Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Reinhardt! Doomfist! Pterosaurs! Hadrosaurs! Stegosaurus!)

Post by Jabroniville »

So I'm adding a few more Dinos compared to the last time I statted them up (around 2011, actually- I always forget just how long M&M 3e has been around for... largely because it was unsupported for so long!). Most are just modifications of existing types, since I got all the famous ones last time, but I figured some of the bigger names have earned separate write-ups, even if the stats are identical to other dinosaurs.

So you'll see stuff like Saurolophus, Dracorex, Ouranosaurus, Edmontosaurus and others in this new version. As well, some numbers have shifted around a bit, as the Growth rules were modified since 3e was first released (you get more size for less Growth, meaning some guys cost a bit more points).
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Awesome. As usual, I was just getting ready to stat a few dinosaurs for my fantasy thread so I'll be interested to see how we compare. I'm only doing like 9-10 types, and some of those are just modifications to the T-Rex from the new dinos from the Ixalan setting of Magic of the Gathering, so there shouldn't be a lot of overlap, but I'll be hitting the "big guns" of the dinos, at least in my mind.

Plus, I'll be getting to this guy eventually and I don't think it fits into any currently discovered dino type. :)

What's better than a giant T-Rex? A giant T-Rex with 3 heads!!! 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
BriarThrone

Re: Jab's Builds! (Pharah! Genji! Reinhardt! Doomfist! Dinosaurs!)

Post by BriarThrone »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:13 am See, that's why my Castellia campaign world as a Good Necromancer as part of the backstory for my Obsidiaris character, with the "free labor" concept in mind. And my "Jabverse" superhero-verse has a world (Ice Princess' place of birth) featuring a kingdom for each of the "Eight Schools of Magic"- one of the "good" kingdoms being Undead-related (as an unkillable, impersonal army; though the people are considered rather grim), and one of the "evil" ones themed around White/Healing Magic (because, well, they heal THEMSELVES, but what about anyone else? They get wealthy off of overcharging for their services, and cruelly turn down anyone they see as beneath them).
There should probably be some sort of faction in that "evil" kingdom that actually wants to use healing for good. Like, a Physicians' Guild or something. Healing tends to endear the patient and the physician to each other. Maybe the difference is that the Physicians' Guild actually has to study anatomy and treat patients with care, while the mages can just magically brute-force it?
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:58 amI have a DnD character that just so happens to be a good Necromantic Wizard.How did i get around those pesky Paladins and Clerics you ask? One word,my inquiring friends: Mortician.....
See, I don't think necromancy should be considered inherently evil in the first place. In the real-world folklore, it's an art with a tradition of nobility or practicality. Only in fantasy is it considered inherently evil. A little morbid, maybe, but evil? Pshh. I think a paladin would approve highly of letting the dead do the fighting for a good cause, sparing the living.
Jabroniville

Nodosaurids

Post by Jabroniville »

STRUTHIOSAURUS
Pronounciation:
STROOTH-ee-oh-saurus ("ostrich lizard")
Role: Walking Tank (smallest size)
PL 4 (32)- Minion Rank 3, Sidekick Rank 9
Normal Version:
PL 5
STRENGTH 3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 9 (+7 Size)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
"Sacral Shield" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 3) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +5 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Dinosaurs cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.
Weakness (Cold Climates)- The Age of Reptiles was a much hotter time period than our own. Creatures from that era will be more susceptible to Cold and Ice-based attacks.

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 8 (32)

-Only seven feet long, Struthiosaurus was the tiniest of the Nodosaurids.

GARGOYLEOSAURUS
Pronounciation:
GAR-goil-EE-oh-saurus ("gargoyle lizard")
Role: Walking Tank (smaller size)
PL 5 (41)- Minion Rank 3, Sidekick Rank 9
Normal Version:
PL 5
STRENGTH 4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 9 (+7 Size)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Sacral Shield" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 3) [4]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +6 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Dinosaurs cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.
Weakness (Cold Climates)- The Age of Reptiles was a much hotter time period than our own. Creatures from that era will be more susceptible to Cold and Ice-based attacks.

