LDF : Women of Strength & Power

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
LadyDragonFly

Re: LDF : Women of Strength & Power

Post by LadyDragonFly » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Woodclaw wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 am
LadyDragonFly wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:30 am
I don't know if anyone remembers me. I used to post female characters on the old ATT Forums. I thought I'd try and come back to stating up my "Women of strength and power" thread. These builds will be mostly LGBT Friendly.
I remember you very well, in fact I still have some of your old 2e builds saved on my back-up HD.
<3

LadyDragonFly

Post by LadyDragonFly » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:55 am
Ditto, Lady Dragonfly. If memory serves, I might owe you a check for $.0000000000000000001 for your work at the old J-Mart. :)

Welcome to the boards!
I'll expect my severance pay too!

LadyDragonFly

Vindicator Plaza

Post by LadyDragonFly » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:29 pm

The Vindicators
The Vindicators are a group of meta human women, who have teamed up together to protect the city (Which I have yet to really flesh out yet. But I wanted to set down some parameters and get things off to a good start). The Vindicator's logo is a glowing red fist super imposing an upside down yellow triangle on a black circular patch. Some of the funding comes from Lady Dragonfly's resources, though they do get some backing from the city. It is not as substantial as Dragonfly's funds, however. And their are concessions and responsibilities for the support the city does provide.

Vindicator plaza, is a 7 story office building that is built in the down town district. Surrounded by a small park , it creates a Idyllic setting, despite the kind of attention it can draw. The Park itself has a number of defensive capabilities, statues which hide energy blasters. and electrically charged zones through out the grounds which can stun groups of foes.

Underneath the plaza lies a underground parking lot, storage facilities for cells, and the independent power supply system. As well as tunnels which lead away to an adjoining parking lot facility, where our hero's can return to their "normal" identities and leave without notice.
Vindicator Plaza - PL 11

Toughness 12, Size Large

Features:
Communications, Computer, Defense System, Energy Blasters 1, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 1, Stun Barriers 1, Workshop

Power Points
Abilities 2 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 17 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 3 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 22
Campaign side notes:
women in my campaign universe have a greater disposition to developing metahuman abilities. While there are male heroes in the world, it seems men possessing super human abilities generally tend to be less stable and more likely to become villains."
Last edited by LadyDragonFly on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyDragonFly

Post by LadyDragonFly » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:48 pm

"By the eternal fire of the phoenix!"

Mistress Phyre - PL 11

Abilities
Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 3, Awareness 7, Presence 2

Advantages
Artificer, Attractive, Benefit: Master Mage, Fearless, Improved Critical: Staff of the Phoenix, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Ranged Attack 6, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Arcane, Teamwork, Trance

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+6), Expertise: Arcane 13 (+16), Expertise: History 6 (+9), Perception 5 (+12), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10)

Powers
Magic of the Phoenix
. . Beak of the Phoenix: Move Object 13 (200 tons)
. . Dazzling Fire: Dazzle 13 (Affects Sense: Visual , Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 23)
. . Fiery Tears of the Phoenix: Healing 12 (Persistent, Stabilize)
. . Phoenix Fire: Blast 13 (DC 28)
. . Talons of the Phoenix: Snare 8 (DC 18)
. . Vivid Imagery: Illusion 8 (Affects: Three Sense Types - Visual and Hearing, Area: 250 cft., DC 18)
Magical Awareness: Senses 4 (Acute: Magical Awareness, Awareness: Magic (visual), Extended: Magical Awarness 1: x10, Radius: Magical Awareness)
Magically change outfits: Feature 1
Staff of the Phoenix (Easily Removable)
. . Damage: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 18, Advantages: Improved Critical; Accurate: +2)
The eyes of the Phoenix: Remote Sensing 14 (Affects: 2 Types, inc. Visual - Visual and Hearing, Range: 60 miles; Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: Physical Body Defenseless)
. . The wings of the phoenix
. . . . Flight: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
. . . . Force Field: Force Field 12 (+12 Toughness; Impervious [1 extra rank])
Third Phoenix Incarnation
. . Longevity (1700 years): Feature 1
. . Rise from the Ashes: Immortality 2 (Return after 1 week)

Offense
Initiative +5
Beak of the Phoenix: Move Object 13, +8 (DC 23)
Damage: Strength-based Damage 3, +7 (DC 18)
Dazzling Fire: Dazzle 13, +8 (DC Fort 23)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 10)
Phoenix Fire: Blast 13, +8 (DC 28)
Talons of the Phoenix: Snare 8, +8 (DC Dog 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 15)

Complications
Motivation: Responsibility: Nora takes her responsibility to protect earth from supernatural forces very seriously.
Power Loss: She cannot cast spells if she is bound or gagged.
Relationship: Nora is having a relationship with Priscilla (Lady Dragonfly)
Secret: True Identity.

Languages
English, Hebrew, Turkish

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 5, Fortitude 6, Toughness 13, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 74 + Advantages 17 + Skills 13 (37 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 165

Background Details
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 115 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Team Affiliation: The Vindicators

Mistress Phyre (aka Nora Jones), is the third reincarnation of a powerful sorceress of the same name through out time. She has been a devout student and disciple of the Mysteries of an ancient being called the Phoenix. And this shows even today.

Nora is the mystical expert for the team of the Vindicators. And is quite blatantly bi-sexual , but for her , race, gender, species has little meaning to her (but she does have her limits). She even has some Iranian heritage in her, which she often enjoys visiting her ancestors homeland. The mystical lore and energies about the land are quite staggering.

LadyDragonFly

Athena

Post by LadyDragonFly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:22 am

Athena- PL 15

Strength 12, Stamina 11, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 10, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Benefit, Status: God of Thunder, Defensive Attack, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2: Spear Strike: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical 2: Spear Throw, Languages 1, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 4 (+16), Close Combat: Athena's Spear 2 (+12), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise: Arcane 5 (+8), Expertise: History 5 (+8), Expertise: Law 10 (+13), Intimidation 10 (+13), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Athena's Spear 8 (+12), Ranged Combat: Throw 8 (+12), Treatment 5 (+8)

Powers
Affinity for Owls
. . Comprehend: Comprehend 2 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Advantages: Animal Empathy; Narrow Type: Owls Only)
Athena's Shield (Removable)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 6 (Traits: Dodge +3 (+13), Parry +3 (+15))
. . . . Summon Glaucus: Enhanced Trait 5 (Alternate; Advantages: Minion 5)
Athena's Spear (Easily Removable (indestructible))
. . Only the worthy may wield: Feature 1
. . Spear Throw: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 30, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Spear Strike: Strength-based Damage 3 (Alternate; DC 30, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Reach (melee): 5 ft.)
God of Wisdom & War
. . Athena's Wrath: Perception Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Perception Area, Increased Duration: concentration, Selective; Limited: Despair Only)
. . Dimensional Travel: Movement 2 (Dimensional: Mythological Realms 2: group, 50 lbs.; Custom 2: Portal)
. . Finding the Weakspot (Penetrating 15, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Any Weapon)
. . Healing: Healing 7 (Persistent, Restorative, Stabilize)
. . Multiple Strikes (Multiattack, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Any Weapon)
Olympian
. . Ageless: Immunity 12 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Condition: Heat , Environmental Condition: Cold, Fatigue Effects, Sleep, Suffocation (All))
. . Athena's Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (+5 STR; Permanent)
. . . . Leaping: Leaping 10 (Alternate; Leap 1 mile at 250 miles/hour in 12 seconds)
. . Athena's Strength: Power-lifting 4 (+4 STR for lifting)
Olympian Armor (Removable)
. . Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious)

Offense
Initiative +3
Athena's Wrath: Perception Area Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 22)
Spear Strike: Strength-based Damage 3, +12 (DC 30)
Spear Throw: Strength-based Damage 3, +14 (DC 30)
Throw, +14 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 27)

Complications
Motivation: Justice. Athena as a driving thirst to protect the innocent, and to punish the guilty.
Quirk. Athena never backs down from a challenge. She is confident in her abilities, which can sometimes leave her vulnerable. She is a god after all.
Secret. Athena for now, keeps her two lives seperate. Thus no one knows that she is Minerva.
Rivalry. Not oddly enough, Athena has a friendly and sometimes Intense Rivalry with Thor, God of Thunder.

Languages
Ancient Greek, English

Defense
Dodge 13/10, Parry 15/12, Fortitude 15, Toughness 15, Will 15

Power Points
Abilities 88 + Powers 76 + Advantages 10 + Skills 26 (77 ranks) + Defenses 25 = 225

Builders Notes
Minerva Jones is actually Athena (the greek goddess of war and wisdom). As a greek Nationalist, she moved to America to explore this great country. At night, she fights crime , and during the day she is a lawyer fighting crime and protecting the weak in a different way.

And yes I know, she doesn't have the Medean Shield. But I honesty don't see a "hero" having such a powerful device. Besides I'm making the Gods my way in my Comic Universe. Which I am making Generic enough to fit into any setting you Like, though the default assumption is perhaps an alternate Marvel Universe. Because my Vindicators are my version of the Avengers pretty much.

