J-Mart Fight Club: Closed for remodeling

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: 37 - M Bison

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:38 pm Chun Li: You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero... at a thousand paces.
Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.
Chun Li: You don't remember?
Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me...it was Tuesday.

Best dialogue exchange in the movie. And one of the greatest villain moments in cinema.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Re: 39 - Goro

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:43 pm Image
GORO

He always reminded me of the Champions villain Grond. Grond was introduced in Enemies II in 1982, so I think he predates Mortal Kombat.

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: 40 - King II

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:16 am Check out this new item for our Tekken line!

Grrrrrrrr.... - King II

KING
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 2
Loving these fighting game builds. Promise me if you do a Captain Marvel one, you use the one from Mortal Kombat vs DCU and NOT the Injustice Shazam version. Since not only did that one killed in a way that made no sense (although he was at least being true to character there), but its like the Justice team said "You know, I bet we could make the Nu-52 Shazam outfit look even uglier".

Regarding King II, there was actually a funny bit in Namco X Capcom where King II and Felicia were paired up, and she basically assumed that he was a Darkstalker due to his "face", telling him to do things like "Use his cat-like senses for tracking". At which point he'd give a deadpan "This is a mask". It became a running joke until the end, where Felicia actually transforms into a normal cat, which freaks King out. Turns out he thought she was just a martial artist cosplaying as a catgirl.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: 30 - Jago

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:17 pm We're continuing with our Fighting Game Heroes as we add another new item to our Killer Instinct line! Check it out on Aisle 9!

I'm afraid your path ends here. - Jago

JAGO
PL10

OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 2
I admit, I always had a soft spot of Jago, and I love the re-design for him. He's also got a bitchin theme song.

Though sadly, my brain being the mess that it is, once the throat singing part started, my brain immediately started inserting words.

"Oooo, ahhhh,
here comes that guy Jago.
Likes to drive around town,
in his Winnebago."
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart Fight Club: Lots of reposts, King II

Post by Jabroniville »

Jumpin' Jesus, Thorp! I thought *I* might have been posting Fighting Game guys too quickly! This is nuts! I have no hope of reading through anything in any kind of detail, lol. Thank god it's mostly just reposts, so I can focus on my faves :).
Thorpocalypse

Potential House Rules

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I was starting a quick test and I had some thoughts about some house rules I might be adding to this setting and maybe a a couple of the others. I'm going to test them out and make some final decisions.

---------------------------------------

1) Adding Attack of Opportunity to close combat. Something still doesn't feel right to me about characters just moving in and out of threatened spaces. Years of D&D programming I guess.

With that, I would add a Disengage to actions allow movement out of close combat but without allowing the disengager to attack. I'm thinking I might allow an opposed Acrobatics or Stealth check against Perception or Insight, whichever is better, to avoid. The Stealth option would only really make sense in mass combat situations, though. I'm thinking I'd allow a perception check to notice opponent moving into close combat range if engaged with other opponent for another AOO. This would be for the fighting game setting and my fantasy setting. Maaaaaybe main setting but it's 50-50 at best.

2) Reducing range to 10/25/50 for all ranged effects instead of 25/50/100. Extended range extra would be full 1 pt per rank. That's only for this fighting game setting. Who needs range when you should only be a "screen" apart? ;)

3) This a for sure addition to all settings. Add Force Reroll option to Hero Point usage. I love the Advantage rule in 5E so I'm going to use a variation of it here.

4) This is minor, but there's going to be an option Can take a 1 pf Flaw on first rank of Flight to move at 30 fpr/4 mph. This is mainly driven by the slow Flight speed of D&D type creatures, but you don't need a ton of flight speed in the fighting game world either.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum