Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (The Human Torch, The Thing)

Post by Spectrum »

I've been curious about where you were going to take Supergirl and the wait definately paid off. Well done!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Most of my Earth-III heroes have pics by Alex Ross, because the man is perfect at capturing that "'realistic superheroes' doesn't mean grim and gritty" aesthetic that I want. However, most of his pics for the FF are from his work on MARVELS. It's a great book, but the FF innit are very, very Sixties. Likewise, Ross's work on Supergirl is very Eighties, since it's mostly of Crisis on Infinite Earths stuff.

Thus, I turned to my second favorite source for superheroes: Project: Rooftop.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:55 pm I've been curious about where you were going to take Supergirl and the wait definately paid off. Well done!
Supergirl, at her core, should be Superman with the fun factor dialed up. So the FF seemed like a natural home for her. Because my setting moves in (mostly) real-time, she isn't the permanent high school freshman that I think DC should make the "real" Supergirl: (Teenage Girl + Teenage Life Drama) x (Superhero Adventure) = Pure Gold.

But I like to imagine that's how her adventures on her original homeworld went.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:32 pm Most of my Earth-III heroes have pics by Alex Ross, because the man is perfect at capturing that "'realistic superheroes' doesn't mean grim and gritty" aesthetic that I want. However, most of his pics for the FF are from his work on MARVELS. It's a great book, but the FF innit are very, very Sixties. Likewise, Ross's work on Supergirl is very Eighties, since it's mostly of Crisis on Infinite Earths stuff.

Thus, I turned to my second favorite source for superheroes: Project: Rooftop.
Ah ok, I've heard of Project: Rooftop before, but haven't really checked it out much. Thinking I'm going to have to change that.
Formerly luketheduke86
Batgirl III

Mr. Fantastic

Post by Batgirl III »

MR. FANTASTIC
Earth-III Character
Power Level 12 ( 150 PP )

Fantastic Four #1 wrote: Man: If you don't mind me saying so, I would suggest reversing the polarity of the neutron flow right about there.
Reed Richards: What? Why would I... [Pause] Ahh... I see it now. Hold on a minute, this is a secret facility! How did you get in here mister—
Man: Doctor. And this should explain [Holds up a small piece of blank paper] everything to your satisfaction. I came to see you launch this thing tomorrow. But mostly I'm here because my, ah, "traveling companion" is a big fan of young Johnny over there.
Reed Richards: What? Why... [Pause] Very good, Doctor. So, how do you think tomorrow's launch will go?
The Doctor: In a word? Fan-TAS-tic.
ABILITIES
Strength 1(2) Stamina 2(3) Agility 2(3) Dexterity 2 Fighting 4 Intellect 12 Aware 5 Presence 2

SKILLS
Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Expertise [Business] 4 (+16), Expertise [Science] 12 (+24), Investigation 3 (+15), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+5), Technology 8 (+20), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Beginner's Luck, Benefit [Wealth (2)], Connected, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (6), Jack-of-All-Trades, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Inventor, Leadership, Set Up, Skill Mastery [Expertise: Science, Technology (2)], Teamwork, Ultimate Effort [Expertise: Science, Technology (2)], Well-Informed

POWERS
Elasticity Elongation 5 (250'); Immunity 2 (Aging, Shapeshifting Effects; F: Limited to Half Effect); Protection 10 (E: Impervious [12]; F: Limited [Impervious Against Physical Only [12]) [ 16 PP ]
Shape-Stretching Variable 1 (6 PP Physical Traits, plus change existing physical trait allocations; E: Action [Move], Feature [+1 PP]) [ 9 PP ]
Default Shape-Stretching Allocation: (+1 Strength, +1 Agility, +1 Stamina no change to existing physical traits.)

