Emerald Flame's Character Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bladewind

Re: Emerald Flame's Character Builds (Beast Wars Builds)

Post by Bladewind »

Rat Trap ! Definitely loves me some Rat Trap !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Emerald_Flame300

Post by Emerald_Flame300 »

RAT TRAP

** PENIDING **

Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Emerald_Flame300

Waspinator

** PENIDING **

Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Just read the Optimus Primal build (I'm always afraid I'll miss out on the build when you post the images first, lol)- looks good! A PL 10-ish fighter, I think (though you haven't decided on the two kinds of Combat Skills, I see).

As for Fortitude (vs) No Fortitude, it's always tricky. The idea of a "Fortitude Save" is really just something D&D invented- robots have different issues compared to living beings, but a lot of similar things can happen (internal damage, etc.). With Beast Wars characters, they typically could be torn apart, get rebuilt in labs, etc., like machines. Dinobot in particular showcased the nature of a spark, as his body flamed out after too much battle against the Predacons, losing energy. BUT... like in most any fiction, the robots act human enough that they go "OW!" when struck ("WHY WAS I PROGRAMMED TO FEEL PAIN!?!").

It's frankly often just thematic to works like this, and could even be done with just via Immunities for a cheaper overall cost.
Emerald_Flame300

BEHOLD... It has risen!!

Time passes waaayyyy too fast. My last post was on 12/22/2018. I haven't played M&M in ages. My gaming group fell apart and I haven't played in a long time...Obviously.

Then, the other morning I was driving to work and started thinking of MechaMan from the WatchGuard Universe. I was thinking of a character based on the MechaMan build.. (ala Centurions) and mixed with a show I just saw, Warrior Nun. The sad part is that it just popped into my head out of no-where.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Good to see you again! I think we talked about you on the Discord as one of the posters who hadn't been around in a while! I remember you from way back :).
Emerald_Flame300

I have to start working on some new builds....
Emerald_Flame300

When I started posting, my main character was The Horseman!! I built multiple builds along with various other characters surrounding the Horseman world.
I have been playing around with other designs that I had previously built.... Revisiting them... tweaking ... refining... or simply copying it.
Emerald_Flame300

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:19 am Good to see you again! I think we talked about you on the Discord as one of the posters who hadn't been around in a while! I remember you from way back :).
It HAS been a while. I got into table-top miniature gaming.. and with a break-down of my gaming group... I let this fade away.
Emerald_Flame300

Re: Emerald Flame's Character Builds (Mechagenesis)

I have been trying to get back into M&M and I have been toying with different characters. I have looked back at my 'flagship' character, The Horseman! and also some other characters. I have opted to focus on an interest that I have toyed with in the past... MECHAGENESIS. This was a True 20 supplement for 'Transformers-esque' role-playing. I always liked Transformers, especially Beast Wars (will follow up later). I have a bunch of pictures that I want to stat out.

AND SO IT BEGINS....

Too many years ago to admit to, I played through a module that gave me inspiration for creating an avenue for there to be a 'legitimate' race of transforming robots on the planet. I know... I know... It's whatever you make it to be.. but I like to have a reason other than "Because!".
Hello all.

The module of which I speak is, Battle on the Bay Bridge by Ben Robbins. (not sure if it is still available). The general gist is that a mad genius, Dr. Null, attacks the Bay Bridge using autonomous battle robots that are able to repair thenmselves and construct other robots. The heroes swoop in and combat begins. Lots of adventure tropes later... Heroes win!! (Maybe).

The idea that I had was this... The 'Bugbots' are capable to doubling their numbers every hour. They are programmed to recycle anything and everything they can to make new... upgraded.. versions of themselves. SO... a little math. 1 Bugbot can theoretically made a new version of itself every 60 minutes. 1 can make 1 in an hour, thus becoming 2. That means that there is feasibly 24 generations in a day. NOW... thinking of that in human terms, a generation being @ 25 years, that means that they evolve the equivalent of 600 human years every day. The math may be off... but this is a comicbook-based game anyway.

SO.... Some of the Bugbots fall or are blown off the bridge and fall into the water below. They crawl away and disappear. Slowly over time, they start to adapt, using scraps to rebuild themselves. As they do this, they slowly evolve and that little spark of autonomy evolves as well. Soon they are starting to think for themselves. As
evolve, their designs evolve as well. Soon they realize that they need to disguise themselves so they can move about. Technology and wireless internet can teach them and give them source material. Soon, the robots' distinct personalities start to form factions. Those that see humans as co-existing entities and those that see humans as subservient and a third group that just wants to be left alone. All of this happens in a relatively short amount of time. If the first sentience arises a month later, that would be equivalent (using previous math) to 720 generations of progression.

There you have the basic idea. The robots would be feasibly entered into the game universe and would open up games where the leader of one faction might team up with the Freedom League (or whoever your heroes are) and maybe Dr. Null will show up, recognizing his creations and be welcomed as "Father".

OK... enough rambling.

Enjoy
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald_Flame300

Re: Emerald Flame's Character Builds

JAUNT

Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 5
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Tracking

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 2 (+7), Close Combat: ???? 1 (+6), Deception 2 (+3), Expertise: Wilderness
Survival 4 (+6), Insight 2 (+4), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+7), Ranged Combat: ???? 3 (+7),
Stealth 5 (+4), Technology 3 (+5)

Powers
*Robotic Construct
* Blaster Rifle: Damage 10 (Linked; DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
* Enhanced Sensors: Senses 7 (Linked; Accurate: Olfactory, Acute: Olfactory, Danger Sense:
Olfactory, Extended: Vision 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Olfactory 1: -1 speed rank)
* Enhanced Leg Pistons: Speed 3 (Linked; Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
Immunity: Immunity 30 (Linked; Fortitude Effects)
* Robot to Wolf: Morph 1 (Linked; +20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form; Metamorph)

Variable Size and Configuration
* Growth: Growth 5 (Linked; +5 STR, +5 STA, +2 Intimidate, -5 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size
rank, +5 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
* Protection: Protection 5 (Linked; +5 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +8
Blaster Rifle: Damage 10, +4 (DC 25)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 15)
Throw, +4 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 20)

Complications
Loner: Jaunt prefers to be roaming the wilderness and stays away from big cities when possible.

Monstrous: A large robot that can transform into a large wolf.

Languages
(N) Mecha Terran
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 10, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 76 + Advantages 6 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 150

Jaunt is a Animorph variant of the Mechamorph. He acts as a wilderness scout and he is truly at home when roaming the wilderness of the planet. Since starting his journeys, Jaunt has fallen in love with and has become very protective of the forests and wilderness of Earth.

He tends to be a loner and speaks rarely other than to answer a question.
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Emerald_Flame300

GRAVESITE @ TOMBSTONE - PL 10

Strength 6
Stamina 6
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 7
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Eidetic Memory, Improved Critical: Nexus Scythe: Strength-based Damage 2, Improved
Initiative 2, Minion 8, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Tracking

Skills
Athletics 2 (+8), Close Combat: Swinging the Scythe 4 (+11), Deception 4 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation
5 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Stealth 8 (+7), Technology 3 (+6)

Powers
* IR Dampening: Concealment 2 (Sense - Sight; Limited: IR Signature only)
* Nexus Scythe: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23; Penetrating 5, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.)
Robotic Construct
* Enhanced designs: Speed 2 (Linked; Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
* Immunity: Immunity 30 (Linked; Fortitude Effects)
* Robot to Hearse: Morph 1 (Linked; +20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form; Metamorph)
* Variable Size and Configuration
> Growth: Growth 5 (Linked; +5 STR, +5 STA, +2 Intimidate, -5 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size
rank, +5 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
> Protection: Protection 5 (Linked; +5 Toughness)
> Visual Sensors: Senses 2 (Linked; Extended: Vision 1: x10, Low-light Vision)
* Shock Shield: Damage 8 (DC 23; Limited: Requires touch by target)

Offense
Initiative +12
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 16)
Nexus Scythe: Strength-based Damage 2, +11 (DC 23)
Shock Shield: Damage 8, +7 (DC 23)
Throw, +4 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 21)

Complications

Dead Personality: This is a mech without mercy, and perhaps even without
emotion.
Monstrous: A giant-sized robot that can transform into a shiny black hearse.