Glaucus, Great Owl - PL 7

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 3, Intellect -2, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
Favored Environment: Air, Improved Initiative, Move by Action

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+7), Perception 7 (+9)

Powers
Comprehend: Comprehend 2 (Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
Flight: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Wings)
Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious)
Senses: Senses 2 (Extended: Vision 1: x10, Low-light Vision)
Shrinking: Shrinking 6 (+6 Stealth, +3 active defenses, -1 size category; Innate, Normal Strength)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 17)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 5, Toughness 7, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 37 + Advantages 3 + Skills 4 (11 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 75

LadyDragonFly

Miss America

Post by LadyDragonFly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:32 am

Miss America - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina 7, Agility 7, Dexterity 7, Fighting 7, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
Attractive, Benefit, Security Clearance: Government, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Equipment 4, Evasion, Improved Defense, Luck 4, Set-up, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 7 (+14), Athletics 7 (+12), Close Combat: Shield Bash: Strength-based Damage 3 4 (+11), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise (PRE): Modeling 5 (+7), Expertise: Cooking 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+9), Ranged Combat: Throwing Shield: Strength-based Damage 4 4 (+11), Vehicles 3 (+10)

Powers
Super Soldier Formula
. . Athletic Potential: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
. . Superior Hearing: Senses 1 (Extended: Extended hearing 1: x10)
. . Superior Metabolism: Immunity 8 (Disease, Fatigue Effects, Poison, Suffocation: Drowning; Limited - Half Effect)
The American Shield (Removable (indestructible))
. . The American Shield: Immunity 80 (Toughness Effects; Sustained; Concentration, Distracting)
. . . . Medium Shield: Enhanced Trait 6 (Alternate; Traits: Dodge +2 (+9), Parry +2 (+9), Advantages: Evasion, Improved Defense)
. . . . Shield Bash: Strength-based Damage 3 (Alternate; DC 23)
. . . . Throwing Shield: Strength-based Damage 3 (Alternate; DC 24; Increased Range: ranged, Ricochet 3: 3 bounces)

Equipment
Commlink, Handcuffs, Miss America's Costume [Flak Vest: Protection 4, +4 Toughness], Motorcycle

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 15)
Shield Bash: Strength-based Damage 3, +11 (DC 23)
Throw, +7 (DC 20)
Throwing Shield: Strength-based Damage 3, +11 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 20)

Complications
Motivation: Patriot.
Secret: Identity.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 9/7, Parry 9/7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 11, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 80 + Powers 34 + Advantages 13 + Skills 20 (59 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 153

Background:
How does a woman born into a Military family in the 1978 become an American Icon? Even though women are not allowed to fight in the Military, she became a reservist in the marines, instead of full military like her father. She modeled full time , but still held a love for her country and wanting to help. She was recruited into a special program where she was hand picked from a number of individuals to undergo a radical super soldier serum.

There were many successes but no one was as mentally and emotionally sound after the procedure. Many of the unstable ones escaped, but Tracy stayed to help. And so she became Miss America. Many still don't take her very seriously, and she still has a lot to learn. But she now has purpose to hunt down and incarcerate the subjects who escaped and became super villains.

- still under construction -

Identity: Secret
Height: 5'9"
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Blonde
Last edited by LadyDragonFly on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyDragonFly

Post by LadyDragonFly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:36 am

And that finishes up the Vindicators, my version of the Avengers

danelsan

Post by danelsan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:30 am

I like them!

...but the ones with pictures by Reiq make it hard not to think of rule 34 XP

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:32 am

So... Exactly why are the Vindicators an all-woman group?

This is clearly an important part of their concept, but its not explained in your brief write-up.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

LadyDragonFly

Post by LadyDragonFly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:32 am
So... Exactly why are the Vindicators an all-woman group?

This is clearly an important part of their concept, but its not explained in your brief write-up.
Thanks for the excellent question, I will add this the appropriate post.
"women in my campaign universe have a greater disposition to developing metahuman abilities. While there are male heroes in the world, it seems men possessing super human abilities generally tend to be less stable and more likely to become villains."

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Okay... and why is that?

Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:26 pm
Okay... and why is that?
The inverse of the reason why the founding Justice League members are approximately 71.4% to 85.7% male depending on continuity.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:16 pm

The initial Justice League lineup included seven of DC Comics' superheroes who were regularly published at that time: Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman. By editorial mandate, Superman and Batman were very rarely included and after the first few years the line-up changed when editorial decided any hero with a solo title wasn’t to be included in the team book.

It was 1960, there just weren’t many superheroines around. DC Comics never offered an in-universe explanation.

Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:21 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:16 pm
The initial Justice League lineup included seven of DC Comics' superheroes who were regularly published at that time: Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman. By editorial mandate, Superman and Batman were very rarely included and after the first few years the line-up changed when editorial decided any hero with a solo title wasn’t to be included in the team book.

It was 1960, there just weren’t many superheroines around. DC Comics never offered an in-universe explanation.
So then why did you request one in this case, and then question the explanation that she came up with?

Did there need to be a reason why the team was all-women?
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Because when designing a fictional universe, I feel that verisimilitude is important. This means, in part, a consistent and logical explanation for things. Had I been both alive in 1960 and in charge of DC Comics, well, yeah, I’d have wanted some better explanation for why they had a core cast of two dozen superheroes and only four super-women who made recurring appearances. But, we’re in 2018 and LDF is designing her own ‘verse... I’m just trying to help “stir the pot” and come up with ideas.