Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
scc

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Thor, Iron Man, Spider-Man)

Post by scc »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:57 am So... For those of you playing along at home, I've mashed up DC, Marvel, The Sandman Stargate SG-1, H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Rice Burroughs, and Doctor Who into one shared universe.
That is a really impressive mash-up.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:57 am So... For those of you playing along at home, I've mashed up DC, Marvel, The Sandman Stargate SG-1, H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Rice Burroughs, and Doctor Who into one shared universe.
I'm ok with this. But does this mean that the ancient city R'lyeh is present in your universe? And if so how close to Atlantis is it?
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I like the cut of that Dell Rusk fellow's jib. He's clearly much more qualified and less dishonest than either of the people he defeated :).

I am shattered by the idea of a universe without MILFy Sue Storm still around, defending it :(.

Haha, so Detroit is Bludhaven, more or less? I wonder which city should be more insulted!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

L-Space wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:42 pm I'm ok with this. But does this mean that the ancient city R'lyeh is present in your universe? And if so how close to Atlantis is it?
That would be telling! ;) But bear in mind that it is the New Gods that form the basis for every pantheon in this universe. So Darkseid is the ultimate force of evil behind the mythos. Remember that even the canonical Lovecraft stories, Cthulhu was not one of the elder gods "merely" the High Priest of the Great Old Ones.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Fin Fang F'oom R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. Ia! Ia! F'oom fhtagn!
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:17 pm I like the cut of that Dell Rusk fellow's jib. He's clearly much more qualified and less dishonest than either of the people he defeated :).
I love politics and political conflict as a source for storytelling. Politically connected functionaries are a great source of low-level antagonism towards superhero teams (Henry Gyrich, Amanda Waller, Valerie Cooper), corrupt politicians are great bad guys for street-level heroes (Mayor Cobblepot), and who doesn't love a super-villain in the White House story?

But for obvious reasons, I didn't want to make Lex Luthor a Republican or Dell Rusk a Democrat. So I've invented a third-party for them.
Haha, so Detroit is Bludhaven, more or less? I wonder which city should be more insulted!
Within a few hours drive of Chicago (my Gotham replacement), with similar but distinct troubles, and not quite important enough to warrant the presence of an A-List hero. Plus, the Detroit skyline is prefect for Nightwing's acrobatic style and the spreadout nature of Metro-Detroit gives him ample use for his motorcycle.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

It's actually the Fantastic Five, but everyone calls them...

Post by Batgirl III »

THE FANTASTIC FOUR
Earth-III Superhero Team

Current Roster
  • Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic)
  • Benjamin Grimm (The Thing)
  • Valeria Richards (Invisible Girl II)
  • Franklin Richards (Human Torch III)
  • Kara Zor-L (Supergirl)

Reserve and Honorary Members
  • Johnathan Storm (Human Torch II)
  • Irma Ardeen-Storm (Saturn Girl)
  • Alicia Masters
  • Samantha Carter
  • Daniel Jackson
  • Sarah-Jane Smith
The orignal Fantastic Four were a group of four core friends who gained superpowers after exposure to a cosmic radiation wave (originating in the exploding planet Krypton) during a scientific space mission. The team consisted of Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), a scientific genius and leader of the group who can stretch his body into incredible lengths and shapes. The Invisible Woman (Susan Storm), Reed's late-wife and the team's former second-in-command; she could render herself invisible and project powerful force fields. The second Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Sue's younger brother, who can surround himself with flames, generate them as well, and fly much like the android hero of the Second World War who inspired his name. The final member is The Thing (Ben Grimm), their grumpy but benevolent friend, who possesses superhuman strength and endurance. His skin is monstrous, craggy, orange, and looks as if made of scales or plates (often mistakenly referred to as "rocks"). He is known for his great courage and fighting skill in addition to his strength.

The group is one of the oldest and most respected teams of superheroes in Earth's history. Following their creation and public debut in 1963, the Fantastic Four became celebrities. Early in their adventuring career, they first encountered Victor von Doom, better known to the world the sorcerer-scientist Doctor Doom, a would-be world conquerer who developed a personal vendetta against Fantastic Four leader Reed Richards and became the team's most infamous archnemesis.

The team has encountered, battled and befreinded numerous alien races, including the Skrulls and the Shi'ar; Sue Storm discovered the lost city of Atlantis and had a tempestuous romance with its prince, Aquaman; Johnny Storm found the long lost Captain America, held forzen in suspened animation and returned to the living by Dr. Richards; Franklin and Valeria's adventures in an alternate universe led to Supergirl joining the family. They've matched wits with Magneto, Daleks, Deep Ones, Mole-Men, Goa'uld, Sinestro, the Red Ghost and his Super-Apes, Gorilla Grodd, the Mad Thinker, and the Toy-Man... and many, many, many more!

