearing to be only 50-ish feet high.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Crab People

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:18 pm -The episode that parodied Queer Eye For The Straight Guy was just fantastic. It starts off with a standard parody, poking fun at all the men in town getting "product" in their hair and acting really effeminate, but then turned into a searing satire, with Mr. Garrison pointing out that gay people DELIBERATELY created a culture that wasn't like that of regular people, and that aping it was basically swiping from an oppressed minority. He ends up going to Chef to ask him what black folks did when white people co-opted their culture (Chef tells him about the changing black slang, and his final one, "Flibbitty-Flobbitty-Floop", caused my college roommate from Korea to mutter "I don't understand black people").
That always came off as an extremely weak argument to me. Basically, it's one group complaining that their culture is so accepted as to be mainstream, and getting annoyed that people want to act like them. It'd be like if geeks got upset at non-geeks for wanting to get into geek culture due to video games and superheroes becoming more mainstream. The few times some groups have pushed back, they've basically been treated as evil basement dwellers for not wanting icky things like girls in their hobby. And I'll be the first to say that I wouldn't want anyone excluded from our culture on the basis of their gender, race, orientation or whether or by how long they've been into geek stuff. If that person has a genuine interest and is respectful to the folks already here, then by all means, let them in.

But I feel that needs to be case for everyone. The above quote is basically coming out in favor of "cultural appropriation", which I think is something that is pretty much nonsensical. You can be culturally or racially insensitive, as is the case with things like blackface, but the idea that you can appropriate a culture is just stupid. A culture is based on social customs, activities, manners of dress, philosophy, beliefs, etc. None of which intrinsically linked to race. Sure, most cultures start from a central location, the older the culture the more homogeneous the race tends to be, but with the advent of advanced travel methods that's no longer the case. We've got white people who have lived for several generations in Jamacia who have every right to call themselves Jamacian. Likewise, I challenge anyone to say that Idris Elba isn't British just because his family moved there a generation or so before he was born.

Basically, I've never heard an argument for cultural appropriation that didn't sound either like an argument for segregation or some flavor of oppression Olympics.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Leonard Maltin

Post by Jabroniville »

LEONARD MALTIN
Role:
Heroic Monster
PL 13 (155)
STRENGTH
18 STAMINA 15 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Expertise (Movie Critic) 5 (+5)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+4, +9 Size)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Kaiju"
Growth 11 (Str & Sta +11, +11 Mass, +5 Intimidation, -5 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -11 Stealth) -- (50 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [23]
Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 27) [30]

"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Detect Radiation- Ranged) [5]
"Unstoppable Creature" Immunity 6 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold, Heat, Poison, Disease) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +18 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +7

Complications:
Enemy (Barbra Streisand)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 19 (155)

-Entertainment Tonight movie critic Leonard Maltin appears in the Mecha-Streisand episode, inexplicably turning into an Ultraman-type character and fighting her.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:34 am That always came off as an extremely weak argument to me. Basically, it's one group complaining that their culture is so accepted as to be mainstream, and getting annoyed that people want to act like them. It'd be like if geeks got upset at non-geeks for wanting to get into geek culture due to video games and superheroes becoming more mainstream. The few times some groups have pushed back, they've basically been treated as evil basement dwellers for not wanting icky things like girls in their hobby. And I'll be the first to say that I wouldn't want anyone excluded from our culture on the basis of their gender, race, orientation or whether or by how long they've been into geek stuff. If that person has a genuine interest and is respectful to the folks already here, then by all means, let them in.

But I feel that needs to be case for everyone. The above quote is basically coming out in favor of "cultural appropriation", which I think is something that is pretty much nonsensical. You can be culturally or racially insensitive, as is the case with things like blackface, but the idea that you can appropriate a culture is just stupid. A culture is based on social customs, activities, manners of dress, philosophy, beliefs, etc. None of which intrinsically linked to race. Sure, most cultures start from a central location, the older the culture the more homogeneous the race tends to be, but with the advent of advanced travel methods that's no longer the case. We've got white people who have lived for several generations in Jamacia who have every right to call themselves Jamacian. Likewise, I challenge anyone to say that Idris Elba isn't British just because his family moved there a generation or so before he was born.