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 6
Parry: (8) Base 4
Fortitude: (12) Base 0
Toughness: (12) ——
Will: (10) Base 5

WORKSHEET
Attack: 9 Effect: 1 Total: 10 (Unarmed)
Dodge: 8 Tough.: 12 Total: 20
Parry: 8 Tough.: 12 Total: 20
Fort.: 12 Will: 10 Total: 22

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] + SKILLS [ 24 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 26 pp ] + POWERS [ 25 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 15 pp ] =
225 PP TOTAL

Education: United States Naval Academy, Annapolis
Date of Birth: 1923 (Age 93)
Base of Operations: New York City, NY
Height: Variable
Weight: 180 lbs. (82 kg)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Religion: Atheist
Relationships: Susan Storm-Richards (wife, deceased), Franklin Richards (son), Valeria Richards (daughter), Kara Richards (daughter-in-law), Johnny Storm (brother-in-law), Irma Ardeen (sister-in-law), Unnamed (nephew)
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Background
Reed Richards was only seventeen and already promising graduate student at Empire State University when the Empire of Japan launched their infamous surprise attack on Pearl Harbor. Richards walked away from his university classroom that day and straight into a Navy recruiting office. Richards was talked out of enlisting and instead directed to the Naval Academy. It was at Annapolis, that Midshipman Richards met and began his lifelong friendship with a Marine cadet named Ben Grimm. Upon graduation, Grimm would led a platoon of Marines from one side of the South Pacific to the other, while Reed was sent off to assist the Manhattan Project.

The two reunited after V-J Day, as Reed returned to Empire State University as a doctoral student. When it became obvious that the Soviet Union was going to beat America to space, Reed started to design his own manned rocket... Grimm said that if Reed could build it, then he would fly it.

The rest is history.
L-Space

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Mr. Fantastic)

Post by L-Space »

I love the idea of The Doctor being there for the launch that created the Fantastic Four. Especially since that probably means something went wrong and The Doctor had to try and make sure they still get transformed. :D
Formerly luketheduke86
Thorpocalypse

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Mr. Fantastic)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Love your take on the FF. And I also dig Norm McDonald's Fantastic Four sketch. :)

And I, Reed Richards, can stretch my body like a rubber band. And I will be called...Mister Fantastic!
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Batgirl III

Robin III

Post by Batgirl III »

ROBIN
Earth-III Character
Power Level 8 ( 145 PP )

New Teen Titans #0 wrote: Barbara: I became Batgirl on my own, just as you became the Spoiler. I had my partnership with Dick, you had Tim. We both met the same grim disapproval from you know who.

Stephanie: Yeah, Alfred can be a real sourpuss.

Barbara: Once upon a time, three very different young people made a promise to each other on this very spot, a long time ago. We promised to help each other make the most of the opportunities we'd been given, to help each make sure justice was served... I know you've already made that same choice. This oath isn't about you... it's about me. But the world is different now than it was then. And I'm in this chair as proof. I pledge to you, to all of you, my guidance. Support. For as long as you want it. When you go out at night, you won't be alone.

Stephanie: I've got your backs, too. None of us is alone in this.

Stephanie: [Sullen] I've already got a partner. [After a pause, a small smile twists the corner of her mouth] But it'd be nice to do this with some friends.

Kitty: Oh, you guys are the best— Hey, what's that?

Barbara: Something you've all earned the right to wear. [Barbara is holding a earbud emblazoned with a stylized capital 'T'] Say it with me...

All: TITANS TOGETHER!
ABILITIES
Strength 1 Stamina 2 Agility 5 Dexterity 5 Fighting 6 Intellect 4 Aware 5 Presence 4

SKILLS
Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+13), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise [Criminology] 8 (+12), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+10), Insight 7 (+12), Investigation 12 (+16), Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 6 (+11), Stealth 9 (+14), Sleight of Hand 7 (+12)

ADVANTAGES
Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (4), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (6), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-All-Trades, Second Chance [Solving Riddles and Puzzles], Set-Up

EQUIPMENT ( 30 EP )
Starlight Lenses Senses 1 (Visual: Ultravision [1]) [ 1 EP ]

Utility Belt (Array) [ 16 EP Total ]
Launching Grappling Hook Movement 2 (Safe-Fall, Swinging) [ 4 PP ]
AE: Move Object 3 (300 lbs.; Extras: Tether; Flaws: Limited Direction [Attraction]) [ 1 PP ]
Bat-Cuffs [ 1 EP ]
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Cutting Torch Damage 2 linked to Weaken Toughness 2 (Extras: Affects Only Objects) [ 1 EP ]
Medical Kit [ 1 EP ]
Multifunction Binoculars Senses 2 (Visual: Extended [1], Infravision) Feature 1 (Camera) [ 1 EP ]
Rebreather [ 1 EP ]
Handheld Computer [ 1 EP ]
Tracking Device [ 1 EP ]
Universal Tool Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improvised Tools) [ 1 EP ]
UV Bat-Light [ 1 EP ]
UV Spray Paint [ 1 EP ]

