Wizards & Wyverns - My fantasy build thread (My D&D PCs)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Woodclaw

Re: #5 D&D 5th: Usagi, Princess Serenity

Post by Woodclaw »

Davies wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:10 am
Woodclaw wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:35 pm :arrow: Damn, this was hard. Not because of the rules, but because if there's a character I really never got the appeal of is Usagi Tsukino. I get that the big idea was to have the most awkward protagonist possible to make her growth even more apparent, but there is such thing as too much. It doesn't help that like any other silly trait this become so prevalent in sebsequent adaptations that nothing could be done about it. All in all what I was left with is a character that has the uncanny ability to befriend everyone, like a overgorwth starry-eyed child, but was very much a dead weight in many other circumstances.
A Touch of Class, a book of 3rd-party designed classes to which I contributed, also includes a Noble class that might work for her.
I know about that book and I tested the first version of the Noble (when it was called "The Princess") and I agree it would be a good fit, but for this set Iwas purpotedly limiting myself to the official handbooks.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Woodclaw

Re: Wizards & Wyverns - My fantasy build thread

Post by Woodclaw »

Well, this is the end of the Moon's Guardians set, for now. I decided to give this one a go mostly to take a break from the Warehouse. Now it's high time I go back to Overwatch for a while.

If any of you is interested in seeing other fantasy based conversions just let me know (also providing pics for inspiration is highly appreciated.)

Woodclaw

#6 Haruka, the Roaming Knight

Post by Woodclaw »

Well, my mother is getting better by the day and I have a bit more free time now. So I decided to finish this set of builds.

Picture by Risa "Vylla" Hulett

Haruka, the Roaming Knight

Race: Human (variant rules); Background: Knight of the Order; Class: Fighter 6th (Eldritch Knight)

Alignment. Lawful Neutral
Personality.
Haruna is passionate, throwing herself at any new challenge, but often she is also blunt to the point of rudeness.
Haruna has faced the worst the world could throw at her and has no fear or regret left.

Ideals.
The Mission: Haruna believes that nothing is more important than her role as a guardian of the realm.
Bonds.
Haruna is hopelessly and stupidly in love with Michiru.
Flaws.
Because of the hardship she suffered, Haruna is often blunt and rude toward those who try to calm her down.

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +2 (14), INT: +2 (15), WIS: +1 (13), CHA: +0 (10)

Proficiency Bonus: +3
  • Saving Throws: Strength +6, Constitution +5
  • Skills: Arcana +5; Athletics +6; Intimidation +3; Perception +4; Persuasion +3
  • Tools: Land Vehicles*
  • Languages: Common, Giant
  • Weapons: All Simple and Martial
  • Armors: Light, Medium, Heavy and Shield
Features
  • Knightly Regard. Haruka can receive shelter and succor from members of her order and those who are sympathetic to its aims.
  • Dueling Fighting Style. Haruka adds +2 damage to one-handed weapons, as long as she doesn't carry a weapon in her off-hand.
  • Second Wind (Bonus Action; once per Short Rest). Haruka can use her bonus action to regain 1d10+6 hp.
  • Action Surge (once per Short Rest).On her turn Haruka can take a second Action on top of her regular one.
  • Extra Attack. Haruka can Attack twice.
  • Weapon Bond. Haruka can't be disarmed of her Star Sword unless she is incapacitated. She can also summon the sword into her hand with a bonus action as long as they are on the same plane of existence.
  • Feat: Heavy Armor Master. While wearing heavy armor, Haruka reduces all damage from non-magical weapons by 3.
  • Feat: Warcaster. Haruka can perform the somatic components of her spell with a weapon or shield in hand. She also has Advantage to CON saving throw to maintain Concentration spells. When an opponent causes an Opportunity Attack, she can cast a spell instead of using her weapon.
Combat:

Initiative: +0; Armor Class: 20 (plate armor + shield); Speed: 30'
Hit Points: 52; Hit Dice: 6d8

Attacks:
  • Star Sword (longsword) (+6 to hit; 1d8+5)
Other Equipment: Crystal (arcane focus, worked into the sword hilt), Clothes (traveller), Seal of the Order, Backpack (Bedroll, Mess Kit, Tinderbox, Rations [10 days], Torches [10], Rope [50']), Pouch (10gp), Waterskin

