Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread

Post by Batgirl III »

ALL-STAR
Cape City Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 2 (10)
Stamina 2 (10)
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 3

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 6 (+8/16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [Business] 5 (+7), Expertise [Tactics] 13 (+15), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 5 (+8), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+10), Stealth 2 (+5), Technology 3 (+5), Treatment 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit [Security Clearance (1)], Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Evasion (1/2), Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Inspire (3), Interpose, Leadership, Lionhearted, Luck (1), Power Attack, Redirect, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind

POWERS
Decrease Density Alternate Form (30 Base) [ 30 PP Total ][/b]
Enhanced Advantage 2 (Evasion [1], Uncanny Dodge) [ 2 PP ]
Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; E: Precise [1], Subtle [1]) [ 22 PP ]
Flight 3 (15 MPH) [ 6 PP ]

Increase Density Alternate Effect of Alternate Form (30 Base) [ 1 PP Total ][/b]
Enhanced Advantage 3 (Improved Critical [Unarmed], Improved Hold, Improved Smash) [ 3 PP ]
Growth 8 (+8 Strength, +8 Stamina; +8 Mass, -1 Speed; E: Subtle [1]; F: Does Not Change Size) [ 17 PP ]
Impervious Toughness 10 [ 10 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 5
Parry: (8) Base 2
Fortitude: (2/10) Base 0
Toughness: (2/4/12) ——
Will: (10) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 2/10 Total: 12/20 (Unarmed)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 2/4/12 Total: 10/12/20
Parry: 8 Tough: 2/4/12 Total: 10/12/20
Fort: 2/10 Will: 10 Total: 12/20

ABILITIES [ 50 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 35 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 21 pp ] +
POWERS [ 31 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 13 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation: All-Star is a patriot who strives to make his country more like the “real America” he envisions.
Secret Identity: The Department of Defense keeps All-Star's identity a closely guarded secret.

Background:
Operation Paperclip was a secret program in the aftermath of WWII, in which more than 1,600 German scientists, engineers, and technicians, such as Wernher von Braun and his V-2 rocket team, were recruited by the U.S. for government employment. Although most of Operation Paperclip has been declassified and it is mostly associated with America's successful space program of the 1960s, there was a clandestine mission hidden within it: Operation Inkwell. The goal of Operation Inkwell was to recruit the German scientists and doctors who had helped create the Nazi super-soldiers, like Kommandant Übermensch and Kapitän Wülfpack, with the goal of creating some American supermen.

Operation Inkwell's first human trials took place between 1966 and 1972, using thirteen volunteers from the military. Isaiah "Ike" Truman was selected from his cadet class at the United States Military Academy (West Point) was the thirteenth and only successful application of the technology. All-Star has been active was a superhero between 1976 until the Terminus Crisis... He vanished during the fighting with Omega.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nice historical twist Bg III,i never would've thought President Truman would've made a Decent Superman analog,but he's fairly cool. :)
So who replaced him as JFK's running mate?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:08 am Nice historical twist Bg III,i never would've thought President Truman would've made a Decent Superman analog,but he's fairly cool. :)
That was Harry S Truman. 😋
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:04 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:08 am Nice historical twist Bg III,i never would've thought President Truman would've made a Decent Superman analog,but he's fairly cool. :)
That was Harry S Truman. 😋
Oh,remarks retracted then. :oops: Still good Super-analog,though....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

President Truman was in office 1945–53; All-Star was a West Point cadet when he was selected for the Inkwell project in ‘72; So he would have been born sometime in the early Fifties... I imagine he would have gotten the “Ike” nickname because of Pres. Eisenhower (and it being an actual nickname form of Isaiah).

Basically, in the Cape City ‘verse, the U.S. ran a covert superhero-making program concurrently with the Apollo Missions. NASA put men on the Moon, DARPA built a guy that can punch holes in tanks.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

So,does the Capeverse have a govt. sponsored Superteam like Youngblood yet?(despite my overall disdain for Rob Leifield,i still liked the concept & Roster of Youngblood)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The Liberty Alliance of America -- the WWII era Allied team -- was government-sponsored and the Liberty Alliance Worldwide has an arraignment with the United Nations akin to that of the JLA. They're independent, but have permission to act within most UN member states.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Another fine example of the Vision's power set being great.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Skaramine wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 pm Another fine example of the Vision's power set being great.
It’s an incredibly fun one in play, too. Allowing you to shift between Kitty Pryde shenanigans to Ben Grimm pugilism in a heartbeat... and that’s before you start getting into the Power Stunts.

Makes for a refreshing change of pace from the default Flying Brick paragon, yet still delivering most of what the Flying Brick can do.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:58 pm
Skaramine wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 pm Another fine example of the Vision's power set being great.
It’s an incredibly fun one in play, too. Allowing you to shift between Kitty Pryde shenanigans to Ben Grimm pugilism in a heartbeat... and that’s before you start getting into the Power Stunts.