Languages
(N) Mecha Terran
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 11, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 55 + Advantages 17 + Skills 17 (33 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 153
—————

TOMBSTONE

Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Advantages
Agile Feint, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Evasion

Skills
Athletics 2 (+5), Close Combat: Blades and Claws 3 (+7), Deception 3 (+4), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 2
(+3), Perception 4 (+6), Stealth 1 (+4)

Powers
* Claws and Knives: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 21; Multiattack, Penetrating 5)

* Robotic Construct
> Immunity: Immunity 30 (Linked; Fortitude Effects)
> Protection: Protection 6 (Linked; +6 Toughness)
> Robot to Casket: Morph 1 (Linked; +20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form; Metamorph)
Visual Sensors: Senses 2 (Linked; Extended: Vision 1: x10, Low-light Vision)

Offense
Initiative +3
Claws and Knives: Strength-based Damage 3, +9 (DC 21)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 13)
Throw, +3 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 18)

Complications
Monstrous: Transforming robot, that changes from robot to casket
Psychotic: Tombstone, is just as depraved and wicked as Gravesite.

Languages
(N) Mecha Terran

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 7, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 11/9, Will 4

Power Points

Abilities 40 + Powers 55 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (17 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 120

Gravesite is an assassin in the purest form, who takes great pleasure in the appearance of his alt form — that of a big, black hearse. This is a mech without mercy, and perhaps even without emotion. The only thing that seems to bring him any glee at all is viewing the dismembered and
smoking remains of his enemies. His companion, Tombstone, is just as depraved and wicked as he is. Tombstone’s alt form is a casket. Tombstone only speaks in a gibbering form of a language and is by human-standards a psychopath.
Gravesite has an advanced cloaking system that eliminates any IR signature. He is constantly at "room temperature". His scythe that he carries is an energized vibro-blade that can cleave through most objects.
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Emerald_Flame300

Emerald Flame's Character Builds

DRAGON CLAW (Lóng zhuǎ)

Original photo posted by Mark Jenkin

Strength 11
Stamina 5
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 3/1
Intellect 3
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Advantages
Benefit, Security Clearance 3: Capt of Chinese Army, Equipment 2, Evasion, Improved Initiative,
Improvised Tools, Inventor, Languages 1, Power Attack, Ranged Attack, Speed of Thought

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+3), Athletics 1 (+12), Close Combat: Wing Chun 3 (+6), Expertise: Tactics 3 (+6), Insight 2
(+4), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth 2 (+3), Technology 5 (+8), Treatment 2 (+5)

Powers

Advanced Combat Armor
(Removable)
* Comm System: Radio Communication 3
* Enhanced Armored Exo-Skeleton
* Armor Plates: Protection 4 (Linked; technological, +4 Toughness)
* Conceals Identity: Concealment 4 (Linked; technological, All Visual Senses)
* Enhanced Stamina: Enhanced Stamina 5 (Linked; technological, +5 STA)
* Force-Field Supported Structure: Impervious Toughness 6 (Linked; technological)
* Life Support: Immunity 13 (technological, Environmental Condition: High-Pressure, Life Support,
Uncommon Descriptor: EMP Pulse)
* Psi-Shielding: Enhanced Trait 4 (technological, Will +4 (+6); Limited: Only -vs- Mental Attacks/Effects)
* Pulse Laser Array: Blast 10 (technological, DC 25; Extended Range 2, Penetrating, Precise)
> Cutting Laser
Damage: Damage 7 (Linked; DC 22; Penetrating)
Weaken: Weaken 4 (Linked; Affects: Toughness of material being cut, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC
14)
* Cybernetic Musculature: Enhanced Strength 10 (Alternate; +10 STR)
* Flares/Chaff: Cloud Area Concealment 4 (Alternate; All Visual Senses; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius
sphere, DC 14, Reaction: reaction; Limited to Machines, Unreliable (5 uses))
* Micro-Missle System: Blast 7 (Alternate; DC 22; Multiattack)
* Mono-Blade Sword: Strength-based Damage 3 (Alternate; DC 29; Penetrating 4)
* Reinforced Fists: Strength-based Strike 2 (Alternate; DC 28)

>Sensor Suite: Senses 9 (Accurate: Visual, Acute: Visual, Analytical: Visual, Direction Sense, Distance
Sense, Extended: Visual 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Radio)
Targeting Computer: Enhanced Trait 7 (technological, Fighting +2 (+3), Advantages: Improved
Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack)
>Thruster Turbines: Flight 8 (technological, Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)

Offense
Initiative +7
Damage: Damage 7, +3 (DC 22)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 21)
Micro Missle System: Blast 7, +2 (DC 22)
Mono-Blade Sword: Strength-based Damage 3, +6 (DC 29)
Pulse Laser Array: Blast 10, +2 (DC 25)
Reinforced Fists: Strength-based Strike 2, +3 (DC 28)
Throw, +2 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 26)
Weaken: Weaken 4, +3 (DC Fort 14)

Complications
Responsibility: Captain in the Chinese National Revolutionary Army.
Secret Identity: The true identity of the pilot of the Dragon Claw is not widely known.

Languages
Chinese, English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 9, Toughness 9, Will 6/2

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 94 + Advantages 10 + Skills 8 (22 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 150

Identity: Secret
Other Aliases: None
Birthplace: Xincheng, Xiangfen County, Dingcun
Marital Status: Single
D.O.B.: 09-30-1994
Group Affiliation: People's Army
Base of Operations: Mobile, China
Distinguishing Characteristics: None known.

The Dragon Claw (Lóng zhuǎ) mobile combat suit prototype / Mulan Class (MCS-P) is the Chinese government's answer to the proliferation of battlesuits that are popping up all over. The Chinese government realized that they needed to be able to field advanced combat systems that could match or even exceed the other suits that are being used by different governments.
Once the suit was designed, the process of finding a pilot began. A female pilot was quickly chosen as a prime candidate as the female is generally smaller in stature and frame size allowing for an over-all smaller battlesuit. The prototype was built around this concept, but other suits to accommodate males are in production.

Captain Li Xiu Ying was chosen for her exemplary military record and skill in a fighter craft. She was quickly moved to a secret testing facility and trained on the Dragon Claw suit.

The Dragon Claw was built with the idea of being able to move and fight as a normal soldier could. Being able to handle standard weapons as well as having specialized weapons was important. Captain Li Xiu Ying was trained extensively in Hand-to-Hand and ranged weapons. She spent days in the suit until it was a part of her.

Once Dragon Claw was trained and ready to go, it was sent out to operate in foreign lands, fighting a myriad of enemies and reporting back to the Chinese government. Each battle provided important information to fine-tune the suit.

Dragon Claw is the first in a line of advanced battlesuits that will be able to be deployed to protect the interests of China.

* This character came about after a conversation that I recently had. We were discussing the Cold War and the "East -vs- West " mentality that existed at that time. The U.S. -vs- Russia. There have been 3rd-Party modules that dealt with the Cold War error and the WARGAMES series is good at capturing this period of time. My thinking then moved forward and I started to think about whether or not there was the same dynamic today and if so... who were the players. Assuming East -vs- West again... We know the West part; the United States... so who was the East? As if by magic... a news broadcast came on the TV and it was speaking about how there are allegations that Hunter Biden took money from China. There it was... The East part... China.

Dragon Claw is not meant to be insulting or a slight against China and I can see that most countries would be trying to make their own battlesuited heroes to fight for their interests. Arms escalations are a part of the game. If not nuclear... then Battlesuits/Supers.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Images don't seem to be working.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Emerald_Flame300

I think I fixed them.... Hopefully. I am hosting out of Dropbox. Any other Image Hosting sites that you know of? Preferable free?