Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Ernst Stavro Blofeld)

Post by Batgirl III »

AKI
James Bond Character
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP )

'You Only Live Twice' (1967) wrote:I think I will enjoy very much serving under you.
ABILITIES
Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+13), Expertise [Counterintelligence] 4 (+6), Expertise [Ninja] 3 (+5), Deception 6 (+8), Insight 3 (+5), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 9 (+12), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 4 (+7), Technology 3 (+5), Slight of Hand 3 (+6), Stealth 7 (+10), Vehicles 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Attractive (2), Close Attack (3), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (5), Equipment (6), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Well-Informed

POWERS
Martial Artist Damage 2 (Strength-based) [ 2 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 30 EP )
MBA Gyrojet Mk1 ModB (13 mm) Pistol Damage 4 (E: Extended Range [1], Ranged) [ 9 EP ]
AE: Shuriken Damage 1 (E: Multiattack, Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
Toyota 2000GT wrote: Image
Toyota 2000GT Open-Top
Equipment Rank 4 ( 20 EP )

VEHICLE TRAITS
Size: Large [ 1 EP ]
Strength: 6 [ 2 EP ]
Speed: 6 (120 MPH) [ 6 EP ]
Defense: 8 [ 9 EP ]
Toughness: 8 [ 1 EP ]

VEHICLE POWERS
Vehicle Features 2 (Communications) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 7
Parry: (8) Base 2
Fortitude: (4) Base 3
Toughness: (1/6) ——
Will: (8) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack: 13 Effect: 3 Total: 16 (Unarmed)
Attack: 12 Effect: 4 Total: 16 (Gyrojet Pistol)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 1/6 Total: 11/16
Parry: 8 Tough: 1/6 Total: 9/14
Fort: 4 Will: 8 Total: 12

ABILITIES [ 40 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 37 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 23 pp ] +
POWERS [ 2 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 18 pp ] =
120 PP TOTAL

Education: Unknown
Date of Birth: Unknown
Base of Operations: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 5'4" (1.63 m)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Religion: Unknown
Relationships: Unknown
Legal Status: Citizen of Japan with no criminal record.

Background:
Aki is a fictional agent of the Japanese Secret Service who appeared in the 1967 James Bond film You Only Live Twice, portrayed by actress Akiko Wakabayashi.

Aki is first seen when 007 meets her at a sumo wrestling show. Bond is there to meet a contact who will take him to Mr. Henderson, M's recommended contact in Japan. He confirms that Aki is his contact by saying the code words "I love you" to her. Aki takes Bond to meet Henderson in her Toyota 2000GT. After Henderson is killed during their meeting, Bond attacks and kills one of Henderson's killers. Taking the man's place, he is driven to the Osato Chemical Works HQ, where he is discovered by the villains. Aki rescues him, using her skills as a driver, then takes him to meet her boss, Tiger Tanaka. It is after this that a bikini-clad Aki invites Bond to spend the night with her, famously saying "I think I will enjoy very much serving under you", before Bond carries her to bed.

At Tanaka's house, the shapely and scantily-dressed Aki unnoticeably swaps with Bond's masseuse and gives him a kiss. As he carries her away she remarks that nobody will disturb them tonight and that she "will enjoy serving under him".

The next morning, Bond returns to the Osato Chemical Works and meets Blofeld's henchman Mr. Osato. Leaving after the meeting, he is pursued by SPECTRE gunmen, from whom Aki rescues him again. The gunmen chase Aki's car and she leads them out into the countryside, where a SIS helicopter lifts the gunmen's car off the road with a giant magnet and drops it into the sea. She then takes him to a quayside to investigate a ship he suspects is being used by the villains. When investigating the ship Bond and Aki are attacked by SPECTRE henchmen. Bond tells her to leave and report to Tanaka; Aki refuses to leave Bond at first, but eventually complies.

Aki next appears after Bond is captured and almost killed by Helga Brandt, when she meets with him back at Tanaka's headquarters, when Bond is about to go on another mission that she cannot accompany him on. By the time Bond returned to the base in Kyoto, Aki was already fully briefed on the plan to disrupt SPECTRE's plot and she too would be part of Tanaka's ninja force, although (much to her disappointment) she could not play the part of Bond's "wife" in the cover operation, she did however help with Bonds ninja training and in his process of "becoming Japanese".

Shortly after Bond's arrival at the ninja academy, an assassin stealthily enters the bedroom where Bond and Aki are sleeping together and lowers a thin cord to Bond's mouth, intending to poison him. At the last moment, Bond turns in his sleep and Aki moves to his position and the poison falls on her lips which she inadvertently swallows. The poison acts quickly, causing Aki great pain; after a few agonized seconds of gasping for breath, she dies.

The original name of the character was Suki. It was changed out of gratitude to actress Akiko Wakabayashi, who had originally been cast as the film's other Bond girl, Kissy Suzuki. It was discovered that Mie Hama, who had originally been cast in the Suki/Aki role spoke poor English and the producers were concerned that she would not be able to cope with the part. They were, however, fearful that if they fired her, she would consider that by being fired she had brought shame on her family, and might commit suicide.

As a result, they built up the role of Suki/Aki, decreased the number of lines Kissy had and asked Wakabayashi if she would agree to switch parts. She agreed, and they renamed the character to thank her. In the finished film, Kissy plays a far smaller part than Aki (and is actually billed after her in the credits), even though she is generally regarded as being the lead Bond girl.

Certainly, Bond builds far more of a relationship with Aki, and may possibly be falling in love with her, as evinced by a scene where Tanaka tells him that when he goes undercover as a Japanese fisherman, the role will require him to have a "wife." Bond immediately looks to Aki, and her pleased reaction clearly shows that the idea appeals to both of them (although Tanaka vetoes it, as the "wife" - Kissy - needs to be an operative who is a native of the region Bond is staking out).

Indeed, Aki is among the more pro-active female characters from the 1960s Bond films, and her character has some similarities to that of Tracy Bond, who Bond would marry for real in the series' next film On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Both are depicted as intelligent women who can take care of themselves, both save Bond from the villains during the course of the story, and both are excellent drivers, taking the wheel during the films' respective main car chases.

Interesting bit of trivia, Akiko Wakabayashi appeared in King Kong vs. Godzilla with Kissy Suzuki's actress, Mie Hama; Wakabayashi also appeared in Dogora , Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster, and the original Ultraman TV series!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Aki)

Post by MacynSnow »

It's sad what happened to Aki,IMHO,as she would've made a nice wife for James.So sad....
Batgirl III

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Aki)

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:00 pm It's sad what happened to Aki,IMHO,as she would've made a nice wife for James.So sad....
It's kind of ironic that you should post that, considering who I have next on my list...
Batgirl III

Mrs. Peel! (I mean, Mrs. Bond.)

Post by Batgirl III »

TRACY BOND
James Bond Character
Power Level 3 ( 60 PP )

'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' (1969) wrote:Tracy: Why do you persist in rescuing me, Mr. Bond?

James Bond: It's becoming quite a habit, isn't it, Contessa Teresa?

Tracy: Teresa was a saint; I'm known as Tracy.
ABILITIES
Strength 0
Stamina 1
Agility 1
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 3

SKILLS
Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+4), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise [Gambling] 3 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+6), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+4), Stealth 4 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Attractive (1), Benefit [Status (1), Wealthy (3)], Connected, Contacts, Well-Informed

DEFENSE
Dodge (3) Base 2
Parry: (3) Base 1
Fortitude: (3) Base 2
Toughness: (1) ——
Will: (3) Base 1

WORKSHEET
Attack: 4 Effect: 0 Total: 4 (Unarmed)
Dodge: 3 Tough: 1 Total: 4
Parry: 3 Tough: 1 Total: 4
Fort: 3 Will: 3 Total: 6

ABILITIES [ 26 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 20 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 8 pp ] +
POWERS [ 0 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 6 pp ] =
60 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
"We have all the time in the world." Tracy suffers from periodic bouts of depression, which manifests as ennui, extreme risk-taking, and suicidal ideation. She's attempted suicide at least once.