Makes for a refreshing change of pace from the default Flying Brick paragon, yet still delivering most of what the Flying Brick can do.
What i always thought was neat about Vision's power-set was that you could make a literal Ghost with it.... :evil:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

GLITTER BOY
Rifts Character
Power Level 10 ( 190 PP )

It's not about fame, power or money. It's about generations of tradition and making a difference, helping people who need it. That's our destiny.
ABILITIES
Strength 0 (4)
Stamina 0 (4)
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 3
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 3

SKILLS
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 5 (+5/+9), Close Combat [Robots & Power Armor] 9 (+12), Expertise [Robots & Power Armor] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+8/+10), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Boom Gun] 2 (+5), Technology 4 (+5), Treatment 4 (+5), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Benefit [Status], Contacts, Improved Aim, Interpose, Lionhearted

POWERS
USA-G10 Chromium Guardsman Armor "Glitter Boy" (70 Base; F: Removable) [ 56 PP Total ]
Comprehend Languages 2 (Speak One at a Time, Understand All; F: Limited to Broad Type [Humanoid]) [ 2 PP ]
Growth 4 (+4 Strength, +4 Stamina; +5 Mass, +1 Size; +2 Intimidate; -2 Defense; E: Feature [+1 Mass], Innate, Permanent) [ 9 PP ]
Protection 8 (E: Impervious [12]) [ 20 PP ]
Immunity 10 (Laser Descriptor; F: Half Effect) [ 10 PP ]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [ 10 PP ]
Immunity 5 (Sonic Descriptor) [ 5 PP ]
Senses 8 (Auditory: Radio; Visual: Extended [2], Distance Sense, Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Time-Sense, Ultra-Vision) [ 8 PP ]
Speed 5 (60 MPH); Leaping 1 (15') [ 6 PP ]

RG-14 Rapid Acceleration Electromagnetic Rail Gun "Boom Gun" (60 Base; F: Removable) [ 48 PP Total ]
Damage 15 (E: Extended Range [3], Improved Critical [2], Penetrating [5], Ranged) [ 40 PP ]
Linked To: Affliction 5 (Resist/Recover: Fortitude; Conditions: Impaired, Disabled,
Unaware; E: Area [250' Burst; 3], Cumulative; F: Limited to One Sense [Auditory]) [ 20 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8/6) Base 5
Parry: (8/6) Base 5
Fortitude: (6/10) Base 6
Toughness: (0/12) ——
Will: (6) Base 4

WORKSHEET
Attack: 12 Effect: 4 Total: 16 (Unarmed, Glitter Boy)
Attack: 5 Effect: 15 Total: 20 (Boom Gun)
Dodge: 8/6 Tough: 0/12 Total: 8/18
Parry: 8/6 Tough: 0/12 Total: 8/18
Fort: 6/10 Will: 6 Total: 12/16

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 30 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 6 pp ] +
POWERS [ 104 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 20 pp ] =
190 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Power Loss/Side Effect (Automatic Stabilization System): The blast of the "Boom Gun" is so powerful that without the automatic stabilization system, the Glitter Boy would be thrown to the ground and knocked back thirty feet every time it fired. The automatic stabilization system is a synchronous system of jet thrusters in the back and retractable reinforcement pylons in the lower legs that hold the armor steady and in place. The pylons and jets normally activate the moment the "Boom Gun" is fired, however if they are damaged, inoperable, or cannot be used for some reason than the Glitter Boy must either forego using his weapon or risk the side-effects.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Cool! Easily one of Rifts' most iconic character archetypes (I think it's that & Juicers). Seeing it at PL 10 is interesting, given how they were the early "Power Geek" option in a high-power setting, but the weak accuracy seems reasonable. I forget how accuracy worked in Palladium (I'm gonna assume "confusingly"), but I recall people referring to them as a pretty big "Mighty Glacier" class.

One thing I liked about Rifts was the granularity about all the armor types, though it makes reading their statlines a ridiculously time-consuming affair :). M&M is much simpler about it, even if you gotta stick all kinds of Half-Immunities onto things.

I wonder how big the Boom Gun's sound-thing one tended to be in play. How many characters had regular access to sonic protection?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

In my experience, it was ridiculously easy to avoid the negative effects of the sonic boom. The 300' radius wasn't that big in open-field combat, since most of the PCs would be in robots, flying powered armor, or superheroes... Which meant spreading out was pretty simple.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:54 am Cool! Easily one of Rifts' most iconic character archetypes (I think it's that & Juicers). Seeing it at PL 10 is interesting,
Then again, consider that a 1st level Rogue Scholar is lucky to meet PL 4.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:54 am Cool! Easily one of Rifts' most iconic character archetypes (I think it's that & Juicers). Seeing it at PL 10 is interesting, given how they were the early "Power Geek" option in a high-power setting, but the weak accuracy seems reasonable. I forget how accuracy worked in Palladium (I'm gonna assume "confusingly"), but I recall people referring to them as a pretty big "Mighty Glacier" class.

One thing I liked about Rifts was the granularity about all the armor types, though it makes reading their statlines a ridiculously time-consuming affair :). M&M is much simpler about it, even if you gotta stick all kinds of Half-Immunities onto things.

I wonder how big the Boom Gun's sound-thing one tended to be in play. How many characters had regular access to sonic protection?
Accuracy In Palladium games wasn't that acomplex actually it was a straight D20 roll with one PP bonus and any martial arts and power bonuses for Melee, and the ranged weapon proficiencies for ranged attacks

what got tricky was the number of attacks and how someone could dodge or parry attacks If their skill and a d20 was high enough
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories