Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Hello. Is it me you're looking for...

Post by Batgirl III »

BLIND WARRIOR WOMEN
Original Character
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP )

Jabroniville wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:47 am"Well, our artist drew it, so..."
ABILITIES
Strength 3
Stamina 6
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 3

SKILLS
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 2 (+5), Close Combat [Techno-Wizardy Weapons] 4 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+13), Expertise [Demon & Monster Lore] 4 (+4), Expertise [Techno-Wizardy] 3 (+3), Intimidation 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Techno-Wizardy Weapons] 9 (+11), Stealth 3 (+5), Survival 5 (+5), Technology 3 (+3), Treatment 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Attractive (2), Equipment (5), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (2), Lionhearted, Takedown (1), Teamwork (2)

POWERS
Heightened Senses Senses 5 (Auditory: Extended [2]; Olfactory: Analytical, Tracking; Tactile: Acute) [ 5 PP ]
Mind Block Enhanced Defense 5 (+5 Will; E: Impervious [5]; F: Limited to Telepathic Descriptor) [ 5 PP ]
Psionic Senses Senses 2 (Mental: Awareness [Magic], Danger Sense) [ 2 PP ]
Radar Sense Senses 6 (Radio: Accurate, Distance Sense, Radius, Ranged Radio Sense) [ 6 PP ]

Armor of Ithan Talisman (8 Base; F: Removable) [ 6 PP Total ]
Deflect 6 (E: Subtle [2]) [ 8 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 25 EP )
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Handcuffs [ 1 EP ]
Lightly Paded M.D.C. Armor Protection 4 (E: Impervious [4], Subtle [2]) [ 10 EP ]
Magic Net-Gun Affliction 5 (Resist: Dodge; Recover: Will; Conditions: Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; E: Extra Condition, Ranged; F: Diminished Range [1], Limited to Two Degress) [ 9 EP ]
AE: Mental Incapacitator Affliction 4 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Dazed, Stunned; E: Area [120' Cone]; F: Limited to Two Degress) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Wrist Laser Blaster Damage 5 (E: Ranged; F: Diminished Range [1]) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Splugorth Sword Damage 3 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [1], Penetrating [5]) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (6) Base 4
Parry: (6) Base 0
Fortitude: (8) Base 2
Toughness: (6/10) ——
Will: (3/8) Base 0

WORKSHEET
Attack: 13 Effect: 3 Total: 16 (Unarmed)
Attack: 11 Effect: 5 Total: 16 (Net-Gun)
Attack: —— Effect: 4 Total: 4 (Mental Incapacitator)
Attack: 11 Effect: 5 Total: 16 (Wrist Laser)
Attack: 10 Effect: 6 Total: 16 (Sword)
Dodge: 6 Tough: 6/10 Total: 12/16
Parry: 6 Tough: 6/10 Total: 12/16
Deflect: 6 Tough: 6/10 Total: 12/16
Fort: 8 Will: 3/8 Total: 11/16

ABILITIES [ 50 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 25 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 15 pp ] +
POWERS [ 24 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 6 pp ] =
120 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Disability (Blind): The Blind Warrior Women are naturally blind and cannot see.
Duty (The Slaver Enslaved): The Blind Warrior Women are notorious slavers, but they are in turn enslaved by their own harsh masters.

Background:
Four Blind Warrior Women accompany every Splugorth Slave Barge. Each is an exceptional fighter with heightened senses and martial art skills. Some have speculated that they are juicers or crazies but there is no evidence to support such conjecture. Others have speculated that the are psychics. Still other have suggested that the women are the ultimate example of how humans can be trained, controlled, and augmented for other, inhuman masters. Nobody knows.

What is known is that they are apparently loyal slaves, perhaps raised as slaves for generations and taught the ways of combat since childhood. They are general silent, although they can speak, talking on when absolutely necessary. They obey the orders of the Minion without question or hesitation (to hesitate means death). It is they who capture and herd the Splugorth's captive humanoid slaves. Much like the warrior women an the Minion themselves, nobody really knows what the Splugorth do with their human captives. But it is said that a captive of the Splugorth is never see on this earth again.

Notes:
Premium, Grade AAA, Undiluted, High-Octane Fetish Fuel.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
catsi563

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread

Post by catsi563 »

Nice job I actually thought you might have underestimated their strength a bit given that average for them is 23-29 and I thought was minimum Extraordinary Strength. Had to pull Atlantis out to check and they do SDC and despite having extraordinary PE are sdc creatures.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

My copy of RIFTS Sourcebook 1 listed them as Physical Strength 22, but they aren't considered Augmented, Robotic, or Supernatural. They get bonuses to damage, but they're still doing S.D.C. damage. P.S. 22 works out to be a lifting capacity of 440 lbs., which is just a hair over M&M3e's Strength 3.

But, of course, I am not shocked at all to learn that different books in the RIFTS line have different stats for something. Hell, some RIFTS books will have different stats for something on the same page.
Batgirl III

Who let the dogs out!?

