Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:34 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:54 am Cool! Easily one of Rifts' most iconic character archetypes (I think it's that & Juicers). Seeing it at PL 10 is interesting,
Then again, consider that a 1st level Rogue Scholar is lucky to meet PL 4.
That dude and his damn book and gun will never not make me laugh. Though "Vagabond Unskilled OCC" is still my all-time laugh moment.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The Savage World version of RIFTS does a much, much better job at balancing the "normal people" and the "munchkin" classes, an Operator or a Scientist is never going to be a match for a Juicer or a Glitter Boy in a fight, but they give them a major leg-up in skills and other non-combat areas.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

DANTE
Cape City Character
Power Level 6 ( 150 PP )

Johnny Rivers, 'Secret Agent Man' wrote:There's a man who leads a life of danger,
To everyone he meets he stays a stranger,
With every move he makes, another chance he takes.
Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow.
ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 8
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 5

SKILLS
Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception 5 (+10), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+10), Expertise [Espionage] 12 (+16), Expertise [Military Sciences] 8 (+12), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation 3 (+8), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+10), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+8), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 4 (+8), Treatment 1 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Attractive (2), Benefit [Cipher], Contacts, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (10), Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Pistols] (1), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Tools, Improvised Weapon, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages (4), Leadership, Precise Attack [Ranged, Cover and Concealment; 2], Ranged Attack (3), Well-Informed

EQUIPMENT ( 50 EP )
Smith & Wesson M&P Shield (.45 ACP) Damage 4 (E: Ranged) [ 8 EP ]

Special Note: One can safely assume Dante pretty much has any item of mundane Equipment she might need for a given mission..

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 5
Parry: (8) Base 0
Fortitude: (4) Base 2
Toughness: (2/4) ——
Will: (8) Base 5

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 2 Total: 12 (Unarmed)
Attack: 8 Effect: 4 Total: 12 (Pistol)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 2/4 Total: 10/12
Parry: 8 Tough: 2/4 Total: 10/12
Fort: 4 Will: 8 Total: 12

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 42 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 36 pp ] +
POWERS [ 0 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 12 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

Education: Classified
Date of Birth: May 13, 1974 (Age 44)
Base of Operations: Washington D.C.
Height: 5'11" (1.80 m)
Weight: 127 lbs. (58 kg)
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Religion: Roman Catholic
Relationships: None
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Background:
Desdemona Dante always knew she was destined for a life of adventure. Dante dedicated her life to serving her country, a value inherited from her immigrant parents.

Dante excelled in foreign studies, which brought her to the attention of recruiters for the CIA. When Dante was offered the opportunity, she turned it down, having already decided to accept a previous offer from the nearly defunct Office of Strategic Services, a smaller group now reporting directly to the President.

The training Dante received was mostly physical since she had amassed a great deal of knowledge about the world through her independent studies. She was an apt student and within a year was proclaimed ready for field work. Dante was one of the OSS's twelve "agents without an agency" and was sent on dozens of missions that had no official authorization, no paper trail, and absolute deniability. During this time, Dante ferreted out spies, double agents, arms dealers, international terrorists, and worse.

Dante traveled the world over and thrived on just her wits, rising in status and influence to become the director of the OSS, sometimes coming into contact with super-heroes like Vesper, All-Star, and Europa. The latter of whom she worked with frequently.

Dante has aided many government operatives over the years and even played a behind-the-scenes role with restructuring of the Liberty Alliance Worldwide and the assembly of the WOTAN Network. In the wake of the L.A.W.'s restructuring, the United States government's official stance towards super-heroes began to shift and with the death of Exemplar, the new policy fully crystallized: the government needed advance intelligence potential threats, like Revelation, and they needed a way to stop those threats. Desdemona Dante was named the Director of the newly made Department of Extraordinary Metahuman Observation Network and a member of the President's Cabinet... Although D.E.M.O.N. is listed in no public records and its Director appears on no sanctioned list of Cabinet appointees. Dante has been allowed to retain state-of-the-art technology and her department works covertly within other intelligence and law enforcement agencies.

No official authorization, no paper trail, and absolute deniability.

Desdemona Dante has no super-powers, but has been rated an Olympic-level athlete. she has mastered, at one time or another, most forms of hand-to-hand combat, although she prefers ordinary fisticuffs to flowery martial arts. Dante has been trained to use almost every hand weapon manufactured today. she maintains the skills needed to operate boats, planes, helicopters, cars, and some vehicles not yet declassified by the government.