Basically, I've never heard an argument for cultural appropriation that didn't sound either like an argument for segregation or some flavor of oppression Olympics.
To be fair, the episode doesn't treat this as a grand tragedy, and Mr. Garrison is over-reacting (he's also mostly mad because all the guys in town look super-gay but won't have sex with him- "THAT HAIR and THOSE SHOES say that YOU POUND BUTT!!"). Chef treats white people co-opting black slang as a casual fact of life and an annoyance- he doesn't declare it a micro-aggression and say he's oppressed (when another character says "flippity-floppity floop!", he goes "AW, COME ON! Don't say THAT!").
Jabroniville

Sidney Poitier

Post by Jabroniville »

SIDNEY POITIER
Role:
Heroic Monster
PL 13 (177)
STRENGTH
18 STAMINA 15 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Expertise (Acting) 9 (+13)
Insight 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Kaiju"
"Black Physiology" Enhanced Skills 4: Expertise (Guitar) 4 (+4) (Flaws: Limited to Bass) [1]

Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +18 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +7

Complications:
Enemy (Barbra Streisand)
Involuntary Transformation (Laughing at Tyler Perry)- Black people cannot help themselves but laugh at the stupid antics of Tyler Perry ("HELL-ERRRRRR!!!!"). They find this tremendously embarrassing.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 81 / Defenses: 19 (177)

-Iconic black actor Sidney Poitier becomes a version of Gamera in the battle against Mecha-Streisand.
Jabroniville

Robert Smith

Post by Jabroniville »

ROBERT SMITH
Role:
Heroic Monster
PL 15 (190)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 17 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Expertise (Acting) 9 (+13)
Insight 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Kaiju"

Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
"Power Punch" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Power Punch +9 (+21 Damage, DC 36)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +20 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +7

Complications:
Enemy (Barbra Streisand)

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 82 / Defenses: 21 (190)

-Robert Smith of The Cure is the guy who finishes off Mecha-Streisand in the end, turning into Mothra and using an extra-powerful punch. Kyle declares that "Robert Smith is the GREATEST PERSON EVER!", while Jesus Christ shouts "Our savior!". Having never been a Cure fan, I looked them up, and realized they sing a lot of iconic "80s Background Music" that gets played in grocery stores all the time. And he looks HILARIOUSLY like Edward Scissorhands. Like Tim Burton must have decided to make a quirky, idealized version of himself, and then gave him Robert Smith's exact appearance. It's uncanny.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:51 am To be fair, the episode doesn't treat this as a grand tragedy, and Mr. Garrison is over-reacting (he's also mostly mad because all the guys in town look super-gay but won't have sex with him- "THAT HAIR and THOSE SHOES say that YOU POUND BUTT!!"). Chef treats white people co-opting black slang as a casual fact of life and an annoyance- he doesn't declare it a micro-aggression and say he's oppressed (when another character says "flippity-floppity floop!", he goes "AW, COME ON! Don't say THAT!").
That is a fair point, and I'll admit, it's more that that's just something that's become a pet peeve of mine lately.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Kenny

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

KENNY McCORMICK (aka Mysterion, Princess Kenny)
Role:
Running Gag, The Poor Kid, The Non-Speaking
PL 2 (44)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA -1 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Singing) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Pervert) 3 (+2)
Insight 3 (+3)
Investigation 7 (+7)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Close Attack 4, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Immortality 5 (one day) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness -1, Fortitude +0, Will +4