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 10 (36)

Era: Late Jurassic to Early Cretaceous
Range: North America
Size: Up to 9-13 feet long
Encounter Groups: Unknown (likely solitary or rarely-gathering)
Tactics: Standing ground and protecting itself using armour
Same Stats As: None

-One of the earliest creatures of this type, this one is more distinctive because of its awesome name. It was only described in 1998.
Ken

Post by Ken »

So, is the Ankylosaur a Nodosaurid?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 am So, is the Ankylosaur a Nodosaurid?
Nope- they are related, however: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nodosauridae
Jabroniville

Polacanthus & Edmontonia

Post by Jabroniville »

POLACANTHUS
Pronounciation:
Poe-la-CAN-thus ("many thorns")
Role: Walking Tank (smaller size)
PL 6 (46)- Minion Rank 3, Sidekick Rank 9
Normal Version:
PL 5
STRENGTH 5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 9 (+7 Size)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Sacral Shield" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) [7]
"Tail Smash" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach) [2]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Tail Smash +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +8 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 16 / Defenses: 10 (46)

Era: Late Jurassic to Early Cretaceous
Size: Up to 13-16 feet long
Same Stats As: None

-Polacanthus is a relatively unknown dinosaur, and an early relative of Ankylosaurus (the Nodosaurids split off long ago from the Ankylosaurids, but they're fairly close in type). It's generally less impressive all-around, being smaller (not any taller than a human being), lacking a club, and having less armour, but it still looks pretty cool. Robbie's friend Spike on Dinosaurs (remember THAT piece of '90s nostalgia?) was one, but that's about it for them in terms of pop culture awareness. It's here for if you want an Ankylosaurid, but don't want to feel too generic :). It hits hard, and is a REALLY tough nut to crack for it's size (the hallmark of Ankylosauridae), but is terrible in combat, so it balances into a PL 6 creature. Not TOO tough, but also not easy to kill.

EDMONTONIA
Pronounciation:
ED-mon-TONE-ee-a ("from Edmonton")
Role: Walking Tank (mid-size)
PL 8 (59)- Minion Rank 5, Sidekick Rank 13
Normal Version:
PL 5
STRENGTH 7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+9 Size)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Sacral Shield" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 9) [12]
"Tail Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) [3]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (15 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Tail Smash +6 (+10 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +11 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 27 / Defenses: 13 (59)

Era: Early Cretaceous
Size: Up to 22 feet long
Same Stats As: Euoplocephalus

-A Nodosaurid (sorta of like Ankylosaurs in every way), Edmontonia is named after my current hometown, a famous producer of fossils. It sort of exists as a PL 8 middle ground between Polacanthus and Ankylosaurus at 20-odd feet long, handy for mid-range jobs. It mainly looks like a simple Ankylosaur-type, but lacks the tail club (like Polacanthus), and has a bunch of huge spikes jutting out of it's shoulder-plates. These are presumably for fighting rival males (but that's what biologists ALWAYS say about herbivores' spikes), and serve to give Edmontonia an interesting appearance.
Jabroniville

Ankylosaurs

Post by Jabroniville »

ANKYLOSAURUS
Pronounciation:
Ahn-KYLE-o-sawr-us ("fused lizard")
Role: Walking Tank (huge size)
PL 10 (80)- Minion Rank 6, Sidekick Rank 16
Normal Version:
PL 8
STRENGTH 8 STAMINA 11 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 12 (+12 Size)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Tail Smash) 2, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Super-Armour" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 13) [16]
"Tail Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach, Penetrating 6) [9]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 6 (Str & Sta +6, +6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (21 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]
Strength-Damage +2 [2]
"Immovable" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Movement) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Tail Smash +7 (+13 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +14 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +6

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 44 / Defenses: 14 (80)

Size: Up to 30 feet long
Tactics: Standing ground and protecting itself using armour, lashing out with huge tail club
Same Stats As: Euoplocephalus

-Ankylosaurus is the big dog of his type, one of the great big "Iconic" dinosaurs of all time. This is as close as nature ever came to designing the friggin' TANK as a mobile life-form. I mean, what other animal has ARMOURED EYELIDS? Seriously- you can't even use it's eyes as a weak point. And THEN it has this massive tail club, designed with the capabilities to inflict lethal and bone-crushing wounds on enemies as large as Tyrannosaurus Rex. These bastards meant business. For a campaign, an Ankylosaurus represents the impervious hard-to-kill type of dinosaur- an enemy riding one of these on a howdah would be nearly impossible to unseat, for who could knock over one of these beasts?