In addition, Dante is also a master technical analyst and makes excellent use of technology, a keen observer of human nature who makes excellent use of human intelligence, and a well-read student of history. Dante is one of the best espionage agents in American history and a very formidable foe.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I like the look of your Fury/Waller analogue.The background's really intresting too...
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

SAMAS
Rifts Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 0 (2; Lifting: 4)
Stamina 0 (2)
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 3
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+3/+5), Expertise [Soldier] 5 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+10), Technology 5 (+5), Treatment 2 (+2), Vehicles 3 (+7),

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Evasion (1), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Favored Environment [Aerial], Move-By Action, Ranged Attack (2)

POWERS
PA-06A Strategic Armor Military Assault Suit (SAMAS) (60 Base; F: Removable) [ 48 PP Total ]
Enhanced Ability 6 (+4 Strength, +2 Stamina; F: Limited to Lifting [Two Ranks]) [ 10 PP ]
Flight 7 (120 MPH / 250 MPH F: Distracting [One Rank]) [ 13 PP ]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [ 10 PP ]
Leaping 1 (15') [ 1 PP ]
Protection 8 (E: Impervious [8]) [ 16 PP ]
Senses 10 (Auditory: Radio; Visual: Extended [2], Distance Sense, Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Time-Sense, Ultra-Vision; Radar: Extended Detect Technology) [ 10 PP ]

C-40R SAMAS Rail Gun (35 Base; F: Easily Removable) [ 21 PP Total ]
Damage 10 (E: Extended Range [2], Multiattack, Penetrating [3], Ranged) [ 35 PP ]

CM-2 Rocket Launcher (15 Base; F: Removable) [ 12 PP Total ]
Damage 10 (E: Area [30' Burst], Extended Range [2], Homing [2], Ranged, Split [1]; F: Unreliable [Two Uses]) [ 15 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 6
Parry: (6) Base 3
Fortitude: (6/8) Base 6
Toughness: (0/10) ——
Will: (4) Base 2

WORKSHEET
Attack: 3 Effect: 0/2 Total: 3/5 (Unarmed)
Attack: 10 Effect: 10 Total: 20 (Rail Gun)
Attack: —— Effect: 10 Total: 10 (Rockets)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 0/10 Total: 10/20
Parry: 6 Tough: 0/10 Total: 6/16
Fort: 6/8 Will: 4 Total: 10/12

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 14 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 8 pp ] +
POWERS [ 81 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 17 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Responsibility (The Coalition States): All Coalition military personnel are expected to uphold the virtues of the CS, and are subject to "reorientation", or worse, if they stray.
Enemy (Tolkeen): The Magic-heavy state is anathema to the Coalition States.
Hatred (D-Bees, Psychics, Magic)

Background:
The SAMAS is a complete environmental power armor with enhanced robotics and flight/air-to-ground capabilities. The SAMAS, like all power armor, is basically a robot exoskeleton with M.D.C. plating, superhuman strength, and weapon systems. The pilot fits inside the exoskeleton.

The SAMAS is a significant element of the Coalition's armored troops. The suit was designed for assault and defense, its small size making it ideal for urban and wilderness environments. The fast and maneuverable power armor quickly came to represent Coalition military supremacy in thew air and on the ground. Next to the Glitter Boy, it is the most famous power armor in the Americas.

Notes:
In my personal opinion, there is no more iconic image for the RIFTS universe than the SAMAS. It simultaneously tells you everything about how evil the Coalition States are and at the same time how heroic an individual C.S. Trooper can be. Eight-foot tall, skull-faced, and screaming across the terrain at treetop altitude... In order to fight against some sixty-foot tall demonic kaiju that just emerged from a literal gateway to Hell.

In a game universe that depends on awesome visuals and Rule of Cool far more than it does sound game mechanics or serious storytelling, the SAMAS delivers. This thing is weaponized Rule of Cool.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Why PL 10? The Armour alone would jack a PL 8 pilot skillmonkey to PL 11(by my messed up,drunk math).....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:07 am Why PL 10? The Armour alone would jack a PL 8 pilot skillmonkey to PL 11(by my messed up,drunk math).....
For the same reason you don't design a Green Lantern Ring with the assumption that Bruce Wayne is the one using it.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, you put P.C.-level stats in Rifts gear and they'll hit PL 15 in a heartbeat. SAMAS pilots are generally little better than baseline CS Mooks- they just have much better gear.

I can't recall if the guns and stuff are attached to the armor with most power armor. That makes a difference in stats.
Batgirl III

Domo Arigato, Mister Roboto...