Spells (alwasy prepared)
  • Cantrips: Blade Ward, True Strike
  • 1st Level: Absorb Elements, Chromatic Orb, Earth Tremor, Shield
The Story So Far.
The Outer Marches are a narrow strip of land that lays past the Windsong Forest. These harsh and unforgiving domains are the first line of defense of the Silver Moon Kingdom against any landbound invasion and their inhabitants are of a harsh and ferocious breed. The most stalwart among the defenders of the realm is the Order of the Roaming Stars -- sometimes known as the Roaming Knights -- a band of merciless warriors, trained since their youth and welcomed into the household of the Marquise of Celestia.
While tradition dictates that the Knights should sever each and any link to their past lives, many keep in touch with their old acquaintances and relatives, but this is not the case of Dame Haruka of Celestia. Nobody is sure where she came from -- some whisper that even she might not know her true origin -- but none can deny her dedication to the Kingdom. As far as most of her fellow Knights are concerned, she simply appeared at the fortress one day and the Marquise himself ordered to put her with the rest of the recruits, despite her young age.
Haruka's climbed the ranks at astonishing speed, demonstrating strength, skill and conviction that scared and impressed many. She became the right-hand woman of the Master of the Order, although she refused any formal rank. She kept wandering the border as a simple Knight, vanquishing more creatures from the Dark Regions than one could count. All of this was recently eclipsed by rumors of a rather scandalous relationship with Lady Michiru of Poseidonia.

:arrow: Haruka Tenou, a.k.a. Sailor Uranus, a.k.a. one of the reasons why I hate late introduced characters...

:arrow: Okay. I'll leave the rant out of the door. Anyway, Haruka was a pretty easy fit in terms of class, next to Makoto she is the most physical of the Senshi, making fighter pretty much a given, but background... oh man, that was tough. If we look at the source material there is pretty much zero material of Haruka and Michiru pre-Senshi, they go even less development than any of the Inners, which is pretty much a record. In the end, I when with the Knight of the Order to represent her single-minded, almost maniacal dedication to her mission.

:arrow: The Eldritch Knight was a good compromise as far as powers go, while it makes her a third rate caster, it also provides some really nifty tricks and the ability to recall her sword from any distance, which fits the bill of the "magical warrior".

:arrow: On the subject of the art: why the ******* crown?
Last edited by Woodclaw on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Haruka’s Japanese name invokes the term “Cekestial King” or something, which is probably where the artist grabbed the concept.

Ps, I demand your rant on the late introduced Senshi :).
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:34 am Haruka’s Japanese name invokes the term “Cekestial King” or something, which is probably where the artist grabbed the concept.

Ps, I demand your rant on the late introduced Senshi :).
I don't know if I really have to humor you :P

Anyway, the rant is not about these characters specific. It's more of a general thing that tend to happen in many series (and some comic books) that adds character that are supposed to be a big deal in later seasons. As a rule of thumb many of these characters gets what amount to a crapton of free passes on many problems that the rest of the cast had in the first place. If they are supposed to get powers, they will and they would be pretty much up to speed in no time, even when these came with some terrible complications. One particulary egregious example are all the Kryptonians that arrived on Earth after Superman. Ever since the 1984-85 reboot it has been established that Clark didn't have much in the way of powers until he hit puberty, but every other Kryptonian seem to get the same powers the second the enter the Solar System. This might have a number of explanations in story, but it's pretty rare for it to even be addressed in-universe. Even worst these characters can use these abilities well enough to cause Supes trouble, which doesn't make much sense at all.

In the case of the Outer Senshis, from what little I remember the problem was compunded by how insufferably smug they were about their superiority. I remember an episode where the Uranus and Neptune challenged the Inners to a duel and the underlying narrative implied that they would have won just because and my mind went like this:
  • The Outers are 2 against 4 Inners, which is just by itself a massive disadvantage.
  • The Inners have fought together for years, they are at least as well coordinated as the Outers.
  • In terms of pure firepower, unless the Outers can one-shot at least 3 Inners from the get go, they're screwed.
  • Purely in terms of versatility the Inners have a much more varied array of abilities, including snares, misdirection etc.
Final verdict: the Outers had a death-wish.

Fact is, I'm not automatically against late-introduced characters that has high-level abilities, but at the very least I want that bit sorted out in-universe. The old G.I.Joe comic by Marvel made a pretty good job of this, pretty much introducing new characters in small batches as new recruits (although there was the occasional WTF moment; yes Sgt. Slaughter I'm looking at you).

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ahhhh... I hear you. I've gone into the same thing before, when every successive generation of Teen Heroes is more talented with their powers more quickly than their predecessors were. The New Mutants struggled to even be worthwhile against regular humans for like thirty issues; meanwhile, the Avengers Academy kids were whupping established super-villains immediately.

And yeah, my Sailor Moon reviews go on and on about how Uranus & Neptune arrived with greater power, bragged about their power (while the plot went "oooh... ahhhh..." over their beauty and skill), and then had the nerve to act superior and annoyed over the younger, pre-established Senshi. It's really a sign of how cool people legitimately found those two that they didn't become the most hated characters in the series overnight.
Woodclaw

#7 Michiru, the Seafaring Bard

Post by Woodclaw »

Michiru, the Seafaring Bard

Race: Human (variant rules); Background: Sailor; Class: Bard 6th (College of Lore)

Alignment. Lawful Neutral
Personality.
Michiru is always calm and poised, even in the worst circumstance.
It's easier to find a living unicorn than a hair out of place on Michiru's head.

Ideals.
The Mission: Michiru believes that nothing is more important than her role as a guardian of the realm.
Bonds.
Michiru is hopelessly and stupidly in love with Haruka.
Flaws.
Michiru often displays an icy disposition toward those who don't meet her embarrassingly high standards.

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +1 (13), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +3 (16)

Proficiency Bonus: +3
  • Saving Throws: Dexterity +6, Charisma +6
  • Skills: Arcana +4, Athletics +3, Deception +6, History +4, Intimidation* +9, Insight +3, Perception +3, Performance* +9, Persuasion* +9, Stealth +6
  • Tools: Drum, Lute, Lyre, Flute, Navigator Tools, Water Vehicles
  • Languages: Common, Celestial, Elven
  • Weapons: All Simple, Hand Crossbow, Longsword, Rapier and Shortsword
  • Armors: Light
Features
  • Ship Passage. Michiru can easily secure passage on a ship for herself and her companions.
  • Bardic Inspiration (3d8 per Short or Long Rest). As a Bonus Action, Michiru can grant one of her Inspiration Die to an ally within 60'. The ally can use the Die to improve a single Attack Roll, Ability Check or Saving Throw within 1 minute.
  • Jack of All Trades. Michiru adds half of her Proficiency Bonus to all Ability Checks she's not proficient with.
  • Song of Rest. During a Short Rest, Michiru can perform a song, all those who spend Hit Dice to regain Hit Point recover an extra 1d6 hp.
  • Cutting Words. When an opponent within 60' make an Attack Roll, Damage Roll or Ability Check, Michiru can use her Reaction and spend an Inspiration Die. Subtract the result of the Inspiration Die from the original roll.
  • Feat: Prodigy. Michuru gains extra proficiencies.
Combat:

Initiative: +3; Armor Class: 15 (studded leather armor); Speed: 30'
Hit Points: 39; Hit Dice: 6d8

Attacks:
  • Dagger (+6 to hit; 1d4+5)
Other Equipment: Violin, Clothes (common + fine), Lucky Charm (hand mirror), Backpack (Bedroll, Mess Kit, Tinderbox, Rations [10 days], Torches [10], Rope [50']), Pouch (10gp), Waterskin

Spells (always prepared)
  • Cantrips: Minor Illusion, Thunderclap, Vicious Mockery
  • 1st Level: Chromatic Orb, Feather Fall, Heroism, Thunderwave
  • 2nd Level: Blindness/Deafness, Enhance Ability, Shatter, Warding Wind
  • 3rd Level:Dispel Magic, Fear, Wall of Water
The Story So Far.
The Western border of Celestia brushed the vast inner sea of Poseidonia. This large land-locked sea contains many small islands and pours down into the Ceres River that flows down toward the Bay of Tranquility. All the denizens of this region are by necessity sailors, even the Marquises of Poseidonia learn the trade in their youth.
The heir apparent of the current Marquise, Lady Michiru is considered a true prodigy: always elegant, calm, poised, a supremely talented musician and apparently able to conquer almost any challenge with ease. Yet, for all her qualities, Michiru was a deeply troubled lady. She had recurring nightmares about a great danger lurking beyond the edges of the Silver Moon Kingdom and, time and again, she asked her relatives to help her uncover the truth. While her parents indulged her from time to time, nothing ever came of it. As time went by, Michiru's nightmares grew even worse, up to the point that she was sent to the capital to be examined by the royal physician and the court wizard. This journey accomplished nothing, but made her quite the sensation at court. Few among the aristocrats of the Inner Kingdom expected a lady of such beauty and talent to come from the Outer Marches.
It was on the return trip that Michiru's life took a turn for the better. On a mountain pass, the caravan was ambushed by bandits and a lone dame-knight came to their rescue. Both Michiru and Haruka were almost instantly smitten by each other, but it took the rest of the trip before they were willing to admit it. They have been seeing each other ever since in secret but, lately, someone started to spread rumors about them.