-A PL 10 heavyweight (PL 9 defensively), Ankylosaurus might not get the most out of "Withstand Damage" since he's only got +2 to dodge (something that's built like this isn't exactly good at getting out of the way of things), but it boosts his already-impressive +14 Toughness even HIGHER, rendering him immune to nearly all attacks. +6 Impervious on top of that means that almost no dinosaurs can hurt him PERIOD without Power Attacking, and Immovable means you're not knocking him over. The lethal Tail Club is just the icing on the cake- it could quite literally be the most devastating single weapon in all of nature. The only disadvantage to this thing is it's sheer girth- it's easy to hit, and it's slow as hell on the uptake.

EUOPLOCEPHALUS
Pronounciation:
YOO-o-plo-SEFF-a-luss ("fused lizard")
PL 9 (78)- Minion Rank 6, Sidekick Rank 16
Normal Version:
PL 7
STRENGTH 7 STAMINA 10 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 12 (+12 Size)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Tail Smash) 2, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Super-Armour" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 13) [16]
"Tail Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach, Penetrating 6) [9]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]
Strength-Damage +2 [2]
"Immovable" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Movement) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 25)
Tail Smash +7 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +13 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +6

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 14 (78)

Size: Up to 23 feet long
Tactics: Standing ground and protecting itself using armour, lashing out with huge tail club

-Euoplocephalus is nearly as big as Ankylosaurus, but a real mouthful to say, so you don't hear much about it. It's basically a slightly-smaller version of the boss- being a PL lower but nearly the same points-cost.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Re: Ankylosaurs

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:40 am Image

ANKYLOSAURUS
Pronounciation:
Ahn-KYLE-o-sawr-us ("fused lizard")
My favorite :D
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Pharah! Genji! Reinhardt! Doomfist! Dinosaurs!)

Post by MacynSnow »

BriarThrone wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:11 am See, I don't think necromancy should be considered inherently evil in the first place. In the real-world folklore, it's an art with a tradition of nobility or practicality. Only in fantasy is it considered inherently evil. A little morbid, maybe, but evil? Pshh. I think a paladin would approve highly of letting the dead do the fighting for a good cause, sparing the living.
I'm in absolute aggrement with you Brian. In fact,when i was making that Wizard up,i made his entire family tree Morticians,Embalmers,Necromancers,and Priests to Death dieties.they have an Entire Cast system based around Meritocracy,they even use different colored rings to represent the 3 "stages" of family worth: Copper is the lowest,followed by Silver and ending in Gold.....odd note:one of my Wizard's quirks was throwing Copper pieces at people he thought were worthless...... :D
Jabroniville

Psittacosaurus

Post by Jabroniville »

PSITTACOSAURUS
Pronounciation:
sit-AKK-oh-SAUR-us ("parrot lizard")
Role: Small Herbivore
PL 1 (15)- Minion Rank 1, Sidekick Rank 3
Normal Version:
PL 0-1
STRENGTH -2 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 3 (+4)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Ceratopsian Bite" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Ceratopsian Neck Frill" Enhanced Dodge 1 & Parry 1 [2]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (3 feet) [9]
(-1 Strength, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Bite +2 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (+5 Frill, DC 15), Parry +2 (+3 Frill, DC 13), Toughness +0, Fortitude +1, Will +4

Complications: 

Total: Abilities: -6 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 4 (15)

Era: Cretaceous
Range: Asia
Size: Up to 6 feet long
Encounter Groups: Large herds
Tactics: Charge with noses, defend in numbers

-Among the earliest, and smallest, Ceratopsians is the Psittacosaurus, which looks humorously like a Protoceratops mixed with a Theropod. It's super-tiny, ultra-cute, and apparently had a crap-ton of quill-like things sticking out of its back for reasons nobody's quite sure of (when I was a kid, they were depicted nude and scaley, like all dinosaurs). This is one of the most well-known dinosaurs to science, as TONS of specimens have been discovered, from all possible ages.
Jabroniville

Protoceratops

Post by Jabroniville »

PROTOCERATOPS
Pronounciation:
PRO-to-SAIR-ah-tops ("original horned face")
Role: Adorable Tiny Monster
PL 4 (27)- Minion Rank 2, Sidekick Rank 6
Normal Version:
PL 2-3
STRENGTH 1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+1)
Perception 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Close Combat

Powers:
"Ceratopsian Beak" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Ceratopsian Neck Frill" Enhanced Dodge & Parry 1 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Beak +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (+5 Frill, DC 15), Parry +4 (+5 Frill, DC 15), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications: 

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 7 (27)

Range: Asia
Size: Up to 6 feet long
Tactics: Bite with parrot-like beak, defend in numbers
Same Stats As: Leptoceratops (Canadian relative, the same size), Placerias