Post by Batgirl III »

COMBAT 'BORG
Rifts Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP )

The human mind given machine precision, steamroller strength, and the firepower of an army company. That's how I see myself.
ABILITIES
Strength 5
Stamina -
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+8), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Mercenary] 10 (+10), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Equipment (7), Extraordinary Effort, Ranged Attack (6)

POWERS
Climbing Claws Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [ 2 PP ]
Full Bionic Conversion Immunity 30 (All Fortitude Effects) [ 30 PP ]
M1-B2 Medium Infantry Armor Protection 12 (E: Impervious [8]) [ 20 PP ]
Sensory Upgrades Senses 6 (Auditory: Radio; Visual: Extended [1], Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Time-Sense, Ultra-Vision) [ 6 PP ]

Cybernetic Weapons Array [ 16 PP ]
Retractable Vibro-Blade Damage 7 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [2], Penetrating [6]) [ 15 PP ]
AE: Shoulder Mini-Missile Launcher Damage 10 (E: Area [30' Burst], Extended Range [2], Homing [2], Ranged, Split [1]; F: Unreliable [Two Uses]) [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 35 EP )
NG-202 Rail Gun Damage 10 (E: Accurate [1], Extended Range [2], Multiattack, Penetrating [2], Ranged) [ 35 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 6
Parry: (8) Base 0
Fortitude:——
Toughness: (12) ——
Will: (6) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack: 8 Effect: 5 Total: 13 (Unarmed)
Attack: 8 Effect: 12 Total: 20 (Vibro-Blade)
Attack:Effect: 10 Total: 10 (Mini-Missiles)
Attack: 10 Effect: 10 Total: 20 (Rail Gun)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 12 Total: 20
Parry: 8 Tough: 12 Total: 20
Fort:Will: 6 Total: 6

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 22 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 15 pp ] +
POWERS [ 74 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 9 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Quirk (Lack of Senses): With a body that is anywhere between 80% to 90% mechanical, a 'Borg loses many senses. Some can no longer taste an apple, feel the breeze against their skin, or know the kiss a loved one.

Background:
Combat Cyborgs are men and women who have been surgically augmented with bionics for the purpose of war. They are often soldiers, law enforcers, or some other type of warrior (or desire to be one) before they submit to the full bionic conversion. "'Borg" is the popular slang term for cyborgs, particularly full conversion cyborgs like the Combat 'Borg.

Full bionic conversion means that these characters are over 80% machine and often more than 90%. While this process creates the most powerful cyborgs possible, it is also the most dehumanizing. Virtually the entire body is replaced with a mechanical one. Only the brain, the face, and a few other original human components (rebuilt upper torso/chest area, the tongue, throat, and head) are all that remain of the original flesh and blood body. While the vast majority keep their original face (the real thing or an attractive, youthful synthetic replica), at least 20% don't even do that. And those who do keep their face usually shield it behind a robotic or demonic faceplate or wear a full helmet to protect it.

Notes:
After the SAMAS, the 'Borg is one of the most iconic images for me when I think of RIFTS, specifically the "Red Borg" by Long, stalking through the ruins of a fallen city. They're like the unholy grimdark lovechild of Warhammer 40,000 and Robocop... Even a "heroic" 'Borg has somehow decided that the world is in such a sorry shape that having 80-90% of their body voluntarily chopped off and replaced with an inhuman war-machine is a better alternative than regular life. These guys are nuts... but, damn, do they look awesome.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:13 am Yeah, you put P.C.-level stats in Rifts gear and they'll hit PL 15 in a heartbeat. SAMAS pilots are generally little better than baseline CS Mooks- they just have much better gear.

I can't recall if the guns and stuff are attached to the armor with most power armor. That makes a difference in stats.
The railguns aren't attached save by the ammo belts, the missile launcher is attached to the forearms in the old designs. most pilots usually have a back up C18 laser pistol and vibro knife
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

My only problem with the 'Borgs RIFTS-wise was that they were basically CS lapdogs.The SAMAS pilots were almost as bad,that why i perfered the Merc OCC when i played.....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:21 am My only problem with the 'Borgs RIFTS-wise was that they were basically CS lapdogs.The SAMAS pilots were almost as bad,that why i perfered the Merc OCC when i played.....
Depends entirely on the `Borg, plenty of them were mercenaries, either as freelancers or attached to one of the established mercenary companies. There was also a thriving "gladiator" circuit in Pecos and Manistique... and , of course, a PC 'Borg had the freedom to be from anywhere they pleased.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Red Borg!

This and Aberrant sample characters make me happy.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

That Kevin Long... dude couldn't draw people (or Dog Boys) to save his life, but Killer Robots? Hell yeah.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Kevin Long’s killer robot artwork is responsible for 123% of all sales of RIFTS. I guarantee you.