J-Mart Fight Club: Closed for remodeling

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

J-Mart Fight Club: Closed for remodeling

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Get those dukes up, J-Mart Customers! It's our new Fight Club location! All your Fighting Game themed builds will be housed here! My first build will be up as soon as I...

Don't do it, boss...please...

I gotta, Dante. To thine ownself be true. It will be up as soon as I...

FINISH HIM!!!!

*sigh* I gotta get a new job...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STORE DIRECTORY:

THE MERCHANDISE:

AISLE 1 - DC COMICS
AISLE 2 - MARVEL COMICS
AISLE 3 - IMAGE COMICS
AISLE 4 - IDW COMICS
AISLE 5 - DARK HORSE COMICS
AISLE 6 - DYNAMITE COMICS
AISLE 7 - VALIANT COMICS
AISLE 8 - DRESDEN COMICS
AISLE 9 - VIDEO GAMES
AISLE 10 - ANIME
AISLE 11 - MAGIC THE GATHERING
AISLE 12 - GREEN RONIN
AISLE 13 - MISCELLANEOUS MOVIE, TV & LITERATURE
AISLE 14 - ARCHETYPES
AISLE 15 - STAR WARS/STAR TREK
AISLE 16 - ORIGINALS

MORE AISLES:
HOUSE RULES

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J-MART ANNEXES:

J-Mart Prime Location: Nexus of the Thorpocamultiverse
J-Mart Fantasy: World of Gloriant
J-Mart II: Earth-J217
J-Mart PC Superstore
J-Mart D&D 5E
J-Mart Test Facility
Thorpocaverse Setting Thread

J-Mart 3E: The Original 3E Superstore! (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart 3E: The Superior J-Mart (at Ronin Army)
J-Mart II 3E - Thorpacoverse Prime (at Ronin Army - Closed)
The J-Mart PC Superstore 3E (at Ronin Army)
J-Mart Fantasy 3E (at Ronin Army)
J-Mart I 2E: The One Stop Shop! (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart II 2E: J-Mart East - Main Setting (Earth-217 - at Atomic Think Tank) Thread
J-Mart III 2E: J-Mart West - ThorpacoDresdenverse Game Setting Thread (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart Settings Thread 2E - The Thorpacoverse (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart 2E Story Hour Location (at Atomic Think Tank)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE VIDEO VESTIBULE (PLAYTESTS AND STORIES):

Playtests:

Batman V Superman

EARTH-FG STORIES:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AISLE 1 - DC/WILDSTORM/MILESTONE COMICS

Batman
Superman (Kal-El)
Wonder Woman

AISLE 2 - MARVEL COMICS

Captain America
Hulk
Spider-Man
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

AISLES 3-8

Post by Thorpocalypse »

AISLE 3 - IMAGE COMICS

AISLE 4 - IDW COMICS

G.I. JOE:
The Joes:

COBRA:

TMNT:
The TMNT:

TRANSFORMERS:

Autobots:

Decepticons:

AISLE 5 - DARK HORSE COMICS

AISLE 6 - DYNAMITE COMICS

AISLE 7 - VALIANT COMICS

AISLE 8 - DRESDEN FILES

Thorpocadresdenverse Originals:
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

AISLES 9-16

Post by Thorpocalypse »

AISLE 9 - VIDEO GAMES

Dead or Alive:

Kasumi

Fatal Fury/King of Fighters:

Andy Bogard
Geese Howard
Mai Shiranui
Terry Bogard

Final Fantasy:

Hitman:

Killer Instinct:

Jago
Orchid
Riptor
Sabrewulf

Mortal Kombat:

Baraka
Goro
Jade
Kitana
Liu Kang
Mileena
Reptile
Scorpion
Shao Kahn
Sub-Zero

Resident Evil:

Soul Calibur:

Ivy Valentine

Street Fighter:

Blanka
Chun-Li
Ken Masters
M Bison
Ryu
Sagat
Vega

Tekken:

Alisa Bosconovich
Heihachi Mishima
Jin Kazama
Jin (Devil Jin)
Kazuya Mishima
King
Raven

Tomb Raider:

AISLE 10 - ANIME

AFRO SAMURAI:

BLEACH:

Human World Allies:

The Gotei 13:
1st Division:

2nd Division:

3rd Division:

4th Division:
Captain -
Lieutenant -

6th Division:
Captain -
Lieutenant -

7th Division:

8th Division:
Captain -
Lieutenant -

9th Division:

10th Division:
Captain -
Lieutenant -

11th Division:
Captain -
Lieutenant -
3rd Seat -

12th Division:

13th Division:
Captain -
Lieutenant -

Aizen, Allies and the Espada:

Espada Cero:
Espada Uno:
Espada Dos:
Espada Tres:
Espada Quatro:
Espada Cinco:
Espada Seis:

Hollows:

CASSHERN SINS:

COWBOY BEBOP:

GHOST IN THE SHELL:

FULL METAL ALCHEMIST:

ONE PUNCH MAN:

SAMURAI CHAMPLOO:

SAMURAI JACK:

AISLE 11 - MAGIC THE GATHERING

Planeswalkers:

AISLE 12 - GREEN RONIN

AISLE 13 - MISC., MOVIES, TV, LITERATURE

THE BIG BANG THEORY:

EQUILIBRIUM:

THE EXPENDABLES:

FIREFLY/SERENITY:

FLASH GORDON:

GAME OF THRONES:

THE INDIANA JONES TRILOGY (we don't acknowledge Crystal Skull here :x ):

KILL BILL:

PARKS AND RECREATION:

RICK AND MORTY:

SHARKNADO:

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN:

TRAILER PARK BOYS:

THE VENTURE BROTHERS:

THE WALKING DEAD:

AISLE 14 - ARCHETYPES

AISLE 15 - STAR WARS/STAR TREK

STAR WARS:

STAR TREK:

AISLE 16 - ORIGINALS
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:17 am, edited 33 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

HOUSE RULES - EARTH FG

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HOUSE RULES: EARTH-FG

Of course, you can't just use the rules as written, what's the fun in that?

This is a CONSTANT work in progress as I roll through more tests.

GAMEPLAY:

ATTACK OF OPPORTUNITY: I’m adding an Attack of Opportunity (AOO) mechanic to close combat. Something still doesn't feel right to me about characters just moving in and out of threatened spaces. Years of D&D programming I guess.

In a fight, everyone is constantly watching for a chance to strike an enemy who is fleeing or passing by. Such a strike is called an Attack of Opportunity. You can make an AOO when an enemy combatant that you can see (or perceive with an accurate enhanced sense) moves out of your reach. To make the AOO, you use your reaction to make one close attack against the provoking opponent. The attack occurs right before the opponent leaves your reach.

With that, there will be a Disengage action added to the Actions list. You can avoid provoking an AOO by taking the Disengage action. If you take the Disengage standard action, your Movement doesn’t provoke Opportunity Attacks for the rest of the turn.

You also don’t provoke an opportunity attack when you Teleport or when someone or something moves you without using your movement, action, or reaction.

You can also avoid an AOO as a move action by succeeding on an opposed Acrobatics vs. Insight or Will (whichever is higher) or an opposed Stealth check against Perception. The Stealth option is only available if the opponent is distracted by Deception, Intimidation or another effect.

COMBAT MANEUVER COMBOS: I'm pretty sure I saw that Jon L confirmed that you are not supposed to use maneuver combos like All-Out/Power Attack at the same time. But I'm allowing their usage up to +2/-2 for non-minions/non-forces with Extra Effort. Characters that have the necessary Advantages for the combos can use them up to the full +5/-5 ranks. I think utilizing the full +5/-5 can be overpowering in a scene, but for certain moments, I think it brings excitement so I decided to allow it in this manner for now.

HERO POINT USAGE – FORCE REROLL: I love the Advantage mechanic in D&D 5E so I am adding an option to Hero Point where you can use an HP to force an opponent to reroll an attack or check roll without having the Luck Control power.

TIME IS IMMUTABLE: There is NO TIME TRAVEL in the Thorpocamultiverse. You can have effects that slow or speed up a personal time field but it's more of a psionic or kinetic effect as opposed to stopping or accelerating actual time. Time travel is just a walking plot hole and it's getting overused in all fantasy/comic/sci-fi mediums right now so I am putting a stop to it here.

Story-wise, the Thorpocamultiverse “Big Bang” started everything untold billions of years ago but as they split out, different universes had their development occur at different rates. So a setting like The Legion of Superheroes timeline is futuristic but in overall multiversal “time”, it’s the same point as the current time. No one can meet their future selves but they can interact with versions of themselves from other universes that could potentially be their past or future selves.

Of course, if I screw something up bad enough, I reserve the right to retcon this, of course. :)

SKILLS:

Nothing yet, but there could be something eventually.

ADVANTAGES:

HOUSE ADVANTAGES: Here is a list of homebrew, swiped, converted 2E and eventual new 3E book Advantages (I hope) that I will be using for my personal setting builds:

Accelerated Acrobatics - You can try to cross a precarious surface faster than normal. If you increase the Difficulty Class by 5, you can move your full speed as a move action instead of -1 rank. Moving twice your speed in a round requires the penalty plus two skill checks, Acrobatics and the usual Athletics.
Accelerated Climb - You can try to climb more quickly than normal, at -1 rank instead of -2. You can accept an addition +5 DC to move at full speed.
Accelerated Stealth - You can move up to your normal speed instead of -1 rank. Moving twice
your speed in a round requires the penalty plus two skill checks, Stealth and the usual Athletics.
Cat's Feet: You can operate without detection by normal hearing.
Clean (ranked) - Checks to connect you with a crime increase by DC5 per rank.
Combat Clarity (ranked) - +2 checks to resist Feints, 2nd rank increases to +5.
Combat Leader - Use a Hero Point or Luck (Inspiration) for you and allies in 60 ft radius to get +2 bonus on Initiative rolls.
Conceal Efforts - Anyone who inspects your bindings during a Sleight of Hand escape check must make a Perception check with a DC equal to your Sleight of Hand result to notice your escape attempt.
Cunning Fighter - Use your Attack Bonus instead of Deception to Feint in combat.
Damaging Escape - When you escape from a grab, you get an unarmed attack against the opponent as a free action. You still have to roll to hit.
Deep Ties (ranked) - Gain extra an hero points when faced with an emotionally important complication. Limited to 3 ranks.
Deadeye – You can Aim as a move action. Cannot be used in conjunction with Improved Aim in same action.
Defensive Strike - +2 circumstance bonus on next attack against opponent that misses you in close combat. The bonus does not count against PL caps.
Durable Lie - The target believes your Deception for an additional round.
Eagle Eyes - Your visual perception range increment is 100 ft.
Escape Death – You can automatically stabilize yourself when dying.
Fighting Climb – You are not vulnerable when climbing.
Forceful Intimidation - You can force your subject to take an action that is against their interests (but not life threatening).
Follow-up Strike - Follow up a critical hit with a free attack action against the same target.
Hide Tampering - You can conceal any tampering with a device. Anyone who inspects the device must make a check against your Technology or Sleight of Hand check result to notice your tampering.
Improved Daze – You can attempt to Daze as a move action without the penalty.
Improved Feint – You may attempt to Feint as a move action without the penalty.
Improved Trick - You may use Deception to bluff or trick as a move action without penalty.
Last Stand - Use Extra Effort to ignore all damage penalties for one round.
Lionheart (ranked) - +2 bonus against Fear and related effects (2nd rank increases bonus to +5). The bonus is limited by PL caps.
Martial Strike (ranked) - +1 unarmed damage per rank. Limited to 4 ranks.
Mobility – +2 parry defense bonus against attacks of opportunity when you move out of a threatened space. 2nd rank increases bonus to +5.
Rallying Cry: As a standard action, you can spend a hero point or use Luck (Inspiration) to grant allies in auditory perception range a new Will save to overcome fear and lasting mental effects.
Rousing Speech (ranked): Choose interaction skill, make DC15 interaction skill check to grant ally +2 bonus to particular check. Additional rank to raise bonus to +5 or select additional interaction skill.
Skill Supremacy (ranked) - When using Hero Point to temporarily increase Skill ranks, instead of +2 the bonus becomes +5.
Speed of Thought - Use Intellect modifier instead of Agility modifier for initiative checks.
Sweeping Strike: If you score a successful unarmed attack, you can make a trip attack as a free action.
Swift: You can add an extra rank of Speed to your additional rank gained with a successful Athletics check.
Tough (ranked) - +1 to Toughness saving throws, limited to 4 ranks.
Unbalancing Strike - When you hit an opponent with a close attack, you can choose to throw them off balance rather than inflicting damage. A success means they are Vulnerable on defense for the next round.
Withstand Damage (ranked) - When using the Defend action, you can reduce your active defenses 2 ranks to increase Toughness bonus by 2 ranks (2nd rank increases to 5 ranks).
Wolf's Ears: Your auditory perception checks have range increment of 100 ft.
Zen Strike - Use your Awareness instead of your Strength for unarmed damage.

LANGUAGES: Too expensive in the RAW for my taste. My rule is that Languages rank 1 gives you 2 languages, 2 ranks gives you 5, 3 ranks gives you 10 and so on up the Progression chart. I don't see giving anymore than 3 ranks, but you never know.

LUCK: Also, I am using the optional Luck Advantage rule from the GM's Guide that allows a character to have ranks at Luck that reflect each separate application of HP usage. So characters can have:

Luck (Edit Scene)
Luck (Force Reroll)
Luck (Heroic Feat)
Luck (Improve Roll)
Luck (Inspiration)
Luck (Instant Counter)
Luck (Recover)

RANKED COMBAT MANEUVER ADVANTAGES: The usage of the Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack and Power Attack Advantages works similarly to Improved Critical in that you need to note the effect that you can use them with. Example: Superman takes Power Attack (1) (Unarmed) so he can increase his damage up to +5 for that attack only. His Heat Vision Power Attack increase would be limited +2 per the standard Power Attack maneuver rules.

Multiple ranks in Power Attack can be taken for as many attacks/effects as the player wants.

POWERS:

FLIGHT: I’m adding an option to take a 1 pf Flaw on first rank of Flight to move at 30 fpr/4 mph. Just fits more for slow flying creatures like some of my converted fantasy creatures or the flight of fighting game characters for example.

REGENERATION: I’m bringing back the Regrowth Extra from 2E. I agree with Jab, you should have an Extra to be able to grow back limbs. Makes Deathstroke’s missing eye with his regenerative powers make a lot more sense.

Regeneration Rounds: To clarify, this a chart to show which rounds you recover a -1 to Toughness if you have Regeneration.

Healing Factor: Regeneration 1 (1 every 9 rounds [9, 18, 27]); 1 pt
Healing Factor: Regeneration 2 (1 every 5 rounds [5, 10]); 2 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 3 (1 every 3 rounds [3, 6, 9, 12...); 3 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 4 (4 every 10 rounds [2, 5, 8, 10]); 4 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 5 (1 every other round [2, 4, 6, 8, 10]); 5 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 6 (2 every 3 rounds [2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12...]); 6 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 7 (3 every 4 rounds [2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12); 7 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 8 (4 out of 5 rounds [2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10); 8 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 9 (9 every 10 rounds [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]); 9 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 10 (1 every round); 10 pts

Regeneration 11 on would be one every round, then add a check per the chart, etc.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart Fight Club! - Opening Soon!

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Saved 4
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart Fight Club! - Opening Soon!

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Saved 5
Thorpocalypse

1 - Superman (Kal-El)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our first official Earth-FG build is getting stocked on Aisle 1! And as we always do, we hold to a simple philosophy: For some reason, it always starts with Superman. 8-)

Superman: Only criminals need to fear me.
Batman: Shazam and Green Arrow were criminals?
Superman: Casualties of war...