Known Aliases: Teresa di Vicenzo, Teresa Draco
Education: Expensive
Date of Birth: 1943 (Age 26)
Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: 5'9" (1.75 m)
Weight: 119 lbs. (54 kg)
Measurments: 34-25-37 (32B)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Religion: Unknown
Relationships: James Bond (husband), Marc-Ange Draco (father)
Legal Status: Citizen of Italy with no criminal record.

Background:
Tracy Bond (née Teresa Draco) was a character in the 1969 film On Her Majesty's Secret Service, portrayed by English actress Diana Rigg (who'd shot to fame in the UK earlier as Emma Peel on The Avengers, but was still largely unknown in the US at the time). The character first appeared in Ian Fleming's 1963 novel of the same name and is notable for being the only "Bond Girl" to officially marry the super-spy.

Born Teresa Draco in 1943, she is the only child of Marc-Ange Draco, the head of the Union Corse, a powerful Corsican crime syndicate – not quite as large as SPECTRE, but with substantially larger "legal" operations, including Draco Construction. Teresa goes by "Tracy" because she feels "Teresa" does not suit her.

Tracy's mother died in 1955; her father then sent her to a boarding school in Switzerland. Deprived of a stable home life, Tracy joined the "international fast set", committing "one scandal after another"; when Draco cut off her allowance, Tracy committed "a greater folly" out of spite. She later married Italian Count Giulio di Vicenzo who, during their marriage, got hold of a large portion of her money before eventually leaving her; he subsequently died while driving a Maserati. During this marriage, Tracy had a child, who later died. Desperate with grief for her child, Tracy attempted suicide by walking into the sea in Portugal, only to be dragged back out by James Bond.

When her father meets Bond, he pleads with Bond to continue to see her, claiming that their relationship had changed her for the better. Draco wanted a husband for her that would "dominate" her and quell her rebellious attitude. Bond initially refuses, but he changes his mind when Draco offers his resources for anything Bond desires. Using Draco's resources, Bond is able to track SPECTRE leader Ernst Stavro Blofeld to the Swiss Alps. In return, Bond continues to see Tracy and eventually falls in love with her.

While hiding from Blofeld's men at the village of Mürren, Bond finds Tracy and they escape from Irma Bunt and her men Braun and Felsen. A blizzard forces them to a remote barn, where Bond professes his love to Tracy and proposes marriage to her, which she accepts. The next morning, Blofeld attempts to kill Bond by causing an avalanche and captures Tracy. Refused aid from M, Bond then enlists Draco and his forces to attack Blofeld's headquarters, while also rescuing Tracy from Blofeld's captivity.

Tragedy later strikes on their wedding day, however, when Blofeld drives past and Bunt shoots at Bond and Tracy in a drive-by shooting. Tracy is shot through the head and killed. A police officer finds Bond's car, prompting a tearful Bond to mutter that there is no need to rush calling for help by saying, "We have all the time in the world", as he cradles Tracy's lifeless body.
MacynSnow

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Tracy Bond)

Post by MacynSnow »

The late Ms.(or is it Mrs.?I'm never good with these)Bond and Aki were the only 2 Bond girls in history to come closest to settling James down.It's also a good thing that their both played by 2 of my favorite Actresses.
What's ironic is that both died due to Blofield...
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I've always regarded Vesper Lynd, Tracy Draco, and Miss Moneypenny as the great loves of James Bond's life. Vesper was the one that hurt him early and hardened him, Tracy was the great tragedy that struck when he let that hardness slip, and Miss Moneypenny was the constant reminder of what he could have had if he'd ever lived a "normal" life.

Aki, Pam Bouvier, or Wai Lin could have been a good match for Bond, but I don't think they'd have worked as long-term romantic partners. They're just too much like Bond himself, from what we see of them so briefly in the one film they're each in. (I'm still waiting for that Wai Lin spin-off movie MGM was rumored to have been floating back in the Nineties. C'mon guys, the Chinese box office is bigger than ever...)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:50 am I've always regarded Vesper Lynd, Tracy Draco, and Miss Moneypenny as the great loves of James Bond's life. Vesper was the one that hurt him early and hardened him, Tracy was the great tragedy that struck when he let that hardness slip, and Miss Moneypenny was the constant reminder of what he could have had if he'd ever lived a "normal" life.