:arrow: Michiru Kaiou (Sailor Neptune) was a pretty easy fit in terms of class and background, Collge of Lore Bards are pretty much Bards with turbo-charged spell selection, which was exactly what I needed to fit most of her abilities.

:arrow: While the skill selection is far from perfect, the Jack of All Trades actually fit her better than I thought, providing a mechanical justification to her constant cold demeanor: she simply is good at everything.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Interesting- is that College of Bards thing like a Prestige Class? I never quite got the full understanding of their class in D&D.

Michiru was such a strange, unique character on Sailor Moon, but her cool disposition and generally unflappable nature easily made her one of the most "bland" characters. She never really got involved in any kind of messes, and is more of a "stern lecturer" than the angry Uranus during Sailor Moon S. The most interesting part about her is her relationship with Uranus- it gives her an "edge" to be with someone so pushy, masculine and dangerous.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:41 am Interesting- is that College of Bards thing like a Prestige Class? I never quite got the full understanding of their class in D&D.
Something like it. In 5th Edtion all classes must choose a specialization (called School for wizards, Collge for Bards, Domain for Clerics etc.), which provides a series of features that are slightly different from the standard class.
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:41 am Michiru was such a strange, unique character on Sailor Moon, but her cool disposition and generally unflappable nature easily made her one of the most "bland" characters. She never really got involved in any kind of messes, and is more of a "stern lecturer" than the angry Uranus during Sailor Moon S. The most interesting part about her is her relationship with Uranus- it gives her an "edge" to be with someone so pushy, masculine and dangerous.
I remember discussing this very point with some RL friends many years ago and one of them said that in her mind Haruka and Michiru were a very bad attempt at showcasing a lesbian couple because of how extreme their personality are. Haruka is stereotypically masculine in everything but biology, whereas Michiru is pretty much every stereotypical feminine trait cranked up to eleven. I have to agree with that. Michiru check almost every positive "female-only" trope I can think of.

Woodclaw

#8 Setsuna, the Witch of Time

Post by Woodclaw »

Setsuna, the Witch of Time

Race: Human (variant rules); Background: Hermit; Class: Warlock 10th (Masters of Time Patron [use the Raven Queen rules])

Alignment. Neutral
Personality.
Setsuna often appears mysterious and aloof, because her vows prevent her from speaking clearly.
Despite being forced to live in seclusion, Setusna is actually very kind and caring.

Ideals.
Protection: Setsuna considers her duty to shield the entire realm from whatever lurks beyond the Gates.
Bonds.
Setsuna is bound to her duty to guard the Gates of Time.
Flaws.
Because of her role as Guardian of Time, Setsuna is often forced not to take action, despite her better judgment.

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +0 (10), INT: +2 (15), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +3 (16)