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL10

OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 2
Height: 6-4
Weight: 225
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Kryptonian
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Metropolis, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League; JLAXI; Legion of Super Heroes (Honorary)

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 8 (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 2 (+5), Insight (+5), Intimidation 3 (+8), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion (+5), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – He’s Superman), Diehard, Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Languages (1) (Kryptonian, 1 other, Base: English), Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improved Roll) (1), Power Attack (2) (Heat Vision Blast, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 4 (100 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 17 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 3 pt Array; 4 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Leaping 3 (60 ft); 3 pts
Flying: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 21 pt Array; 24 pts
Freezing Breath: Cumulative Affliction 8 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Accurate, Reach 4 [20 ft]); 21 pts
Heat Vision Blast: Heat Energy Damage 7 (Extra: Accurate 2, Reach 4 [20 ft]); 1 pt
Heat Vision Beam: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 7 (Extra: Accurate 3, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Kryptonian Battle Armor: Protection 2, Feature 1 (Quick Change); 3 pts
Headquarters: (26 pts)
Fortress of Solitude: Size – H, Tough – 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [+20 DC], Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Kelex and Robots], Power System, Security System); 26 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8]
Heat Vision +12 [Heat Vision Blast +7]
Freezing Breath +10 [Freezing Breath Affliction +8]
Ranged Attack +2
Heat Vision +11 [Heat Vision +7]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane and his son, Jon. Other important people in his life include his mother and father, Martha and Jonathan Kent, his cousin, Supergirl, his clone Kon-El, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant. In the superhero community he is close to Batman, Wonder Woman, Captain America and Thor. And of course, his loyal dog, Krypto..
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Secret Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet.
Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 82 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 50 + Defenses 15 = 175 / 175

Build Comments: The portrayal of Superman in the Injustice series is fantastic. After the Joker tricks him into killing Lois and his unborn child, he loses it, kills the Joker in cold blood and begins to basically take over the world to keep protect it. In the comic series, you can feel him slipping from remorseful to pretty much a despot who will kill anyone who opposes him. And of course, that opposition comes from Batman and superhero Civil War x10 erupts. It’s a complete departure from the Clark we’ve all known and that’s why it so great. It gives credence to the “no kill” philosophy that Bruce has taught because it really seems that once Clark gave in, there was really no turning back, just like Bruce has said for years.

As a build, he's a beast for any of my fighting game builds to deal with, but not unbeatable. I tested him against my Earth-FG Batman for a few rounds and Clark squashed him and then I did a few rounds with Sub-Zero and he did OK, so hopefully I got the balance right. Once I get a few more fighting game builds up with more variety, I'll do more testing and probably make some tweaks.

And check out the coolness that is his Super Move in Injustice 2. :)
Ken

Re: J-Mart Fight Club: Superman

Post by Ken »

Stamina 8 + Protection 2 from Invulnerability + Protection 2 from Battle Armor = 12 Toughness, not 10.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Ken wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:21 pm Stamina 8 + Protection 2 from Invulnerability + Protection 2 from Battle Armor = 12 Toughness, not 10.
Page 214, Bonus Stacking: Equipment bonuses do not stack with each other or other types of bonuses, only the highest bonus applies. Can't stack Protection from equipment and from Powers, so Toughness 10 is correct. Armor is there for when he is exposed to Kryptonite and loses his powers, I believe.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Psistrike wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:39 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:21 pm Stamina 8 + Protection 2 from Invulnerability + Protection 2 from Battle Armor = 12 Toughness, not 10.
Page 214, Bonus Stacking: Equipment bonuses do not stack with each other or other types of bonuses, only the highest bonus applies. Can't stack Protection from equipment and from Powers, so Toughness 10 is correct. Armor is there for when he is exposed to Kryptonite and loses his powers, I believe.
You are correct, sir. Just added it for flavor mostly since Injustice 2 Superman definitely is wearing Kryptonian Battle Armor.