Aki, Pam Bouvier, or Wai Lin could have been a good match for Bond, but I don't think they'd have worked as long-term romantic partners. They're just too much like Bond himself, from what we see of them so briefly in the one film they're each in. (I'm still waiting for that Wai Lin spin-off movie MGM was rumored to have been floating back in the Nineties. C'mon guys, the Chinese box office is bigger than ever...)
In my headcannon,i keep seeing James Bond,jr.(which i count as Bond cannon and am willing to draw pistol's over it!) as the Son and not Nephew of James and Moneypenny after JB was made to "retire".They'd be a little old to be first-time parents,but i could see them being loving&dotting on their son.

I personally think it'd be a well-deserved Reward for everything he's had to put up with....
Batgirl III

Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd

Post by Batgirl III »

Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd
James Bond Characters
Power Level 5 ( 75 PP )

Person wrote:(After sealing Bond in a coffin and conveying him into a crematorium's furnace.)

Mr. Wint: Very moving.

Mr. Kidd: Heartwarming, Mr. Wint.

Mr. Wint: A glowing tribute, Mr. Kidd.
ABILITIES
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 5
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 1

SKILLS
Athletics 4 (+5), Close Attack [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+6), Expertise [Tactics] 3 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+6), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Attack 4 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate, Assessment, Chokehold, Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Improvised Weapon (1), Taunt

POWERS
Dirty Fighting Damage 1 (Strength-based) [ 1 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (5) Base 4
Parry: (5) Base 0
Fortitude: (5) Base 3
Toughness: (2/5) ——
Will: (5) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack: 8 Effect: 2 Total: 10 (Dirty Fighting)
Dodge: 5 Tough: 2/5 Total: 7/10
Parry: 5 Tough: 2/5 Total: 7/10
Fort: 5 Will: 5 Total: 10

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 15 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 9 pp ] +
POWERS [ 1 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 10 pp ] =
65 PP TOTAL

Background:
Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd are characters in the James Bond novel and film, Diamonds Are Forever. In the novel, Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd are members of The Spangled Mob. In the film, it is assumed that they are henchmen for Blofeld, though the characters share no scenes with him and are not seen taking instructions from Blofeld. One of their trademarks is trading quips after killing their targets.

Their goal is to kill off every link in a Slumber Brothers mobster diamond-smuggling pipeline running from South Africa to the United States via the Netherlands, and to steal the diamonds from the mobsters so as to divert them to Blofeld, who is using them for a laser satellite. The pair takes a sadistic pleasure in their work — for example, to Mr. Wint's amusement Mr. Kidd photographs the body of the old lady (Mrs. Whistler) they have drowned in the canals of Amsterdam, joking about sending the pictures to the primary-age children to whom she was a school teacher. This is typical of an overtly morbid sense of humour they share, completing each other's sentences as a game and delighting in competing over laboured, blackly humorous puns. Thus an attempt to incinerate James Bond alive in a crematorium is "a glowing tribute" and "heart-warming." They also amuse themselves with the twisted application of proverbs — for example, after blowing up a helicopter in flight Mr. Kidd begins the old quote, "If God had wanted man to fly ..." to which Mr. Wint concludes: "He would have given him wings, Mr. Kidd"; and Mr. Wint saying "If at first you don't succeed, Mr. Kidd", followed by Mr. Kidd's reply, "Try, try again, Mr. Wint."
MacynSnow

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd)

Post by MacynSnow »

As much as i liked Mr.Wint&Mr.Kidd's black humor(i thought the actor's did marvelously well playing off each other),i thought some of their scene's detracted a little from a fairly decent Bond film.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I don't know, I tend to think of Diamonds Are Forever as the first Roger Moore James Bond film, they just forgot to tell the casting department.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
M4C8

Re: Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd

Post by M4C8 »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:14 am Image
Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd
James Bond Characters
Power Level 5 ( 75 PP )

Person wrote:(After sealing Bond in a coffin and conveying him into a crematorium's furnace.)

Mr. Wint: Very moving.

Mr. Kidd: Heartwarming, Mr. Wint.