Complications:
Addiction (Lustiness)- Kenny is extremely eager to have sex, and is a bigger pervert than any of his friends. When he hears the rumor that his girlfriend is a "slut", his reaction is to immediately begin screaming and cheering, running all over the place with glee.
Addiction (Cheesing)- Kenny is briefly addicted to the pee from male cats, which causes him to imagine a paradise filled with Don Felder's Heavy Metal playing, and huge-breasted women everywhere, willing to hang out with him.
Responsibility ("Your Family's POOR, Kenny!")- Kenny lives in a run-down home with his alcoholic, drug-using parents. They eat frozen waffles, pop tarts and "bread sandwiches". This opens him up to the taunts of Cartman.
Relationship (Cartman)- Kenny is often seen as Cartman's "Right Hand Man" in some situations, whereas at other times, Cartman taunts his family's poverty, or randomly spouts "God I hate you, Kenny." Kenny is friends with him, but gladly kicked him out of Coon & Friends, but kept the team name, because he found it "extremely funny" that it "pissed Cartman off beyond belief".
Relationship (Stan & Kyle)- Kenny's other friends and Stan & Kyle. They are frequently shocked and angered by Kenny's deaths, but sometimes get over it.
Reputation (Inviting Trouble)- Clyde points out that nobody else in school likes Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny, because of their consistent tendency to search out trouble, inviting all manner of calamity to South Park, such as when they accidentally called forth an army of destructive giant Guinea Pigs to town.
Enemy (Trent Boyett)- Trent was framed by the boys for setting fires in their preschool classroom, and now seeks to hunt down all four boys. Given that Trent can badly injure dozens of Sixth Graders, this is quite a terrifying predicament.
Secret ("I CAN'T DIE")- Kenny dies constantly and frequently. Unfortunately, however, nobody else ever seems to be aware of this- he simply wakes up in his bed each morning as if nothing had happened. This wears on him emotionally, as he remembers each one of his deaths.
Disabled (Child)- Children are very short, have tiny arms, and aren't as fast as adults. They can never Intimidate an adult without a weapon, no matter their Presence, and are very lightweight, making them easy to pick up.

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 4 (44)

-Kenny is the earliest running gag in the series- each episode, he would die in gruesome fashion near the climax of the story. Then, the next episode, he would simply show up with the other boys, as if nothing had happened. The refrain of "Oh my God- you killed Kenny!" followed by "YOU BASTARDS!" was the earliest catchphrase as well. However, Matt & Trey grew bored with the gimmick, either coming up with more outlandish deaths, writing them off casually (the Underpants Gnomes are horrified at what they've done, but Stan & Kyle barely care), or simply skipping them. Kenny's other attributes were his inability to be understood by the audience (his mumbles are the result of his thick parka). Finally, in Season Five, they kill him off semi-permanently, leaving him off the show for a season, until he returns without mention. Following this, his role has been much more minor, as "the Four Kids Have Antics" is less prominent, and he's more just a part of the group. His deaths have also grown much less frequent. I still think it was proof of Stone & Parker's talents as creators that they based an entire episode around Kenny dying... and IT WAS ACTUALLY SUCCESSFUL IN BEING TOUCHING. Like, they actually made you FEEL for the characters, as they watched their little friend die slowly. And we saw him die in almost EVERY EPISODE before that!

-Kenny had a surprising role later on- it was he who was the secret identity of MYSTERION- a costumed vigilante who aides the South Park Police Department in several cases, greatly annoying Cartman's "The Coon". The police inexplicably hang on every word this fourth-grader in a dime-store costume (doing an imitation of Christian Bale's goofy "Batman Voice") says. Finally, in a major episode, Mysterion reveals that he DOES have a super-power: "I CAN'T DIE!" Finally, he indicates something the viewers have known all along- that his deaths are impermanent, and nobody ever seems to notice anything. That the show got this many seasons in and then randomly decided that this was in fact a super-power rather than just random absurdity just shows how amazing South Park really is.