Considering how hard it was for Bruce and Sub-Zero to do any damage to him in my mini-tests so far, I may be cutting his Stamina and or Protection back a bit, though. Once I get Goro cleaned up, I might let the two of them go at it, since he's more in Clark's fighting game brick class.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Power Instinct builds or I riot :).
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:28 am Power Instinct builds or I riot :).
Wow, you took that one "from the chest's bottom" as we say here in Brazil. Though now I'm curious how one would stat out the two-old-ladies-tied-back-to-back fighter from Power Instinct 3 (Groove on Fight)...
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:28 am Power Instinct builds or I riot :).
I've wanted to do them myself, but I can never manage to really work up the motivation to do a full set of builds without getting distracted by something else. I did find a Power Instinct wiki, though. As far as I can tell, most characters seem to have their moves described, though there's a few missing.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Huh. I just now heard of this game with this riotous threat. I may have to comply, if only to keep the peace on the boards. ;)
Thorpocalypse

2 - Sub-Zero

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Let's continue our Fighting Game builds with this KOLD KOMFORT SPECIAL!

I am Sub-Zero. Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. And you are trespassing. FIGHT - Sub-Zero

SUB-ZERO
PL10

OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 2

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLEKT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 7 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletiks 6 (+9), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 3 (+16), Deception (+2), Expertise [Ninja] 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Kold Kontrol] 7 (+11), Stealth 7 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Benefit (2) (Status, Resources – Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei), Defensive Attakk, Defensive Roll (2), Improved Kritikal (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Mandarin), Move-by Action, Power Attakk, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Half-Outworld Kryomancer Physiology: Immunity 3 (Aging, Enviromental Kold, Own Powers), Movement 1 (Sure Footed); 5 pts
Kryomancy: 15 pt Array; 24 pts
Freezing Ice: Ranged Kumulative Affliktion 8 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Kondition, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two Degrees, Limited to 2 rounds in duration]); 15 pts
Ground Ice: Line Area Affliktion 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Line Area [30 ft line], Flaws: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Distrakting, Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited [Sub Zero must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Ice Blast: Ranged Multiattakk Damage 5 (Extra: Accurate, Indirekt [from above], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]) 1 pt
Kori Blade: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous); 1 pt
Kori Daggers: Piercing Multattakk Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous); 1 pt
Ice Dekoys: Koncealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Flaw: Limited [to Ice Dekoy Duplikates]); 1 pt
Ice Wall: Kreate 8 (Ice Objekts; Flaw: Diminished Range 2 [5/10/25], Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Ice Slide: Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr); 1 pt
Ice Kounter: Reaktion Affliktion 5 (Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Kondition, Reaktion [to being hit], Flaw: Distrakting, Limited to two Degrees); 1 pt
Freezing Teleport: Teleport 1 (60 ft; Extra: Linked [Affliktion]), Ranged Affliktion 8 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless, Extra: Linked [Teleport], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two degrees, Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Klose Attakk +13 [Kori Blade +6, Kritikal 19-20; Ice Kounter Affliktion +5; Kori Daggers +4, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3, Kritikal 19-20]
Ranged Attakk +4
Kryomancy +11 [Freeze Affliktion +8; Ice Wall Create +8]
Ice Blast +13 [Ice Blast +5, Multiattakk]
Special Attakk [Ground Ice +10, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Enemy: Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Shao Kahn.
Responsibility: Win the Mortal Kombat Tournament and bring honor back to the Lin Kuei.
Rivalry: With Scorpion and Noob Saibot, who is his resurrected brother.

Abilities 70 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 29 + Defenses 17 = 152 / 152

Build Comments: I know it’s been a big debate about who is the best/most iconic character in the Mortal Kombat series. As always, it’s a matter of preference, but for me, it’s Sub-Zero. So in this Earth-FG experiment, he’s going to be part of my “beta” test with around 8-12 builds that I plan to test in short combat scenarios to see if I have my general fighting game style mechanics right. I think this Sub-Zero will be able to hold his own with any of the higher tier fighters I’m building. My main concern with his powerset is that I’ll have to figure out a way to make sure he uses more than just his ice powers.