Multiverse City(Macyn's Homebrew World)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Multiverse City(Macyn's Homebrew World)

Post by MacynSnow »

Ok,you can all blame BgIII for this stupid idea coming into fruition,but here goes:

The idea for this is that it's a build thread for everybody on the forum to put down some of their heroes&villian from their head that they use to explain the weird stuff found in comics,movies,TV,what-have-you.Ounce we get enough people doing this,i might even start a game for this on the board....

Now let the wierdness begin! :D
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Woodclaw

Re: Macyn's "Head Cannon" Group Thread

Post by Woodclaw »

I'll venture to ask ... what?
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Woodclaw wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:23 pm I'll venture to ask ... what?
Ok,let me try to explain it this way:you know how in School when you were a kid how you occasionly had "Group Projects"? The junk teachers gave you when they had something going on in their personal life and just didn't have time for a leason plan?That's sortof what i want this to be,an in-forum Universe where our own homebrew world,Heroes&Villians,fun NPC's we had met/ran,City's we made that we just can't seem to let go of,etc.
Basically The Echoes Of The Multiverse game world......
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:59 pm
Woodclaw wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:23 pm I'll venture to ask ... what?
Ok,let me try to explain it this way:you know how in School when you were a kid how you occasionly had "Group Projects"? The junk teachers gave you when they had something going on in their personal life and just didn't have time for a leason plan?That's sortof what i want this to be,an in-forum Universe where our own homebrew world,Heroes&Villians,fun NPC's we had met/ran,City's we made that we just can't seem to let go of,etc.
Basically The Echoes Of The Multiverse game world......
Okay, that's a bit more clear, but I would take a step back and first and foremost choose one of the key elements of such a project: scale. It might sound pedantic, but I've seen quite a few projects going down the drain because there were no guidelines.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Multiverse City?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:13 pm Multiverse City?
Bg has the right idea here for scale; We start with one large City located somewhere in the US....Multiverse City would actually be a decent name for it.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I never did finish my write-up of Cape City. I had done a few DC/Marvel/Everybody Else mash-up settings in the past, but those always seemed to focus more on the characters and not so much on the setting. When I started with Cape City, my goal was to make a realistic(ish) city for Defenders-level up to Avengers-level heroes and villains to play around in. I had piles of notes and the like, but only got the basics posted before RoninArmy shut down...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:10 pm I never did finish my write-up of Cape City. I had done a few DC/Marvel/Everybody Else mash-up settings in the past, but those always seemed to focus more on the characters and not so much on the setting. When I started with Cape City, my goal was to make a realistic(ish) city for Defenders-level up to Avengers-level heroes and villains to play around in. I had piles of notes and the like, but only got the basics posted before RoninArmy shut down...
Bring your favorite stuf over and we'll see what we can do with it! :D

I had a version of Hub City i ran for 2-3 years using (originally) the DC Superheroes RPG second edition then switched over to the Point-Based Marvel Universe RPG.It was more based around the street-level Noir aspects of the Question,only since he didn't have a large Rogue's Gallery,i had to use some from other heroes that fit what i had in mind that fit both the genre and Theme of the City(Mostly lesser known and lower ranked Batman and Superman villians,though i managed to snag a couple of Hawkman & Green Lantern ones).....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I never did finalize anything that happened in the city after about, oh, 1999-2000 or so. Nor did I ever post any of my more detailed descriptions of the seven boroughs: Clarkston, Wayne Heights, Prince's Landing, Curry Park, Jonesboro, West Allen, and New Jordan.

My basic plan was to have each of the seven boroughs be representative of one "type" of superhero city setting. Wayne Heights, aka "Pain Hill," was the gritty kind of hopeless crapsack city: Like Marvel's Daredevil's Hells Kitchen or Arrow's Starling City; Clarkston was the hopeful center of advanced science and forward looking upright businessmen: Like Supergirl's National City; Curry Park was a sort of sleepy seaside suburbia that held some secrets, a la Broadchurch, but could also just be a place where "normal life" happened, like Spider-Man's Queens; and so on and so forth. Basically, whatever type of hero a player wanted to make, they'd be able to fit in somewhere in the city.
Hoid

Re: Multiverse City(Forum Group Thread&Build Project)

Post by Hoid »

M&M2e?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Hoid wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:07 pmM&M2e?
Whichever edition is easier for everybody.While you,me and maybe a couple of others have 1e&2e,the others might only have 3e.Personally i have more 2e references,but i have a complete photocopied 3e Heroes Handbook so i should be good either way as right now we're just in the setting stages.

As for The MC Burrohs(?) goes,i'm thinking something along the lines of Metropolise from,ugh Smallville,with about 6-7 sections each set along the lines of a Comics Genre or company idea......
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I'll start on my first build for this,my personal head cannon Nightwing (i dislike Batman due to how he handles his allies),Northguard,by Saturday at the latest....
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

*pokes with a fork* Is this still a thing?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Yeah,it's still a thing.I just haven't had a lot of time to put the first post up....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Let's start the Ball rolling with my Superman Analog and Legacy,Captain Atlas
Commander Atlas I (Commander Harold "Harry" Ryder) Occupation:American Soldier/Hero Group Affiliation:The Freedom Allies
Power Origin:Exposure to High Radiation Dosage Base Of Operations:Los Alomos,New Mexico;European Theatre during War time
Stats:
STRENGTH 10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3 FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3 INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4) Deception 2 (+4) Expertise (Paramilitary) 5 (+7) Expertise (Farming) 2 (+4) Insight 2 (+4) Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+4) Treatment 6 (+8) Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2 Leadership, Interpose, Teamwork, Set-Up,Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Grab,Improved Hold, Benefit (Security Clearance)

Powers:
Leaping 6 (500 feet) [6]
Speed 7 (250 mph) [7]
Regeneration 8 [8]
Power-Lifting 4 (50,000 tons) [4]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 19) [23]

"Super-Strength Feats" (AE of Strength Damage) [2]
AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 13 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Ground) Linked to Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (16)
AE: "Shockwave" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Both Grounded) (12)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3
Groundstrike +13 Area (+13 Affliction, DC 23)
Shockwave +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)

Defense:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +15 (+19 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +6

Complications:
Secret (Commander Harold Ryder)-Only his wife Lucy knew he was Commander Atlas.
Motivation (Truth, Justice & The American Way)
Responsibility (Coast City & The Earth)

Relationship (Lucy Longstreet-Ryder)- Harry married his childhood sweetheart before being deployed and loves her very deeply.
Responsibility (Military Man)-Despite seeing some rather horrific things during WW II & being Discharged afterward,Harry(as Commander Atlas) was considered a "High Value Military asset" and was used acordingly...

Background:
TBA
Last edited by MacynSnow on Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.