Mr. Wint: A glowing tribute, Mr. Kidd.
ABILITIES
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 5
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 1

SKILLS
Athletics 4 (+5), Close Attack [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+6), Expertise [Tactics] 3 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+6), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Attack 4 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate, Assessment, Chokehold, Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Improvised Weapon (1), Taunt

POWERS
Dirty Fighting Damage 1 (Strength-based) [ 1 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (5) Base 4
Parry: (5) Base 0
Fortitude: (5) Base 3
Toughness: (2/5) ——
Will: (5) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack: 8 Effect: 2 Total: 10 (Dirty Fighting)
Dodge: 5 Tough: 2/5 Total: 7/10
Parry: 5 Tough: 2/5 Total: 7/10
Fort: 5 Will: 5 Total: 10

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 15 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 9 pp ] +
POWERS [ 1 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 10 pp ] =
65 PP TOTAL

Background:
Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd are characters in the James Bond novel and film, Diamonds Are Forever. In the novel, Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd are members of The Spangled Mob. In the film, it is assumed that they are henchmen for Blofeld, though the characters share no scenes with him and are not seen taking instructions from Blofeld. One of their trademarks is trading quips after killing their targets.

Their goal is to kill off every link in a Slumber Brothers mobster diamond-smuggling pipeline running from South Africa to the United States via the Netherlands, and to steal the diamonds from the mobsters so as to divert them to Blofeld, who is using them for a laser satellite. The pair takes a sadistic pleasure in their work — for example, to Mr. Wint's amusement Mr. Kidd photographs the body of the old lady (Mrs. Whistler) they have drowned in the canals of Amsterdam, joking about sending the pictures to the primary-age children to whom she was a school teacher. This is typical of an overtly morbid sense of humour they share, completing each other's sentences as a game and delighting in competing over laboured, blackly humorous puns. Thus an attempt to incinerate James Bond alive in a crematorium is "a glowing tribute" and "heart-warming." They also amuse themselves with the twisted application of proverbs — for example, after blowing up a helicopter in flight Mr. Kidd begins the old quote, "If God had wanted man to fly ..." to which Mr. Wint concludes: "He would have given him wings, Mr. Kidd"; and Mr. Wint saying "If at first you don't succeed, Mr. Kidd", followed by Mr. Kidd's reply, "Try, try again, Mr. Wint."
In the 2003 TMNT cartoon there was a pair of villains named Mr. Touch and Mr. Go, I now realise the way they spoke to each other must have been based on these two.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ken

Re: Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd

Post by Ken »

M4C8 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:03 pm In the 2003 TMNT cartoon there was a pair of villains named Mr. Touch and Mr. Go, I now realise the way they spoke to each other must have been based on these two.
Bad Touch! Bad Touch!

=================================================================================================

Name the Bond story...

1) Foreign-born British 'hero' plans on using a weapon from space to destroy London. Bond defeats the weapon with the help of the woman who knows the weapon's guidance system.
Moonraker or Golden Eye?

2) Bond, with an assist from some Asian allies, must stop a madman set on starting a war between two major powers.
You Only Live Twice or Tomorrow Never Dies?

3) Bond must stop a corrupt zillionaire from using a nuclear device to increase the value of the vast quantities of a commodity they control.
Goldfinger or The World is Not Enough?

4) Bond's involvemnt with a case of diamond smuggling leads him to a madman who has used the diamonds to power a death-ray satellite.
Diamonds are Forever or Die Another Day?
Last edited by Ken on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Apparently Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd were popular to parody or reference at one point, since Kids Next Door had two guys who talk in pretty much exactly the same way, called Mr. Wink and Mr. Fibb.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I actually had a whole paragraph in my original post (which I deleted at the last minute) ranting about how much I disliked Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd. I specifically said that ‘some Bond villains have had some truly awful henchmen over the years, but Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd are the only ones that I feel actually made the movie they were in worse.’
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 pm I actually had a whole paragraph in my original post (which I deleted at the last minute) ranting about how much I disliked Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd. I specifically said that ‘some Bond villains have had some truly awful henchmen over the years, but Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd are the only ones that I feel actually made the movie they were in worse.’
I can actually agree with that statement for,as much as i like their Black Humor,they made a slightly limping Bond Movie bomb at the box office which almost lead to the cancellation of the whole franchise....