-Protoceratops may be the cutest of all dinosaurs. It's a tiny, early form of Ceratopsian (hence it's name), lacking the horns, massive frill, or sheer size of it's compatriots. It's basically the size of a really fat pig, barely 400 lbs. (tiny for a four-legged dinosaur), and no longer than a man is tall. Despite this unimpressive stature, they're among the most important dinosaur discoveries of all time. They've produced countless magnificent fossils in Mongolia, resulting in information about herding behavior, egg-laying, baby-rearing, and even dinosaurs FIGHTING each other (a famous discovery of Protoceratops & Velociraptor engaged in mortal combat). All this for the progenitor of the Ceratopsian breed.

-For campaigns, Protoceratops doesn't have as much use as it's larger siblings, but they're a fun little background animal. At PL 4, they're about a match for a Velociraptor or a Wolf, but not much else in the Dinosaur or Animal worlds. A six-foot, 400 lb. chubby monster, it's still KIND OF scary in a fight (just imagine what a parrot-like beak the size of you head could do- it's believed fossil discoveries of these led to the starting of the GRIFFIN myths!). They share identical stats with Placerias, an unrelated, mammal-like reptile that also had a small neck frill, but also some tiny tusks at the sides of it's mouth. There was even a "Dino-Rider" of that thing!
Jabroniville

Small Ceratopsians

Post by Jabroniville »

STYRACOSAURUS
Pronounciation:
sty-RAKK-oh-SAWR-us ("pointed lizard")
Role: Mid-Tier Dominant Herbivore
PL 8 (67)- Minion Rank 5, Sidekick Rank 14
Normal Version:
PL 7
STRENGTH 7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 9 (+8 Size)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Horn) 2, Interpose

Powers:
"Ceratopsian Horn" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Penetrating 4) [6]
"Ceratopsian Neck Frill" Enhanced Dodge 1 & Parry 2 [3]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
"Dinosaur Stampede!" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited to Movement Path) [8]
Impervious Toughness 5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Horn +6 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Stampede +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (+5 Frill, DC 15), Parry +6 (+8 Frill, DC 18), Toughness +8 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications: 

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 5 (67)

Size: Up to 18 feet long
Tactics: Charge with large horns, defend in numbers
Same Stats As: Centrosaurus (20 feet, no spikes on frill), Archelosaurus, Monoclonius (possibly a younger Centrosaurus), Einiosaurus (large hook-shaped forward-facing nose horn), Chasmosaurus (20 feet, three small horns)

-Styracosaurus is easily the coolest-looking of the smaller-sized Ceratopsians, coming in at 18 feet (with it's close comparisons being about 20 feet long). It's notable for not only it's massive central nasal horn (itself roughly as long as a human being's ENTIRE TORSO), but a frill with three awesome spikes on each side of it. This distinctive appearance has left ol' Styraco as the second-most well-known Ceratopsian around, despite it's less-impressive stature compared to many other species in the family. The true purpose of the iconic frills has been anyone's guess- most are far too fragile and lightweight to be much good at defense (I ignore this and include it in their stats anyways because it's cooler that way), so they're possibly for heat regulation like a sail or giant ears are in other large animals in hot climates, or a sexual display technique. 

-Styracosaurus is around so that your players won't get bored of seeing a generic Triceratops everywhere they go :). It's smaller, somewhat less-threatening, but still enough of a challenge that nobody's going to want to just ignore it. It's highly aggressive, capable of overrunning a great deal of targets, and it can Rage & Power Attack all day long. The Frill provides some protection, and the Horn a powerful +9 damage effect. It's a full-on PL 8 offensively.

CENTROSAURUS
Pronounciation:
SENT-roh-SAWR-us ("point lizard")
Normal Version:
PL 7
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 9 (+8 Size)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
"Dinosaur Stampede!" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited to Movement Path) [8]

Offense:
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (+5 Frill, DC 15), Parry +6 (+8 Frill, DC 18), Toughness +8 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications: 

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 5 (67)

Same Stats As: Styracosaurus, Archelosaurus, Monoclonius (possibly a younger Centrosaurus), Einiosaurus (large hook-shaped forward-facing nose horn), Chasmosaurus (20 feet, three small horns)

-Very similar in size are Centrosaurus and Monoclonius, both of whom have simple, small frills with just the one nasal horn. They have the same stats (they're so similar that many believe Monoclonius is just a juvenile Centrosaurus) as Styracosaurus, but are generally less cool, unless you go for the "less is more" approach. Me, I'd use them just to throw players off who expect JUST the famous dinos.