Post by Batgirl III »

DOG BOYS
Rifts Characters
Power Level 6 ( 80 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 3
Intellect -1
Awareness 3
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+5), Close Attack [Unarmed] 4 (+7), Expertise [Soldier] 5 (+4), Intimidation 4 (+4), Perception 5 (+8), Ranged Attack [C.S. Weaponry] 2 (+4), Survival 6 (+5), Treatment 3 (+2)

ADVANTAGES
Diehard, Equipment (8), Teamwork (1)

POWERS
Bite Damage 2 (Strength-based; F: Grab-Based) [ 1 PP ]
Keen Sense of Hearing Senses 2 (Auditory: Accurate, Ultra-Hearing) [ 2 PP ]
Mind Block Enhanced Defense 2 (+2 Will; E: Impervious [4]; F: Limited to Telepathic Descriptor) [ 5 PP ]
Sense Magic and Psychic Energy Senses 10 (Mental: Accurate, Acute, Awareness [Magic], Awareness [Psychic], Danger Sense, Ranged Detect [Magic], Ranged Detect [Psychic], Tracking) [ 10 PP ]
Superior Sense of Smell Senses 5 (Olfactory: Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended [1], Tracking) [ 5 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 40 EP )
"Dog Pack" DPM Riot-Armor Protection 5 (E: Impervious [5]) [ 10 EP ]
C-18 Laser Pistol Damage 8 (E: Ranged; F: Diminished Range [1]) [ 15 EP ]
Vibro-Claws Damage 7 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [2], Split [1]) [ 10 EP ]
Binoculars [ 1 EP ]
Gas Mask [ 1 EP ]
Handcuffs [ 1 EP ]
First-Aid Kit [ 1 EP ]
Walkie-Talkie [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (4) Base 2
Parry: (4) Base 1
Fortitude: (3) Base 0
Toughness: (3/8) ——
Will: (3/5) Base 0

WORKSHEET
Attack: 7 Effect: 2 Total: 9 (Unarmed)
Attack: 7 Effect: 4 Total: 11 (Bite)
Attack: 4 Effect: 8 Total: 12 (Laser Pistol)
Attack: 3 Effect: 9 Total: 12 (Vibro-Claws)
Dodge: 4 Tough: 3/8 Total: 7/12
Parry: 4 Tough: 3/8 Total: 7/12
Fort: 3 Will: 3/5 Total: 6/8

ABILITIES [ 28 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 16 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 10 pp ] +
POWERS [ 23 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 3 pp ] =
80 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Responsibility (The Coalition States) Dog Boys are literally born to serve the Coalition States and indoctrinated from birth to uphold the virtues of the C.S; Dog Boys who "go feral," by betraying the CS in any way, are subject to summary execution.
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant, C.S. Loyalists) Dog Boys are very clearly mutant animals and well-known as the "attack dogs" of the Coalition States. Within in the C.S., they're seen as little better than trained animals; Outside the C.S. they're widely mistrusted by the C.S.'s many enemies.
Hatred (D-Bees, Psychics, Magic)

Background:
Dog Boy is the nickname given by Coalition States armed forces to the humanoid psychic-sensitive, mutant animals they use to sniff out psychics and supernatural beings within C.S. territory. The name is often applied regardless of the individual's gender. The Dog Boy is genetically uplifted from domestic canine or wolf stock in the laboratories of the Coalition State of Lone Star and exported to the other Coalition States. Dog Boys in service to the Coalition are most often encountered in small groups led by a Psi-Stalker, with whom they are usually very close. Such beings in the employ of NTSET are often termed "Psi-Hounds."

The Coalition States value the Dog Boy's life very little, viewing them as working animals with few or no rights of their own. Occasionally a Dog Boy is released from Coalition service, or deserts, and such Dog Boys may take up the life of a wandering adventurer, doing their best to protect the remnants of human society from the supernatural threats that surround it.

The Dog Boy is a bipedal humanoid modified from a domestic dog such as a terrier or golden retriever, or a wolf. He or she has two hands with four fingers and fully disposable thumbs. The Dog Boy's head resembles that of the breed he was uplifted from, and is proportioned to his body. He stands between four feet and six feet, eight inches tall, and adopts a slouched posture. When speed is necessary, a Dog Boy will get down and run on all fours, increasing his pace but preventing him from carrying anything in his hands. His brain has been augmented, and is very much the same size as the average human's. A Dog Boy has limited color vision, sharp ears, and an even sharper nose.

Specific breeds of canine used as the basic for any given Dog Boy may influence their game mechanics, such as adding Swimming (for aquatic breeds) or Speed (for greyhounds), perhaps adding Shrinking or Growth to represent smaller or larger breeds.

Notes:
I <3 Dog Boys. I'm generally not fond of anthropomorphic animals in role-playing games -- I am about as far from being a "furry" as you can get -- but in the case of RIFTS' Dog Boys, the books deliver a remarkably detailed look at the psychology, personality, and life-style of the Dog Boys. They're wonderfully fleshed out, not just by RIFTS standards but by the standards of any role-playing games' PC Race. The artwork for these guys is very hit or miss, most of the time, its great... Every now and again, you get something that looks like a dog's head crudely photoshopped onto a human body, with no sense of scale or proportion.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

As a Dog-lover in general,my favorite RIFTS races were Dog Boys or Wolfen's(could never decide which),so thanks for building this Bg! :D
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Mine too One of my longest played characters was a Pittbull Dogboy who proved an absolute beast in a fight :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I like the Rifts posts.