Arsenal (Array) [ 13 EP Total ]
Batarang Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Indirect [2], Ranged) [ 9 EP ]
Collapsible Bo Staff Damage 3 (Strength-based; E: Reach [1]) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Sleep Gas Bombs Affliction 4 (Resist/Recover: Fortitude; Conditions: Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep ; E: Area [Cloud, 15'], Ranged; F: Diminished Ranged [10'/25'/50'; 3]) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Smoke Bombs Concealment 2 (Normal Vision; E: Area [Cloud, 15'], Attack, Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Tear Gas Bombs Affliction 4 (Resist/Recover: Fortitude; Conditions: Dazed and Vision Impaired, Stunned and Vision Disabled; E: Area [Cloud, 15'], Extra Condition, Ranged; F: Diminished Ranged [10'/25'/50'; 3], Limited to Two Degrees) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 5
Parry: (10) Base 4
Fortitude: (6) Base 4
Tough.: (6/2) ——
Will: (8) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack: 13 Effect: 1 Total: 14 (Unarmed)
Attack: 10 Effect: 4 Total: 14 (Bo Staff)
Attack: 10 Effect: 3 Total: 13 (Batarang)
Attack:Effect: 2 Total: 2 (Smoke Bomb)
Attack:Effect: 4 Total: 4 (Sleep Gas)
Attack:Effect: 4 Total: 4 (Tear Gas)
Dodge: 10 Tough.: 6/2 Total: 16/12
Parry: 10 Tough.: 6/2 Total: 16/12
Fort.: 6 Will: 8 Total: 14

ABILITIES [ 64 pp ] + SKILLS [ 44 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 21 pp ] + POWERS [ 0 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 16 pp ] =
145 PP TOTAL

Education: Bachelors Degree (Psychology), Empire State University
Date of Birth: Age 20
Base of Operations: Chicago, Illinois
Height: 5'0" (1.52 m)
Weight: 86 lbs. (39 kg)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde
Identity: Secret
Religion: Roman Catholic
Relationships: Edward Brown (alias Edward Nigma; father)
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Background
Stephanie Brown of Earth-III is pretty similar to that of the main, post-Crisis/pre-Flashpoint DC Universe. However, in my universe she's the daughter of the Riddler rather than Cluemaster and with the condensed timeline, not every plot line from the comics has happened. But the "broad strokes" are the same: daughter of a super-villain, who dons a costume to act as a Spoiler for his crimes. She formed an unofficial partnership with Robin II (Tim Drake) for some time before the Batman agreed to train her. After Tim decided to step away from his superhero career, Stephanie took up the mantle.

Stephanie splits her time between acting as the Batman's partner and acting as the "field leader" of the current generation of Teen Titans. All the while pursuing her master's degree in criminal psychology. How does she find the time? Well, being a genius helps, but mostly it's that when you have the Batman asking if you got your homework done, you make the time!

The modern Teen Titans are led and mentored by Oracle (Barbara Gordon), who has brought together a trio of teenaged heroes: Robin III (Stephanie Brown), Shadowcat (Catherine "Kitty" Pryde), and Speedy (Mia Queen). The original Titans were more an ad hoc gathering of friends, Oracle's Teen Titans are more formally organized and have an active mentor-students relationship.
Batgirl III

Speedy

Post by Batgirl III »

SPEEDY
Earth-III Character
Power Level 6 ( 90 PP )

Speedy: That's a SIG P229 you're holding... and you just fired your last round. Think you can reload faster than I can? You wanna give up or do you want to find out why they call me Speedy?
ABILITIES
Strength 1 Stamina 1 Agility 4 Dexterity 4 Fighting 3 Intellect 1 Aware 2 Presence 4

SKILLS
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+6), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Archery] 2 (+8), Stealth 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES
Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Archery (1)], Ranged Attack (2), Ultimate Aim