The team of adventurers has used its members' fantastic abilities to protect humanity, the Earth and the universe from various threats. Propelled mainly by Reed's insatiable scientific curiosity, the team has explored space, the Anti-Matter Universe and the Microverse plus numerous other dimensions, they've travelled in time, they've trekked across the stars, and visited nearly every hidden valley, secret city, and lost civilization on the planet.

Away from the headlines and behind closed doors, the Fantastic Four have are really a somewhat dysfunctional yet deeply loving family. Like any family, they will sometimes squabble and hold grudges both deep and petty, and eschew anonymity or secret identities in favor of celebrity status. Reed Richards and Sue Storm were married not too long after they became famous, in 1969. They had two children before Sue's death in 2001. Their eldest son, Franklin Richards inheirted his uncle's flame abilties becoming a human torch just like Johnny. Valeria, their youngest, has inheirted her mothers invisibilty and force-feild creation. As time went on the Fantastic Four eventually became the Fantastic Five... Then seven. Then eight. Then five again. At Grimm's insistence, they have stopped changing the name.

The Fantastic Five, unlike most superhero teams, is truly a family. Three of the five current members are blood relatives, with Kara Richards (Supergirl) being married into the family and with Ben Grimm (The Thing) being a longtime friend and Reed Richards' college roommate; Grimm is also the godfather of Reed and Sue's son, Franklin Benjamin Richards, whose middle name honors Grimm. Although not related, Grimm is the family's beloved "Dutch Uncle," and his relationship with Mr. Fantastic and the Human Torch is sibling-like. Johnny Storm's girlfreind, Imra of Titan, and the Thing's wife, Alicia Masters, are fixtures at their New York headquarters and have often gotten involved in their adventures.

The Fantastic Four had offical retired from super-heroics in 1983, of course they frequently were called back into action by many circumstances, and they never ceased in the exploration of the many scietific mysteries that intrigued Dr. Richards... and they never hesitated to use their abilties to help those in need. This selflessness took its toll on the group, but no one ever paid as dear a price as Susan Storm.

On September 11, 2001, a small band of Islamic Terrorists flew jet airliners into the twin towers of World Trade Center, and a short time latter also attacked the Pentagon in the same manner. This was an unpredcedented terrorist attack, unlike any America had seen before. The only member of the family in New York City that day was Sue Storm, who alongside so many of New York's finest policemen and firemen ran into the building seeking to evacuate as many as she could. She saved dozens of people before the building collapsed, and trapped in the rubble with a half-dozen more held a forcefield errect for seventy-two hours before rescue workers were able to dig them out. The effort cost Sue Storm her life, and she is still mourned by the nation and the world.

(Indeed, Sue Storm's sacrifice was the catalyst for Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Batman to form the Justice League of America. With permission from Reed, she has been listed posthumously as the official first member of the League.)

In 2005 the attack by mutant terrorist Magneto on the U.S.A.'s nucelar arsenal at Colorado Air Force Base was enough of a threat that President Luthor was able to presuade the Fantastic Five to assist in locating the suspected hidden mutant fortress in the Artic. They failed to find Magneto, instead finding the frozen form of Captain America.

The original Fantastic Four are now slowly passing the mantle to the second generation. Reed Richards still leads the team, but increasingly spends more and more of his time engaged in purely theoretical research. Johnny Storm has married his longtime girlfreind, Imra Ardeen (Saturn Girl), and the two have settled on Saturn's moon Titan to raise their newborn son. Taking over in the role of Human Torch is Franklin Richards. His sister, Valeria has stepped into her mother's shoes as the new Invisible Girl. Franklin's wife, Kara Zor-L often joins in their adventures as Supergirl. The ever-loving blue eyed Thing continues to do what he does best...
Psistrike

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (The Fantastic Four)

Post by Psistrike »

Love the Earth-3 stuff, Batgirl III. Loved it when you first posted most of it as Earth-IV over on the old Atomic Think Tank. Though I have to ask and beg, please say Dell Rusk isn't like his counterpart in Marvel: Avengers Assemble and isn't actually a well known supervillain in disguise. Please say he isn't. For those who don't know, take the letters of his name and rearrange them, it is an anagram.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

He could be just a red herring... :twisted:
Batgirl III

Invisible Girl II

Post by Batgirl III »

INVISIBLE GIRL
Earth-III Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP )

Invisible Girl wrote:In layman's terms, this phenonoma appears to be a localized, non-corrosive amalgamation of asynchronous space which is independently occurring within a restricted condition mode... Or, to be technical: a real revoltin' development.
ABILITIES
Strength 0 Stamina 4 Agility 2 Dexterity 2 Fighting 4 Intellect 8 Awareness 3 Presence 2

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Chemistry] 12 (+20), Expertise [History] 4 (+14), Expertise [Science] 10 (+18), Expertise [Pop Culture] 2 (+12), Investigation 2 (+12), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat [Force Field Manipulation] 6 (+8), Technology 10 (+18)

ADVANTAGES
Beginner's Luck, Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Improved Defense, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Teamwork

POWERS
Invisibility Manipulation Array ( 10 PP Total )
Invisibility Concealment 4 (All Visual; E: Precise [1]) [ 9 PP ]
AE: Invisibility Field Concealment 2 (Normal Vision; E: Area [Burst, 30'], Attack, Selective; F: Increased Action [Move])) [ 1 PP ]

Force Field Manipulation Array ( 29 PP Total )
Force Field Protection 8 (E: Dynamic, Impervious [12] Subtle [2], Sustained) [ 23 PP ]
DAE: Force Blast Damage 10 (E:Ranged, Subtle [2]) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Force Constructs Create 10 (E:Impervious, Movable, Subtle [2]; F:Feedback, Proportional) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Force Screening Immunity 6 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Pressure, Radiation; Suffocation [2]; E:Affects Others, Area [Shapeable], Subtle [2], Sustained) [ 2 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 6
Parry: (8) Base 4
Fortitude: (8) Base 4
Toughness: (12/4) ——
Will: (10) Base 7

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 0 Total: 10 (Unarmed)
Attack: 8 Effect: 10 Total: 18 (Force Blast)
Dodge: 8 Tough.: 12/4 Total: 20/12
Parry: 8 Tough.: 12/4 Total: 20/12
Fort.: 10 Will: 10 Total: 20

ABILITIES [ 50 pp ] + SKILLS [ 33 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 7 pp ] + POWERS [ 39 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 21 pp ] =
152 PP TOTAL

Education: Homeschooled
Date of Birth: Age 32
Base of Operations: New York City, NY
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Religion: Atheist
Relationships: Franklin Richards (brother); Susan Richards (mother, deceased); Reed Richards (father)
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Background
Valeria is the second child of the famous superheroes, Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman. She has inherited her father's genius and her mothers ability to bend light and create forcefields. She's not quiet the scientist her father is... which means she is perhaps merely among the top two dozen or so intellects on the planet. Val takes after her father in personality and interests, although as a child she spent an awful lot of time with "Uncle Benji" and incorporates much of his Yancy Street vernacular into her speech patterns.

Although most of her extended family have found love, Val remains resolutely and stubbornly single. She had a few years of flirtatious affection with Spider-Man early in his career, after the wall-crawler came to her father for assistance dealing with Killer Croc. But despite their shared love of science (and punching bad guys) it was clear that Spidey's heart belonged to someone else.(Also as a pre-teen, she had a crush on Tony Stark that Franklin never ceases to tease her about.)

Val is probably the poorest fighter of the five active members of the Fantastic Four. "Uncle Benji" has tutored her in the finer points of the haymaker and the sucker punch, but she lacks her brother's hot-blooded aggression, her uncle's fighting spirit, and her father's years of pragmatic experience... and her sister-in-law's ability to crush titanium with one hand. However, Val does have nigh invulnerable force fields and the ability to remain totally unseen. Combined with her natural patience and keen analytical mind, she usually adopts as defensive posture and waits for her opponents to exhaust themselves or leave an opening she can exploit...

...or maybe she'll just drop a Buick on youse schmucks when it's Clobberin' Time.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Fun character in Invisible Woman II. Intellect similar to her father, powers of her mother, and some of the personality traits and vernacular of the Thing. Though the Invisibility Field AE has Flight 9 listed with stuff from Concealment, guessing an editing error. :oops:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Psistrike wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:28 am Fun character in Invisible Woman II. Intellect similar to her father, powers of her mother, and some of the personality traits and vernacular of the Thing. Though the Invisibility Field AE has Flight 9 listed with stuff from Concealment, guessing an editing error. :oops:
Oops! Good catch, that should just be Concealment.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:02 am He could be just a red herring... :twisted:
I know this is supposed to mean something, but I just can't wrap my skull around it.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:38 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:02 am He could be just a red herring... :twisted:
I know this is supposed to mean something, but I just can't wrap my skull around it.
You should be all red in the face :oops: for missing the reference :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Batgirl, you're at the top of my list of Coast Guard experts. Could I pick your brain on the subject? I have a character that I'd like to do if not correctly at least less offensively.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.