Rifts was always one of those things I wanted to get into just based on the designs from the ads in comics back in the day, but I could NEVER find anything on it. There used to be alot of resources online and I'd spend alot of time sitting up late during my vacations from college reading about them, but alot of those went down.

At any rate, awesome stuff.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The best way to get into RIFTS, these days, is probably with the Savage Worlds iteration of the game. Savage Worlds is a much better system, mechanically, and is about as "cross-genre" friendly as M&M3e or GURPS, which is certainly an important consideration if want to embrace RIFTS' wilder and wackier side. If I were to play RIFTS again any time soon, it'd be with the Savage Worlds rules.

You can usually find dozens of Palladium RIFTS books at any well-stocked FLGS, oftentimes you can get used ones for half to a quarter of the MSRP. The books are fun reads, even if you don't ever play the game, they're neat little time capsules into the state of RPGs during the Eighties.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

If you're willing to do pdf, rpgnow.com looks to have most/all for 50% off cover.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I perfer Hardcopies myself,which you can get a bunch cheap from Amazon....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:06 pm Mine too One of my longest played characters was a Pittbull Dogboy who proved an absolute beast in a fight :)
Never was a Pittbull man,perfered Bloodhounds(better Tracking ability) or Grayhounds(faster & more Agile) myself....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:25 am
catsi563 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:06 pm Mine too One of my longest played characters was a Pittbull Dogboy who proved an absolute beast in a fight :)
Never was a Pittbull man,perfered Bloodhounds(better Tracking ability) or Grayhounds(faster & more Agile) myself....
I always liked German Shepherds, they've got that classic military look and the +1d6 I.Q. was very helpful, their other stat bonuses were good too but it was the I.Q. bonus that most enticed me.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

It's funny, because everyone here's a fan, and I just hated Dog Boys SO MUCH. Obviously they have this really long, in-depth, sympathetic history as a Disposable Slave Race of the openly Nazi-esque Coalition... but they just looked SO BAD in the Main Rulebook! As I've said repeatedly (re: Cat!HankMcCoy and Tom "Wildcat III" Bronson), drawing realistic animal-people is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT. Drawing them as goofy furries or whatever is easy, and cartoons can handle it well, but sticking an animal head on a human body just looks "off". It's why so many artists struggled so hard with Animal-Headed heroes. I myself had a character called Fang who had a wolf's head for years, and found that I could NEVER draw him right, no matter how many times I tried.

So you have hit-or-miss artists like the early Palladium guys working on Dog Boys and... you get pics like that one with the four dogs, some of whom have really silly faces or poses (the limp-wristed Vibro-Blade guy in particular). It's why my friend's campaign had a player who just wanted to kill Dog Boys (granted, it was an immature teenage campaign- it included an effeminate elf named "Gaydo")

Now, if they'd looked like that BAD-ASS Walton art used in the first pic, right from the beginning? THEN you'd have had something.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:17 am It's funny, because everyone here's a fan, and I just hated Dog Boys SO MUCH. Obviously they have this really long, in-depth, sympathetic history as a Disposable Slave Race of the openly Nazi-esque Coalition... but they just looked SO BAD in the Main Rulebook! As I've said repeatedly (re: Cat!HankMcCoy and Tom "Wildcat III" Bronson), drawing realistic animal-people is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT. Drawing them as goofy furries or whatever is easy, and cartoons can handle it well, but sticking an animal head on a human body just looks "off". It's why so many artists struggled so hard with Animal-Headed heroes. I myself had a character called Fang who had a wolf's head for years, and found that I could NEVER draw him right, no matter how many times I tried.

So you have hit-or-miss artists like the early Palladium guys working on Dog Boys and... you get pics like that one with the four dogs, some of whom have really silly faces or poses (the limp-wristed Vibro-Blade guy in particular). It's why my friend's campaign had a player who just wanted to kill Dog Boys (granted, it was an immature teenage campaign- it included an effeminate elf named "Gaydo")

Now, if they'd looked like that BAD-ASS Walton art used in the first pic, right from the beginning? THEN you'd have had something.
Ah,so your one of those "Art Makes The Race" type of players....I can understand why some people don't like them,but aside from the art(which i can admit is hit n' miss with Palladium books) what don't you like about them?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

To me it was just the art. I thought they looked dumb so I thought the whole thing was silly. I also played a Splugorth Maxi-Killer Juicer because I thought the art was sweet, right down to having my character look the exact same way, so that's pretty much how I played the game back in the day :). Since I'm an artist too, I felt that if it didn't look cool, I wasn't gonna play it.

Of course, I also created a race of "Hamster Men" so I could play my childhood creation "Hal Hamster" (ie. a mean-looking hamster with Earthworm Jim's gun and a red headband) in a Rifts campaign. Complete with HAMAS (ie "SAMAS but made for hamsters") armor, so my impressions of what was silly and what wasn't could be variable :).