POWERS
Compound Bow and Trick Arrows Device (10 PP Base; F: Removable [–1 per 5]) [ 8 Total ]
Arrow Damage 4 (E: Ranged) [ 8 PP ]
AE: Net Arrows Affliction 4 (Resist: Dodge; Recover: Strength; Conditions: Hindered and Vulnerable; Defenseless and Immobilized; E: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Ranged; F: Limited to Two Degrees, Unreliable [five uses]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Sleep Gas Arrows Affliction 4 (Resist/Recover: Fortitude; Conditions: Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep ; E: Area [Cloud, 15'], Ranged; F: Unreliable [five uses]) [ 1 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 4
Parry: (6) Base 3
Fortitude: (5) Base 4
Tough.: (4/1) ——
Will: (5) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack: 6 Effect: 1 Total: 14 (Unarmed)
Attack: 8 Effect: 4 Total: 12 (Archery)
Dodge: 8 Tough.: 4/1 Total: 12/9
Parry: 6 Tough.: 4/1 Total: 10/7
Fort.: 6 Will: 8 Total: 14

ABILITIES [ 40 pp ] + SKILLS [ 17 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 9 pp ] + POWERS [ 10 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 14 pp ] =
90 PP TOTAL

Education: Some Highschool
Date of Birth: (Age 15)
Base of Operations: Chicago, Illinois
Height: 0" (1 m)
Weight: 0 lbs. (1 kg)
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Identity: Secret
Religion: Episcopalian
Relationships: Oliver Queen (father), Dinah Lance-Queen (mother), Robert and Moira Queen (grandparents)
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with juvenile criminal record.

Background
Returning home from the Vietnam War, Special Forces operative Frank Castle thought he'd found peace with his wife and newborn daughter... until they were gunned down in the crossfire between two warring criminal gangs.

Robert Queen and his wife Moira Queen built the family's small import/export business into one of the largest shipping fleets on the Pacific Rim. Millionaire several times over, they thought he had built a secure life for themselves and their son, Oliver... until yakuza saboteurs seeking to strong arm him into a deal blew up the family yacht, the Queen's Gambit killing all onboard.

Queen, Castle, and a dozen other survivors of violent crime came together in a support group in 1990. Most of them were wealthy members of high society, like Queen, others were former soldiers or police officers, like Castle. Guiding them through their therapy was a young newly graduated psychologist: Dr. Harleen Quinzel.

Quinzel pushed and nudged her patients not towards healing, but towards complete psychotic breaks. After a year of therapy, Queen organized most of her fellow patients into a massive project euphemistically called "the undertaking." (Frank Castle had dropped out of the group therapy before Queen had come up with her "undertaking," what happened to him is a story for another day.)

The "undertaking" was a project that would span twenty years: Queen's associates used their wealth and influence to join city government, construct massive housing projects for the city's lower income residents... and then detonate massive bombs underneath, killing them all.

Unbeknownst to Queen, however, is that the bomb which sank the Queen's Gambit did not kill her son... Oliver Queen washed ashore on a remote island in the South Pacific. For five long years, he hunted, honed his survival skills, and remade himself. Returning to civilization in 1996 as a changed man.

Oliver Queen learned of the "undertaking" and sought desperately for a way to stop it. Inspired by the news reports out of Chicago about a mysterious Batman, Queen realized that to save the city he loved he had to become something more than Oliver Queen. He had to become a symbol. He had to become the Green Arrow.

In 1998, the Green Arrow would be joined in the second year of crusade by the Black Canary, who in daily life was Det. Dinah Lance of the Seattle Police Department. Lance had become frustrated by the collusion between her department, city government, and organized crime.

Queen and Lance had a daughter, Mia Queen, in 2001. With a stubbornness inherited from her parents, Mia Queen has pushed to join them in their efforts to clean up the emerald city. Although they've trained her in self-defense from a young age (and she has her father's natural talent as an archer) they've encouraged her to join the new Teen Titans.
Skaramine

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Robin, Speedy)

Post by Skaramine »

And the "new" Fantastic Four of Earth III is why you are one of my favorite M&M peoples.

Supergirl on the team.
Your writing of Frankie and Vallie (part of the reason I named the children of my F4 espy's Roberta and Darrin).
And Supergirl's first meeting with Superman coinciding with a Godzilla/Mothra brawl.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Yea Batgirl's campaign setting and character builds are pretty...Fantastic 8-).
Formerly luketheduke86
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Alright, BGIII. Break's over. Time to get back to it. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Come back to us, Batgirl!
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I've been away. Family drama, workplace shenanigans, and a weird guy in a moth costume... But, that's mostly dealt with.

I'm baaack.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Welcome back!
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."