Proficiency Bonus: +4
  • Saving Throws: Wisdom +6, Charisma +7
  • Skills: Arcana +6, History +6, Intimidation +7, Medicine +6, Religion +6
  • Tools: Herbalism Kit
  • Languages: Common, Primordial, Sylvan
  • Weapons: All Simple
  • Armors: Light
Features
  • Discovery. During her seclusion, Setsuna understood a great mystery about the nature of time and space.
  • Eldritch Invocations.
    • Armor of Shadows. Setsuna can cast Magic Armor upon herself without spending Spell Slots.
    • Devil Sight. Setsuna can see perfectly in normal and magical darkness up to 120'.
    • Aspect of the Moon Setsuna doesn't need to sleep anymore and can't be put to sleep by magical means. She can get the benefits of a Long Rest by engaging in some light activities.
    • Whispers of the Grave. Setsuna can cast Speak with Dead at will without spending Spell Slots.
    • Book of Ancient Secrets. Setsuna can scribe Rituals in her arcane tome.
  • Pact of the Tome. Setsuna received a tome of arcane lore from her patron, which took the form of the sphere on her Garnet Rod. As long as she has it on her, she gains access to some extra Cantrips (marked with *).
  • Sentinel Spirit. The Masters of Time gave Setsuna a guardian spirit that took the shape of a bird. Setsuna can command it telepathically and see through its eyes, as long as they are within 300'. When the spirit is perched on her shoulder, Setsuna gains Darkvision and adds her Charisma Modifier to her Perception checks and passive score.
  • Spirit Soul. When in physical contact with her Spirit Guardian, Setsuna can merge with it. While merged she gains all the benefits of having it perched on her shoulder, but she can't Attack or cast spells.
  • Shield of Time. Setsuna has Advantage on Death Saving Throws, is immune to be Frightened and has Resistance to Necrotic Damage.
  • Feat: Alert. Setsuna can never be surprised as long as she is conscious. Also, her opponent doesn't get Advantage on attack rolls against her while they are hidden.
Combat:

Initiative: +7; Armor Class: 15 (Mage Armor); Speed: 30'
Hit Points: 53; Hit Dice: 10d8

Attacks:
  • Garnet Staff (+4 to hit; 1d6/1d8)
  • Dagger (+6 to hit; 1d4+2)
  • Staff with Shillelagh (+7 to hit; 1d8+3)
Other Equipment:

Spells (alwasy prepared)
  • Cantrips: Blade Ward, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Shillelagh*, Spare the Dying*, Thaumaturgy*, Toll the Dead
  • 1st Level: Armor of Agartys, Hex, Sanctuary
  • 2nd Level: Darkness, Silence
  • 3rd Level: Counterspell, Remove Curse
  • 4th Level: Dimension Door, Locate Creature
  • 5th Level: Commune, Contact Other Plane
  • Rituals: Comprehend Languages, Illusory Script
The Story So Far.
The Belt is a narrow mountain range that separates the Inner Kingdom and the Outer Marches, the Windsong Forest is the most well-known route across it. While all the inhabitants of the Kingdom know by heart the silhouettes of the four major peaks (Ceres, Vesta, Pallas and Igea), these look like mere rolling hills compared to Mount Adeia, the Witch's Mountain. Located at the further end of the Belt, Mount Adeia is unnaturally tall and its cliffs are dark, unforgiving and foreboding, yet the mountain is inhabited. Since time immemorial this has been the abode of a lone woman of great power: the Witch of Time.
The rumors regarding her are as varied as those who spread them. Most people assume that every generation a new woman took over the duties of Witch and continue the line -- the exact nature of these duties is just as mysterious -- some even went so far as saying that she is actually a scion of the Royal House. Others point out how every description and representation of the Witch match and claim that she's not, in fact, human, but either a deity, a demon or something else entirely. The truth is somewhere in the middle, the current Witch of Time, Setsuna, has held her office for longer than any of her predecessor, yet she remains mostly human. How did she survive so long is something that even Setsuna herself isn't comfortable with, but it has something to do with her pact with the Masters of Time.
Although her loyalties are somewhat blurred, being both a powerful player in the Silver Moon Kingdom and the Guardian of Time, the Queen seems to have the utmost faith in her and gave her privileges equal to those of the most powerful aristocrats of the realm.

:arrow: Setsuna Meioh (Sailor Pluto) was a handful. While the general concept of the character was pretty clear in my mind the details were all over the place. Her main themes are darkness and time control. The first is pretty easy to do in D&D, the second border the impossible. As a result, this build went through at least 3 versions before settling for a Warlock.

:arrow: The Warlock is something really hard to understand, it's an arcane spellcaster that has almost no slots, but a bunch of automatic powers (called Invocations) that provide permanent bonuses. I think that the final result suits the character thematically.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Love your Fifth Ed. Stuff.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:27 pm Love your Fifth Ed. Stuff.
Thanks you very much :D

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Statting up Pluto is always a mess. “Time Stop” is not an easy, practical power to build. Her lack of focus in the franchise doesn’t help- only once is she shown on a computer and using technical know-how.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:24 pm Statting up Pluto is always a mess. “Time Stop” is not an easy, practical power to build. Her lack of focus in the franchise doesn’t help- only once is she shown on a computer and using technical know-how.
Unfortunately Saturn is pretty much more of the same. Both characters have one overkill single-shot ability that it really doesn't work all that well in any system.

Woodclaw

#9 D&D Classics: Grisla Nic Leni - Dwarven Soldier

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Pedro "Kenshike" Lourenço

Sergeant Grisla Nic Leni, Retired

Race: Mountain Dwarf; Background: Soldier (Infantry NCO); Class: Fighter 3rd (Battlemaster)

Alignment. Lawful Good
Personality.
Grisla is haunted by memories of the war and can't get those images of violence out of her mind.
Grisla has a very crude and base sense of humor.

Ideals.
Duty: Grisla always strives to do what's necessary and obey authority.
Bonds.
Grisla considers her honor more important than her life.
Flaws.
Grisla has little respect for those who haven't proved themselves as warriors.

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +3 (16), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +1 (13)

Proficiency Bonus: +2
  • Saving Throws: Strength +5, Constitution +5
  • Skills: Athletics +5, History +3, Intimidation +3, Perception +2
  • Tools: Cartographer Tools, Smith Tools, Dice, Land Vehicles
  • Languages: Common, Dwarvish
  • Weapons: All Simple and Martial
  • Armors: Light, Medium, Heavy and Shields
Features
  • Military Rank. Grisla still retains her old rank and can pull rank on her former subordinates. She can temporarily requisition simple equipment or beats of burden or saddle or gain access to forts and encampments.
  • Darkvision. 30'
  • Dwarven Resilience Grisla has resistance to poison damage and Advantage to saving throws against poison.
  • Stonecunning Grisla doubles her Proficiency Bonus on History checks related to stonework.
  • Great Weapon Fighting Style. Grisla can re-roll all the 1 and 2 on damage die when wielding a two-handed weapon. She must use the new results.
  • Second Wind (Bonus Action; once per Short Rest). Grisla can use her bonus action to regain 1d10+3 hp.
  • Action Surge (once per Short Rest). On her turn, Grisla can take a second Action on top of her regular one.
  • Combat Superiority (4d8 per Short Rest). Grisla has a pool of Superiority Dices that can use to fuel the following maneuvers. The DC to, eventually, resist these effects is 13.
    • Commander Strike. When using the Attack action, Grisla can forgo one of her attacks and use a Bonus Action to direct an ally to attack in her stead. The ally adds the Superiority Dice to his/her damage.
    • Lunging Attack. Grisla can increase the reach of a melee attack by 5', adding the Superiority Dice to her damage.
    • Rally. On her turn, Grisla can use a Bonus Action to bolster the resolve of her companions. One ally that can see and hear her gains 1d8+1 temporary hp.
Combat:

Initiative: +0; Armor Class: 16 (coat of mail); Speed: 25'
Hit Points: 31; Hit Dice: 3d10

Attacks:
  • Polehammer (+5 to hit; 1d10+3; Reach 10')
  • Throwing Axe (+5 to hit; 1d6+3; Thrown [20'/60'])
Other Equipment: Rank insigna, Clothes (common), Memento of old battles (a metric crapton of scars), Backpack (Bedroll, Mess Kit, Tinderbox, Rations [10 days], Torches [10], Rope [50']), Pouch (10 gp), Waterskin
Trinket: A silver skull the size of a coin

The Story So Far...
Sergeant Grisla Nic Leni is a veteran of the Mine Wars, a hardened soldier with many battles under her belt... way too many for comfort. Like all the dwarves from the Fang Mountains, she was drafted in the militia at 27, but opposite to many others she elected to remain after the customary 6 months tour of duty.
Over the next 4 years, she fought her way up the ranks and through the enemy forces, until the fateful day when she lost almost her entire unit in an ambush. She was able to survive by the skin of her teeth, carrying two of her comrades back to the battlements on her own. After a brief investigation, she was honorably discharged but, rather than staying and becoming a drill instructor, she decided to retire to a monastery dedicated to Gods of the First Light.
All in all, this retirement was very short lived and Grisla was forced to take up arms once again to escort one of the monastery sisters in a journey across the Free City States.

:arrow: Grisla was my first D&D 5th character during the Next beta and I just fell in love with entire concept of the Battlemaster archetype, it was exactly how I always envisioned a D&D fighter and now previous edition had been able to deliver.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.