-The frequent jokes about his poverty are very, VERY true-to-life for schoolchildren- the poor kids nearly always got it from others when I was in Elementary School ("I wish I had a pet rabbit" "I don't think your family could even AFFORD a rabbit, Scott!")- even in High School, one of my friends was frequently taunted for his dissheveled appearance and poor family (they lived in a townhouse apartment, unlike almost everyone else). One kid on the bus once walked right up to him and said "you know... water's FREE, right?". It's kind of hilariously mean, given how helpless children are to prevent their family's poverty levels, and how much "kicking someone while they're down" it is. But kids LOVE stuff like that- finding the most unfortunate aspects of people and then ripping on them. So Cartman's random "Your family's POOR, Kenny!" absolutely holds true to me.

-The "real life" Kenny was a poor kid in Trey Parker's neighborhood, who would frequently skip school, leading to jokes that "Kenny died" until he reappeared days later- this kid also wore an orange parka that made it hard to understand him. In the Movie, Kenny's one line ("Goodbye, you guys", before he ascended into Heaven) was voiced by Mike Judge, whose Beavis and Butt-Head was an inspiration to Stone & Parker, and who'd acted as a mentor figure to them when their show became a big phenomenon.

-Kenny is a surprisingly great fighter for someone who's so easily-killed, particularly when dressed as Mysterion. He's also the best investigator of the team, actually helping out the police while dressed as Mysterion.
Ken

Re: Kenny

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:51 am The refrain of "Oh my God- you killed Kenny!" followed by "YOU BASTARDS!" was the earliest catchphrase as well.
Honestly, as someone who has family who still calls me 'Kenny', I found the overuse of the catchphrase in my presence got old quick, which is probably part of why I never really got into the show.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Re: Kenny

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:00 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:51 am The refrain of "Oh my God- you killed Kenny!" followed by "YOU BASTARDS!" was the earliest catchphrase as well.
Honestly, as someone who has family who still calls me 'Kenny', I found the overuse of the catchphrase in my presence got old quick, which is probably part of why I never really got into the show.
Haha- reminds me of how Doug "The Nostalgia Critic" Walker learned to despise the cartoon Doug VERY quickly.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mr. Hankey! Mr. Mackey! Cartman! Mecha-Streisand!)

Post by MacynSnow »

While i thought "Princess" Kenny was funny in Stick Of Truth,it's his Mysterion apperance in Fractured,But Whole that i'm most looking forward to.....
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Ares wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:34 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:18 pm -The episode that parodied Queer Eye For The Straight Guy was just fantastic. It starts off with a standard parody, poking fun at all the men in town getting "product" in their hair and acting really effeminate, but then turned into a searing satire, with Mr. Garrison pointing out that gay people DELIBERATELY created a culture that wasn't like that of regular people, and that aping it was basically swiping from an oppressed minority. He ends up going to Chef to ask him what black folks did when white people co-opted their culture (Chef tells him about the changing black slang, and his final one, "Flibbitty-Flobbitty-Floop", caused my college roommate from Korea to mutter "I don't understand black people").
That always came off as an extremely weak argument to me. Basically, it's one group complaining that their culture is so accepted as to be mainstream, and getting annoyed that people want to act like them. It'd be like if geeks got upset at non-geeks for wanting to get into geek culture due to video games and superheroes becoming more mainstream. The few times some groups have pushed back, they've basically been treated as evil basement dwellers for not wanting icky things like girls in their hobby. And I'll be the first to say that I wouldn't want anyone excluded from our culture on the basis of their gender, race, orientation or whether or by how long they've been into geek stuff. If that person has a genuine interest and is respectful to the folks already here, then by all means, let them in.

My main grievance with the 'cultural appropriation' argument is the blinding double standards, for instance white actors playing Egyptian gods in the 'Gods of Egypt' movie was deemed racist and cultural appropriation despite them being mythical, known to be shape-changers and the Egyptians themselves not caring about the movie in any way, yet somehow black actors playing characters from Norse mythology in the Thor movies is perfectly fine and anyone who questions the casting decision is just racist.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mr. Hankey! Mr. Mackey! Cartman! Mecha-Streisand!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Welcome,M4CB,to the club of "Common Sense".*Hands out Club button,shows secret handshake,whispers secret doorway password for entry and gives a copy set of keys to the liquor and firearms cabinets*...... :D