CHASMOSAURUS
Pronounciation:
CHAZZ-mo-SAWR-us ("opening lizard")
Normal Version:
PL 7
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 9 (+8 Size)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

Offense:
Initiative +1

Defenses:

Complications: 

Same Stats As: Styracosaurus, Archelosaurus, Monoclonius (possibly a younger Centrosaurus), Einiosaurus (large hook-shaped forward-facing nose horn), Centrosaurus

-Chasmosaurus is actually my favourite out of this whole group when I think about it, because of the cool name and giant, super-impressive frill, and it actually has a full three horns on its face, though it has the same stats as Styracosaurus as well. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
BriarThrone

Re: Ankylosaurs

Post by BriarThrone »

Woodclaw wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:49 amMy favorite :D
Mine too. An armored lizard with a built-in friggin MACE. This is not a beast that celebrates the Fucksgiving holiday.
Jabroniville

Ceratopsians

Post by Jabroniville »

PENTACERATOPS
Pronounciation:
PENT-ah-SAIR-ah-tops ("five-horned face")
PL 9 (79)- Minion Rank 5, Sidekick Rank 16
Normal Version:
PL 7-8
STRENGTH 8 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+10 Size)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Diehard, Improved Critical (Horn) 2, Interpose, Power Attack

Powers:
"Ceratopsian Horns" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Penetrating 5) [7]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
"Dinosaur Stampede!" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited to Movement Path) [9]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Impervious Toughness 7 [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Horn +7 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Stampede +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (+5 Frill, DC 15), Parry +7 (+9 Frill, DC 19), Toughness +9 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +6

Complications: 

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 8 (79)

Size: Up to 27 feet long
Same Stats As: Pachrhinosaurus (26 feet- huge flat "boss" instead of Horn, doing one point less damage)

-Pentaceratops is like the Rob Liefeld bad-ass version of Triceratops- well, it would be, if it wasn't smaller than it's more famous relative. 27 feet long, they're just a notch smaller than Triceratops, and they're packing the standard Tri-horn set-up, plus two tiny horns pointing down off the top of the frill. Pentaceratops has the longest skull of any terrestrial mammal in history, which contains a full FIVE horns. Sadly, rather than the 'built-by-children' monstrosity that comes to mind when you think of that, the tiny pair of horns end up disappointing you. So it's not QUITE as awesome as you'd think. Still kinda cool, though. A similarlly-sized creature, Pachyrhinosaurus (like THAT ain't a mouthful to say), has a similarly-weird facial structure. Instead of a gigantic horn, they have a simple "boss" of flattened bone on their nasal area, which has shown distinct use as a butting weapon against other Pachies. 

-Both Pentaceratops & Pachyrhinosaurus are neat, more obscure dinosaurs to toss out there just to prove that you are a nerd who buys lots of dinosaur books :). They're just a bit more impressive than Styracosaurus, packing extra power and accuracy (they're so big, it's hard to avoid them) to make an extra PL higher.

PACHYRHINOSAURUS
Pronounciation:
PAKK-ee-RAI-no-SAUR-us ("thick-nosed lizard")
PL 9 (73)- Minion Rank 5, Sidekick Rank 16
Normal Version:
PL 7-8
STRENGTH 8 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+10 Size)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Diehard, Improved Critical (Horn) 2, Interpose, Power Attack

Powers:
"Ceratopsian Horns" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
"Dinosaur Stampede!" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited to Movement Path) [9]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Impervious Toughness 7 [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Horn +7 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Stampede +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (+5 Frill, DC 15), Parry +7 (+9 Frill, DC 19), Toughness +9 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +6

Complications: 

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 8 (73)

Size: Up to 27 feet long
Tactics: Charge with noses, defend in numbers

-Pachyrhinosaurus's name is a mouthful, and it's got one of the least-impressive nose/frill combos of the Ceratopsians. It's believed that they simply have large, flattened "bosses" on their noses, though some have depicted them with gigantic super-horns- Dino Riders featured just such a creature as the "holy grail" of the line- an ultra-rare toy that head-swaps the Triceratops/Torosaurus body mold for a low-armored creature that costs more than six-hundred dollars for a semi-complete one. The actual horns and bosses differ based off of the species, as various specimens feature different anatomies.

-Pachyrhinosaurus is fundamentally just Pentaceratops with different nose-gear.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.